Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Non-soda alternatives?

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby n9yty on April 4th, 2019, 2:12 pm
Except beer ($$$) or water, what do you think it would take to get some non-soda drink alternatives with some flavor? I don't even know what that would be, tea? I know they have had Fuze at some locations, but I think that is basically soda with all the sugar content and all.

You know, with the increasing soda/sugar taxes here or on the way, and health concerns, it would be nice to have some flavored alternatives for those who just want more for the taste buds than water offers.

Any chance some noise could be made to make it happen? :)
n9yty

Postby cliffhanger on April 4th, 2019, 3:19 pm
I highly doubt it. Sugar sells, and soda is has a huge profit margin. Not to mention soda and sweetened drinks (Fuze,Lemonade,LifeWater) are easier to make than something like unsweetened iced tea. I can totally see them jump on the sparkling water bandwagon, but only in prepackaged containers and marked waaay up. The best choice right now is to bring flavor packets and a water bottle.

EDIT: I just remember these existed.
https://www.truelemon.com/collections/unsweetened-hydration-helpers
Might be a good way to add flavor without sugar/sweeteners. I don't see how security could deny them too!
cliffhanger

Postby n9yty on April 4th, 2019, 4:26 pm
My problem is I don't bring a pack/bag/etc, I think those would get destroyed in a pocket. LoL Thanks for the idea, though, definitely looks like it will have to be some kind of DIY solution. :)
n9yty

Postby UnclePennybags on April 4th, 2019, 7:00 pm
n9yty wrote:it would be nice to have some flavored alternatives for those who just want more for the taste buds than water offers.

I'm not sure if this counts: I usually drink plain ice water, but every so often, if I'm close to a Freestyle, I might drink flavored carbonated water. A subtle difference, but it's enough for me (I never drink soda because it's too sweet).
Last edited by UnclePennybags on April 5th, 2019, 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UnclePennybags

Postby FParker185 on April 4th, 2019, 8:46 pm
Also from the freestyle you can get flavored non-carbonated water, I think it's under Dasani, then you can choose any of the flavors, strawberry water is quite good, and not overly sweetened
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby Ilovthevu' on April 5th, 2019, 3:04 pm
The park doesn't care. Soda is cheap for them, and they make a fortune with soda sales. Just look at all the people with bottles at the park. Is one bottle about $20 without buying a dining plan?

What I think is, just leave the park, and go Dunkin Donuts (For Starbuck's people, you have that place), or some other place to get a drink. Speedway has Slurpee's. I am a person that doesn't want to stay in the park for 10 hours a day only. Eating with all those people in long lines for food seems like misery to me. Maybe, that's the reason I have such a longevity in going to amusement parks still whereas others have fallen off the amusement park interest. I also consider myself a amusement ride enthusiast / not just a coaster enthusiast. I ride a lot more than just coasters.

Anyway, it's better to just leave, and get whatever drink you want outside the park unless you just love soda. Plus with your soda bottles, you have thieves in the park because those things cost so much money.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby RobSFGAm on April 18th, 2019, 7:43 pm
FYI -
That Dunkin Donuts outside the park is currently closed for remodeling, not sure when they plan to re-open it.
RobSFGAm

Postby JT2002 on April 19th, 2019, 2:28 pm
RobSFGAm wrote:FYI -
That Dunkin Donuts outside the park is currently closed for remodeling, not sure when they plan to re-open it.

I believe they are adding a drive thru
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby Viper 88 on July 11th, 2019, 10:16 pm
Lipton cold brew tea bags as a member of my party can't have soda, lemonade, or diet as they are diabetic and it messes with their numbers. Other than that cold water and MIO drink drops or great value drink drops or Dasani drink drops.
Viper 88

Postby anewman35 on July 12th, 2019, 7:33 am
When I was at SFNE a few weeks ago they had a refill station (which was closed, but whatever) that had a bunch of different iced tea flavors. Still probably not exactly healthy, but maybe better than some of the typical pop the parks serve...
anewman35

Postby Ilovthevu' on July 12th, 2019, 12:18 pm
JT2002 wrote:
RobSFGAm wrote:FYI -

I believe they are adding a drive thru

They are OPEN again!
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum