Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Way too early 2020 predictions!

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby IssaCoaster on June 26th, 2019, 12:21 pm
maxwellt wrote:
IssaCoaster wrote:Demon should have been chosen for a layout as well. Despite how many people think it's staying for a while[emoji23].

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
I thought about it, but I didn't want to trigger too many people lol. Demon is tough due to the train, but the turnaround and corkscrews can be one section (that ride could be dc themed right by justice league) and the part with the lift and loops can be for another attraction.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

People are definetly gonna hate me for this, but what Six flags could do is close down BBattle and Demon, then use those two spots together for a big attraction. They could then close the pathway in between the two spots and the park could just be one big circle. Or I'm dreaming too much..... I'll see myself out.
IssaCoaster

Postby JackGlass on June 26th, 2019, 12:37 pm
They closed off the County Fair entrance back in 2002 and put this trampoline attraction there, making the park a complete circle. However, guests complained about it and the next year it was reopened
JackGlass

Postby JT2002 on June 26th, 2019, 5:21 pm
Buccy and Go karts could leave, but probably in the somewhat distant future. They would have to build/dig a tunnel for the maintenance road and backstage area to go under, which would also be a large investment.

Also, no way is Condor leaving with the small space it takes up, crowds it brings in still, and uniqueness. Dark Knight is out of it's prime already, it is very rough, it could leave within the decade. Demon will leave the park probably after the Eagle is retracked. Roaring Rapids will not be leaving before the flumes. it gets such long lines, especially on hot days. I would think they would remove Logger's Run if they have the option of taking only one flume out because it's been providing a lot of headaches for maintenance the last couple years (they often don't even bother opening it for the day).
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby CoasterRiderSC on June 27th, 2019, 9:45 am
JT2002 wrote:Buccy and Go karts could leave, but probably in the somewhat distant future. They would have to build/dig a tunnel for the maintenance road and backstage area to go under, which would also be a large investment.

Also, no way is Condor leaving with the small space it takes up, crowds it brings in still, and uniqueness. Dark Knight is out of it's prime already, it is very rough, it could leave within the decade. Demon will leave the park probably after the Eagle is retracked. Roaring Rapids will not be leaving before the flumes. it gets such long lines, especially on hot days. I would think they would remove Logger's Run if they have the option of taking only one flume out because it's been providing a lot of headaches for maintenance the last couple years (they often don't even bother opening it for the day).

Dark Knight isn't going anywhere. That thing always has a line (sometimes 45 minutes on a busy day) and it fills a few niches: dark ride, family ride, starter coaster
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby gottastrata33 on June 29th, 2019, 10:30 pm
Has anyone wondered IF 2020 will bring more coasters to the chain cause of Six Flags Dubai being cancelled? They had to have plans/purchases from that park yeah? It’s actually really exciting if that’s true due to what is prob already planned for 2020 for the chain. Granted they could have easily cancelled those purchases.
gottastrata33

Postby staticshadows on June 29th, 2019, 10:34 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:Has anyone wondered IF 2020 will bring more coasters to the chain cause of Six Flags Dubai being cancelled? They had to have plans/purchases from that park yeah? It’s actually really exciting if that’s true due to what is prob already planned for 2020 for the chain. Granted they could have easily cancelled those purchases.

https://blooloop.com/news/dxb-rides-bol ... cancelled/
staticshadows

Postby gottastrata33 on June 29th, 2019, 10:40 pm
o m f g

NO. LOL welllll there’s that idea. There are all these rumors of a power splash coming to the chain rumored to be from Dubai & it made me think of anything else that was planned. Nevverrrminnddd
gottastrata33

Postby Sven18 on June 30th, 2019, 12:55 am
gottastrata33 wrote:Has anyone wondered IF 2020 will bring more coasters to the chain cause of Six Flags Dubai being cancelled? They had to have plans/purchases from that park yeah? It’s actually really exciting if that’s true due to what is prob already planned for 2020 for the chain. Granted they could have easily cancelled those purchases.

Every foreign park is a licensing deal. SF Corporate does not put up any money, no Capex, thus they don't buy anything, don't own anything related to the foreign parks, Thus, SF has no control & were never going to get the rides from the cancelled Dubai Park. The Dubai park developer owned the rides & thus are moving them to their other parks in the development.
Sven18

Postby gottastrata33 on July 1st, 2019, 7:31 pm
I learned somethin new. Thank you. Interesting.

My guess & honestly hopes for 2020 are rethemes & additions to our existing kids areas. I’m thinking a Bugs Bunny National Park/Camp & a DC super friends. I hope with the rethemes of existing attractions, a new flat & kiddie coaster will be added. Right now I think The area across from Hometown Park could really use the kiddie coaster to fill up that space for more than a holiday event advertisement. The Demon que & service path/road would be unobstructed. I think this works well & will look A LOT better than what is currently there...Image
I dream of the 400ft "Great American SkyScreamer". x
gottastrata33

Postby JackGlass on July 1st, 2019, 7:43 pm
^ That's a really good idea!
JackGlass

Postby gottastrata33 on July 1st, 2019, 9:26 pm
Isn’t it?! & thank you haha I mean Cmon, it’ll fill the space nicely. You can put a little foliage around it. Paint it black, call it the Little Devil. It’d be a cute name with Demon next to it.
gottastrata33

Postby jmanporty7 on July 1st, 2019, 10:18 pm
Camp Cartoon --> Bugs Bunny Boomtown
Kidzopolis --> DC Super Friends

Add a new junior coaster either to Boomtown or Super Friends if able to. Save the "Advertisement-Land" for a family/thrill flat ride in 2021/2022.
jmanporty7

Postby gottastrata33 on July 1st, 2019, 11:43 pm
jmanporty7 wrote:Camp Cartoon --> Bugs Bunny Boomtown
Kidzopolis --> DC Super Friends

Add a new junior coaster either to Boomtown or Super Friends if able to. Save the "Advertisement-Land" for a family/thrill flat ride in 2021/2022.

Fun sucker. ;) ok & Where?
gottastrata33

Postby JT2002 on July 4th, 2019, 5:48 pm
Final prediction for 2020 (due to recent rumors): Camp Cartoon revamp. A new kids ride will replace the two old Flintstones ones, while they may keep/retheme the other three to be extra cheap. They may just take out all the rides in the area (unlikely at this point), but probably will just invest the money into other moderate improvements throughout the park.
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby JaminOut on July 8th, 2019, 5:09 pm
I’m not trying to jump to conclusions, but could this mean anything?

(Insert comment about how Six Flags would never be this detailed in their teasers...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby SiliconMessiah on July 8th, 2019, 5:53 pm
JaminOut wrote:I’m not trying to jump to conclusions, but could this mean anything?

(Insert comment about how Six Flags would never be this detailed in their teasers...

Not 100% sure but I think that soda bottle means that they’re no longer the “cleanest park in America”.

SiliconMessiah

Postby coasterfanatic on July 10th, 2019, 3:07 am
The 2020 announcements are less than 2 months way now. This forum shouldn’t be called “way too early 2020 predictions!”

I do think a kids area revamp could be possible. But other than that, I’m not sure. I think it’s safe to say it won’t be a coaster. Is there a flat that’s on its last leg? I’ve been thinking Battle for years but it hangs around for its few hours each day so I don’t really know. Battle is only ride I can see them removing and even so, if they close it, it’s likely a few years before they add something. (Although they removed Pictorium and added something year after?)

Would a RMC single rail fit in Battles spot?

There’s also been all this talk about RMCing Eagle. What about Viper instead? I love Viper but it definitely plays more rough than Eagle.

coasterfanatic

Postby CoasterRiderSC on July 10th, 2019, 8:06 am
coasterfanatic wrote:
There’s also been all this talk about RMCing Eagle. What about Viper instead? I love Viper but it definitely plays more rough than Eagle.

Very interesting idea! Viper to me is just OK unless the lapbar STAYS up enough during the entire ride.
A revamp of Camp Cartoon totally makes sense and is needed.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby CoasterRiderSC on July 10th, 2019, 8:07 am
JaminOut wrote:I’m not trying to jump to conclusions, but could this mean anything?

Yeah, this means that the Six Flags server admin needs to reboot the machine for Dark Knight :)

CoasterRiderSC

Postby gottastrata33 on July 11th, 2019, 1:42 am
Rumors for other parks/ours. Anyone know, read or heard any? Also I’m answering ilovethevu here instead of in the Maxx thread.

SFOG ain’t interested in a free spin. Sorry to tell ya but I brought that up to a friend while I was there a couple weeks ago & they don’t want one. Now that doesn’t mean it won’t happen but that’s all I’m gonna tell ya haha

I’ve only heard two rumors - the awful theory that GL at SFMM will be Headin to La Ronde. I guess it’s not bad but I really think that ride is gonna be scrapped. The other being SFOT to get a power splash.

Both SFOT & SFOG have their “splash water falls” gone basically. So there is a possibility of a good ride coming to those areas. I really think SFOG will get a Maxx Force style ride but not for 2020. They don’t have a launch coaster. At all. I’m excited for 2020 though. I think it’s gonna be epic to be honest.
gottastrata33

Postby staticshadows on July 11th, 2019, 8:01 am
^SFA - A Zamperla Giant Discovery (not a Giga Discovery) is confirmed by the soil borings for the Skycoaster site. The measurements match the center points of the columns of the one at SFOT.
https://www.managetickets.com/mdrecApp/ ... ApZhwrYMlj

SFNE - Tornado slide closed for the season and markings behind Batman. Water park expansion?

SFGAdv - Safari Tours kids ride removed from Safari Kids area and Looney Toons Seaport kids area is all marked up.

SFMexico - Park is claiming something big is coming and the arena by Skyscreamer is marked up. https://youtu.be/i1YUiP7X0hg

Frontier City - large area is marked up north of the old Nightmare Mine coaster building. https://m.facebook.com/groups/868308479 ... 791982936/

White Water Atlanta - Rapids slide is closed and rumored to be replaced by a new slide.
staticshadows

Postby rb1 on July 11th, 2019, 12:54 pm
Probly removal of a ride family coaster kid area retheme. Be nice to get another big coaster like Wonder Woman since they got a new movie coming out in 2020.
rb1

Postby IssaCoaster on July 11th, 2019, 4:40 pm
coasterfanatic wrote:The 2020 announcements are less than 2 months way now. This forum shouldn’t be called “way too early 2020 predictions!”

I do think a kids area revamp could be possible. But other than that, I’m not sure. I think it’s safe to say it won’t be a coaster. Is there a flat that’s on its last leg? I’ve been thinking Battle for years but it hangs around for its few hours each day so I don’t really know. Battle is only ride I can see them removing and even so, if they close it, it’s likely a few years before they add something. (Although they removed Pictorium and added something year after?)

Would a RMC single rail fit in Battles spot?

The Eagle seems like the better candidate to be RMC'd. Viper is in better shape than the Eagle. Viper is consistent and still brings great rides almost everytime. The Eagle is rough and heavily trimmed. Something needs to happen to the ride very soon.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
IssaCoaster

Postby gottastrata33 on July 11th, 2019, 9:15 pm
I REALLY believe we will be getting a “Timber Town/Boomtown” &/or “DC Friends” areas for 2020. A new kiddie coaster, some new flats, a huge upgrade & retheme to both areas. It makes so much sense after the last few years. 2016 was def a fantastic family year but 2010 & 2015 was the last time anything was put in place for the little ones. Family focus after a huge thrill ride is what I’m predicting.
gottastrata33

Postby ledgeland on July 11th, 2019, 9:31 pm
Refresh of kids areas seems likely. Camp Cartoon is looking a little better than it did at the start of the season, but it's down a ride and Sprocket Rockets or whatever it is called now is showing its age. It is pretty obvious that they are working around the licensing they don't have anymore in both kids areas. Can't imagine why they wouldn't stretch the DC stuff further (for the kids areas as suggested) if they can leverage that licensing without adding much or any cost to whatever that agreement is.

And yes it makes sense that some family things are in store with the recent additions.
ledgeland

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum