Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Maxx Force NEW FOR 2019

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby gottastrata33 on July 8th, 2019, 9:17 pm
Lol for real.
gottastrata33

Postby UnclePennybags on July 8th, 2019, 10:14 pm
CoasterNick3157 wrote:Did the crew go on strike or go home for the summer?????
SaveTheWAVE wrote:
B&MGuy35 wrote:Is the queue finished?
Station looked painted?

Not yet. No work on the station as far as I can tell.

Waiting for the park to finish Maxx Force is like watching paint dry, which is apt because they're probably waiting for the paint to dry on the rails before they install them.
UnclePennybags

Postby AirTimeDaz on July 9th, 2019, 6:53 am
I don't understand why they didn't just paint the queue rails indoors while they were being fabricated. If they were painted inside then delivered to the site, weather wouldn't be a factor.
AirTimeDaz

Postby Sven18 on July 9th, 2019, 1:15 pm
The entire way this opened & not being done is so low rent, would never hapen at Cedar Fair, Busch, Hershend, etc.. Open a ride when it's done & start construction so it is done before July. It's not ven like this was a massive coaster. Hint, SF it's better for patrons if you start early like CF did with Yukon & Copperhead and people may know a coaster is coming via leak, than wait till announcements & dilly daddle in the fall & have it open July.
Sven18

Postby redrobinround on July 9th, 2019, 2:34 pm
i was on stt and the flat part of the roof isnr even done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
redrobinround

Postby gottastrata33 on July 10th, 2019, 12:42 am
All I know Is my Instagram has become a Maxx Force fan account. Officially. Lol ;) but has there really been no further work done on anything?!
gottastrata33

Postby coasterfanatic on July 10th, 2019, 11:20 am
I heard through the grapevine that MaxxForce experienced a rollback yesterday. Some of the break fins were bent but the ride was reopened later in day. The train has to be manually pushed back and was unloaded from launch.

coasterfanatic

Postby JaminOut on July 10th, 2019, 11:48 am
coasterfanatic wrote:I heard through the grapevine that MaxxForce experienced a rollback yesterday. Some of the break fins were bent but the ride was reopened later in day. The train has to be manually pushed back and was unloaded from launch.

There was a rollback on Tuesday too. It shut the ride down for over and hour and a half.
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby cliffhanger on July 10th, 2019, 11:59 am
coasterfanatic wrote:I heard through the grapevine that MaxxForce experienced a rollback yesterday. Some of the break fins were bent but the ride was reopened later in day. The train has to be manually pushed back and was unloaded from launch.

Not entirely correct. It did roll back yesterday, I saw it while waiting in line. Photos and videos on facebook show that there was no damage, and the guests were evac'ed after the tunnel. They walked back through the tunnel. It ran later that day, so it wasnt anything too serious.
cliffhanger

Postby cliffhanger on July 10th, 2019, 12:00 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:All I know Is my Instagram has become a Maxx Force fan account. Officially. Lol ;) but has there really been no further work done on anything?!

Only half of the railings are installed in the first queue. The inside of the station is still unpainted too...
cliffhanger

Postby coasterfanatic on July 10th, 2019, 12:23 pm
cliffhanger wrote:

Not entirely correct. It did roll back yesterday, I saw it while waiting in line. Photos and videos on facebook show that there was no damage, and the guests were evac'ed after the tunnel. They walked back through the tunnel. It ran later that day, so it wasnt anything too serious.

Never said it was serious but it does seem to not have the best system of resetting after a rollback. It’s a much longer process than let’s say Dragster. And anytime you have to unload from something other than break run or station is not ideal.

coasterfanatic

Postby cliffhanger on July 10th, 2019, 12:36 pm
coasterfanatic wrote:Never said it was serious but it does seem to not have the best system of resetting after a rollback. It’s a much longer process than let’s say Dragster.

Yeah, i was thinking the same thing. I wonder if they don't have a fast reset procedure for rollbacks. It would stink if this was the SOP for all rollbacks. Interesting for sure.
cliffhanger

Postby SaveTheWAVE on July 10th, 2019, 1:13 pm
The reset procedure on Maxx Force may may be a little wonky due to the way the launch dog works:
The catch car flattens out after releasing from the train. It then comes back to its ready position where the part that was flat forms a triangle vertically. This is where the train is attached for launch.
There may not be a way to get the train on to the launch mechanism from the opposite direction due to the way the sensors in that area work.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
SaveTheWAVE

Postby gottastrata33 on July 10th, 2019, 1:18 pm
I’ll admit that is not ideal. How did they not think of that? Well actually, clearly they did cause of the brake fins - But about getting it back to launch to re-launch ?? The loading/launching process is pretty poor too. As mentioned.

This ain’t me hatin on the ride. It’s operations have nothing to do with how good/bad the ride is. If you’ve ever been a ride op, you’d understand how frustrating this could be. But as a rider, you can clearly see how it is for you as well - everyone would be happier with more efficient ops. The system isn’t great. Anyone who’s ridden it can see that.

All things aside, I’m really pleased with the ride itself. It’s intense, quick, scenic & overall fun. That roll is my fav inversion I’ve ever experienced anywhere. It’s a solid addition to our park just hope they work out some kinks & finish the damn ride area! ;)

I dream of the 400ft "Great American SkyScreamer". x
gottastrata33

Postby coasterfanatic on July 10th, 2019, 1:48 pm
Yeah. You just hope that it doesn’t rollback often since it seems to have a not so efficient rollback procedure. Granted a coaster like Dragster or Kingda Ka was built knowing the potential for a rollback is higher than something like MaxxForce or Full Throttle.

Not sure if anyone saw but Invertigo at Kings Island valleyed the other day.

coasterfanatic

Postby gottastrata33 on July 10th, 2019, 6:37 pm
coasterfanatic wrote:Yeah. You just hope that it doesn’t rollback often since it seems to have a not so efficient rollback procedure. Granted a coaster like Dragster or Kingda Ka was built knowing the potential for a rollback is higher than something like MaxxForce or Full Throttle.

Not sure if anyone saw but Invertigo at Kings Island valleyed the other day.

Yeah but FT is all magnetics so it easily resets to launch. This doesn’t seem to have a good system for that as stated.

When did we start gettin rumors of a launch coaster coming here?! Cause we’re a little over a month out from 2020 announcements & I havent Heard ANY rumors for any park except SFOT. I feel Like this time last year, many of you were into full detail about an S&S coaster. We won’t talk about my denial... ;)
gottastrata33

Postby Ilovthevu' on July 10th, 2019, 6:44 pm
^I would guess either just kids stuff for Great America, or a Wonder Woman pendulumn ride or Wonder Woman Skyscreamer, and they get rid of Sky Trek Tower. Rides aren't just closed for so much of the time during the day for nothing. A Wonder Woman new movie is being released next year, and we don't have an ONLY Wonder Woman ride. They always close Sky Trek Tower at the end of August, so it's not hard to demolish it within September, October, etc. Wonder Woman rides are popping up everywhere at Six Flags within recent years, and it's about STINKING time! ONLY Wonder Woman rides (I'm excluding Justice League ride) are at Discovery Kingdom, Magic Mountain (Though, it's only a smaller flat ride), Great Adventure, Fiesta Texas, Mexico, and Six Flags America.

^Also, I would say Six Flags Over Georgia is probably getting something bigger like a S&S Free Spin because they just have a shoot the chutes ride sitting there, shut down. The Six Flags St. Louis shoot the chutes ride says "refurbishment", but does that really mean, they are fixing it (like getting the one from Six Flags Over Texas), or does it mean they are getting something completely different? Sort of your question, as to why you don't see lots of information on new coasters I think is because enthusiasts don't care a lot about the old clones of coasters such as the S&S Free fly, so if Six Flags puts 2 more of those in, it's like what's the big deal?

This is as compared to something like Maxx Force which is very different for Six Flags in so many years. What is also different about Maxx Force is that they had to bulldoze a theater that had seats in the hard concrete "rock" of the ground which took longer to get rid of. You have to know by now though, that Great America isn't getting a big coaster next year because a ride like Buccaneer Battle has not closed, and is not being demolished. It has to be anything else but a coaster (unless it's a tiny kids coaster). Waterpark / Large flat / kids flat / parade (lol).

Of course, though it could be the NEW Scenic Railway Disco Train of 2020. Now, with disco balls on board, and flashing blue & green lights all over the train. An experience like no other. A train like no other. The only disco train in America, and only at Six Flags.... Great America. lol lol

This is one of the years I really, really, really miss the train. For 10 years, I would barely ride the train, but the one year they don't run the train; is the year I would ride it A LOT, and it's not because it's gone; I miss it, but this year; it would be so useful to me, and it's the year it shut down. Geesh.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby gottastrata33 on July 11th, 2019, 1:39 am
What is that post?! LOL no no no no no gahhhh

Ok I'm askin for real rumors you’ve heard/read - not what you think or want each park to get.

Also I’m gonna move my main answer to this to the 2020 thread.
gottastrata33

Postby coasterfanatic on July 11th, 2019, 3:17 am
Ilovthevu' wrote:^I would guess either just kids stuff for Great America, or a Wonder Woman pendulumn ride or Wonder Woman Skyscreamer, and they get rid of Sky Trek Tower. Rides aren't just closed for so much of the time during the day for nothing. A Wonder Woman new movie is being released next year, and we don't have an ONLY Wonder Woman ride. They always close Sky Trek Tower at the end of August, so it's not hard to demolish it within September, October, etc. Wonder Woman rides are popping up everywhere at Six Flags within recent years, and it's about STINKING time! ONLY Wonder Woman rides (I'm excluding Justice League ride) are at Discovery Kingdom, Magic Mountain (Though, it's only a smaller flat ride), Great Adventure, Fiesta Texas, Mexico, and Six Flags America.

^Also, I would say Six Flags Over Georgia is probably getting something bigger like a S&S Free Spin because they just have a shoot the chutes ride sitting there, shut down. The Six Flags St. Louis shoot the chutes ride says "refurbishment", but does that really mean, they are fixing it (like getting the one from Six Flags Over Texas), or does it mean they are getting something completely different? Sort of your question, as to why you don't see lots of information on new coasters I think is because enthusiasts don't care a lot about the old clones of coasters such as the S&S Free fly, so if Six Flags puts 2 more of those in, it's like what's the big deal?

This is as compared to something like Maxx Force which is very different for Six Flags in so many years. What is also different about Maxx Force is that they had to bulldoze a theater that had seats in the hard concrete "rock" of the ground which took longer to get rid of. You have to know by now though, that Great America isn't getting a big coaster next year because a ride like Buccaneer Battle has not closed, and is not being demolished. It has to be anything else but a coaster (unless it's a tiny kids coaster). Waterpark / Large flat / kids flat / parade (lol).

Of course, though it could be the NEW Scenic Railway Disco Train of 2020. Now, with disco balls on board, and flashing blue & green lights all over the train. An experience like no other. A train like no other. The only disco train in America, and only at Six Flags.... Great America. lol lol

This is one of the years I really, really, really miss the train. For 10 years, I would barely ride the train, but the one year they don't run the train; is the year I would ride it A LOT, and it's not because it's gone; I miss it, but this year; it would be so useful to me, and it's the year it shut down. Geesh.

No chance the park gets rid of Sky Trek! It closes for Fright Fest but is open all the time. It has decent ridership when I was there for MaxxForce Preview day.

coasterfanatic

Postby Wisco Woody on July 11th, 2019, 12:32 pm
They can't open the coaster on time at 10:30, they can't dispatch and launch a train in under 2 minutes and often 3+, and they can't even get the line into the f***ing que switchbacks and off the midway. This has been a colossal failure of an opening week, and no amount of weather setbacks or other excuses can justify the park's failures in planning, designing, and opening Maxx Force. Plus only Diamond Elite members can use their skip the line for Maxx, Diamond are not allowed to.
Wisco Woody

Postby coasterfanatic on July 11th, 2019, 1:16 pm
Don’t expect dispatches faster than 2 minutes. It’s just not possible with the way ride is designed and the wait period between launches. It’s just like v2. They need to wait 90 seconds.

coasterfanatic

Postby Jodon on July 11th, 2019, 1:33 pm
I don't get why Maxx Force would need to wait 90 seconds between dispatches. V2 needs the 90 seconds to cool down the magnets, but Maxx Force shouldn't have that issue.
Jodon

Postby JaminOut on July 11th, 2019, 2:05 pm
Maxx needs to fill its air tanks for air pressure.
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby CoasterRiderSC on July 11th, 2019, 3:11 pm
^ I thought V2 needs to wait a full 2 minutes between launches? They call out "1:50" and then it launches several seconds after that.

Do we know for sure it takes 90 seconds to refill the air tanks on Maxx? I had posted that question earlier (about time for reset/refill).
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby JaminOut on July 11th, 2019, 3:37 pm
On V2 they say one-fifteen, as in 115 seconds. They need to wait until 120 seconds (two minutes) to launch. One-fifteen is V2’s version of “take five”.
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum