Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Maxx Force NEW FOR 2019

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby CoasterRiderSC on July 5th, 2019, 10:27 am
Waiting in line
I went to 7/3 preview day. Since I'm a passholder, I had to wait till 5 pm. I passed by Maxx entrance at 4 pm and tried to enter line (wait was supposedly 30 minutes at that time per security) and he said I had to wait till at least 445.

So I hit Raging Bull 3x and Giant Drop 2x in 35 minutes, to get myself primed for Maxx! When I headed back to Maxx it was a crazy long line, past Whizzer! The line seemed to move when outside the queue but once we got inside queue it seemed to crawl. I ended up waiting 2 hours, 45 minutes for my ride. The ride "went down" (not broke down) for a bit once, when a youth passed out before getting on the ride (probably heat exhaustion). Also a larger woman needed to be taken out on a wheelchair since she fell or something. (the EMT's were pushing the wheelchair through the main line instead of the flash pass line). I rode first time in row 7.

I got a 2nd ride on 7/4 after waiting from 930 am to 11:10 am. A middle age man and his son actually "merged" into the line right before the queue and had no ticket to ride! When we got up to the station, security told him he needed tickets. People before and after him (us) both had tickets. He played dumb and acted like he didn't know and said "I wouldn't have waited 40 minutes without a ticket if I knew I needed one". Well, my party and I waited 90 minutes! So we knew he was lying. Security asked us if we minded if he went on and we said he could ride. That simple act of forgiveness paid off: I ended up getting FIRST row, which I didn't actually want but would later be super thankful! Ride operator mentioned that in the first row you can see the rollback brakes lower so I had a very good idea when it will launch!

My thoughts

Maxx is amazing and awesome! A great addition to our park.

To answer someone's questions
1) Launch is much faster and forceful than V2 and noticeably stronger. I keep my hands up the entire ride on V2. I would never try hands up during launch on Maxx, even if it was allowed. Maxx's launch made V2 seem VERY slow when I rode it 2x yesterday.

2) Maxx is super smooth, as smooth as the "Cadillac" we already had (X-Flight)
3) I don't think there's an on-ride photo (at least not yet)

Front row was amazing! I got airtime on that dog tongue and was off my seat! I think this will be one of the rides that I really want front row for.

A very underrated/unmentioned part of this ride is the "first drop" after dog tongue! I really liked that and it kind of reminded me of "first drop" on X-Flight which I love! The barrel roll was smooth as silk and even the brakes at the end were smooth and NOT violent like Viper used to be. Going under the track is a bit of a headchopper. The train bridge wasn't a headchopper (at least not to me) because I was so focused on the launch.

Restraints are super comfortable and the seatbelt is very user friendly (unlike Goliath). The handles on lapbar are a great idea and quite useful for the launch. I put my hands up both times right after the bunny hill.
The launch itself was awesome! It didn't take my breath away or wasn't painful to me but it certainly was forceful. Honestly if the launch was too powerful, only a handful of people would physically be able to handle it so it's strong enough. I would submit that Do-Dodonpa is probably too strong for a vast majority of people.

Maxx's launch kind of made me giddy and start laughing, the same way Giant Drop does. In fact I compared Giant Drop to Maxx and how they are inversely related: Giant Drop picks up speed after the drop, whereas Maxx loses speed after the launch.

I really loved the ride! Again, I can't state this enough: the restraints are great , including lapbar, and the seatbelt is really very easy to operate. That's one of my biggest complaints about Goliath: the seatbelts are difficult to operate (and I've ridden it over 75x) and so is the lapbar. This leads to slow loading/unloading on Goliath.

They also have you put the seatbelts on and lower the lapbar right away (unlike Goliath).
I don't anticipate Maxx will have the same loading issues as Goliath once the crews are seasoned and most riders are used to the loading procedure.

I need some more rides on Maxx for sure! Right now I have it at #5 in the park (mostly due to its length):
1) X-Flight
2) Raging Bull
3) Batman
4) Goliath
5) Maxx Force

And everything else gets bumped down on my rankings by 1 (Eagle had been #5). Keep in mind everyone has their own opinion and it's hard to objectively come up with a ranking.

I think Maxx is only going to get more popular, whereas Joker's popularity waned. I remember many on here said it was Top 5 LOL! I knew that was mostly because it was new. Who still has Joker Top 5 ??

Thanks for reading!
Last edited by CoasterRiderSC on July 5th, 2019, 2:07 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby IssaCoaster on July 5th, 2019, 10:40 am
I need to get out and ride this thing. I need to say that our park is likely one of the most well rounded in the chain. If not, the most well rounded. Especially after this coaster. There is only more thing this park needs to do to finish its line up. Makes me feel lucky to be at a park like this (speaking specifically about the rides and not the service).
IssaCoaster

Postby SaveTheWAVE on July 5th, 2019, 11:57 am
Top 5 coasters at SFGAm in my opinion:
1. Maxx Force
2. Goliath
3. B:TR
4. X-Flight
5. V2

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
SaveTheWAVE

Postby AirTimeDaz on July 5th, 2019, 12:47 pm
Unless they clone the crap out of it, or build another one bigger, faster, longer, I think Maxx is going to have quite the cult following judging by all the review/reaction videos i've seen thus far. Even Ace members are gushing about it. Good job, Maxx. You did it boy! 8)
AirTimeDaz

Postby coasterfanatic on July 5th, 2019, 7:50 pm

They updated the ride to say now open but park map on app still shows Pictorium

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterfanatic

Postby SaveTheWAVE on July 5th, 2019, 7:53 pm
Is anyone at the park? Has Maxx Force experienced any more downtime?

SaveTheWAVE

Postby Hawknut1102 on July 5th, 2019, 11:54 pm
Does Maxx have west coast racers beat?
Hawknut1102

Postby ilrider on July 6th, 2019, 8:54 am
^WCR is still under construction, so we don’t know yet.
ilrider

Postby Sven18 on July 6th, 2019, 10:12 am
Hawknut1102 wrote:Does Maxx have west coast racers beat?

WCR was on schedule to be done end of August or early September. Now it may be later with the earthquakes.
Sven18

Postby coasterfanatic on July 6th, 2019, 10:54 am
Not sure what’s going on but all says MaxxForce is closedImage

coasterfanatic

Postby chicagolandcoasters on July 6th, 2019, 4:00 pm
coasterfanatic wrote:Not sure what’s going on but all says MaxxForce is closedImage

It’s open now. Based on the time you uploaded this post I’m guessing it didn’t open right away with the park.
Ryan from Chicagoland Coasters
World's biggest Lightning Rod fanboy
Instagram: @chicagolandcoasters
Twitter: @chicoasters
chicagolandcoasters

Postby Jodon on July 6th, 2019, 8:40 pm
Is there a single rider line? Anyone use it?

Jodon

Postby ilrider on July 6th, 2019, 9:58 pm
^No single rider line at this time. They were calling out for singles near the station when I rode, so a few people got to jump ahead aways.
ilrider

Postby gottastrata33 on July 7th, 2019, 10:15 am
I’m like 10th in line. I’m f****** ready for this finally! Who else is here today?!
gottastrata33

Postby SaveTheWAVE on July 7th, 2019, 10:29 am
Tell us what you think of it when you get off!
I'll be there tomorrow to ride it again!

SaveTheWAVE

Postby gottastrata33 on July 7th, 2019, 12:00 pm
Honestly hated it....

KIDDING! I loved It! That launch was fantastic!! The launch was insane. The dog tongue was a lot better than I expected. That view was great & the slowness was a nice break of intensity. Love the roll. The brakes are crazy quick. I need to ride it again to take it all in.

Side note: As a former ride op- I get having to assign seats but I was The second train & the ride op was super rude when I asked for front row. Whatever, didn’t ruin my ride just annoyed me haha
gottastrata33

Postby SaveTheWAVE on July 7th, 2019, 12:15 pm
Yay! Glad you dug it!!

SaveTheWAVE

Postby redrobinround on July 7th, 2019, 1:13 pm

redrobinround

Postby SFGAM_Hog on July 7th, 2019, 1:27 pm
Welp, just the day I was planning on going. Can anyone confirm this?
SFGAM_Hog

Postby B&MGuy35 on July 7th, 2019, 1:35 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:Welp, just the day I was planning on going. Can anyone confirm this?

I can’t confirm anything but I was already thinking that it would open late tomorrow anyways. They still have lots of work too do to finish and since the ride is open now. Mornings are really the only time they can work to finish up.

B&MGuy35

Postby cliffhanger on July 7th, 2019, 2:50 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:Welp, just the day I was planning on going. Can anyone confirm this?

The Maxx Force page on the website says it will delay opening on Monday. It's been that way for a few days. I'm guessing it's so they have time to work on the queue. Highly doubt it's to "reprogram" the ride. Whatever that means anyway.
cliffhanger

Postby RBull4life on July 7th, 2019, 4:34 pm
As of 4:35, Maxx Force is running one train.
RBull4life

Postby Sven18 on July 7th, 2019, 4:36 pm
cliffhanger wrote:

The Maxx Force page on the website says it will delay opening on Monday. It's been that way for a few days. I'm guessing it's so they have time to work on the queue. Highly doubt it's to "reprogram" the ride. Whatever that means anyway.

SF is a clown show. Open a ride when it's ready & any competent chain that wouldn't be July for a short little coaster.
Last edited by Sven18 on July 7th, 2019, 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sven18

Postby gottastrata33 on July 7th, 2019, 6:00 pm
The second time I rode, it went down twice while I was In line then once when I got off. A loud release of air kept happening after the train would park in the brakes which I was told was the ride de-pressurizing (?) but each time that happened they made a operation delay announcement. It only lasted 5min or so the first & second time but the third time it stoped running for a while. Couldn’t hear it or see it run for about 20min
Last edited by gottastrata33 on July 8th, 2019, 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
gottastrata33

Postby chicagolandcoasters on July 7th, 2019, 9:14 pm
They’re reprogramming maxx force tomorrow morning so that it will stop on the brakes closer to the station

Ryan from Chicagoland Coasters
World's biggest Lightning Rod fanboy
Instagram: @chicagolandcoasters
Twitter: @chicoasters
chicagolandcoasters

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum