Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Maxx Force NEW FOR 2019

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby coasterfanatic on July 3rd, 2019, 4:56 pm
Rest of park was empty earlier. I walked on XFlight Whizzer and Eagle. Goliath has a short line. They weren’t in back lot when I left. I’m guessing water park was crowded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterfanatic

Postby redrobinround on July 3rd, 2019, 5:19 pm
what will the lines be for july 4

redrobinround

Postby B&MGuy35 on July 3rd, 2019, 5:30 pm
No one has said anything but I think after a full day of running it looks like we got a somewhat reliable ride installed. I don’t think it has been down once at all today. And for the 2 hours I was in line it never broke. While the dispatches are slow they usually always are with new rides until the crew gets into a groove and can start moving them out quicker. The loose articles are the problem. If they didn’t allow anything in and it was just loading then it would be so much faster then waiting for people to put stuff in the bins. Wastes a good 2 mins on each dispatch.

B&MGuy35

Postby JT2002 on July 3rd, 2019, 5:51 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:No one has said anything but I think after a full day of running it looks like we got a somewhat reliable ride installed. I don’t think it has been down once at all today. And for the 2 hours I was in line it never broke. While the dispatches are slow they usually always are with new rides until the crew gets into a groove and can start moving them out quicker. The loose articles are the problem. If they didn’t allow anything in and it was just loading then it would be so much faster then waiting for people to put stuff in the bins. Wastes a good 2 mins on each dispatch.

This is why I'm so optimistic, I feel this ride will last a loooooong time in this park (unlike something like Deja Vu). Dispatches get better, and also for Raging Bull because they added a third train. Loading procedures evolve to become quicker. I also think that while the queue and station will be very basic right now, but the maintenance/paint crews will add a lot of color and ride ops will add a lot of character to the ride as it grows into the park.
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby JT2002 on July 3rd, 2019, 5:52 pm
redrobinround wrote:what will the lines be for july 4

Today wasn't very busy, even though it was expected to be. Tomorrow is expected to be even more busy, but it might not.
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby redrobinround on July 3rd, 2019, 6:03 pm
JT2002 wrote:
redrobinround wrote:what will the lines be for july 4

Today wasn't very busy, even though it was expected to be. Tomorrow is expected to be even more busy, but it might not.
i feel like the running of the bulls(gp) will go to Hurricane harbor

redrobinround

Postby Ilovthevu' on July 3rd, 2019, 6:20 pm
According to facebook people, it is currently 1 hour 5 minutes PLUS how long the small queue is (for season pass holders). So, is that a 2 hour line NOW?

Can I just say someone on facebook said, they saw it take 4 minutes to load? Are you kidding me? This is only a 16 person per train ride! I've seen Batman (a 32 person ride) take 1 minute to load.

And typical Six Flags treats it's season pass holders like TRASH. The line opened at 5pm, and just 2 hours after, they SHUT the line for you. This event is all wrong. What they should have done is just have the elite status membership (2 groups of DIAMOND people) be in the morning till 1pm. They could even open it up at 10 am for the elite people. Than, you have the shirt people from 1pm - 2 pm. Than, after 2 pm, you have the other 2 membership groups, and the season pass people together. Than, the elite people would be like we got to ride it first, and we are all better than you. That's make them happy. Than, you offer the shirt people because they get it before the season pass and the other 2 membership groups. They paid for their shirt. Instead, they aren't giving enough time to the CORE of Six Flags parks. The line is only open for 2 hours for them, and than they tell them get out of here!
Last edited by Ilovthevu' on July 3rd, 2019, 7:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby Tardis1972 on July 3rd, 2019, 7:33 pm
Just a heads up but the line for Maxx Force is closed off already.
Tardis1972

Postby SFGAM_Hog on July 3rd, 2019, 8:01 pm
^^ This is the first day of public access to the ride. The dispatches are naturally going to be longer. It's everyone's first time going through the loading process. Hold off a while until judging how good or had the dispatches are.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby coasterfanatic on July 3rd, 2019, 8:06 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote:According to facebook people, it is currently 1 hour 5 minutes PLUS how long the small queue is (for season pass holders). So, is that a 2 hour line NOW?

Can I just say someone on facebook said, they saw it take 4 minutes to load? Are you kidding me? This is only a 16 person per train ride! I've seen Batman (a 32 person ride) take 1 minute to load.

And typical Six Flags treats it's season pass holders like TRASH. The line opened at 5pm, and just 2 hours after, they SHUT the line for you. This event is all wrong. What they should have done is just have the elite status membership (2 groups of DIAMOND people) be in the morning till 1pm. They could even open it up at 10 am for the elite people. Than, you have the shirt people from 1pm - 2 pm. Than, after 2 pm, you have the other 2 membership groups, and the season pass people together. Than, the elite people would be like we got to ride it first, and we are all better than you. That's make them happy. Than, you offer the shirt people because they get it before the season pass and the other 2 membership groups. They paid for their shirt. Instead, they aren't giving enough time to the CORE of Six Flags parks. The line is only open for 2 hours for them, and than they tell them get out of here!

I disagree. All levels of the memberships pay more money than season pass holders. All members should get first access before season passes. Season passes are dirt cheap. Memberships are the elite status pass so they should get first dibs.

coasterfanatic

Postby ilrider on July 3rd, 2019, 8:11 pm
^That’s fine, but please explain the one day ticket holders getting to get in line before pass holders. That makes no sense to me. Guess we pass holders are now lowest man on the totem pole to SF.

Also, regarding passes being dirt cheap, we spend over $400 a season to buy six passes, so it isn’t exactly dirt cheap for everyone. I don’t want another monthly payment in my budget, and we do not need the perks of the memberships. That is why we stick with passes.
Last edited by ilrider on July 3rd, 2019, 8:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ilrider

Postby Ilovthevu' on July 3rd, 2019, 8:16 pm
^I expect the people to buy those shirts before riding the ride would have some sort of pass. That's why I said that. Really, who would buy a shirt for a new ride without even riding the new ride? An enthusiast, and that's about it.

^^If you have a gold member membership, and even a platinum, you are not much better than a season pass holder in regards to cost. I remember they were even offering FREE platinum upgrade if you paid for gold. As of now, I calculated about a $8 difference.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby Tardis1972 on July 3rd, 2019, 10:24 pm
Well I was lucky enough to get in line before they closed it so at least I got one ride on Maxx Force. Overall I thought it great and my third favorite coaster here.
Yeah I have agree that this ERT event wasn’t run well though.
Tardis1972

Postby chicagolandcoasters on July 3rd, 2019, 11:53 pm
Maxxforce is definitely the best in the park. Back row provides the most intense ride experience. Footers for the shade covering are inImage large queue has the railings slanted and ready to be installed Image Station doesn’t look good but its not as bad as people have made it out to be.

Ryan from Chicagoland Coasters
World's biggest Lightning Rod fanboy
Instagram: @chicagolandcoasters
Twitter: @chicoasters
chicagolandcoasters

Postby coasterfanatic on July 4th, 2019, 3:57 am
chicagolandcoasters wrote:Maxxforce is definitely the best in the park. Back row provides the most intense ride experience. Footers for the shade covering are inImage large queue has the railings slanted and ready to be installed Image Station doesn’t look good but its not as bad as people have made it out to be.

It’s definitely not the best ride in the park. XFlight and Goliath top it for sure.

coasterfanatic

Postby SaveTheWAVE on July 4th, 2019, 6:47 am
I loved Maxx Force.
Its trains are super slick, the launch is amazing, the inversions are excellent, each playing their role within the circuit.
I mean, who gets ejector airtime in an inversion? We do!
My favorite pair of inversions are the 270 degree uphill roll into the sideways stall, and the inversion leading to the dive-in brakes.
What a ride.
My favorite launch coaster!
I've been on TTD, Mr. Freeze, V2, Wicked Twister, Maverick, and Tidal Wave.
Am I being effusive? Yes.
Does Maxx Force deserve it? Yes.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
SaveTheWAVE

Postby RBullFan97 on July 4th, 2019, 6:54 am
The ride is insane. It packs such a great punch you forget how short it is. The highlights for me were the launch and the zero-g roll easily.
SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
SFGAm Ride Count 2020: Well, ya know...
RBullFan97

Postby coasterfanatic on July 4th, 2019, 11:26 am
I still disagree. It doesn’t top Maverick TTD or Full Throttle for me. Zero g roll is best element. It’s a great ride but definitely overhyped. And I’ve talked to a few other people who have agree with me so I’m not fully crazy.

coasterfanatic

Postby ilrider on July 4th, 2019, 11:35 am
My son and I got on it this morning. That launch is insane! This is a good addition to our park, even if it’s short. I love hearing that launch all over, and it looks great on our skyline.
ilrider

Postby B&MGuy35 on July 4th, 2019, 12:57 pm
coasterfanatic wrote:I still disagree. It doesn’t top Maverick TTD or Full Throttle for me. Zero g roll is best element. It’s a great ride but definitely overhyped. And I’ve talked to a few other people who have agree with me so I’m not fully crazy.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion
I however believe it’s the best launch I’ve been on and I’ve also been on the rides you’ve mentioned. The launch takes your breath away and I never get that on those other rides. Keep in mind everyone experiences things differently so not everyone is gonna think this is great.

With that being said I still think this ride is gonna boost park attendance and profits for Great America so nothing but good things will come out of the addition here on out. People are gonna wanna try this ride and the GP is gonna flock to it! I think we may have another Batman type of line that we’ll be seeing when it comes to wait time and length.

Guess we’ll have to wait and see how the weekend goes.

B&MGuy35

Postby coasterfanatic on July 4th, 2019, 1:03 pm
I agree it’s great for the general public. And a great addition. I liked the ride. But for me, it was missing something. I didn’t get the same adrenaline rush like I do with other launch coasters. And maybe both rides I got weren’t at full launch because to me it didn’t feel any different than V2 or any other launch coaster.

Maybe my expectations were too high for the ride...

coasterfanatic

Postby Chirojon on July 4th, 2019, 1:28 pm
My review:

Went yesterday with my 9 year old son. Wait time was around 2 hrs, 30 min.

Got put in the front row. Getting close to the coaster in line and seeing that launch for the first time (and this coming from someone who has not been on any type of launch outside of V2) left me feeling that the online videos didn't do the speed justice.

Waiting in the front for it to launch was nerve-racking - my son kept saying he was nervous (I was very nervous). The anticipation was great not knowing when it would launch. The feeling of the immediate speed was incredible and very difficult to describe, for me. Once you are ascending up the dog tongue left us with an incredible adrenaline rush. I actually loved the top of the tongue where you go a bit slower (than we all originally thought would happen). I thought the feeling of hanging upside down was fantastic, even in that short time. It was disorienting in a great way. Down through the rest - the roll was smooth and fast of course.

The final brake run inversion was a good ending - by that time I was shaky and filled with a great rush.

I put it in the top 3, maybe the best ride in the park; but will need more rides in the upcoming months to determine. Wow, incredible ride. The launch is worth everything in my opinion.
Chirojon

Postby SFGAm Viper on July 4th, 2019, 1:55 pm
coasterfanatic wrote:I agree it’s great for the general public. And a great addition. I liked the ride. But for me, it was missing something. I didn’t get the same adrenaline rush like I do with other launch coasters. And maybe both rides I got weren’t at full launch because to me it didn’t feel any different than V2 or any other launch coaster.

Maybe my expectations were too high for the ride...

How many times are you going to post that it didn’t meet YOUR expectations? Seems like every time someone posts that they really liked it you need to repeat how you didn’t like it as much as them.
SFGAm Viper

Postby SaveTheWAVE on July 4th, 2019, 2:16 pm
Here is a 4th of July party game at SFGAm:
Name That BOOM!! Is it Fireworks or Maxx Force?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
SaveTheWAVE

Postby ilrider on July 4th, 2019, 2:18 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:
coasterfanatic wrote:I still disagree. It doesn’t top Maverick TTD or Full Throttle for me. Zero g roll is best element. It’s a great ride but definitely overhyped. And I’ve talked to a few other people who have agree with me so I’m not fully crazy.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion
I however believe it’s the best launch I’ve been on and I’ve also been on the rides you’ve mentioned. The launch takes your breath away and I never get that on those other rides. Keep in mind everyone experiences things differently so not everyone is gonna think this is great.

With that being said I still think this ride is gonna boost park attendance and profits for Great America so nothing but good things will come out of the addition here on out. People are gonna wanna try this ride and the GP is gonna flock to it! I think we may have another Batman type of line that we’ll be seeing when it comes to wait time and length.

Guess we’ll have to wait and see how the weekend goes.

I actually think the lines are going to be manageable. I heard a manager say the worst it got yesterday during the preview was 2 hours, and today when we left at 1:30 it was only 75 minutes. Three things it has going for it are it has been reliable, with no down time; they are dispatching trains pretty darn quickly for a new ride; and I think this ride is honestly scaring some members of the general public away. For example, there were not a lot of young kids in line. My son is 10, but he has been riding everything for years and has no fear.
ilrider

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum