Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Maxx Force NEW FOR 2019

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Falcon on June 25th, 2019, 11:14 am
If you're mad about the casting agency not wanting people with tattoos or mad that other people are mad that the casting agency doesn't want people with tattoos, please fill out one of these: https://imgur.com/gallery/iqB6y8V and form a line behind the people complain about this ride being too short
Falcon

Postby coasterlove on June 25th, 2019, 11:59 am
I don't think it's about discrimination at all. They just want a 'plain' look for the commercial. Notice how they also want plain but bright shirts. If people have tattoos, then they have to concern themselves with what the tats are. Sure, someone might innocently have the names or birthdays of their kids or something along those lines. What about those with political messages or something that might be offensive to one person or another. They just want as 'clean' a look as possible for the sake of the ads. I don't personally care either way about tats but understand why they want a simple look where nobody stands out and why no tats, no unique hair colors and even just plain colored shirts. They want the ride to stand out, not any one individual.

I don't know how truly large the backlash is but I know on Facebook, a lot of people complained about it. I don't know if anyone truly will no longer go to the park as some form of protest but considering no business wants to risk that, I wouldn't be surprised if they hired actual extras next time or some of the top employees just hand picked people among their friends and family. I don't think cost is really a big issue. I know someone mentioned about the cost of extras but even if it cost them $10,000 or so, it's not really a big cost in the grand scheme of things. Filming the commercial, operating the ride with the associated costs, refreshments and such will cost more than that. I think the park just viewed it doing it this way as part of building up hype and anticipation for the ride.
coasterlove

Postby Ilovthevu' on June 25th, 2019, 1:17 pm
To lighten the mood, I found it funny on the facebook public group in the comment section about Maxx Force.
Quotes from that post:

"It’s open already"
"no! July 4th"
"yep for blue people"
"those are the seats bud... it doesn't open to public until July 4th"

Than, someone shows a picture of the Blue Man Group.

lol lol

It's not fair!! The avatar people get to ride it to.
https://geeksoncoffee.com/wp-content/up ... ATAR-2.jpg
lol lol
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on June 25th, 2019, 1:57 pm
^LMAO, I find those replies to be highly entertaining.

Just me after a long day of soccer camp, making some popcorn and just browsing the Facebook comment section. Perfect way to end the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby gottastrata33 on June 25th, 2019, 2:41 pm
Falcon wrote:If you're mad about the casting agency not wanting people with tattoos or mad that other people are mad that the casting agency doesn't want people with tattoos, please fill out one of these: https://imgur.com/gallery/iqB6y8V and form a line behind the people complain about this ride being too short

CoasterRiderSC, no I really do understand. Again, just like blah over it. I get spoiled living in the city where everyone can be whoever they want, wear what they want etc. I’ll admit that. So while it’s the norm to me, it’s not for so many others. While yes, I have done a couple of these, you have great points - just wish I could Participate again.

Falcon. Stfu. I never once complained about the ride being short & I simply expressed being upset about the change. We sit here & read people complain about everything on here from horrible airtime to hating demon “cause it’s days are up” but I can’t express my views on tattoos?
gottastrata33

Postby B&MGuy35 on June 25th, 2019, 4:31 pm
Update for today
Really heavy storm had just moved through resulting in a mad exodus as I was coming in.

ImageImageImageImage

B&MGuy35

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 25th, 2019, 4:44 pm
It looks like there is some sort of spotlight under the barrel roll. Unless that's a light for the launch that'll light up red and green.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby B&MGuy35 on June 25th, 2019, 4:50 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:It looks like there is some sort of spotlight under the barrel roll. Unless that's a light for the launch that'll light up red and green.

I think it work lights
Maybe they’ve been working through the night?

B&MGuy35

Postby B&MGuy35 on June 25th, 2019, 5:18 pm
Sorry for the double post, but guys......
These trains are slick. They are testing back to back now so just sitting here watching it. So amazing looking now that they have the front piece on which is chrome and damn it looks sharp!!

I’m in love

LOL

B&MGuy35

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 25th, 2019, 5:22 pm
Good to hear they're testing more and more. Yes, the trains are awesome! I hope the shin guards aren't too tight.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby SaveTheWAVE on June 25th, 2019, 6:11 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:Sorry for the double post, but guys......
These trains are slick. They are testing back to back now so just sitting here watching it. So amazing looking now that they have the front piece on which is chrome and damn it looks sharp!!

I’m in love

LOL

How are the test runs looking from your perspective?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
SaveTheWAVE

Postby B&MGuy35 on June 25th, 2019, 6:14 pm
SaveTheWAVE wrote:
B&MGuy35 wrote:Sorry for the double post, but guys......

I’m in love

LOL

How are the test runs looking from your perspective?

Looking good
I noticed depending on where you looking at it from it seems faster somehow. Angle perspective I guess. Trains are launching like maybe 5 mins apart now.

B&MGuy35

Postby SaveTheWAVE on June 25th, 2019, 6:17 pm
^ I'm really glad to hear that! Are the trains fully loaded or empty?

SaveTheWAVE

Postby B&MGuy35 on June 25th, 2019, 6:18 pm
SaveTheWAVE wrote:^ I'm really glad to hear that! Are the trains fully loaded or empty?

Water dummies have been removed
Trains are just empty now.

Edit: Trains are launching almost every min now.

B&MGuy35

Postby SaveTheWAVE on June 25th, 2019, 7:19 pm
And I'm missing it. Ugh...Is anyone thinking of going to the park on Sunday to see the reactions of the commercial shoot?

SaveTheWAVE

Postby JaminOut on June 26th, 2019, 9:52 am
This was just posted in the Six Flags app:

I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby SaveTheWAVE on June 26th, 2019, 9:53 am
I'm in! Who is all going??

SaveTheWAVE

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 26th, 2019, 9:54 am
I don't know..I just worry about how long the lines are going to be.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby SaveTheWAVE on June 26th, 2019, 9:55 am
Does anyone know what time the members ERT is?

Last edited by SaveTheWAVE on June 26th, 2019, 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
SaveTheWAVE

Postby jmanporty7 on June 26th, 2019, 10:02 am
Some more testing footage privided by Amusement Insiders. Also mentions that membership preview is July 3rd, with the grand opening being July 4th!

Let's hope this link works :lol:
https://youtu.be/RuphXzFLoIg
jmanporty7

Postby hgonzo on June 26th, 2019, 10:03 am
I'm going to be there the 3rd and 4th so hopefully the Membership event falls in there. Since it says season pass holders can "join in" at 5pm, I wonder if it's all day for members?
hgonzo

Postby SaveTheWAVE on June 26th, 2019, 10:32 am
I'm thinking the same thing, hgonzo.

SaveTheWAVE

Postby CoasterRiderSC on June 26th, 2019, 11:31 am
I'm going 7/4. MIght try to ride it during the ERT that's happening in morning.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on June 26th, 2019, 12:12 pm
^ Maxx Force is not on the list for ERT.

How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby B&MGuy35 on June 26th, 2019, 12:13 pm
JaminOut wrote:This was just posted in the Six Flags app:

Where did you find this?
It’s not showing in my app anywhere.

B&MGuy35

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum