Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Maxx Force NEW FOR 2019

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby CoasterRiderSC on June 24th, 2019, 8:00 am
Ilovthevu' wrote:
@CoasterRider - With the direction, Six Flags has been going (even with this year), to me they completely careless about families. They have a skull on a Maxx Force shirt, even. The brochure for this year is also not family friendly. To me (even though I still go), the image they convey is; we are a WILD park, and organization. Even the Grand Music Hall show conveys to me, we are a WILD park, and organization.

Skull on Maxx Force shirt. Maxx Force in type of graffiti on shirt.
https://www.facebook.com/JiggidyNDG/pho ... =3&theater

The basketball hoops by the bumper cars, they also made it like they have graffiti on it.

For my last visit, I'm sitting next to people that say the n word (maybe twice), and than the F word. As soon as I'm near the front of the park on the way out, another person is saying the F word. Gone are the days when if you said something bad, they would kick you out. They don't care anymore. Whatever!

Six Flags is going for edgy right now whereas I think Cedar Fair is not.

So, when you hear fights in the parking lot for this year (and last year), I'm NOT shocked.

Thanks for sharing your observations. I see/hear it all the time too. We were in line for Superman and a bunch of teens kept swearing and acting like it was cool to do so. My 9 yo whispered in my ear that "those kids are stupid", and she was very uncomfortable around them. I really wanted to say something to those kids but then I risk getting into a fight with some teens.

I do NOT expect everyone to be singing "Amazing Grace" or "Jesus Loves Me" while in line or have shirts with John 3:16 on them but some common respect and decency would be great! There is no respect anymore or concern for others nowadays.

We've seen it at the Burger King across the street too after the park closes. We went there Friday at 10:25 pm and the dining room was closed because a fight broke out a little bit before we arrived!
So, the teens that were involved ruined it for everyone after them; I personally don't like eating in the car but that's what we had to do.

P.S. Yes, I know this is the Maxx Force thread :) I'm just responding to what he posted.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby jmanporty7 on June 24th, 2019, 10:13 am
Anyways.... back to Maxx Force :lol: :lol: :lol:

So as we all know should know by now, the planned media day is July 2nd, with the public opening being sometime during 4th of July weekend. When do you all think the official public opening date will be? And does anyone think there will be a membership (and maybe passholder) preview beforehand?
jmanporty7

Postby cliffhanger on June 24th, 2019, 10:20 am
gottastrata33 wrote:...There’s so many people who can’t apply. I applied then fully read the deets to much surprise. I didn’t think they would make the rules to apply much different let alone THAT.

Well, we don't know all the details about past shoots. I know for Goliath, they got over 2000 responses for extras. That is a LOT of headshots to go through for a group of 50 or so people. Honestly, filtering out tattoos and hair is a good way to narrow down the entrants. There might have been issues before with people standing out too much in the videos/photos. Might have been an issue on filming day when they have to send a handful of people home. Im sure it has absolutely nothing to do with discrimination. Someone on FB said they were so offended, that they weren't going to renew their passes. A little drastic there. It's "hollywood" people are turned down with casting all the time. And it (hopefully) never has to do with discrimination.
cliffhanger

Postby cliffhanger on June 24th, 2019, 10:29 am
jmanporty7 wrote:Anyways.... back to Maxx Force :lol: :lol: :lol:

... When do you all think the official public opening date will be? And does anyone think there will be a membership (and maybe passholder) preview beforehand?

Sorry, just had to get my opinion in there.
I doubt MF will be open to the public on media day. Im pretty sure it's only for news stations, bloggers, etc. They will likely have cameras mounted to the trains for reactions like they did for Goliath. They aren't going to spend the time removing all the production equipment to let the GP go on a few hours later. Im guessing July 3 will be the opening day for everyone else. Besides, Fourth Fest starts on the third, so its a great promotion for them.
cliffhanger

Postby robin on June 24th, 2019, 11:08 am
Six Flags stated on Facebook that Maxx Force is opening on July 4th. They literally made a video about it.

After seeing comments about Maxx Force commercial shooting on here and on Facebook, all I can say is wow people, chill. "You need to calm down"- thanks Taylor Swift lol. First of all this is business. Six Flags loves everyone no matter who and what, but in commercials they have to reach as wide of an audience as possible, and if you looked into this from another prospective and not just "I want to be in a commercial that's it!", you would understand.

Casting company that Six Flags hired is in charge of recruiting not Six Flags. And Yes some of you have tattoos and have been in previous commercial shootings, but did you ever make it on TV? And I am not talking about media day, I am talking about Six Flags commercial. Plus I have seen people turned away at the gates of commercial shooting for not being the best fit for the commercial, it is what it is and deal with it. I bet if you have a small tattoo on your wrist, you can cover with a color band and it won't be an issue.

After all I think it's very sweet of Six Flags giving guests a chance to maybe be on a TV. Take it as something extra, not as something that you need to be in, or entitled to be in. Soon people will start calling Six Flags with "Excuse me, I looked 100 times at the Maxx Force commercial and I don't see myself, I am filling a lawsuit". LOL

I can assure you in future Six Flags will no longer recruit any extras from Facebook or other social platform. Thanks.
robin

Postby Ilovthevu' on June 24th, 2019, 11:21 am
^I doubt that. I think Six Flags will continue to use people on facebook / twitter as extras. They are doing these commercials cheap. Yes, they are giving away 2 free tickets which doesn't cost them anything, and drinks + snacks. They don't even offer these people actual meals. They are basically using enthusiasts instead of actually paying them money. If an extra was paid $8 per hour, that would be $64 a day, they get. Six Flags is saving $3200 (50 people x $64) by having enthusiasts be extras. And to me, you people aren't just extras, but you have to actually ride something for a long time which would cost Six Flags (I feel) even more money because now it's a specialty type of extra, if they had to go searching for people that could do this.

The only other way I feel that Six Flags would avoid the generic people on facebook is that they would go to ACE people because ACE people aren't publicly allowed to say anything bad about an amusement park because they want tours & erts. So, Six Flags could use them instead. They still wouldn't pay them though.
Last edited by Ilovthevu' on June 24th, 2019, 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby CoasterRiderSC on June 24th, 2019, 11:30 am
^ Well stated, robin!!! This is NOT an entitlement.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby cliffhanger on June 24th, 2019, 11:32 am
robin wrote:Six Flags stated on Facebook that Maxx Force is opening on July 4th. They literally made a video about it.

"July Fourth weekend" actually...
:P
Haha, just messin' with ya.
cliffhanger

Postby Falcon on June 24th, 2019, 11:34 am
cliffhanger wrote:
gottastrata33 wrote:...There’s so many people who can’t apply. I applied then fully read the deets to much surprise. I didn’t think they would make the rules to apply much different let alone THAT.

Well, we don't know all the details about past shoots. I know for Goliath, they got over 2000 responses for extras. That is a LOT of headshots to go through for a group of 50 or so people. Honestly, filtering out tattoos and hair is a good way to narrow down the entrants. There might have been issues before with people standing out too much in the videos/photos. Might have been an issue on filming day when they have to send a handful of people home. Im sure it has absolutely nothing to do with discrimination. Someone on FB said they were so offended, that they weren't going to renew their passes. A little drastic there. It's "hollywood" people are turned down with casting all the time. And it (hopefully) never has to do with discrimination.

How do you know how many responses they got?
Falcon

Postby cliffhanger on June 24th, 2019, 11:50 am
Falcon wrote:How do you know how many responses they got?

They tweeted it:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 11.49.50 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 11.49.50 AM.png (27.04 KiB) Viewed 11815 times
cliffhanger

Postby ChicagoCoasters on June 24th, 2019, 12:14 pm
Does anyone have any pictures of the construction site from today? Does anybody know what happened to the photo booth or how far it is in it’s construction phase? Six flags did say they would have on ride photos at no coaster con.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby gottastrata33 on June 24th, 2019, 4:06 pm
Please don’t explain entitlement to me. I’m well aware of the circumstances here. I can however express me being upset that my tattoos & piercings are preventing me from enjoying this opportunity with others who were just as excited about this. If my tattoos were offensive, i would totally understand. I do though have an issue with this “clean cut family appeal” you’re talking about. We’re in an age where tattoos & piercings are a norm. Sure there’s a ways to go but many companies have updated their “dress codes” for people. I personally think it’s a shame that even the people I’ve done the shoots with previously can’t get in to this one now.

All I wanted was to ride the ride honestly - I’ve waited just as long as everyone else has here, I’m not special. never once did I say I deserve it. Hell they use the same shot of Goliath for everything & you can only see half my face. I'm grateful for that stupid photo cause it’s fun to look back on. I had a great day on XFs, & even Jokers when half the extras bailed & we had to ride 10 or more times in a row for one shot. Did they use it? No. But it was a damn good day. Was just excited for another. Most of the time we’re all big blurs of color speeding by. Any up close shots they literally used the paid actors while the rest of us are literally there to make the train look full or have to sit out. So I’m pretty calm just upset & THAT I am allowed to be.

Lastly -I’m not upset cause I’m “disqualified” from this experience. my tattoos are easily hide-able. Piercings can be taken out. I’m looking at those who can’t do that, plenty of which I know Would love this opportunity.
gottastrata33

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 24th, 2019, 4:20 pm
What about "natural hair color"?? Not sure why you can't have dyed hair if you want to participate in the shoot.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby redrobinround on June 24th, 2019, 4:23 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:Please don’t explain entitlement to me. I’m well aware of the circumstances here. I can however express me being upset that my tattoos & piercings are preventing me from enjoying this opportunity with others who were just as excited about this. If my tattoos were offensive, i would totally understand. I do though have an issue with this “clean cut family appeal” you’re talking about. We’re in an age where tattoos & piercings are a norm. Sure there’s a ways to go but many companies have updated their “dress codes” for people. I personally think it’s a shame that even the people I’ve done the shoots with previously can’t get in to this one now.

All I wanted was to ride the ride honestly - I’ve waited just as long as everyone else has here, I’m not special. never once did I say I deserve it. Hell they use the same shot of Goliath for everything & you can only see half my face. I'm grateful for that stupid photo cause it’s fun to look back on. I had a great day on XFs, & even Jokers when half the extras bailed & we had to ride 10 or more times in a row for one shot. Did they use it? No. But it was a damn good day. Was just excited for another. Most of the time we’re all big blurs of color speeding by. Any up close shots they literally used the paid actors while the rest of us are literally there to make the train look full or have to sit out. So I’m pretty calm just upset & THAT I am allowed to be.

Lastly -I’m not upset cause I’m “disqualified” from this experience. my tattoos are easily hide-able. Piercings can be taken out. I’m looking at those who can’t do that, plenty of which I know Would love this opportunity.
what photo were u in

redrobinround

Postby gottastrata33 on June 24th, 2019, 4:29 pm
It was just in a magazine I got. Everyone has seen this photo. Again, half my face is covered. But there I am, fourth row. I wore bracelets on each wrist & the brightest shirt I could find so I could point myself out in the blurs haha also think that’s ilovethevu in front of me.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkImage that one too but it’s only ever posted on insta/fb
Last edited by gottastrata33 on June 24th, 2019, 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I dream of the 400ft "Great American SkyScreamer". x
gottastrata33

Postby cliffhanger on June 24th, 2019, 4:33 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:...So I’m pretty calm just upset & THAT I am allowed to be.

I agree totally. I'm pretty sure that comment was directed at some of the other comments on the Facebook post. Maybe the new marketing director made a mistake and copy-pasted some kind of general photo shoot guidelines?
Last edited by cliffhanger on June 24th, 2019, 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cliffhanger

Postby cliffhanger on June 24th, 2019, 4:49 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:It was just in a magazine I got. Everyone has seen this photo.

Thats cool! I was lucky enough to get in the photo used on the 2016 map and posters.
Goliath.jpg

*In the actual prints, I was a green blob, haha*
cliffhanger

Postby B&MGuy35 on June 24th, 2019, 4:55 pm
cliffhanger wrote:
gottastrata33 wrote:It was just in a magazine I got. Everyone has seen this photo.

Thats cool! I was lucky enough to get in the photo used on the 2016 map and posters.
Goliath.jpg

*In the actual prints, I was a green blob, haha*

LOL
I never noticed before but I’m in that pic
2nd to last row in the bright pink!

B&MGuy35

Postby SaveTheWAVE on June 24th, 2019, 8:12 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrxqaHZPT1Y Maxx Force POV Real vs Animation courtesy of Flip Tube.
SaveTheWAVE

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 24th, 2019, 8:35 pm
I'm excited to hear what the commercial shoot participants will have to say about Maxx. That pov really makes the ride look slow after the double inversion, but looking at recent testing footage the ride looks much faster.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby RobSFGAm on June 24th, 2019, 9:25 pm
Here is a shot of the front of the train with the mirrored front spoiler (while running).

Rob
Last edited by RobSFGAm on June 24th, 2019, 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RobSFGAm

Postby SaveTheWAVE on June 24th, 2019, 9:27 pm
RobSFGAm wrote:Here is a hot of the front of the train with the mirrored front spoiler (while running).

Rob
That's slick.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
SaveTheWAVE

Postby CoasterNick3157 on June 24th, 2019, 9:40 pm
show us the post i dont see it

robin wrote:Six Flags stated on Facebook that Maxx Force is opening on July 4th. They literally made a video about it.

After seeing comments about Maxx Force commercial shooting on here and on Facebook, all I can say is wow people, chill. "You need to calm down"- thanks Taylor Swift lol. First of all this is business. Six Flags loves everyone no matter who and what, but in commercials they have to reach as wide of an audience as possible, and if you looked into this from another prospective and not just "I want to be in a commercial that's it!", you would understand.

Casting company that Six Flags hired is in charge of recruiting not Six Flags. And Yes some of you have tattoos and have been in previous commercial shootings, but did you ever make it on TV? And I am not talking about media day, I am talking about Six Flags commercial. Plus I have seen people turned away at the gates of commercial shooting for not being the best fit for the commercial, it is what it is and deal with it. I bet if you have a small tattoo on your wrist, you can cover with a color band and it won't be an issue.

After all I think it's very sweet of Six Flags giving guests a chance to maybe be on a TV. Take it as something extra, not as something that you need to be in, or entitled to be in. Soon people will start calling Six Flags with "Excuse me, I looked 100 times at the Maxx Force commercial and I don't see myself, I am filling a lawsuit". LOL

I can assure you in future Six Flags will no longer recruit any extras from Facebook or other social platform. Thanks.
CoasterNick3157

Postby gottastrata33 on June 25th, 2019, 1:07 am
Didn’t expect that! Looks awesome!
gottastrata33

Postby CoasterRiderSC on June 25th, 2019, 9:41 am
gottastrata33 wrote:Please don’t explain entitlement to me. I’m well aware of the circumstances here. I can however express me being upset that my tattoos & piercings are preventing me from enjoying this opportunity with others who were just as excited about this. If my tattoos were offensive, i would totally understand. I do though have an issue with this “clean cut family appeal” you’re talking about. We’re in an age where tattoos & piercings are a norm. Sure there’s a ways to go but many companies have updated their “dress codes” for people. I personally think it’s a shame that even the people I’ve done the shoots with previously can’t get in to this one now.

I have to respectfully disagree with you and point out a few things:

1) Tattoos and piercings , while becoming more common, are not the norm. The vast majority of people don't have piercings or tattoos. Remember, I have tattoos myself so I'm including myself in this group.

2) You got to do THREE of these already?? That's 3 more than probably the vast majority of enthusiasts on here.

3) As for "clean cut family appeal" you state that like it's a bad thing. As mentioned above by robin and cliff, Six Flags has the right to choose whom they want for their commercial shooting. What should I say if they don't choose me, a 48 yo white, married male?? They are discriminating against me?

I'm not trying to stir up a hornet's nest but just expressing a differing viewpoint than yours. Hopefully I'm not told to "take a chair" !!
Last edited by CoasterRiderSC on June 25th, 2019, 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CoasterRiderSC

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum