Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Maxx Force NEW FOR 2019

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby coasterlove on June 22nd, 2019, 4:09 pm
I don't feel that our park is diminished at all but it actually takes away the desire to visit other parks, including those in the SF chain. I'd be no less thrilled about Maxx Force next or the year after if I heard SFGAd or SFFT for example received a clone but wouldn't add anything for me personally to make me want to go more to those other parks than I do now. Of course the SF chain isn't concerned with me personally, It's just my own opinion. I don't even worry about the records so much. I love Top Thrill Dragster just as much as I ever did despite Kingda Ka taking away both the height and speed record at that time of opening. I'll feel the same for Maxx Force even if some other park gets an 80mph version with an almost identical layout albeit with slightly larger elements to match the speed increase.
coasterlove

Postby Ilovthevu' on June 22nd, 2019, 4:24 pm
I'm the opposite of all of you than. Give me Scream (a clone)! Give me Mr. Freeze (a clone)! Give me Tigris ( a clone). Give me Joker's Jinx (a clone). Give me La Vibora (a clone). Give me Kumba (would be a clone). Give me Space Mountain (Disney World). Give me the Bat. Give me Adventure Express. etc, etc. I want greatness. I don't care about uniqueness. I rather not pay lots of money to travel to some other state. Make it all great!
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby SaveTheWAVE on June 22nd, 2019, 4:34 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:
IssaCoaster wrote:That launch.... I'm scared. I thought they said 1.8 sec....

Maxx Force is at full speed around 3/4 down the launch track. That's when it releases from the launch mechanism.
That launch is going to take a lot of people by surprise, including coaster enthusiasts.

I timed it
It’s over 2 seconds so I don’t think it’s full speed yet.

HOPEFULLY

Or they lied to us

LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SaveTheWAVE

Postby Ilovthevu' on June 22nd, 2019, 9:30 pm
I counted a 24 second ride. I don't understand how a ride that is supposed to open so early in July couldn't be up to it's speed yet?
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 22nd, 2019, 9:39 pm
I hope the pov just sucked because it did look a little disappointing. I'll wait to hear what the commercial shoot people think of it!
SFGAM_Hog

Postby jmanporty7 on June 22nd, 2019, 10:21 pm
I assume the ride will feel much faster when we actually are on the ride.... as British coaster enthusiast and youtube vlogger always says after experiencing parks and rides in person, "photos and videos do not do it justice"
jmanporty7

Postby RobSFGAm on June 23rd, 2019, 7:36 am
Posted a quick update of the construction update this past week. At the end is the second train testing from Saturday the 22nd.

https://youtu.be/xXAQww7rhfc
RobSFGAm

Postby AirTimeDaz on June 23rd, 2019, 8:04 am
RobSFGAm wrote:Posted a quick update of the construction update this past week. At the end is the second train testing from Saturday the 22nd.

https://youtu.be/xXAQww7rhfc

You really are the real MVP of this whole construction process. I hope the park at least invites you to media day. You provided quality content all season. SFGAM make it happen!
AirTimeDaz

Postby jmanporty7 on June 23rd, 2019, 8:44 am
Rob should at least be on the first ever public train.... if he isn't invited to media day
jmanporty7

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 23rd, 2019, 9:53 am
Thanks for all of these updates, Rob! The train looks so much faster than that pov video for sure. The trains are looking slick!
SFGAM_Hog

Postby ernstwhere on June 23rd, 2019, 3:18 pm
Thanks very much, Rob for your incredibly detailed and well-prodcued updates! I haven't missed one. I agree I hope the park does something to acknowledge Rob's efforts.
ernstwhere

Postby RobSFGAm on June 23rd, 2019, 5:40 pm
Glad you all liked the videos, and letting me know. Initially I was not sure if there was enough content to post.
RobSFGAm

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 23rd, 2019, 6:42 pm
https://youtu.be/LisOhCdDkig here is testing footage from today. Looks like it's at full speed now. That launch is fast!
SFGAM_Hog

Postby SaveTheWAVE on June 23rd, 2019, 7:02 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:https://youtu.be/LisOhCdDkig here is testing footage from today. Looks like it's at full speed now. That launch is fast!
Up to this point I think the engineers and maintenance are still in the process of calibrating the launch. That's why there are water dummies arranged in different configurations during testing followed by empty trains.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
Last edited by SaveTheWAVE on June 23rd, 2019, 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SaveTheWAVE

Postby gottastrata33 on June 23rd, 2019, 7:37 pm
So I’ve been in a couple commercial shoots but now all the sudden I’m not allowed. I think No visible tattoos or piercings is very old school & odd. I’m quite upset to be honest...
gottastrata33

Postby SaveTheWAVE on June 23rd, 2019, 7:39 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:So I’ve been in a couple commercial shoots but now all the sudden I’m not allowed. I think No visible tattoos or piercings is very old school & odd. I’m quite upset to be honest...
I completely agree with you! I have a sleeve and some odds and ends. I love my ink.
I was in Goliath's commercial shoot with my tattoos.

SaveTheWAVE

Postby gottastrata33 on June 23rd, 2019, 7:43 pm
SaveTheWAVE wrote:
gottastrata33 wrote:So I’ve been in a couple commercial shoots but now all the sudden I’m not allowed. I think No visible tattoos or piercings is very old school & odd. I’m quite upset to be honest...
I completely agree with you! I have a sleeve and some odds and ends. I love my ink.

I dont Understand. Did you read all the facebooks comments? There’s so many people who can’t apply. I applied then fully read the deets to much surprise. I didn’t think they would make the rules to apply much different let alone THAT.
gottastrata33

Postby SaveTheWAVE on June 23rd, 2019, 8:11 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:
SaveTheWAVE wrote:

I dont Understand. Did you read all the facebooks comments? There’s so many people who can’t apply. I applied then fully read the deets to much surprise. I didn’t think they would make the rules to apply much different let alone THAT.
People are upset. Justifiably so. Is it the agency that is doing the filming that has the final say on dress code or is it SFGAm?

SaveTheWAVE

Postby Ilovthevu' on June 23rd, 2019, 9:24 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:https://youtu.be/LisOhCdDkig here is testing footage from today. Looks like it's at full speed now. That launch is fast!

Now, it's a 20 second ride. lol
Ilovthevu'

Postby CoasterRiderSC on June 23rd, 2019, 9:36 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:
SFGAM_Hog wrote:I honestly hope we're the only park to get one in the chain.

That would be pretty epic. Whoa - were the only one in the chain with a wooden RMC too. Only one with a wing coaster & the last one with a racing woodie. I’m sure theres more but - You guys, we really do have a great park. Let’s be more proud instead of complaining so much!

AMEN!!!!!! (to the part about not complaining about what we have)
Last edited by CoasterRiderSC on June 24th, 2019, 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby Ilovthevu' on June 23rd, 2019, 9:48 pm
About that X-Flight thing, I feel that we have X-Flight because they never put in a great B&M floorless coaster. So, why would Great Adventure ever add a wing coaster, for instance; when they have a great B&M floorless + now they even have a B&M inversion stand-up ride? A bunch of the Six Flags parks have a B&M floorless (Medusa / Bizzaro / Superman / Batman / Scream!). To me, a wing coaster is a clunky (rougher) worst B&M design that didn't even need to be created.

@CoasterRider - With the direction, Six Flags has been going (even with this year), to me they completely careless about families. They have a skull on a Maxx Force shirt, even. The brochure for this year is also not family friendly. To me (even though I still go), the image they convey is; we are a WILD park, and organization. Even the Grand Music Hall show conveys to me, we are a WILD park, and organization.

Skull on Maxx Force shirt. Maxx Force in type of graffiti on shirt.
https://www.facebook.com/JiggidyNDG/pho ... =3&theater

The basketball hoops by the bumper cars, they also made it like they have graffiti on it.

The place is starting to remind me of Shredder's lair (from the older Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEWLnvqOsls
and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyFtA40Ahlk

For my last visit, I'm sitting next to people that say the n word (maybe twice), and than the F word. As soon as I'm near the front of the park on the way out, another person is saying the F word. Gone are the days when if you said something bad, they would kick you out. They don't care anymore. Whatever!

Six Flags is going for edgy right now whereas I think Cedar Fair is not.

So, when you hear fights in the parking lot for this year (and last year), I'm NOT shocked.
Last edited by Ilovthevu' on June 23rd, 2019, 10:30 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Ilovthevu'

Postby CoasterRiderSC on June 23rd, 2019, 9:50 pm

I hear you but I totally understand Six Flags stance on this. They want to convey a "family friendly" image for the park , especially in light of recent large fights that have broken out. They can hand select a certain type of person for their commercials.

P.S. I have 4 tattoos (3 on shoulders/arms) but I still agree with their position!! I would try to cover my upper arms if I was selected. Furthermore, I really regret my tattoos and would love to get them removed :) but I have other financial priorities right now. Perhaps I WILL get them removed some day.....

CoasterRiderSC

Postby gottastrata33 on June 24th, 2019, 1:23 am
Ok - yet this isn’t a family attraction. At all. As mentioned, this ride’s merchandise has skulls all over it. There’s been no marketing about a smiley child holding hands with aunt Susan on this one. The ride is dynamic, thrilling, & intense - family where?
gottastrata33

Postby AirTimeDaz on June 24th, 2019, 6:36 am
Yea I think there's a whole lot of gnashing of teeth over nothing. :lol: This is not Kiddieland. This is a high volume theme park with extreme attractions that cater to all sorts including the little ones and coaster enthusiasts in training. We've had Demon since the 70's and the imagery was/is certainly not geared towards not offending Aunt Susan. We have plenty Superhero rides, I don't see a big deal with a skull on merch. If we survive Fright Fest year after year, chances are, we'll survive Maxx Force t shirts as well (maybe).
AirTimeDaz

Postby CoasterRiderSC on June 24th, 2019, 7:46 am
A few points to consider:

1) Many on here (particularly GottaStrata) make a huge case that we need kids rides and that Little Dipper is critical in our park

2) The signs at the entrance state that it's a "Family friendly" park! The verbiage is under the dress code and behavior rules. If you don't believe me check them out next time you're waiting to go through metal detectors.

3) As for Fright Fest, that is not geared for small kids, and the park even states that kids under a certain age should leave prior to 6 PM. I personally don't like Halloween at all (like another member on here who refers to Demon as the "black Arrow coaster" ) and I only go to Fright Fest for the rides. If they got rid of all the scary stuff, that would be awesome! I don't pay a dime to go into any of the "Haunted houses" and I see the scare actors as obstacles to avoid since they are in my way to achieving my mission: Hitting as many rides as possible!

4) Something to think about it: If YOU owned a business, would YOU have someone full of tattoos and facial piercing advertise for YOU ??

5) Also the Demon in its present form has existed since 1980. It was the Turn of the Century prior to that.

6) As for skulls on the merchandise I don't agree with that. It's supposed to be about a car and a driver, right? So they should put a race car on the shirts!!

P.S. remember, we're all entitled to our own opinions, as pointed out by others on this forum :)

CoasterRiderSC

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum