Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Maxx Force NEW FOR 2019

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Ilovthevu' on June 11th, 2019, 11:19 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:https://m.facebook.com/groups/1679718378976384?view=permalink&id=2334813196800229&anchor_composer=false

The video quality is awful, but at the very end it launches half way up.

I think the controversy on that website (right now) is more exciting than anything Maxx Force can do. The peasants are revolting from the dictatorship. lol

Other than that, did they ever add good (tall) fencing on the walkway to Hurricane Habor? I'm talking about chainlink fencing that has barb wire on top of it. If they didn't they should.

EDIT: Is this really it? It's pretty poor fencing in my opinion. https://youtu.be/RzNdFv-Wzc4?t=930 If a person wanted to stick their hand by the coaster, they could easily do so. Those wooden fences going to Hurricane Harbor are really bare minimum fencing. Than you have another bare minimum fence by this roller coaster that goes almost all the way to the ground. To me, they need to replace those bare minimum wooden fences with Batman the Ride barb wire fences. Someone might say, what about Raging Bull? It's supports are in that area too. The ride is so far up in the sky, that going near a Raging Bull support would not equal death whatsoever. For the area where Raging Bull goes into the tunnel, you have stuff blocking that way for people to really get there plus Viper's EXIT fencing is really, really tall (though not barbed wired).
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby CoasterRiderSC on June 12th, 2019, 10:12 am
AirTimeDaz wrote:

wow is there even enough clearance for raised hands? :lol: :?

I was thinking the same thing! There must also be a height limit on this ride just like X-Flight, Joker and V2. I'm now wondering why they have the train running right through Maxx's footprint. Could it have been routed around the ride instead??
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby ilrider on June 12th, 2019, 10:39 am
^They did it because it creates a fun head chopper effect on MF, and it will be fun to go over the launch on the train if the timing is right. They design coasters carefully for clearances, and they typically do clearance envelope testing. Nobody will get hurt on the tunnel.
ilrider

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 12th, 2019, 10:48 am
The headrests on the cars are very tall so I think there's more room between your head and the roof of the tunnel than some of you are thinking. I don't think I'd want to keep my arms up for the launch anyways. :lol:
SFGAM_Hog

Postby AirTimeDaz on June 12th, 2019, 11:01 am
SFGAM_Hog wrote:The headrests on the cars are very tall so I think there's more room between your head and the roof of the tunnel than some of you are thinking. I don't think I'd want to keep my arms up for the launch anyways. :lol:

:lol: You have a point. It would be an exercise in futility anyway at 0 to 80 in < 2. I'm sure there's enough clearance but the speed paired with the hand-chopper optical illusion should be enough to force hands down just by sheer reflex. i still involuntarily crunch my legs in going through the keyhole on x flight even though there's plenty of room :o
AirTimeDaz

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 12th, 2019, 12:53 pm
Any testing going on today?
SFGAM_Hog

Postby willxxforce on June 12th, 2019, 12:55 pm
Anyone there today to report to us nerds stuck at work? Is it still launching today? Is it getting any higher up? Is the launch sound loud or even noticable? Can we get a non-potato video of the launch? Figured I'd just cover all the bases lol.

I can't wait to see a full circuit run. Hopefully they slap a camera on there right away so we can get a real life POV asap.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
Maxx Force will be my 50th
willxxforce

Postby B&MGuy35 on June 12th, 2019, 12:58 pm
I’m not there but I can confirm testing is continuing. Train is making it almost to the top of first inversion. I’ve seen videos from a private group on Facebook
B&MGuy35

Postby redrobinround on June 12th, 2019, 1:20 pm
redrobinround

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 12th, 2019, 1:31 pm
WOW! That's incredible. You really don't lose much speed on the brakes at the end until the bottom of the brakerun. That barrel roll looks insane as well. Heck, everything looks insane!
SFGAM_Hog

Postby ChicagoCoasters on June 12th, 2019, 2:01 pm
It tested!!!ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 12th, 2019, 2:04 pm
redrobinround wrote:https://www.facebook.com/groups/1634575566659899/permalink/2263326623784787?sfns=mo

Here's the link to the full circuit test run for those without Instagram.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby SaveTheWAVE on June 12th, 2019, 2:04 pm
Looks insane. Likely not at full velocity yet. It'll warm up and it's gonna blow people away.
Just eyeballing: the deceleration at the end is around 50-55 mph to 0 mph in 2 seconds. That's nuts!

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
SaveTheWAVE

Postby CoasterRiderSC on June 12th, 2019, 2:24 pm
ilrider wrote:^They did it because it creates a fun head chopper effect on MF, and it will be fun to go over the launch on the train if the timing is right. They design coasters carefully for clearances, and they typically do clearance envelope testing. Nobody will get hurt on the tunnel.

Yes, I understand the head chopper effect however I'm hoping the train has enough clearance around all the support poles and some "genius" doesn't try to touch the supports when the train is moving. Plus rerouting the train like they did caused it to be down the entire season. I'm sure some folks aren't happy about that.

Also correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't train currently go around all other rides and not through their footprints??
Last edited by CoasterRiderSC on June 12th, 2019, 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby CoasterRiderSC on June 12th, 2019, 2:26 pm
SaveTheWAVE wrote:Looks insane. Likely not at full velocity yet. It'll warm up and it's gonna blow people away.
Just eyeballing: the deceleration at the end is around 50-55 mph to 0 mph in 2 seconds. That's nuts!

Hopefully it doesn't give us whiplash when braking like Viper did when they first built it! I STILL brace for impact (as an involuntary reflex) when coming to the brakes on Viper :)

CoasterRiderSC

Postby JaminOut on June 12th, 2019, 3:20 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:
ilrider wrote:^They did it because it creates a fun head chopper effect on MF, and it will be fun to go over the launch on the train if the timing is right. They design coasters carefully for clearances, and they typically do clearance envelope testing. Nobody will get hurt on the tunnel.

Yes, I understand the head chopper effect however I'm hoping the train has enough clearance around all the support poles and some "genius" doesn't try to touch the supports when the train is moving. Plus rerouting the train like they did caused it to be down the entire season. I'm sure some folks aren't happy about that.

Also correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't train currently go around all other rides and not through their footprints??

Demon says hi.

I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby gottastrata33 on June 12th, 2019, 3:35 pm
YASSSS!! ;D
gottastrata33

Postby JT2002 on June 12th, 2019, 5:00 pm
I was literally at the park all morning today and didn't see it testing. Weird, I wonder when they did it. Definitely before the rain came and turned the pathways into logger's run.

Also, I'm still wondering how they will be able to run two trains at a time with a ride cycle shorter than the Little Dipper's.

Finally, youtube link from earlier Facebook vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmQgpeTXrHw
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby Jacklw6499 on June 12th, 2019, 5:54 pm
Are they not putting the front cover of the lead car on? There is still quite a ways to go it seems
Favorite Coasters I've Ridden:
Steel: 1. Maverick 2. Steel Vengeance 3. X2 4. Storm Chaser 5. Twisted Colossus
Wood: 1. The Voyage 2. Renegade 3. Mystic Timbers 4. The Legend 5. The Beast
Great America: 1. Maxx Force 2. Goliath 3. Raging Bull 4. Batman: The Ride 5. X-Flight

Coaster Count: 118
Go Hawks!
Jacklw6499

Postby gottastrata33 on June 12th, 2019, 6:27 pm
Jacklw6499 wrote:Are they not putting the front cover of the lead car on? There is still quite a ways to go it seems

They could be filming the first POV
gottastrata33

Postby SaveTheWAVE on June 12th, 2019, 6:30 pm
Jacklw6499 wrote:Are they not putting the front cover of the lead car on? There is still quite a ways to go it seems
They're still breaking in the launch system. Eventually they will add more weight to the trains including details like spoilers and zero car decorations, and of course water dummies.

SaveTheWAVE

Postby IssaCoaster on June 12th, 2019, 6:49 pm
So was the launch not at full speed today or am I just imagining things?

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
IssaCoaster

Postby SaveTheWAVE on June 12th, 2019, 6:54 pm
Launch was most likely not at full speed. Once we see water dummies then it will be near full speed. Bear in mind that the train is brand new and will take awhile to break in

SaveTheWAVE

Postby gottastrata33 on June 12th, 2019, 10:11 pm
This thing is moving those wheels for the first few times & the weather is s***. As said, it has to warm up. so when the ride is blasting off in 80+ temps, we’re gonna be seein a very different video. Can’t wait.
gottastrata33

Postby marcusleshock on June 13th, 2019, 10:09 am
Hey everybody! It's Marcus Leshock from WGN. I saw some of you heard my podcast from last week talking about the Maxx Force trains and construction site and were kind of confused about the queue. I talked about what would sections would be covered and what sections won't be covered. I wasn't as clear as I should have been! I put together a video for this week's podcast - highlighting the sections that I am talking about. It's in the second half of this video.

Hopefully this clears things up and thank you to those of you who have listened to the podcast so far. I really appreciate it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS0E85c ... e=youtu.be
marcusleshock

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum