Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Maxx Force NEW FOR 2019

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby ChicagoCoasters on April 28th, 2019, 11:34 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:I apologize for the double post.

Most of the launch is surrounded by maintenance buildings and sheds for the launch itself. I hope they do something to make it look a little better than just a bunch of concrete walls as you launch. Maybe they could add racing flags and a countdown sign for the launch. Audio would add to the ride. Maybe some cheering and the engine revving.

Also, I didn't notice how Maxx's station looks very similar to TTD's at Cedar Point. This ride is a real jab at CP. Some might disagree this ride isn't close to being as great as TTD, but I think it could be close.

I thought it looked an awful lot similar to Dragster's station as well. I personally hope and think this will be better than TTD. Think about it, Maxx Force has a faster launch than TTD, a bunny hill and 5 inversions compared to just a Top Hat like element.
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby UnclePennybags on April 28th, 2019, 11:42 pm
My predictions:

1) Maxx will *not* open by Memorial day, but what the heck? Why would the park say it would open if it wasn't true? Committing to any date on which you can't deliver seems like bad business, unless there's an asterisk next to the date, and really, really small writing on the bottom of the page that says something like, "* This date only good if we can meet this date".

2) The new building *will* be a grandstand!!! (YAY!) ...but only for members. Diamond Elite members get unlimited access, Diamond gets two seatings a season, other members get one. Pass holders have to look through a barbed wire fence along the Hurricane Harbor walkway.
Last edited by UnclePennybags on April 29th, 2019, 3:32 pm, edited 6 times in total.
UnclePennybags

Postby gottastrata33 on April 29th, 2019, 2:08 am
UnclePennybags wrote:My predictions:

1) Maxx will *not* open by Memorial day, but what the heck? Why say it if it wouldn't be true? Committing to any date on which you can't deliver seems like it'd hurt the park's image, unless there's an asterisk next to the date, and really, really small writing on the bottom of the page that says something like, "* This date only good if we can meet this date".

2) The new building *will* be a grandstand!!! (YAY!) ...but only for members: Diamond Elite members get unlimited access, Diamond gets two seatings a season, other members get one. Pass holders have to look through a barbed wire fence along the Hurricane Harbor walkway.

This was ridiculous & I enjoyed it. & hell to the no haha

To be honest, while track work isn’t complete, there has been a lot done in a week. Look at all the electrical done, catwalks, walls, station takin shape, & transfer track (prob more I haven’t mentioned). So a month from now (approx) really may not be that off.
gottastrata33

Postby CoasterMike on April 29th, 2019, 9:36 am
The one only way I can see the ride opening by May 24th is if the park starts working overtime to finish it on time. I find this extremely unlikely though given that they don't usually want them working overtime.
CoasterMike

Postby SaveTheWAVE on April 29th, 2019, 12:42 pm
It's the details that Take the longest: the miles of electrical conduit that need to be installed throughout the ride, the PLC programming, the fine details of the launch system, etc... much of that has been in progress while it has been too nasty for vertical construction. Installing track will go quickly assuming the weather cooperates. May 24 is very doable in my opinion.
SaveTheWAVE

Postby SFGAM_Hog on April 29th, 2019, 5:16 pm
I hope by this weekend the rest of the track work is complete and they can start to focus on moving that huge mound of dirt and begin queue work. They're getting ready to pour the station ramps.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby anewman35 on April 29th, 2019, 6:26 pm
It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to promote a date they know they aren't going to make, because I think any possible boost in tickets or t-shirts would be counteracted by possible bad publicity for missing dates and people worrying about that the ride has problems...
anewman35

Postby Jodon on April 29th, 2019, 6:45 pm
anewman35 wrote:It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to promote a date they know they aren't going to make, because I think any possible boost in tickets or t-shirts would be counteracted by possible bad publicity for missing dates and people worrying about that the ride has problems...

Yup...the bungled Goliath's bad publicity really caused people to worry about the safety of the ride and greatly impacted the publics enthusiasm for the ride. /s

Sarcasm aside, for us enthusiasts the idea that Maxx Force wouldn't be open Memorial day weekend seems like a broken contract, but unfortunately Six Flags as a corporation does not care about opening dates and there will be little to no long term repercussions to missing an artificial deadline.
Jodon

Postby SFGAM_Hog on April 29th, 2019, 7:26 pm
It just seems kinda evil for them to say it's opening on a certain day just for them to say "Oh yeah, it's not."
SFGAM_Hog

Postby CoasterMike on April 29th, 2019, 7:55 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:It just seems kinda evil for them to say it's opening on a certain day just for them to say "Oh yeah, it's not."

Again as Jodon stated, they really don’t care if they miss an opening date. All the care about and want is your money. As I’ve said many times they are just trying to encourage people to buy tickets, season passes and memberships. It’s as simple as that.
CoasterMike

Postby SFGAM_Hog on April 29th, 2019, 8:06 pm
That's exactly why I said it's evil. Well, hey. Watch Maxx open to members on May 24th and we all are shocked. Time will tell.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby redrobinround on April 29th, 2019, 8:42 pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
redrobinround

Postby Falcon on April 30th, 2019, 7:07 am
Does this apply to season pass holders? I'm still confused at how this membership thing works and if its worth doing.
Falcon

Postby Jodon on April 30th, 2019, 9:22 am
Falcon wrote:Does this apply to season pass holders? I'm still confused at how this membership thing works and if its worth doing.

At this point, I would be surprised if this included season passes. As Sven18 has said several times, SF is trying to move people away from the low cost Season Passes into higher revenue Memberships. These events are one of the ways that management is pushing the switch from passes to memberships. The tiered memberships are a really smart way to increase revenue without increasing costs on the park. Most of the benefits to the memberships cost the park nothing like this ERT on Maxx Force, so everything is profit.
Jodon

Postby Tardis1972 on April 30th, 2019, 10:44 am
^ This is unfortunately true. I guess I’ll be waiting to ride Maxx Force until June then since it sounds like there won’t be a season pass(and memberships also) day.
Tardis1972

Postby Falcon on April 30th, 2019, 11:40 am
It seems like a lot of the membership benefits center around dining and merch. And given the quality of six flags food, I'll continue to do everything I can to avoid eating food in the park.

Guess I'll just scoot over on a weeknight to ride Maxx Force
Falcon

Postby cliffhanger on April 30th, 2019, 11:41 am
Jodon wrote:SF is trying to move people away from the low cost Season Passes into higher revenue Memberships.

When they get rid of regular season passes, I'm not giving them my money. I'm sure Memberships have their benefits for some, but I'd much rather pay my $100 for my season pass and be done with it rather than have ANOTHER monthly payment to keep track of and remember to cancel. Honestly, I dont care about the exclusives. But they maybe need to change the terminology. "Membership" sounds like it's lower than "Season Pass". Maybe call memberships "Annual Pass" and season pass "Season Ticket".
cliffhanger

Postby CoasterRiderSC on April 30th, 2019, 1:00 pm
I agree with your thoughts on Memberships. It's just like what I call the "health club phenomenon": many people keep paying monthly and stop going!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby JackGlass on April 30th, 2019, 4:14 pm
Increasing prices, Reducing season pass perks and moving more people into memberships is crucial to increasing revenue.

I paid $70 for my Gold pass during the flash sale last year. That is ridiculously low, especially for a large park like Great America.
JackGlass

Postby JT2002 on April 30th, 2019, 4:46 pm
redrobinround wrote:Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, exclusive ride time. They'll put you in the trains and sit you on the track for a minute. If the trains are there yet. :lol:
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby Tardis1972 on April 30th, 2019, 7:07 pm
^ Well the park has to show how much they appreciate members somehow.
Tardis1972

Postby anewman35 on April 30th, 2019, 8:40 pm
CoasterMike wrote:
SFGAM_Hog wrote:It just seems kinda evil for them to say it's opening on a certain day just for them to say "Oh yeah, it's not."

Again as Jodon stated, they really don’t care if they miss an opening date. All the care about and want is your money. As I’ve said many times they are just trying to encourage people to buy tickets, season passes and memberships. It’s as simple as that.

They definitely don't care if they miss a date. I'm just not quite sure they're so evil as to purposely put our a day they know they won't make. I really don't think the upside (if there even is one) would make up for the possible downsides.
anewman35

Postby gottastrata33 on April 30th, 2019, 10:44 pm
I’m not sure how accurate this is but I feel those dates were printed & decided months ago. I really feel they can make this date. But what do I know.
gottastrata33

Postby ChicagoCoasters on April 30th, 2019, 10:49 pm
I don't think they will make the May 24th day. They still have to test Maxx Force when the trains get here :x and almost half the track still needs to be placed. Probably around 35% of track is left. They still need to program the ride to the control booth and build most of the station with the control booth. The queue isn't built yet and they would have to put Whizzer's track back in (if they haven't already) and finish up everything with the train tracks. I hope they can make it but that means they would have to start testing either this week or next at the latest. So that means control box, track, supports, and programming would all have to be done by then. But we'll see. I hope for the best.
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby gottastrata33 on May 1st, 2019, 12:43 am
I’m not sure the train tracks NEED to be done for Maxx to operate but I guess it’d be pretty foolish to open the one & have to do the tracks around it. Damn I didnt Think about this. Yikes. Ok. Maybe not.
gottastrata33

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum