Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Way too early 2020 predictions!

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby anewman35 on April 3rd, 2019, 1:25 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:I think parks that have a hurricane harbor should get an addition along with their “dry park” addition. Not every time but they are now two separate parks. It’s kinda wild to me that an entire park receives a water slide for their addition when it’s only open for 3mo. Which if I’m not mistaken, has this not happened recently with additions announced later after August? Or am I makin that up?

I believe there have been times in the past few years where HH in California or NJ got something and the main park did too. Those parks are officially separate parks though, while ours isn't, so maybe they think of it differently?
anewman35

Postby JackGlass on April 3rd, 2019, 5:58 pm
anewman35 wrote:
gottastrata33 wrote:I think parks that have a hurricane harbor should get an addition along with their “dry park” addition. Not every time but they are now two separate parks. It’s kinda wild to me that an entire park receives a water slide for their addition when it’s only open for 3mo. Which if I’m not mistaken, has this not happened recently with additions announced later after August? Or am I makin that up?

I believe there have been times in the past few years where HH in California or NJ got something and the main park did too. Those parks are officially separate parks though, while ours isn't, so maybe they think of it differently?

Yes! in fact, this year Great Adventure is getting a Giga Discovery in the dry park and a Hurricane Harbor expansion! The Hurricane Harbor expansion wasn't announced until months later!
JackGlass

Postby gottastrata33 on April 4th, 2019, 5:35 am
JackGlass wrote:
anewman35 wrote:

Yes! in fact, this year Great Adventure is getting a Giga Discovery in the dry park and a Hurricane Harbor expansion! The Hurricane Harbor expansion wasn't announced until months later!

Ok glad I’m not (too) crazy. So...let’s hope that happens. Cause there are a couple things that need attention, not just one as we’ve all expressed & a kids expansion/retheme on top of a water park addition would be a solid family year.
gottastrata33

Postby SFGAM_Hog on April 9th, 2019, 8:05 am
Six Flags Great Adventure's Discovery Wonder Woman looks amazing! I would love if we got one here sometime. The light package would be great.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby jmanporty7 on April 9th, 2019, 8:11 am
SFGAM_Hog wrote:Six Flags Great Adventure's Discovery Wonder Woman looks amazing! I would love if we got one here sometime. The light package would be great.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Zamperla Discovery called "Shazam!" in the next couple years.
jmanporty7

Postby rmceagle2021 on April 9th, 2019, 12:40 pm
Why don't they just rebuild king chaos and orbit
rmceagle2021

Postby JaminOut on April 9th, 2019, 2:49 pm
rmceagle2021 wrote:Why don't they just rebuild king chaos and orbit

There’s never been a post that has described me better.
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby UnclePennybags on April 9th, 2019, 7:47 pm
jmanporty7 wrote:
SFGAM_Hog wrote:Six Flags Great Adventure's Discovery Wonder Woman looks amazing! I would love if we got one here sometime. The light package would be great.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Zamperla Discovery called "Shazam!" in the next couple years.

I think we will get one. Not in 2020, but I'm thinking 2021 or 2022. We got Goliath in 2014, followed by nothing big in 2015, then three straight years of clones (2016 Justice League, 2017 Joker, 2018 Hangover). We're getting Maxx Force in 2019. I predict small stuff in 2020, then two cloned rides in 2021 and 2022, maybe a Giga Discovery and a Star Flyer (SkyScreamer).
Last edited by UnclePennybags on April 10th, 2019, 7:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
UnclePennybags

Postby Coaster Justin on April 10th, 2019, 3:11 pm
I would be fine if they turned Kidzopolis into DC Superfriends Land and Camp Cartoon into Bugs Bunny Boomtown
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby staticshadows on April 12th, 2019, 4:17 pm
If you listen to Marcus Leshock's podcast starting around the 18:27 mark, you will hear that Six Flags is looking at making some major improvements and possibly a new capital investment to Magic Waters in 2020.
https://art19.com/shows/coastin--the-country/episodes/db9dc743-3b5a-4ceb-957b-a43e29e170d4

I assume this means there will be less capital to spend on Great America in 2020, so I am leaning towards a Zamperla Giga Discovery because I think it would be much cheaper than remodeling the kids' areas.
staticshadows

Postby jmanporty7 on April 12th, 2019, 7:01 pm
What location is a good fit for a giga discovery? They are pretty big, so it's not like you could put one in anywhere you want all fine and dandy.

Me personally, ripping out Bucky should create enough space for a discovery, go-karts too...but its there any other spot where a discovery could fit nicely?
jmanporty7

Postby staticshadows on April 12th, 2019, 7:13 pm
jmanporty7 wrote:What location is a good fit for a giga discovery? They are pretty big, so it's not like you could put one in anywhere you want all fine and dandy.

Me personally, ripping out Bucky should create enough space for a discovery, go-karts too...but its there any other spot where a discovery could fit nicely?

From page one of this topic.
staticshadows

Postby SFGAM_Hog on April 12th, 2019, 9:34 pm
I think repainting Superman UF will be apart of next year. I asked about it getting repainted soon. They said it's on the list but that could mean anything really. I hope the park works on making the park look nicer for next year. I know it might not be likely, but I really think the park should finish repainting and retracking American Eagle. Return it to it's true greatness! Like many others have said, the park is just running one side now. Maybe in addition, a Zamperla Endeavor :)
SFGAM_Hog

Postby gottastrata33 on April 13th, 2019, 2:40 am
You know... with two s&s coasters at the park, a giant screamin swing would be a great flat ride to get at our park.
gottastrata33

Postby JackGlass on April 13th, 2019, 4:10 pm
Skyhwak at Cedar Point is one of my favorite flat rides. I would be very happy if Great America got one!

Would a Giga Discover fit in Rue Le Dodge's plot? They could always relocate the Bumper cars to that Building in County Fair behind the Games Gallery.
JackGlass

Postby SFGAM_Hog on April 13th, 2019, 4:21 pm
JackGlass wrote:
Would a Giga Discover fit in Rue Le Dodge's plot? They could always relocate the Bumper cars to that Building in County Fair behind the Games Gallery.

I think that would be a good plot of land too! How about naming it Supergirl lol. After seeing how Wonder Woman looks at Great Adventure I really want one here now.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby RBullFan97 on April 13th, 2019, 5:10 pm
^Maybe call it Delta Flyer. It would then be the third ride in the park's history to have that name.
SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
SFGAm Ride Count 2020: Well, ya know...
RBullFan97

Postby RBullFan97 on April 13th, 2019, 5:13 pm
Also sorry for the double post but could it be possible that a Giant Discovery might fit near Maxx Force? It all depends on how much space is left over. Then it could have its own little area.
SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
SFGAm Ride Count 2020: Well, ya know...
RBullFan97

Postby Goku1910 on April 13th, 2019, 5:48 pm
RBullFan97 wrote:Also sorry for the double post but could it be possible that a Giant Discovery might fit near Maxx Force? It all depends on how much space is left over. Then it could have its own little area.

Was there today, that would be a big fat nope. Terrain between railroad, maxx force, whizzer, and HTFM is too uneven and even then that would leave no room for Maxx Force's Queue.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby SFGAM_Hog on April 14th, 2019, 3:46 pm
staticshadows wrote:
jmanporty7 wrote:What location is a good fit for a giga discovery? They are pretty big, so it's not like you could put one in anywhere you want all fine and dandy.

From page one of this topic.

I think all of Six Flags' Discoveries are named after D.C. characters except for Crazanity. If they put one here, which seems like a perfect fit, they could pull a Six Flags and name it a D.C. character, maybe Lex Luthor, and then push the SWT sign back more and have it be included in Metropolis Plaza XD or they could name it Tumbleweed or something themed to SWT.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby ernstwhere on April 14th, 2019, 4:59 pm
What about the Sky Coaster site? Did someone say that could go? I can't remember clearly. I know it's an upcharge attraction but it would sure look great there. Maybe when whatever will be resolved with the Eagle.
ernstwhere

Postby SFGAM_Hog on April 14th, 2019, 5:22 pm
I wish they would redo that entire area tbh. I honestly hate that entire wacky theme going on with Kidzoplis and the tent frame that is still there. The entrance and walkway to AE is ugly. They should get rid of all of that concrete walkway with the sky coaster platform in my opinion. Have the Eagle's queue line start ground level and then have stairs right by the service road and train crossing. How about retheming the kids area and adding in a thrilling flat ground level where the sky coaster is.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby Goku1910 on April 14th, 2019, 5:26 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:I wish they would redo that entire area tbh. I honestly hate that entire wacky theme going on with Kidzoplis and the tent frame that is still there. The entrance and walkway to AE is ugly. They should get rid of all of that concrete walkway with the sky coaster platform in my opinion. Have the Eagle's queue line start ground level and then have stairs right by the service road and train crossing. How about retheming the kids area and adding in a thrilling flat ground level where the sky coaster is.

I've wanted this for a long time but sadly we might never see this. If Eagle really did get an RMC, Kidzopolis got rethemed to Bugs Bunny Boom Town, and the entrance/queue got a complete overhaul it would be a personal dream.

Even if Eagle did avoid the RMC I would still love to see improvements to it.
Goku1910

Postby UnclePennybags on April 14th, 2019, 6:33 pm
ernstwhere wrote:What about the Sky Coaster site? Did someone say that could go? I can't remember clearly. I know it's an upcharge attraction but it would sure look great there. Maybe when whatever will be resolved with the Eagle.

From a previous post:

SFNE replaced their Skycoaster with a SkyScreamer. If we did the same and replaced Dare Devil Dive (DDD), this location would be a solid, natural fit.

However, I don't see a Giga Discovery fitting here.

UnclePennybags

Postby ernstwhere on April 14th, 2019, 6:39 pm
Agree. That area looks jerry-rigged with the reconfigured Eagle queue, the diminished entrance and the ruins of BOS below. Kidzopolis looks dated. I heard a rumor RMC is working on a restoration of Eagle, not a full RMC treatment. It seems some kind of permanent solution is needed, entering from Washinton Street the coaster looks in bad shape.

A Sky Screamer would be great too in the DDD spot.
Last edited by ernstwhere on April 14th, 2019, 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ernstwhere

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum