Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Maxx Force NEW FOR 2019

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby SFGAM_Hog on April 9th, 2019, 4:06 pm
I had to download Tapatalk to upload a picture sorry for the wait. Here it is:Image

Sent from my SM-G550T2 using Tapatalk
SFGAM_Hog

Postby RobSFGAm on April 9th, 2019, 8:05 pm
Here is a picture I took after work today.
Click the green box to see it bigger and clearer

RobSFGAm

Postby gottastrata33 on April 10th, 2019, 3:54 pm
I wonder if they’re gonna top it off today.
gottastrata33

Postby SFGAM_Hog on April 10th, 2019, 4:02 pm
I think by the end of the week for sure. Hopefully all the track work on both structures is complete by opening day.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby gottastrata33 on April 10th, 2019, 6:07 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:I think by the end of the week for sure. Hopefully all the track work on both structures is complete by opening day.

We all just wanna see this thing so bad haha which is hilarious cause we will have years to look at it ;) but it’s so new we wanna see it NOW
gottastrata33

Postby SFGAM_Hog on April 10th, 2019, 6:12 pm
I want to see how massive it looks when you're looking straight up at it while you walk under the Southwest Territory sign in Hometown Square! I'm also excited to see the trains. Hopefully they look as good or even better than Steel Curtain's trains.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby gottastrata33 on April 11th, 2019, 2:37 am
I just wanna see it from anywhere in the park & up close ;) also I’m a tad nervous about those trains cause while they look sleek, they appear to be very straight up & “metal” looking. As in they don’t look that comfy. But you’ll be sitting on them for a minute, doesn’t really need to be a bucket seat of comfort now does it?
gottastrata33

Postby CoasterRiderSC on April 11th, 2019, 7:57 am
I hope the lapbars are super secure, like the ones on Goliath! From the pictures it doesn't appear that there's anything securing the lower leg area. Will there be seatbelts too?

Also, stupid question, is the track going to form a sort of big "loop" after it exits the dog ear element? It's a little hard for me to tell.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby rmceagle2021 on April 11th, 2019, 8:08 am
CoasterRiderSC wrote:I hope the lapbars are super secure, like the ones on Goliath! From the pictures it doesn't appear that there's anything securing the lower leg area. Will there be seatbelts too?

Also, stupid question, is the track going to form a sort of big "loop" after it exits the dog ear element? It's a little hard for me to tell.

There will be seat belts on the train as seen in this photo. This is a photo of steel curtins train but they said we would have the same train design but motofied for the lanch.https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source= ... 4306320419
rmceagle2021

Postby gottastrata33 on April 11th, 2019, 1:51 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:I hope the lapbars are super secure, like the ones on Goliath! From the pictures it doesn't appear that there's anything securing the lower leg area. Will there be seatbelts too?

Not bein rude, but what?! I’m slightly confused about the “loop”. The layout consists of the DogTongue, a double inversion, which drops into a low rise inline twist, then up into another double inversion which ends on a dive loop in HH into the brakes. Here...Image
I dream of the 400ft "Great American SkyScreamer". x
gottastrata33

Postby Chirojon on April 11th, 2019, 2:05 pm
I think he is referring to the zero G roll... my guess anyway.
Chirojon

Postby CoasterRiderSC on April 11th, 2019, 2:08 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:

Not bein rude, but what?! I’m slightly confused about the “loop”. The layout consists of the DogTongue, a double inversion, which drops into a low rise inline twist, then up into another double inversion which ends on a dive loop in HH into the brakes. Here...Image

What I was asking is "Does train exit the dog tongue element and head back in same direction as the launch, or does it go a different direction? " But I think the picture you posted answers the question. LIke others on here, I'm having a hard time visualizing the whole layout.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby gottastrata33 on April 11th, 2019, 2:14 pm
Ah Ok. No it only heads back the way it came from after the turn into the zeroG roll inversion. When it enters the dog tongue, it rolls over 90degrees then drops & turns on the ground into the 3rd inversion. :)
gottastrata33

Postby CoasterRiderSC on April 11th, 2019, 2:27 pm
Just realized that after it comes out of that dog tongue, which will be a nice drop (kind of like X-Flights dive loop drop), it's going UNDER the launch track! It's going to be very close to the ground during that stretch!

CoasterRiderSC

Postby Chirojon on April 11th, 2019, 3:15 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:Just realized that after it comes out of that dog tongue, which will be a nice drop (kind of like X-Flights dive loop drop), it's going UNDER the launch track! It's going to be very close to the ground during that stretch!

Yea, that's very cool. I'm curious how that 'hump' (over that track section that goes underneath) on the launch is gonna go...since it's such a fast launch, I would think something like that would be abrupt bump but I think it'll be smoother than it appears in the POV animation obviously.
Chirojon

Postby SFGAM_Hog on April 11th, 2019, 3:20 pm
The little up section looks a little drawn put so it won't be too crazy.

Any new track work done today?
SFGAM_Hog

Postby SaveTheWAVE on April 11th, 2019, 5:18 pm
^which section looks drawn out?
SaveTheWAVE

Postby SFGAM_Hog on April 11th, 2019, 6:43 pm
The bunny hill after the launch. It doesn't look as crazy as it may seem since it doesn't really act as a hill.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby SaveTheWAVE on April 11th, 2019, 11:09 pm
^Yeah, the step-up after the launch is utilitarian in nature. It will give a good head-chopper.
SaveTheWAVE

Postby JT2002 on April 12th, 2019, 12:04 am
SFGAM_Hog wrote:The little up section looks a little drawn put so it won't be too crazy.

Any new track work done today?

I didn't see any construction when I passed by this afternoon
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby RobSFGAm on April 12th, 2019, 2:00 pm
I beleive the weather the past few days and the high winds are minimizing crane activity the second half of this week. Hopefully they were still able to work on the ground level.
RobSFGAm

Postby RobSFGAm on April 12th, 2019, 3:25 pm
Just posted video update #10 on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/se_918CFXH8
RobSFGAm

Postby AirTimeDaz on April 12th, 2019, 6:04 pm
RobSFGAm wrote:Just posted video update #10 on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/se_918CFXH8

Rob you legend! Thanks again!! :D
AirTimeDaz

Postby Goku1910 on April 13th, 2019, 9:27 am
At the park for Advocate day. Posting from mobile is a pain. I'll be snapchatting park updates throughout the day.

Maxx Force still looks like it's got a ways to go..... But I can only judge from the lot right now.
Goku1910

Postby gottastrata33 on April 13th, 2019, 10:14 am
Goku1910 wrote:At the park for Advocate day. Posting from mobile is a pain. I'll be snapchatting park updates throughout the day.

Maxx Force still looks like it's got a ways to go..... But I can only judge from the lot right now.

What’s your snap? :)
gottastrata33

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum