Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Way too early 2020 predictions!

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby gottastrata33 on March 26th, 2019, 1:19 am
Goku1910 wrote:I think kidzopolis is a better candidate for Bugs Bunny Boom Town.
As for the Eagle area, I've always suspected that the paint job was a precursor to something bigger.

I mean, I think that too to be honest. I really don’t mind them adding to the family & the young thrill seekers in training departments. I want more family coaster & ride options to be honest.
gottastrata33

Postby JackGlass on March 26th, 2019, 2:22 pm
I'm actually surprised that Great America doesn't have a smaller kids coaster.

Something small and compact like Speedy Gonzales Hot Rod Racers at Magic Mountain! Something that's a step below Sprocket Rocket and Little Dipper.
JackGlass

Postby gottastrata33 on March 26th, 2019, 11:43 pm
JackGlass wrote:I'm actually surprised that Great America doesn't have a smaller kids coaster.

Something small and compact like Speedy Gonzales Hot Rod Racers at Magic Mountain! Something that's a step below Sprocket Rocket and Little Dipper.

I’ve been sayin this for years! It could fit in the overflow que for BB & can be an addition to hometown park. It can go where sky trail was (the ride cemetery can go anywhere for FF) & bein near demon, they can name it “lil’ devil”. Im sure there’s room they can find in both Kidzopolis &/or Camp Cartoon as well. I believe Frontier City is getting one this year.
gottastrata33

Postby JackGlass on March 27th, 2019, 12:33 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:
JackGlass wrote:I'm actually surprised that Great America doesn't have a smaller kids coaster.

I’ve been sayin this for years! It could fit in the overflow que for BB & can be an addition to hometown park. It can go where sky trail was (the ride cemetery can go anywhere for FF) & bein near demon, they can name it “lil’ devil”. Im sure there’s room they can find in both Kidzopolis &/or Camp Cartoon as well. I believe Frontier City is getting one this year.

That's a really good idea! If they leave the kids areas as they are and don't consolidate them. It would be awesome to see them add a small coaster to Hometown Park and Kidzopolis. Yes, Frontier City is getting a small Zamperla kids coaster this year!
JackGlass

Postby gottastrata33 on March 27th, 2019, 10:49 pm
I’d love to see one of those & a junior invert/suspended like what Fun spot has or something what Dollywood is getting. Also eventually I want a spinner back. I REALLY wish they could have simply found another spot for Ragin Cajun. It was too damn good.
gottastrata33

Postby UWW-10 on March 28th, 2019, 10:34 am
RC was plagued from the beginning when the park decided to alter the rides continuous loading process (why they didn't mess with TDK is beyond me :lol: ). Not sure if that was something that was undone (or could even be restored) when rebuilt at SFA or not.

Six Flags as a whole has definitely looked at which parks in the chain have high attendance/profitability factors to determine who gets the larger additions each season. I could definitely see a larger expenditure once again coming as I assume MF will do incredibly well for the park this season.

Does anyone know which park currently has the backwards chassis for namtaB? I could totally see this making a 2020 rotation again to different parks throughout the chain. I'd also like to see a newer flat ride package because at some point, the majority of the ones currently at the park are going to see the end of their lifespan.
UWW-10

Postby SFGAM_Hog on March 28th, 2019, 4:20 pm
Six Flags Over Georgia just repainted their B&M stand up. Even though the rides are different, I'd love to see our park repaint Raging Bull or especially Superman for next year. If we were to get a kid expansion maybe they could do a repaint of a coaster!
SFGAM_Hog

Postby JackGlass on March 28th, 2019, 11:16 pm
I can't wait to hear the reviews of Steel Curtain.

I would love to see S&S build a spirtual succesor to ShockWave at Great America.
JackGlass

Postby gottastrata33 on March 29th, 2019, 3:32 am
JackGlass wrote:I can't wait to hear the reviews of Steel Curtain.

I would love to see S&S build a spirtual succesor to ShockWave at Great America.

I’ve totally thought about this. I was watching Steel Curtain vids for the 100th time & thought if Maxx does well, I wonder if they’d want s&s to build a multi looper in the future. & with them getting creative squeezing her in where she’s goin, I’m sure they could find ways to fit something else in.
gottastrata33

Postby JackGlass on March 29th, 2019, 7:11 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:
JackGlass wrote:I can't wait to hear the reviews of Steel Curtain.

I’ve totally thought about this. I was watching Steel Curtain vids for the 100th time & thought if Maxx does well, I wonder if they’d want s&s to build a multi looper in the future. & with them getting creative squeezing her in where she’s goin, I’m sure they could find ways to fit something else in.

When I saw Steel Curtains announcement, I was like..... "That would be awesome if Great America had S&S build a new age mega looper"

ShockWave had a ton of problems, but it was built in the era of Floppy disks and MS DOS. They didn't have all the high end programs and technology like they do today! Something like Steel Curtain is probably going to be glass smooth and have mathematically perfect transitions.

I think Maxx Force and Steel Curtain will be smash hits! That would be ironic if Kennywood ends up getting an S&S compressed air launch in a few years and we end up getting an S&S Mega Looper in a few years. :lol:
JackGlass

Postby staticshadows on March 30th, 2019, 8:48 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:
Goku1910 wrote:I think kidzopolis is a better candidate for Bugs Bunny Boom Town.
As for the Eagle area, I've always suspected that the paint job was a precursor to something bigger.

I mean, I think that too to be honest. I really don’t mind them adding to the family & the young thrill seekers in training departments. I want more family coaster & ride options to be honest.

Here is a video that shows off the new DC Super Friends and Bugs Bunny Boomtown areas at Six Flags Mexico.
https://youtu.be/zZdXIOnrXjE
staticshadows

Postby SFGAM_Hog on March 31st, 2019, 10:03 am
It's cool they have a Rockin' Tug in D.C. Superfriends! I would totally love to see us getting Jester's Wild Ride back! I can see the park retheming and renovating Kidzoplis to be D.C. Superfriends and retheming Camp Cartoon to Bugs Bunny Boomtown. If Kidzoplis becomes the D.C. kids area I would want to see that ugly white tent come down.

Edit: Maybe D.C. Friends could be in Camp Cartoon actually because their kiddie coaster looks like a clone of Sprocket Rockets.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby staticshadows on March 31st, 2019, 1:25 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:It's cool they have a Rockin' Tug in D.C. Superfriends! I would totally love to see us getting Jester's Wild Ride back!

I can't find any evidence of Six Flags Mexico having that ride in the past...
staticshadows

Postby SFGAM_Hog on March 31st, 2019, 1:40 pm
^ I hadn't thought of that. If they did take JWR to SF Mexico, I wouldn't have thought you were able to take off all those side pieces and jester heads.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby IssaCoaster on April 1st, 2019, 9:53 pm
So for 2020, I don't think much will happen. Probably a remodel of the kiddie parks. But I know somewhere down the line, Buccanear Battle and Demon are going to go. I've mentioned this before, but Demon is not in good shape. When I was working the ride, a lot of the paint was chipped away and the supports are rusted. Six Flags is not maintaining it well at all. It does not have good attendance numbers as well. Buccanear Battle is in pretty bad shape as well. They have 3 ships out back wrapped up. The lines are pretty decent on the right days, but most of the time, it's a walk on. Also most of the effects don't work anymore. They need a better use of the space and something that is worth maintaining. And I'm going to say it again... something is going to happen to Eagle somewhere down the road. It's a great candidate for an RMC. Easily could break records(And with this new plan the Six Flags chain has , it could be more likely). 2 RMCs in one park would be quite the title. Bring a lot of guests to the park as well. If they managed to keep it wooden and use the topper track, that would be great. But hybrid seems more likely. Something else I have to say, I really wish Six Flags took some years to remodel the park instead of installing rides all the time. I visited Universal, Busch Gardens, and Sea World, and I was quite impressed with the beauty of the parks. I know it's a bit much to ask for, but if they can even be half as good looking as those parks, it would be great. It make the quests and employees way happier. People would not want to trash it so much either. I can only dream.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
IssaCoaster

Postby CoasterNick3157 on April 1st, 2019, 10:38 pm
i see a cyborg cyber spin coming in the next 3 years
CoasterNick3157

Postby JackGlass on April 1st, 2019, 11:02 pm
[quote="CoasterNick3157"]i see a cyborg cyber spin coming in the next 3 years[/quote

I think a Tourbillon would look bad ass in front of X-Flight. Use that concrete pad right across from the gift store.
JackGlass

Postby UnclePennybags on April 2nd, 2019, 12:39 am
JackGlass wrote:
CoasterNick3157 wrote:i see a cyborg cyber spin coming in the next 3 years

I think a Tourbillon would look bad ass in front of X-Flight.

A Tourbillon *would* be a nice addition to the park, but only if they could conjure a wormhole at the intersection of the three frame axes:

https://youtu.be/scBY3cVyeyA
Last edited by UnclePennybags on April 2nd, 2019, 10:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
UnclePennybags

Postby gottastrata33 on April 2nd, 2019, 1:21 am
Ok, some things.

I think the kids areas are in much need of revamps. & yes, please get rid of that awful ugly dirty tent. If you want the “shelter”, renovate & build a modern new one to fit the area with the ideas/possibilities of this dream RMC Eagle into calculation... Cause honestly that damn que just makes such little gd sense. We can all pretty much agree on that yeah?

I see we’re always gonna be on the battle hate. Fine. I think removing a water ride with only a couple options is insane for summer. I also think the ride while dull, serves a bigger purpose. But that’s always gonna be my argument. Always. Also about demon, yes at some point with the fate of so many arrow coasters, it may have to go but while I didnt Operate it, I cant Say I agree It’s in terrible shape. However, Demon, whizzer, & Batman are those three rides in the park I can see getting the Hulk treatment. But yes that’s a long shot.

Also I’ve heard nothing but mediocre reviews from “Cyborg” & I think Meh of it as well. But I thought I’d feel the same damn way about Hangover & I think It looks great, fills the space, & it too, serves it purpose. So that ride would prob do the same & I’ll always welcome another flat ride honestly.
gottastrata33

Postby JackGlass on April 2nd, 2019, 2:03 am
The finite amount of space left in the main circle is what makes these smaller additions, such as Hang Over cool.

There's still a large plot of land in the back of the park that can be easily developed if the employee parking lot is moved off site. However, that area should be used for large scale investments in my opinion, to maximize attendance.

Theme it to something like the "Back Country" and have 3 or 4 bad ass, world class coasters back there, along with some flats and stores, etc.
JackGlass

Postby jmanporty7 on April 2nd, 2019, 9:54 am
As of right now...fixing up the kids areas should be on the top of the list for 2020.

If I had it my way I would remove the go-karts, and relocate all the kiddie rides from Hometown Park to here (Red Baron, Ladybugs, Tot's Livery) and name this new kids section to "Kiddieland" as an homage to the former park that the nearby Little Dipper called home.

Moving on to Camp Cartoon...I would like to see this area become Bugs Bunny Boomtown. They could very easily just rename and retheme every ride in this area, except for the Flintstones Rescue ride (or whatever it's called now) in which they should just get rid of for expansion

Finally with Kidzopolis, its best to just remove it entirely (including the tent). There isn't that much space to build a bad ass new coaster in the area. They could add a new major flat ride or two. But most of all, they could take advantage of this and make a new and much more efficient queue line for Eagle with Kidzopolis and the tent gone.
jmanporty7

Postby IssaCoaster on April 2nd, 2019, 10:09 am
It seems like we all agree that the kiddie areas are what need to be a top priority for the next few seasons. I also see an expansion of the water park pretty soon. But in the year we get a major addition, I think it will be a large flat ride. We have been pretty good with coasters lately. The only thing I can think of is another attraction leaving for a new coaster, but we would have already seen the survey markers I'm assuming.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
IssaCoaster

Postby gottastrata33 on April 2nd, 2019, 11:12 pm
I think parks that have a hurricane harbor should get an addition along with their “dry park” addition. Not every time but they are now two separate parks. It’s kinda wild to me that an entire park receives a water slide for their addition when it’s only open for 3mo. Which if I’m not mistaken, has this not happened recently with additions announced later after August? Or am I makin that up?
gottastrata33

Postby UnclePennybags on April 2nd, 2019, 11:54 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:I think removing a water ride with only a couple options is insane for summer. I also think the ride while dull, serves a bigger purpose.

Actually, I agree with you on this one. If I could do anything with Buccaneer Battle, I'd consider upgrading it for the sake of keeping a family/water ride. If I could swap it out with a Timber Mountain Log Ride, I'd do it in a heart beat:

https://youtu.be/Vomcqsoeisc
UnclePennybags

Postby jsulllll on April 3rd, 2019, 9:43 am
Further down the line, if and when Demon is removed, imagine seeing S&S come in and build a similar ride to Steel Curtain and calling it "Return of the Demon" or "Demon's Fury" or something along those lines. I'm thinking record breaker-- most inversions in North America. If done right, maybe integrating the old rock structures from Demon with special effects (fog, lights, maybe projector screens in the tunnels). This could truly be a world-class coaster. I'm not sure how realistic this could be, and for sure not in 2020, but imagine! :mrgreen:
jsulllll

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum