Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Minor Updates, Rumors, and Happenings

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby _FuryBull_330_ on January 17th, 2019, 3:00 pm
JackGlass wrote:According to Screamscape, Vertical Velocity at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom might be renamed and rethemed to the Flash!

If this were to happen, would you guys want to see the same thing happen to our Vertical Velocity?

http://www.screamscape.com/html/six_fla ... ingdom.htm

Um, I don't think that would be a good idea. I like The Flash and all but it's just going to be confusing to the GP and the enthusiasts. No more DC names please.
How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby SFGAM_Hog on January 17th, 2019, 4:21 pm
Might as well rename Yankee Harbor "Gotham Harbor since it already has Batman and Joker. I know a lot of people aren't huge fans of so much DC, me included, but if 3 out of 4 rides in that area are D.C..
SFGAM_Hog

Postby JT2002 on January 17th, 2019, 10:08 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:Might as well rename Yankee Harbor "Gotham Harbor since it already has Batman and Joker. I know a lot of people aren't huge fans of so much DC, me included, but if 3 out of 4 rides in that area are D.C..

NO! If they did that, that's one step closer to taking down the flumes for another DC coaster. :?
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby SFGAM_Hog on January 17th, 2019, 10:34 pm
JT2002 wrote:
SFGAM_Hog wrote:Might as well rename Yankee Harbor "Gotham Harbor since it already has Batman and Joker. I know a lot of people aren't huge fans of so much DC, me included, but if 3 out of 4 rides in that area are D.C..

NO! If they did that, that's one step closer to taking down the flumes for another DC coaster. :?

Oh, I forgot Yankee Clipper existed. Good point. I guess.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby RBullFan97 on January 17th, 2019, 11:11 pm
JackGlass wrote:According to Screamscape, Vertical Velocity at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom might be renamed and rethemed to the Flash!

If this were to happen, would you guys want to see the same thing happen to our Vertical Velocity?

http://www.screamscape.com/html/six_fla ... ingdom.htm

Absolutely not. I don't want to see DC Comics rides overtake Great America like it has some other Six Flags parks.
SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
SFGAm Ride Count 2020: Well, ya know...
RBullFan97

Postby SaveTheWAVE on January 18th, 2019, 10:49 pm
^ Im with you on the whole DC coasters thing. However, three similarly themed coasters in the same section of the park might warrant a re-theme of that area.
SaveTheWAVE

Postby anewman35 on January 19th, 2019, 1:17 am
SaveTheWAVE wrote:^ Im with you on the whole DC coasters thing. However, three similarly themed coasters in the same section of the park might warrant a re-theme of that area.

Well,they haven't renamed V2 yet, and this is all based on a rumor of what might be happening at a different park. So I really wouldn't worry about it too much at this point...
anewman35

Postby SaveTheWAVE on January 19th, 2019, 8:43 am
^ Agreed. Speculation.
SaveTheWAVE

Postby JT2002 on January 19th, 2019, 12:57 pm
The park will be remodeling a few shopping locations throughout the park as well as some new food offerings/remodels. https://mobile.twitter.com/marcusleshock/status/1086660687550660609/photo/1
https://mobile.twitter.com/marcusleshock/status/1086660407836770304/photo/1
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby Ilovthevu' on January 19th, 2019, 3:28 pm
I wonder if the Last Call Festival is now gone! They say, we have all of these special events on a slide, but they don't list that. So, is it no more?
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby UnclePennybags on January 19th, 2019, 3:45 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote:I wonder if the Last Call Festival is now gone! They say, we have all of these special events on a slide, but they don't list that. So, is it no more?

Maybe Last Call and Holiday in the Park will be collapsed into one event. They could still do things we associate with Last Call in November, but it wouldn't be called the same. Don't Six Flags parks in warmer climates already do this?
UnclePennybags

Postby SFGAM_Hog on January 19th, 2019, 4:16 pm
I know six flags probably doesn't care, but maybe they'll have the park open for what would be Last Call but they're just not calling it that because the gp would get confused and think it'll be their last chance to go even though theres still HITP.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby ChicagoCoasters on January 20th, 2019, 7:39 pm
At No Coaster Con they told us Fright Fest would be the biggest ever running for 8 weekends from September 14 to November 3. My best bet is that Last Call Fall Festival will not be returning.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby coasterfanatic on January 24th, 2019, 3:11 pm
So does anyone have a video or pictures of the slides from NCC? Is there any information that was provided?
coasterfanatic

Postby coasterfanatic on January 24th, 2019, 3:16 pm
I saw the slides that Marcus LaShock posted. Not much info given. Didn't really talk much about any new food offerings.
coasterfanatic

Postby ilrider on January 25th, 2019, 1:14 pm
Hope this means the end of the fingerprint scanners. I have hated them from the beginning due to how slow they sometimes make entrance to the park, and I was never a fan of giving any corporation any biometric data:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chicag ... y,amp.html
ilrider

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on January 25th, 2019, 2:02 pm
^ Maybe, I mean if you just scan the pass and go it will make the process faster. But it would also let anyone steal a season pass and use it without anything to block it.
How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby ilrider on January 25th, 2019, 2:30 pm
_FuryBull_330_ wrote:^ Maybe, I mean if you just scan the pass and go it will make the process faster. But it would also let anyone steal a season pass and use it without anything to block it.

True. I am as old as the park, so scan and go has been the way for most of my life, so the change to the fingerprint technology was annoying.

Are there other ways they can make the passes more secure aside from fingerprints?
ilrider

Postby Sven18 on January 25th, 2019, 3:15 pm
ilrider wrote:
_FuryBull_330_ wrote:^ Maybe, I mean if you just scan the pass and go it will make the process faster. But it would also let anyone steal a season pass and use it without anything to block it.

True. I am as old as the park, so scan and go has been the way for most of my life, so the change to the fingerprint technology was annoying.

Are there other ways they can make the passes more secure aside from fingerprints?

Simple, picture ID passes. That can be done several ways.
1)Have people take photos and have the picture on the pass
2)Have people take photos and have the picture pop up on a monitor when the pass is scanned. This is what Cedar Fair does when you go thru parking, entry at the gate, and at some, but not all food places.

The SF finger print scan was always of dubious effectiveness . I know several people personally and met some random people at the park in lines that use other people's passes. Not only was there a question if the scanner worked to identify fraud, many time they didn't even ask you to scan at SFGAm and also at other SF parks.
Sven18

Postby ilrider on January 25th, 2019, 3:48 pm
^Photos are what we always used to use. I’ll admit it is nice to not have to wait in line to get those anymore, but I dislike the fingerprint scanners. Maybe with this court ruling this is what we will have to go back to.
ilrider

Postby anewman35 on January 25th, 2019, 10:49 pm
The law doesn't say they can't do the scanners, it just "requires companies collecting information such as facial, fingerprint and iris scans to obtain prior consent from consumers or employees, detailing how they’ll use the data and how long the records will be kept."

So if they wanted, they could probably get around it by making you sign something when you get the pass, or click "ok" on the screen before scanning your fingerprint...
anewman35

Postby Ilovthevu' on January 26th, 2019, 12:43 pm
Update: The Tornado seems safe for now. They changed the description to "Not Open Yet" instead of "Closed for the Season". People on the website not knowing what they are doing, type of thing..
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby sfgamnut17 on January 29th, 2019, 10:12 pm
I would Agree with this. I would also rename Yankee Clipper after Aquaman and Loggers Run after Black Manta.
GREAT AMERICA, MAYBE A GREAT DAY IS JUST WHAT YOU NEED THIS YEAR
sfgamnut17

Postby sfgamnut17 on February 3rd, 2019, 1:46 am
This kind of random but why doesn't Six Flags put webcams out for their new rides. Cedar Fair does it why doesn't Six Flags

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
GREAT AMERICA, MAYBE A GREAT DAY IS JUST WHAT YOU NEED THIS YEAR
sfgamnut17

Postby MrsTaxi on February 3rd, 2019, 12:34 pm
sfgamnut17 wrote:This kind of random but why doesn't Six Flags put webcams out for their new rides. Cedar Fair does it why doesn't Six Flags

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

They did for X flight and Goliath. Wish they did for Maxx Force. :(
MrsTaxi

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum