Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Maxx Force NEW FOR 2019

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby JaminOut on January 15th, 2019, 11:37 pm
JackGlass wrote:That would be a great idea! On a side note, once Maxx Force is completed, Great America will be #3 for Most Roller Coasters in the world! Second place is shared by Cedar Point and Canada's Wonderland and first place is obviously Magic Mountain.

That is extremely impressive.

Mardi Gras Hangover discluded, correct?
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby JackGlass on January 16th, 2019, 5:12 am
JaminOut wrote:
JackGlass wrote:That would be a great idea! On a side note, once Maxx Force is completed, Great America will be #3 for Most Roller Coasters in the world! Second place is shared by Cedar Point and Canada's Wonderland and first place is obviously Magic Mountain.

That is extremely impressive.

Mardi Gras Hangover discluded, correct?

Yes! Plus, Eagle being counted as one coaster not two! 15 total!
JackGlass

Postby SFGAM_Hog on January 17th, 2019, 9:31 pm
No word from the park about Maxx Force lately though they did post some throwback thursday pictures and pictures of coasters including some Maxx Force rendering pictures on their Instagram story. The discussion about if Maxx Force will exit through Carousel Gifts...maybe SF will rename the gift shop to something like "Maxx Gifts" (idk lol) like they named the gift shop near X-Flight X-Gear. I hope that entire area where Maxx will be will get a little makeover and get opened up a little.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby LordMagnus101 on January 18th, 2019, 11:43 am
Whatever they do, I hope its done well enough to handle the crowds this thing will attract. I am glad it will pull people from other areas of the park, but if I remember correctly, the pictorium area is at a bit of a choke point in walkways.
LordMagnus101

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on January 18th, 2019, 3:05 pm
^ I actually haven't thought about that, but the good thing about it is that it would attract people in the front and there won't be much of a line for my top 3 favorites in the back of the park. :D
How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby Wisco Woody on January 18th, 2019, 4:15 pm
Let's face it, putting a taller attractive coaster with this low of capacity, likely never above 700 pph, and this short of ride experience right by the only guest entrance and exit is a bad idea. To hit or beat 700 pph with 2 single dispatch 12 person trains, they will need to achieve less than 61 seconds between dispatches and train motion. Even if they do hit that interval, this is still pathetic capacity and ride time for a front gate coaster at a park this busy.

Put on top of that the potential for a lot of downtime given its launch mechanism, though apparently S&S launches are far more reliable than those of Intamin, and you have a recipe for disaster with what will definitely be 2-3+ hour lines on Saturdays for a sub 30 second experience possibly reaching 4 or 5 hours. If Six Flags management isn't yet cogniscent of their cheapness and laziness in attempting to use a 700 pph or less ride as the front gate attraction at their #3 or even maybe now #2 park, they soon will be when countless guests rightfully complain about the ridiculous que time.
Wisco Woody

Postby SFGAM_Hog on January 18th, 2019, 5:38 pm
Tomorrow is No Coaster Con, lets hope sfgam is there :)
SFGAM_Hog

Postby ChicagoCoasters on January 18th, 2019, 6:12 pm
ACE confirmed they will be there on one of the ACE emails. I'm so excited. Does anyone know what the height requirement is for Maxx Force?
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby SFGAM_Hog on January 18th, 2019, 7:39 pm
^ Yay!!! I'm not too sure, but I woukd think 72 inches. Though I don't know.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby anewman35 on January 18th, 2019, 7:52 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:^ Yay!!! I'm not too sure, but I woukd think 72 inches. Though I don't know.

You realize 72 inches is 6 feet, right? Probably 54, that's what most of the biggest rides are...
anewman35

Postby SFGAM_Hog on January 18th, 2019, 8:01 pm
anewman35 wrote:
SFGAM_Hog wrote:^ Yay!!! I'm not too sure, but I woukd think 72 inches. Though I don't know.

You realize 72 inches is 6 feet, right? Probably 54, that's what most of the biggest rides are...

LOL I meant 54. I feel stupid now:/ I was thinking of something different at the time writing.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby ChicagoCoasters on January 18th, 2019, 10:04 pm
Thanks guys!
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby anewman35 on January 19th, 2019, 1:35 am
Wisco Woody wrote:Let's face it, putting a taller attractive coaster with this low of capacity, likely never above 700 pph, and this short of ride experience right by the only guest entrance and exit is a bad idea. To hit or beat 700 pph with 2 single dispatch 12 person trains, they will need to achieve less than 61 seconds between dispatches and train motion. Even if they do hit that interval, this is still pathetic capacity and ride time for a front gate coaster at a park this busy.

Put on top of that the potential for a lot of downtime given its launch mechanism, though apparently S&S launches are far more reliable than those of Intamin, and you have a recipe for disaster with what will definitely be 2-3+ hour lines on Saturdays for a sub 30 second experience possibly reaching 4 or 5 hours. If Six Flags management isn't yet cogniscent of their cheapness and laziness in attempting to use a 700 pph or less ride as the front gate attraction at their #3 or even maybe now #2 park, they soon will be when countless guests rightfully complain about the ridiculous que time.

Truely don't think that the park cares at all if the ride has really long lines. If people see a long line, they might think it's something really worth doing and want to do it themselves. Or they'll buy a Flash Pass for a shorter line. Or they'll come back again to try to get on it on a different day. I don't really think there will be that many people who go to the park and want to go on the new ride and then are very surprised/upset that the new ride has a long line...

(Besides, people make fun of the park for putting in rides like MGH that don't have long lines... People are going to complaint either way...)
anewman35

Postby gottastrata33 on January 19th, 2019, 4:23 am
I waited 3 & 4hrs for Goliath a couple times in 2014. That was after being in the commercial shoot. So I’m one of those people who will wait. I dont like it but I like to experience a new attraction with people who have never been on it. I’m honestly expecting this to have that long of waits.
gottastrata33

Postby CoasterDave316 on January 19th, 2019, 11:12 am
Wisco Woody wrote: To hit or beat 700 pph with 2 single dispatch 12 person trains, they will need to achieve less than 61 seconds between dispatches and train motion.

With only 12 people per train, 61 second dispatch times should be relatively easy. Also when a ride is new, they are usually very strict about loose articles, so that should help dispatch times as well. With a ride like this, I would worry more about downtime's then capacity.
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby JackGlass on January 19th, 2019, 11:22 am
They just released a POV of Maxx Force on Great Americas Facebook page!
JackGlass

Postby SFGAM_Hog on January 19th, 2019, 11:37 am
JackGlass wrote:They just released a POV of Maxx Force on Great Americas Facebook page!

Can't wait for this ride! Nice to know the station can hold the two trains at the same time.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby staticshadows on January 19th, 2019, 11:55 am
Marcus Leshock is posting updates from No Coaster Con on twitter. 2 trains with 16 seats each, 48” height restriction, single rider line, enter through Pictorium entrance, exit through gift shop, ride went vertical Jan. 15th.
https://mobile.twitter.com/marcusleshock
staticshadows

Postby UnclePennybags on January 19th, 2019, 12:29 pm
staticshadows wrote:Marcus Leshock is posting updates from No Coaster Con on twitter. 2 trains with 16 seats each, 48” height restriction, single rider line, enter through Pictorium entrance, exit through gift shop, ride went vertical Jan. 15th.

This is cool. Now that we know the entry and exit points, I'd like to know what they're going to do with all that space between the station and the gift shop. There's been a lot of good ideas on this forum about theming. I hope they do something nicer than the long, plain walk between Superman and Heroes.
UnclePennybags

Postby JT2002 on January 19th, 2019, 12:53 pm
staticshadows wrote:Marcus Leshock is posting updates from No Coaster Con on twitter. 2 trains with 16 seats each, 48” height restriction, single rider line, enter through Pictorium entrance, exit through gift shop, ride went vertical Jan. 15th.

So it'll have a bit more capacity than we thought, and I love that they'll reuse Pictorium's entrance! Also, the single-rider line is going to be Awesome!!!
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby SFGAM_Hog on January 19th, 2019, 1:03 pm
Hmm. Interesting there will be another car added to each train, since the video shows 12. I'm hoping the park will share construction pics since it has already started.

Edit: I'm laughing at the gp that finally realized how short the ride is
SFGAM_Hog

Postby UnclePennybags on January 19th, 2019, 2:00 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:I'm hoping the park will share construction pics since it has already started.

I don't know if we'll see pics or videos, but the park has now stated that construction updates will begin on February 8. Jiggidy captured a slide from No Coaster Con:

https://www.facebook.com/JiggidyNDG/pho ... =3&theater
UnclePennybags

Postby SFGAM_Hog on January 19th, 2019, 2:17 pm
^ Sweeeeeet!!!! I think an opportunity to sign track is amazing.

Edit: Someone said Tess was leaving, but she was at NCC. Also, I totally forgot Damien left!
SFGAM_Hog

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on January 19th, 2019, 9:43 pm
Carousel Gifts will also be receiving a makeover, so expect them to change the name to Maxx Force Gifts of Maxx Gear. Also I found something out, apparently there's a car engine named Maxxforce, so that's why they are probably going with the racing theme.
How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby SFGAM_Hog on January 19th, 2019, 10:02 pm
^ Bet they'll go with "Maxx Gifts" or "Shop to the Maxx" XD lol. I hope there's a little theming. I'd love there to be engine revving before the launch and then tires screeching during the launch! Those trains will be super cool.
SFGAM_Hog

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum