Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Maxx Force NEW FOR 2019

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby JackGlass on January 4th, 2019, 5:29 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:
JaminOut wrote:I’m just hoping they don’t run into any problems like they did with Goliath. Hopefully it’s open by Memorial Day weekend (and not June 14th haha).

By this same time I think Goliath was already way behind even if they’re were telling us everything was on schedule. At this point we had already had some extremely cold weather so I’m hoping this means with the relatively nice weather we’ve been having they maybe are ahead of schedule.

I remember, that was a nasty winter! There was no way they could get Goliath done on time with those conditions! So far the weather has been really good this year, so fingers corssed it continues! lol
JackGlass

Postby SaveTheWAVE on January 5th, 2019, 5:35 am
With respect to opening on time, Maxx Force has a few things going for it: Firstly, it’s a steel coaster and therefore much easier to assemble than a wooden coaster. Secondly, the total number of track pieces is relatively small. Thirdly, it’s been a very, very mild winter thus far as was mentioned previously by members of SFGAmWorld. If the construction of MXF is delayed somehow, I would think it would be due the launch system needing a little extra time to be tweaked, but I think S&S has it under control.
SaveTheWAVE

Postby JackGlass on January 5th, 2019, 6:31 am
SaveTheWAVE wrote:With respect to opening on time, Maxx Force has a few things going for it: Firstly, it’s a steel coaster and therefore much easier to assemble than a wooden coaster. Secondly, the total number of track pieces is relatively small. Thirdly, it’s been a very, very mild winter thus far as was mentioned previously by members of SFGAmWorld. If the construction of MXF is delayed somehow, I would think it would be due the launch system needing a little extra time to be tweaked, but I think S&S has it under control.

I agree. I think the new generation of compressed air launches have had most of their problems fixed. Six Flags seems to have learned from their past mistakes and only purchases rides that are proven and reliable! Look what happened with Green Lantern at Six Flags Magic Mountain, they immediately learned what a piece of junk it was, no longer buy Intamins and switched to the far more reliable S&S Freespins! I think they'll stick with S&S, Premier, B&M, RMC and possibly Mack in the future.
JackGlass

Postby ChicagoCoasters on January 6th, 2019, 12:46 am
I personally think and hope that Maxx Force will be better than Top Thrill Dragster. Definitely way more intense.
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby SaveTheWAVE on January 6th, 2019, 10:54 am
MXF will not be a one-trick pony. I personally believe that that as insane as the launch will be, it may not be the most intense part of the ride. I think that honor will go to the three consecutive inversions starting with the zero g roll until the dive loop. That’s three inversions in a matter of a few seconds with absolutely nuts laterals.
SaveTheWAVE

Postby SFGAM_Hog on January 6th, 2019, 10:51 pm
Does anyone have a guess on when the track will start going up? I'm hoping sometime soon.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby B&MGuy35 on January 6th, 2019, 10:54 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:Does anyone have a guess on when the track will start going up? I'm hoping sometime soon.

Last steel coaster we had built was X-Flight and they started vertical construction shortly after the new year. So I’m guessing we should see the same as well.......hopefully

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

Postby JackGlass on January 7th, 2019, 6:51 am
SaveTheWAVE wrote:MXF will not be a one-trick pony. I personally believe that that as insane as the launch will be, it may not be the most intense part of the ride. I think that honor will go to the three consecutive inversions starting with the zero g roll until the dive loop. That’s three inversions in a matter of a few seconds with absolutely nuts laterals.

This thing is going to be a GP magnet and one of the most photogenic coasters at the park! I can already see people in Hurricane Harbor taking pictures of themselves next to that support, lol. With V2 and Maxx Force, we're building a great launch coaster line up!...….. Speaking of V2, I saw some videos of Hangtimes light package at Knotts Berry Farm, and one of those light packages would look freakin' amazing on V2!
JackGlass

Postby SaveTheWAVE on January 7th, 2019, 3:01 pm
The “records” that SF tagged this coaster with with attract the GP. The ride itself will satisfy both coaster enthusiasts and the general public.
SaveTheWAVE

Postby SFGAM_Hog on January 8th, 2019, 9:00 am
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... lQd5twb6Ko

Page 62 there's stats and a layout for Maxx Force XD thought id share here. I didn't find this lol
SFGAM_Hog

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on January 8th, 2019, 3:12 pm
^ Thanks for the link and shows solid idea of what the layout fully is. This might be useful for a couple more things though :wink: .
How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby SFGAM_Hog on January 8th, 2019, 6:41 pm
_FuryBull_330_ wrote:^ Thanks for the link and shows solid idea of what the layout fully is. This might be useful for a couple more things though :wink: .

The answer could be obvious, but what? XD
SFGAM_Hog

Postby coasterfanatic on January 14th, 2019, 1:24 am
Don't count on a webcam for construction. The parks marketing/social media/commuications manager is leaving so there's going to be no one to care enough to put one up. Plus with park opening in 4 months, they still go decorations to take down.
coasterfanatic

Postby gottastrata33 on January 14th, 2019, 2:54 am
Wait who’s leaving?!

& wah. But we can all wait four months. This thing is gonna go up quick I think. I’m so excited for how it’s gonna look. Did we ever get confirmation on if the entrance would use the pictorium “gate” or of it’ll go to the STT exit path?
gottastrata33

Postby JackGlass on January 14th, 2019, 5:18 am
I don't think they've confirmed where the entrance/exit is going to be yet! I wonder if there's going to be enough room left over for a flat ride, depending on how much space the line takes up.
JackGlass

Postby SFGAM_Hog on January 14th, 2019, 8:28 am
^ Tess Claussen? Or someone completely different?
SFGAM_Hog

Postby coasterfanatic on January 14th, 2019, 12:26 pm
Yes, Tess. Not sure what her official title was but she was in charge of the social media/marketing, etc.

There was an interview with the designer of the ride. He stated that most of the ride fits between Whizzer and the train. The station will be at ground level, and the train will be on a bridge for a certain portion with the train crossing over the launch. He confirmed the ride is less than 30 seconds but there were aggressive as possible with it, so the ride will pack a punch the whole way. Based off the images and his descriptions, I believe there will be room for future rides in this area. But the Great America skyline will changed forever once again.
coasterfanatic

Postby gottastrata33 on January 14th, 2019, 2:38 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:^ Tess Claussen? Or someone completely different?

NO!! Not Tess! She’s so incredible. Damnit. She was from St. Louis I believe but was so sweet & had the best attitude.

& yes, all of that was literally said in the video. What’s that gotta do with my question? Lol
gottastrata33

Postby UnclePennybags on January 14th, 2019, 8:30 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:Did we ever get confirmation on if the entrance would use the pictorium “gate” or of it’ll go to the STT exit path?

I haven't seen or heard anything about the queues or exit ramp yet. You've got to figure that the exit will be on the opposite side of the station from the entrance. That would probably put the exit on the west side of the station (closest to Viper) and the entrance on the east side (closest to Carousel Plaza Gifts). You'd have to wrap the exit ramp around the north side of the station to go east towards Carousel Plaza. Because the station will be so close to the STT exit area, I'd think this area would be used for Maxx's exit, also.

Alternately, the park may want to add a back door to Carousel Plaza Gifts (CPG) and exit people through the store to possibly sell merchandise. Also, if on-ride photos will be available, they'd have to build a little shack for the employees handling this job, or move them into CPG.

Where would the entrance go? I thought it made sense to go through the old Pictorium entrance. This gives you the option of exiting through CPG (the entrance queue and exit ramp wouldn't cross). However, if not exiting through CPG, you could have both exit and entrance in the STT exit area.

My gut feeling is that the park wouldn't want the STT and Maxx exits in the same area as Maxx's entrance, so I'm predicting the entrance will use the Pictorium entrance and the exit will use the STT exit area or go through CPG.
Last edited by UnclePennybags on January 19th, 2019, 1:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
UnclePennybags

Postby gottastrata33 on January 14th, 2019, 9:36 pm
Omg you know what be amazing?! Is if they did a little tweaking to the Pictorium entrance & made that Maxxs entrance right? But made fake MaxxForce movie promo posters & did like a classic theatre entrance. Like “now playing MaxxForce” it’s a tribute to the theatre but also gives it a quirky theme just for fun. I frickin love that idea lol
gottastrata33

Postby SFGAM_Hog on January 14th, 2019, 10:06 pm
^ Six Flags? Anyone? This is a really cool idea. But I wish there was a larger/more open entrance area for Maxx Force like Goliath has.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby SFGAM_Hog on January 14th, 2019, 11:03 pm
Oh and Six Flags wrote in an email I replying to asking about a web cam, there's no plans as of now for a web cam :/
SFGAM_Hog

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on January 15th, 2019, 1:22 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:Omg you know what be amazing?! Is if they did a little tweaking to the Pictorium entrance & made that Maxxs entrance right? But made fake MaxxForce movie promo posters & did like a classic theatre entrance. Like “now playing MaxxForce” it’s a tribute to the theatre but also gives it a quirky theme just for fun. I frickin love that idea lol

They did something similar to that at Fiesta Texas with Batman The Ride. It was a good entrance to the ride and queue was great too.
How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby SaveTheWAVE on January 15th, 2019, 2:00 pm
Brilliant idea!
SaveTheWAVE

Postby JackGlass on January 15th, 2019, 8:47 pm
That would be a great idea! On a side note, once Maxx Force is completed, Great America will be #3 for Most Roller Coasters in the world! Second place is shared by Cedar Point and Canada's Wonderland and first place is obviously Magic Mountain.

That is extremely impressive.
JackGlass

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum