Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Favorite Memories of the 2018 Season

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby _FuryBull_330_ on January 7th, 2019, 3:07 pm
Another season has come to an end so why not remember our favorite memories of the season, you guys start and then I'll post my memories.
How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby SFGAM_Hog on January 7th, 2019, 6:31 pm
My favorite memory was teaser season and actually seeing the video of Maxx Force the night before announcement day. I also loved HITP and I hope it's even better next year :) 2018 was a pretty ok year for Great America.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby UnclePennybags on January 8th, 2019, 12:33 am
My brother and I bought Season Go-Kart passes in May. He thinks it's funny to bump me or spin me out, and he's gotten good at the latter. I've never returned the favor.

The second time we used our 2018 passes, it was clear right off the bat that my brother's kart was the fastest on the track and mine was the slowest. Everyone had lapped me once when this group of karts came up behind me. As I was starting into the far turn, I got rammed from the right, which knocked me into a couple of unseen karts that were passing me on the left, which knocked me back into the kart on my right while I was simultaneously getting rammed from behind. Total pinball effect over one to two seconds. I was about to go into the wall when my brother appeared out of nowhere, passing everyone on the left. The last hits caused me to lose control and I ended up T-boning my brother so hard that he lost control and ran headlong into the wall that I was going to hit. Full speed. That was the loudest CRACK I've ever heard on the tracks. Total karma.

No one was hurt, my brother recovered and lapped me again, but I still get a chuckle whenever I think about this event.
UnclePennybags

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on January 8th, 2019, 3:02 pm
My turn...

My favorite memory was when I first got to go to HITP and see all those lights. After that maybe it would be when I met JiggidyNDG (I don't see him often) for the first time. Outside of the park would be when I rode Steel Vengeance and met Taylor from Coaster Studios.
How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby Tardis1972 on January 8th, 2019, 8:09 pm
My favorite 2018 SFGAm memories are getting to go to the park in December and riding the coasters while it was snowing and the solo ride I got on BTR(last train of the night in fact) and V2 on the 28th. Of course there’s also getting to ride TT2 again.
My favorite 2018 memory outside of our park was my Kings Island visit back in October and getting a some awesome night rides on the coasters (especially The Beast and yes Firehawk) and the trimless rides on Diamondback.
Tardis1972

Postby JackGlass on January 8th, 2019, 9:13 pm
Holiday in the park! Without a doubt, it was amazing! I love this park so much, and I want it to be the best it can possibly be! Spending Christmas vacation at Great America is yet another step towards making this park perfect! I'm glad so many of you went and we all got to enjoy it!
JackGlass

Postby JT2002 on January 8th, 2019, 9:42 pm
Snow, X-flight, Awesome Lights and Shows, no food lines, perfect end to 2018!!

They definitely won me over this season with HITP. If it got this much attention and dedication from SF, I can't wait to see how Maxx Force will turn out.
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby SaveTheWAVE on January 9th, 2019, 9:49 am
I hold a lot of fond memories from the 2018 season. One of which was July, 23, my birthday. It was a scorcher. Many guests found themselves in the water park which created walk-ons on every major coaster. Goliath was in bat-out-of-hell mode all day, as was X-Flight, and even Raging Bull gave some good rides. Another was riding RB in December, climbing the lift, looking at an illuminated Giant Drop at 200 ft. Excellent.
SaveTheWAVE

Postby CoasterRiderSC on January 10th, 2019, 11:47 am
For me, there were several highlights:

1) Holiday in the park: I took my entire family once and then just me and my 8yo and we got on 24 rides! The Wonderland show was great and all the lights outside were totally amazing! It was much better than I expected

2) Career high for visits to park (15) and total rides (301).
3) New career high for total rides on a single day (no flash pass) with 50
4) Getting my 8 yo on Superman, X-Flight, Raging Bull and Batman (and even V2 at HITP). Also got my wife on X-Flight and she now loves it!
5) Going on Giant Drop 4x in a day with my 8yo! That's now my new single day high for that ride.

Memories outside of our park
1) Great Wolf Lodge - awesome water park and hotel
2) Mt. Olympus - loved Hades 360 and the swing ride
3) Indiana Beach Amusement Park
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby UnclePennybags on January 10th, 2019, 8:43 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:3) New career high for total rides on a single day (no flash pass) with 50

Wow. I went to the park 13 times this season and I didn't get 50 rides total. That day must have been a blur.
UnclePennybags

Postby Viper 88 on January 26th, 2019, 8:07 pm
Having dual dining passes from August through our final FF visit and bringing home our other lunch as dinner. Riding TT2 3 times 1 regular line wait 1 expedited line and 1 walk on TT2 A WALK ON!
Viper 88

Postby Coaster Justin on January 27th, 2019, 3:33 am
Going to Japan
Eating at Big Lou's
Holiday in the Park
Getting to Meet FParker185
Riding my 700th Coaster
Winning like 6 stuffed toys at Elf on a Shelf
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum