Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Maxx Force NEW FOR 2019

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby JackGlass on December 30th, 2018, 7:13 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzpCUzQB9rI

Looks like Amusement Insiders is going to have some drone footage of the construction site!
JackGlass

Postby gottastrata33 on December 30th, 2018, 8:59 pm
It was fun to see all the footers of the layout from Raging Bull today. The footprint is soo crazy tight. Also took a couple pics with the track Lol I haven’t had a chance like that since workin at CP back in the day.
gottastrata33

Postby ChicagoCoasters on December 31st, 2018, 12:40 am
gottastrata33 wrote:It was fun to see all the footers of the layout from Raging Bull today. The footprint is soo crazy tight. Also took a couple pics with the track Lol I haven’t had a chance like that since workin at CP back in the day.

Yeah it did seem like all or most of the footers were in place while riding Raging Bull. The track that is already here seems to be launch track, station/ brake run track, possibly transfer track, and what it think is the zero g roll track since it all looks the same. I may be wrong on some of that. Feel free to correct me. It also seems a some supports have came. I don't know if they are supports though since they are white and not black. It seems like they could be parts for the launch, to hold the air and stuff since it is a launch coaster.
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby JackGlass on December 31st, 2018, 7:14 am
gottastrata33 wrote:It was fun to see all the footers of the layout from Raging Bull today. The footprint is soo crazy tight. Also took a couple pics with the track Lol I haven’t had a chance like that since workin at CP back in the day.

I couldn't believe how many people were there yesterday! Holiday in the Park seems to be a winner!
JackGlass

Postby hgonzo on December 31st, 2018, 10:54 am
I was there yesterday and also surprised by the crowd! I thought it was a great event and hope they do it again next year!
hgonzo

Postby ChicagoCoasters on December 31st, 2018, 4:08 pm
It has been packed everyday I've gone to Holiday In The Park. The park did a great job for their first ever time. Holiday In The Park has been a huge hit. I hope it gets even better next year.
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby CoasterNick3157 on December 31st, 2018, 9:31 pm
JackGlass wrote:

I couldn't believe how many people were there yesterday! Holiday in the Park seems to be a winner!

It was a bring a friend free day too
CoasterNick3157

Postby JackGlass on January 1st, 2019, 11:23 am
CoasterNick3157 wrote:
JackGlass wrote:

It was a bring a friend free day too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GizXOU4jqzE

Speaking of bring a friend for free day, look at the crowds at Magic Mountain! :shock:
JackGlass

Postby UnclePennybags on January 2nd, 2019, 2:55 am
JackGlass wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GizXOU4jqzE

Speaking of bring a friend for free day, look at the crowds at Magic Mountain! :shock:

That's insane. I'm quite certain I've never seen any park that busy. Just crazy.
UnclePennybags

Postby Ilovthevu' on January 2nd, 2019, 2:47 pm
^This is all in the wrong topic.. No wonder I've seen so many users on here all of a sudden (It said 14 users). They think you are talking about Maxx Force. For Magic Mountain (which again is the wrong topic), it could have been a bunch of bad weather days in a row, and that was the "good" day. That is what happened at Great America, why Sunday was so packed. The other 2 days were not great weather days. If people have 1 day to go, and see 2 bad days, and 1 good day; they all cram on the good day. So, the good day gets 2 or 3 times the people it usually should get instead.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby SFGAM_Hog on January 2nd, 2019, 4:23 pm
Back on topic, I want Great America to have construction videos for Maxx Force like they did for Goliath! It was fun seeing the ride all come together.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby FParker185 on January 2nd, 2019, 7:33 pm
I'll settle for them just showing up at No Coaster Con in a few weeks, though getting blown off last year was pretty funny.
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby SFGAM_Hog on January 2nd, 2019, 7:49 pm
^ yeah, I'd be fine with that too. But there isn't much to say about a superloop XD
SFGAM_Hog

Postby ChicagoCoasters on January 3rd, 2019, 1:51 am
SFGAM_Hog wrote:^ yeah, I'd be fine with that too. But there isn't much to say about a superloop XD

I mean we did have to wait for awhile for an announcement for the name of the super loop. In my opinion it has the best name out of any super loop though. Getting back on topic, somebody may have mentioned this already but, I hope they put up a webcam for Maxx Force like they did for X-Flight. Along with the construction updates of course.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby SFGAM_Hog on January 3rd, 2019, 1:58 am
^ They did it for Goliath too! So I think it's likely they'll do one for Maxx Force. But where would they put it? Maybe on top of the trap door slides?
SFGAM_Hog

Postby gottastrata33 on January 3rd, 2019, 4:59 am
SFGAM_Hog wrote:^ They did it for Goliath too! So I think it's likely they'll do one for Maxx Force. But where would they put it? Maybe on top of the trap door slides?

That would be a great spot I think actually. But I’m pretty sure the last Inversion/brake run will be much taller than dice bomber/mega wedgie. Soo maybe not. Lol
gottastrata33

Postby JackGlass on January 3rd, 2019, 8:33 am
Joker didn't get a webcam, but it was a cookie cutter coaster. Maxx Force is on the same level as X-Flight and Goliath, it's custom and a larger addition. So hopefully it gets a webcam!
JackGlass

Postby SFGAM_Hog on January 3rd, 2019, 10:38 am
^ Yeah, I don't think they wanted to do a webcam for a ride like The Joker. We'll have to see then!
SFGAM_Hog

Postby ChicagoCoasters on January 4th, 2019, 1:18 am
Joker is just a Top Spin on wheels. I get why they didn't want to put a webcam up. I really hope they put up a webcam for Maxx Force though.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby gottastrata33 on January 4th, 2019, 5:49 am
So many of you are still so negative about Joker. It’s goin on 2 years. So let’s move forward to you complaining about how MaxxForce is only 24seconds & when they’re gonna build the other half of it like you still do 4 1/2 years later with Goliath.
gottastrata33

Postby SaveTheWAVE on January 4th, 2019, 7:30 am
^ Agreed. I know people who have ridden Hypersonic XLC. To a person they said that it was the best launch coaster they have ever been on, this includes a TTD, KK, etc...Maxx Force’s layout will be at least as intense as the launch. Duration won’t play a big part in the ride experience, in my opinion. But, hey, if folks want to poo poo Maxx Force, let them. Then they can put their money where their mouth is and stay home so the rest of us can get more cycles in.
SaveTheWAVE

Postby RBullFan97 on January 4th, 2019, 12:36 pm
Amen to that. People just love to complain it seems. Do you think if a park like Six Flags St. Louis got Maxx Force would they be complaining? Feel grateful your home park is constantly getting treated with new state-of-the-art coasters. As far as length goes, I think I've said this before but for a ride like Maxx Force the duration is really a nonfactor for me. It's all about the launch. That's the main draw. I'll be glad to ride this thing in a few months.
SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
SFGAm Ride Count 2020: Well, ya know...
RBullFan97

Postby SFGAM_Hog on January 4th, 2019, 3:30 pm
Thank you for that. I am actually afraid of Maxx Force's launch because of how fast and how quick it'll go! Cannot wait to see that double inversion in the skyline :)
SFGAM_Hog

Postby JaminOut on January 4th, 2019, 4:33 pm
I’m just hoping they don’t run into any problems like they did with Goliath. Hopefully it’s open by Memorial Day weekend (and not June 14th haha).
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby B&MGuy35 on January 4th, 2019, 4:36 pm
JaminOut wrote:I’m just hoping they don’t run into any problems like they did with Goliath. Hopefully it’s open by Memorial Day weekend (and not June 14th haha).

By this same time I think Goliath was already way behind even if they’re were telling us everything was on schedule. At this point we had already had some extremely cold weather so I’m hoping this means with the relatively nice weather we’ve been having they maybe are ahead of schedule.
B&MGuy35

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum