Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Holiday In The Park Discussion Thread

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby CoasterCale on October 10th, 2018, 8:58 pm
I've heard that none of the wooden coasters will be operating.
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby cliffhanger on October 14th, 2018, 8:44 am
If anyone from park management is out there listening, this song would be a perfect replacement for "The Carousel Song" during HITP...
https://youtu.be/pEnc8rzSY-o
cliffhanger

Postby UnclePennybags on October 14th, 2018, 9:54 am
cliffhanger wrote:If anyone from park management is out there listening, this song would be a perfect replacement for "The Carousel Song" during HITP...

I could see this as a replacement, but she says the word "Christmas" in the song. At Six Flags, I think she would offend fewer people if she substituted "booty time" for the "C" word.
UnclePennybags

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on October 16th, 2018, 12:48 pm
One problem about HITP, where will the Christmas tree go. You can't put it in the fountain then where can you put it.
How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby Jodon on October 16th, 2018, 1:02 pm
_FuryBull_330_ wrote:One problem about HITP, where will the Christmas tree go. You can't put it in the fountain then where can you put it.

How about the big open space in the area themed to a town square???
Jodon

Postby CoasterRiderSC on October 19th, 2018, 11:44 am
cliffhanger wrote:If anyone from park management is out there listening, this song would be a perfect replacement for "The Carousel Song" during HITP...

I love this idea!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby Ilovthevu' on October 31st, 2018, 11:47 pm
Before, someone asked the park what rides were going to be open, and they barely mentioned any that would be closed. I don't believe that anymore. Someone recently said all wooden coasters are going to be closed. That makes more sense to me.

My bets are really only for coasters of V2 (because it operated on a a HIGH of 40 degree day (NOT the LOW of 40) in November / one of the few / only coasters open during the BEGINNING of that day / until the temperature got warmer) - This was last year. Anyway, I'm going with V2, both Batmans, and the Joker as being open during at least part of the day. Whizzer is already closed. Heard about no wooden. X-Flight I feel is too heavy / bulky, and feels really slow during the regular season / not to mention in really cold weather. Sure, they could always play the let's hope for warm weather, and than we can operate X-Flight on a day when it's not that cold. For Giant Drop in the cold, I would think the releasing mechanism would get stuck at the top in really cold weather plus the cables whipping around on the tower because of high winds.

I don't expect this event to be a rider's paradise like people are hoping for. I don't think it will be like Kings Islands only having 5 rides open, but I wouldn't expect (especially a lot of roller coasters).

I have found that Tomahawk (a ride like Revolution) opens at Six Flags New England, so forget the all Huss rides might be closed. Revolution is probably going to be open if it's open at New England.

With rides, I just say don't expect TOO MUCH out of it because I think people will be disappointed if you think all these rides are going to operate like in June.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby gottastrata33 on November 1st, 2018, 6:11 am
With this event being so family forward, I cannot see Whizzer being closed though. But it seems like a lot of work to have that section taken apart & put back together in a months time.
gottastrata33

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on November 1st, 2018, 6:31 am
I don't know if I'm right but when I went to FF last night I saw some lights on the fountain. Maybe that's why they had to clear it so early.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby DejaVu2001 on November 1st, 2018, 11:27 am
https://www.sixflags.com/greatamerica/n ... 61tRi7EQls

Our brightest holiday celebration kicks off for the first time in park history on November 23. At this all-new seasonal event, you’ll find everything you need to celebrate the most wonderful time of year. Here are seven incredible ways our holiday party is better than any other one in town.

1. View holiday lights – from the top of a coaster!
Sure, you could drive around your neighborhood to see beautiful light displays, but nothing quite beats the view from above. Rise up the staggering lift hill on Raging Bull or fly to the top of Giant Drop to see the entire town twinkling at once. It’s the same views Santa gets!

2. Tell Santa what you want for Christmas.
Instead of visiting Santa at your local shopping mall, you’ll get the entire North Pole experience at Six Flags. Jolly St. Nick has come down from the North Pole and set up shop right here at the park. Step inside the warmth of his workshop to meet some friendly elves and tell Santa your holiday wishes.

3. Enjoy a fresh funnel cake – with a side of hot chocolate!
Not only can you enjoy all your favorite park fare, but we’re also introducing new seasonal selections. Keep warm with a cup of hot chocolate, flavored coffees, or soup and chili in bread bowls. Enjoy fall funnel cake flavors, holiday fudge, and decorated caramel apples.

4. Marvel at a 50-foot tall Christmas tree.
Our stunning holiday centerpiece is much bigger than the one in your living room. This 50-foot structure lights up each night with an extravagant ceremony and provides a stunning backdrop for your holiday photos.

5. Roast your own s’mores treat.
Our toasty fire pits offer a warm respite to chilly nights. As you heat up your hands, you can make your own sweet treat! Pick up a S’mores kit to roast a marshmallow over the flames and pile it on a graham cracker with melty chocolate.

6. Sing along to live holiday carols.
The sounds of jingle bells and holiday harmonies are sure to get you in the spirit. Our charming performers create new renditions of classic yules. Enjoy live street carolers, family dance parties, dazzling light displays, and more. You’ll hear traditional holiday music like you’ve never heard it before.

Just going to say though not to take anything in here as a fact, because I know one thing mentioned at this link is definitely false.
DejaVu2001

Postby CoasterRiderSC on November 1st, 2018, 4:43 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:With this event being so family forward, I cannot see Whizzer being closed though. But it seems like a lot of work to have that section taken apart & put back together in a months time.

Isn't it just one section of track that was removed from Whizzer that would need to be put back??

CoasterRiderSC

Postby DejaVu2001 on November 1st, 2018, 9:00 pm
https://www.sixflags.com/greatamerica/s ... n-the-park

Many of your favorite rides will be open during Holiday in the Park. While some of our attractions will be closed, we have added seasonal attractions and entertainment options for everyone in your party to enjoy! Certain rides and attractions may close temporarily during inclement weather. The following rides are scheduled to be open during Holiday in the Park:

Columbia Carousel
Snowflake Lane (Rue Le Dodge)
SUPERMAN Ultimate Flight
The DARK KNIGHT Coaster
The JOKER
BATMAN The Ride
Vertical Velocity
Crazy Bus
Sprocket Rockets
X Flight
River Rocker
Raging Bull
Peppermint Swirl (Chubasco)
JUSTICE LEAGUE Battle for Metropolis
Hometown Park
The Lobster
Hometown Fun Machine

There are parts of this page that are very clearly still under construction, but the Rides list under the FAQ section seems finished.
DejaVu2001

Postby Muck Finnesota on November 1st, 2018, 9:08 pm
A little surprised about Raging Bull, but I definitely didn't expect X-Flight. This is great. Can't wait.
Keep Eurofighters in Europe
Muck Finnesota

Postby RBullFan97 on November 1st, 2018, 11:12 pm
So every steel coaster except Whizzer and Demon are expected to operate. I was expecting more flat rides to be open, but overall it's a pretty diverse selection of rides. I'm excited to see if they do anything special for Chubasco or Rue Le Dodge.
SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
SFGAm Ride Count 2020: Well, ya know...
RBullFan97

Postby Ilovthevu' on November 1st, 2018, 11:44 pm
The balloons definitely should be able to open during this event as they are open at St. Nicohlas's Village in Dundee during December last year. Don't understand that? I don't see why Whirligig is a problem because on the same day last year when the high was about 40 degrees (again the NOT the low temperature), Whirligig was one of those FEW rides open when it probably was in the 38 degree range. Very confusing?

If Six Flags New England can run Tomahawk, I don't get why they can't run Revolution?

Raging Bull doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Is that just a hope & pray you get warm weather some days, and it will be open. They better turn off all those trims on that ride.

That page definitely is not done. They have under Christmas shows, ride Viper, and Hurricane Mountain (waterpark). lol.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on November 2nd, 2018, 7:29 am
^ Yeah the page needs some work but it's a good thing they have time to work on the page because HITP is only in a few weeks.

Also what is with Raging Bull running, welp I hope I don't or anyone else gets frostbite. X-Flight would be a nice ride to run during the event. About Merry Market Place, I wish it would have been in Hometown Square to keep the whole are themed. The rest of the things make sense and we will experience a holiday experience in Chubasco.

_FuryBull_330_

Postby Carlo on November 2nd, 2018, 7:45 am
This is not the final product as it is not linked to the website yet. Looks like they copied the info from Six Flags America and are updating it to reflect Great America.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Carlo
Carlo

Postby Tardis1972 on November 2nd, 2018, 8:39 pm
I knew BTR was going to be open but I wasn’t expecting all the B&Ms to be open.
Tardis1972

Postby coasterfanatic on November 4th, 2018, 12:47 am
You have to realize that just because a ride is open at another park for HITP doesn't mean it will for us.

The availability of rides depends on the maintenance schedule as well. Yes, Chubasco will be similar to what they do with Terror Twister.

Santa will be in County Fair train station. They have it all boarded up and hiding in the Eagle queue is a train coach painted and decorated for Christmas.

Giant Drop's last day was apparently today as they are apparently hanging lights from the top of it and making it a giant Christmas tree.

In terms of the B&Ms, Great America had to get clearance from B&M to operate them during HITP. I hope they do some cool lighting with Eagle, especially since it won't be open.

Looks like the website isn't fully final as the drop down for shows just lists all the rides in the park. Still, looks like it will be fun. I can't wait.
Last edited by coasterfanatic on November 4th, 2018, 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
coasterfanatic

Postby coasterfanatic on November 4th, 2018, 12:53 am
Ilovthevu' wrote:The balloons definitely should be able to open during this event as they are open at St. Nicohlas's Village in Dundee during December last year. Don't understand that? I don't see why Whirligig is a problem because on the same day last year when the high was about 40 degrees (again the NOT the low temperature), Whirligig was one of those FEW rides open when it probably was in the 38 degree range. Very confusing?

If Six Flags New England can run Tomahawk, I don't get why they can't run Revolution?

Raging Bull doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Is that just a hope & pray you get warm weather some days, and it will be open. They better turn off all those trims on that ride.

That page definitely is not done. They have under Christmas shows, ride Viper, and Hurricane Mountain (waterpark). lol.

This means NOTHING. The maintenance schedule for all the rides changes. There may be certain rides that maintenance wants closed to do off-season work on. A lot of the flats get dismantled or have lots of sections removed.

I would expect the coasters that are open to only run one train as well. Bull's 3rd train is already done.
coasterfanatic

Postby coasterfanatic on November 4th, 2018, 12:58 am
CoasterRiderSC wrote:
gottastrata33 wrote:With this event being so family forward, I cannot see Whizzer being closed though. But it seems like a lot of work to have that section taken apart & put back together in a months time.

Isn't it just one section of track that was removed from Whizzer that would need to be put back??

Whizzer is done for the year. The app says so and there's no way it would operate in HITP weather. They have problems with it during Freight Fest. Plus the entire area behind Whizzer is a construction zone.
coasterfanatic

Postby anewman35 on November 4th, 2018, 10:57 am
Pretty surprised they aren't open January 1st. Seems like a lot of the other parks are, and it's a more obvious day to be open than New Year's Eve in my opinion, lots of people are off work...
anewman35

Postby SaveTheWAVE on November 4th, 2018, 6:53 pm
^ Many people will be recovering from partying the night before. Riding a roller coaster hungover seems like a terrible idea. Lol
SaveTheWAVE

Postby CoasterRiderSC on November 5th, 2018, 6:32 pm
coasterfanatic wrote:
CoasterRiderSC wrote:

Whizzer is done for the year. The app says so and there's no way it would operate in HITP weather. They have problems with it during Freight Fest. Plus the entire area behind Whizzer is a construction zone.

I wasn't talking about Whizzer running for HITP but for the Last Call festival.....

CoasterRiderSC

Postby Ilovthevu' on November 5th, 2018, 9:17 pm
SaveTheWAVE wrote:^ Many people will be recovering from partying the night before. Riding a roller coaster hungover seems like a terrible idea. Lol

I can't agree too much with this. Yes, ADULTS might be partying, and drinking; but a TON of the people that ride these rides are not adults. You have a TON of teenagers, and younger which should not be drinking anything at all. The park is also opening at 2pm which should be late for the parents to drive the family to the park. I thnk it's dumb it's not open that day, but maybe it has to do with people get paid more money because New Years day is a (stupid / idiotic holiday- in my opinion, but oh well) holiday.
Ilovthevu'

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum