Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Maxx Force NEW FOR 2019

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby _FuryBull_330_ on September 24th, 2018, 5:26 pm
I don't think that's for Maxx Force. I think that is for Holiday In The Park if I'm right, you know where they put the Christmas Trees on.
How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby JT2002 on September 26th, 2018, 10:27 pm
Random Note: I find it funny that the Fright Fest guide map still has Pictorium's building on it, even though it says Maxx Force over it.
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby anewman35 on September 28th, 2018, 7:33 am
JT2002 wrote:Random Note: I find it funny that the Fright Fest guide map still has Pictorium's building on it, even though it says Maxx Force over it.

Yeah, I also was amused by that. Just another of Six Flags being cheap/lazy and not wanting to bother to fix the map...
anewman35

Postby ChicagoCoasters on September 28th, 2018, 11:59 pm
anewman35 wrote:
JT2002 wrote:Random Note: I find it funny that the Fright Fest guide map still has Pictorium's building on it, even though it says Maxx Force over it.

Yeah, I also was amused by that. Just another of Six Flags being cheap/lazy and not wanting to bother to fix the map...

Maybe they will even have the Pictorium building on the 2019 normal map next year.
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby SaveTheWAVE on October 1st, 2018, 10:33 am
^ Yeah, they’ll call it IMAXX.
SaveTheWAVE

Postby AirTimeDaz on October 4th, 2018, 12:25 pm
I saw this commercial on tv and couldn't stop laughing :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBiYM9gHm6U
AirTimeDaz

Postby ChicagoCoasters on October 4th, 2018, 11:49 pm
There are holes in the ground for footers for Maxx Force. You can see them while on Whizzer. There are also what look to be rebar cages near the construction trailer that is near Whizzer's break run. Unfortunately, I was not able to get any good pics so you guys will have to trust me on this.
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby B&MGuy35 on October 6th, 2018, 1:26 pm
Jiggidy has posted some construction pics from the park today. Gottastratta looked like those things you asked about are for the ride. Maybe the footers from the looks of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

Postby ernstwhere on October 8th, 2018, 2:46 pm
AirTimeDaz wrote:I saw this commercial on tv and couldn't stop laughing :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBiYM9gHm6U

On the name survey, before the coaster was announced, I actually commented that 'Maxx Force' sounded like an energy drink or a cleaning product. Ha!
ernstwhere

Postby AirTimeDaz on October 10th, 2018, 10:33 am
let's just hope our maxx force also gets the tough stains out! :lol:
AirTimeDaz

Postby CoasterCale on October 10th, 2018, 8:43 pm
Maxx Force looks to be a great addition and I can't wait to come back to ride it next season. I see it being as popular as Goliath during its first one and a half seasons but then people realize its rather short. For whatever reason most just want a good wait to ride time ratio. With that being said Raging Bull is still very popular.
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby jmanporty7 on October 11th, 2018, 8:35 am
CoasterCale wrote:Maxx Force looks to be a great addition and I can't wait to come back to ride it next season. I see it being as popular as Goliath during its first one and a half seasons but then people realize its rather short. For whatever reason most just want a good wait to ride time ratio. With that being said Raging Bull is still very popular.

Which is the exact reason why Raging Bull is still my favorite ride here
jmanporty7

Postby ChicagoCoasters on October 11th, 2018, 3:31 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:Jiggidy has posted some construction pics from the park today. Gottastratta looked like those things you asked about are for the ride. Maybe the footers from the looks of it.

Those cages for the footers were the things in was talking about. They are underneath Whizzer's break run just like I said.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby CoasterRiderSC on October 12th, 2018, 2:19 pm
jmanporty7 wrote:
CoasterCale wrote:Maxx Force looks to be a great addition and I can't wait to come back to ride it next season. I see it being as popular as Goliath during its first one and a half seasons but then people realize its rather short. For whatever reason most just want a good wait to ride time ratio. With that being said Raging Bull is still very popular.

But it has the trim brake that "ruins" the ride according to most on here! LOL

Raging Bull is close 2nd for me (behind X-Flight)
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby jmanporty7 on October 12th, 2018, 2:34 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:
jmanporty7 wrote:

But it has the trim brake that "ruins" the ride according to most on here! LOL

Raging Bull is close 2nd for me (behind X-Flight)

While the trim is a tad annoying, it does not ruin the ride experience at all. It’s still a great ride in my opinion!

jmanporty7

Postby JT2002 on October 15th, 2018, 10:51 am
B&MGuy35 wrote:Jiggidy has posted some construction pics from the park today. Gottastratta looked like those things you asked about are for the ride. Maybe the footers from the looks of it.

Here's a video of the footers from Jiggidyhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KKRsgF6IbI
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on October 17th, 2018, 5:43 pm
The ride is already starting to prepare to take shape nice, if only some other Six Flags parks started construction that fast already.
How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby Airboss on October 21st, 2018, 9:31 am
I took a photo of the construction site for Maxx Force this past Friday and photoshopped in an image from my NL2 recreation of Maxx Force. I think the ride will look fantastic!

Airboss

Postby jmanporty7 on October 21st, 2018, 11:48 pm
Airboss wrote:I took a photo of the construction site for Maxx Force this past Friday and photoshopped in an image from my NL2 recreation of Maxx Force. I think the ride will look fantastic!

Wow nice job!
jmanporty7

Postby JackGlass on October 24th, 2018, 9:48 am
Quick question... since 2012.... has Six Flags purchased any Roller Coaster manufactured overseas? B&M, Premier, RMC, and S&S are all Manufactured in the United States and it seems that those Domestic manufacturers are the only ones that Six Flags works with anymore. Possibly to save on shipping costs, tariffs, etc.
JackGlass

Postby JT2002 on October 24th, 2018, 10:21 am
Forgot to post this yesterday, but as I was driving by the backside of the park, I saw there was a semi-truck going into the Washington street entrance that had a ton of sheet metal rolled up in tubes. I was thinking that they might be for the foundation for Maxx Force's footers, but then again they could be for anything. Sorry that I couldn't get any pictures though.
JT2002

Postby JT2002 on October 24th, 2018, 8:48 pm
I did find however some images of some stuff coming out of S&S's factory: Image
JT2002

Postby ChicagoCoasters on October 25th, 2018, 3:28 pm
JT2002 wrote:I did find however some images of some stuff coming out of S&S's factory: Image

I wouldn't be surprised if the track ends up being for Maxx Force and the trains for Steel Curtain at Kennywood.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby SFGAM_Hog on October 25th, 2018, 6:23 pm
Yeah, that track looks like Maxx Force's awesome launch :)
SFGAM_Hog

Postby Funeralboy on October 26th, 2018, 7:42 am
JT2002 wrote:Forgot to post this yesterday, but as I was driving by the backside of the park, I saw there was a semi-truck going into the Washington street entrance that had a ton of sheet metal rolled up in tubes. I was thinking that they might be for the foundation for Maxx Force's footers, but then again they could be for anything. Sorry that I couldn't get any pictures though.

I did not see this personally but I believe Revcon Construction is on site drilling the caissons for the ride foundations. Those steel tubes would be the liners for the caissons they are drilling and pouring
Funeralboy

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum