Latest News
Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

The Definitive SFGAm Coaster Ranking Topic!

A Off-Topic forum to discuss things that aren't related to the Amusement Park Industry.
Postby RBullFan97 on September 7th, 2018, 7:15 am
Hey everyone. I know it's happened before where polls are given asking what your favorite coaster at SFGAm is, but most of that time that usually ends in something like 75% Goliath, 15% Bull, 10% everything else or something like that, and it doesn't really reveal anything about how much the other coasters are liked. So I figured for this game we could try something new.
The game is to rank the coasters at SFGAm from 1-14 (I'm counting Eagle as 1, even if it technically is 2 credits, it's basically still one experience). If you haven't ridden all 14, just rank the ones you've ridden. Then, the coaster ranked first will get 14 points, the coaster ranked second will get 13 points, third 12, and so on. I will continue to tally the points throughout the game, and once the game is closed (I'm not sure when yet, maybe the end of the year?), I will reveal the final scores. You are allowed to edit your rankings before the final vote comes in, but once I tally the finals, I will accept what you've posted at that time.
Hopefully this game will give a better picture as to how the GAm/enthusiast community as a whole ranks the coasters at this park.
In case you're wondering these are the 14 coasters we will be ranking:

American Eagle
Batman: The Ride
Demon
Goliath
Little Dipper
Raging Bull
Sprocket Rockets
Superman: Ultimate Flight
The Dark Knight Coaster
The Joker
Vertical Velocity
Viper
Whizzer
X-Flight

I'll reveal my rankings at a later date. I'm looking forward to your participation, and any feedback is welcome!
Last edited by RBullFan97 on September 7th, 2018, 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
SFGAm Ride Count 2020: Well, ya know...
RBullFan97

Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 7th, 2018, 1:37 pm
1. X-Flight
2. Raging Bull
3. Batman
4. Goliath
5. Eagle (red side preferred)
6. Whizzer
7. Superman
8. Demon
9. Dark Knight
10. Viper
11. Spacely Sprockets
12. V2
13. Little Dipper
14. Joker ( Six Flags totally got "clowned" out of its cash with this one :lol: )

P.S. Goliath is NOT my fave but I really do enjoy it. X-Flight is the best ride! Also, some of these were close to rank (Dark Knight and Viper and Superman and Demon). I looked at my ride counts data to see what I've been riding most the last couple of years. My kids love Dark Knight ( as do I) so we hit that one whenever we can. My rides on Superman have dwindled since they got rid of SRL. I ride Demon often because the line is always short and it's still fun! My 8 yo loves Demon and next year I'll take my younger daughter on it as well. It's a great family ride and entry level looper.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby RBullFan97 on September 8th, 2018, 7:20 am
I guess I'll reveal my list now:

1. Raging Bull
2. Goliath
3. American Eagle
4. Batman: The Ride
5. Viper
6. X-Flight
7. V2
8. Whizzer
9. The Joker
10. Superman: Ultimate Flight
11. Demon
12. The Dark Knight Coaster
13. Little Dipper
14. Sprocket Rockets

As great as Goliath is, if it was maybe 10-15 seconds longer it would probably take #1. I just love Raging Bull from the first drop to all the twists and turns, plus how long it is. American Eagle has been running really well lately (especially the blue side), although I probably still prefer red side for the extra hills. I think V2 is underrated by many. It may not be the most complex ride but it's just pure fun. The Joker would probably rank higher if the restraints weren't so uncomfortable around the collar bone (has anyone else had this problem?) And lastly, even though Demon is ranked 11th, I still enjoy the ride and go on it a lot. It's just the fact that we have so many coasters and something has to rank towards the bottom.
SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
SFGAm Ride Count 2020: Well, ya know...
RBullFan97

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on September 13th, 2018, 2:03 pm
My list:
1.Goliath
2.X-Flight
3.Raging Bull
4.Viper
5.American Eagle(Blue side preferred)
6.Batman: The Ride
7.Vertical Velocity
8.Whizzer
9.Superman: Ultimate Flight
10.The Dark Knight
11.Sprocket Rockets
12. Little Dipper
13. Demon
14. Joker (This is a piece of garbage)
I5. Mardi Gras Hangover (haha just kidding this can´t go on this list)
How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 13th, 2018, 3:09 pm
_FuryBull_330_ wrote:My list:
1.Goliath
2.X-Flight
3.Raging Bull
4.Viper
5.American Eagle(Blue side preferred)
6.Batman: The Ride
7.Vertical Velocity
8.Whizzer
9.Superman: Ultimate Flight
10.The Dark Knight
11.Sprocket Rockets
12. Little Dipper
13. Demon
14. Joker (This is a piece of garbage)
I5. Mardi Gras Hangover (haha just kidding this can´t go on this list)

Totally agree with you on #14 and #15 and that you had #2 and #3 ranked near top of list! I had Goliath originally at 3 but then I've been riding Batman a ton more recently since my wife now will ride it and my 8yo can just barely get on it.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Return to Off-Topic Forum