Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2019 rumors, thoughts, speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby gottastrata33 on August 28th, 2018, 5:02 pm
JackGlass wrote:
gottastrata33 wrote:
JackGlass wrote:[quote="Ilovthevu'"]I wonder if they are getting rid of that Houdini ride (It says closed for the season). Notice, it doesn't say coaster, but dark ride.

Wait a minute. This is Six Flags. They could literally get the Huss Troika from Six Flags Over Texas, put it indoors (in the Houdini building), call it Cyborg, and call it a new ride. It would be new to the park though.

Words don't really explain what ride this is going to be. An emphasis on spinning means a flat ride that is in the dark. Originally, I thought a ride like Justice League, but Cyborg themed instead.

I rode Houdini at Great Adventure and it was a solid ride! Not the most thrilling but really fun. If it's anything like Great Adventures, there's always a park in Gurnee where it would be welcomed in New England decides to remove it, lol

I’ve ridden them at Great Adv, New England & Alton Towers (who had the superior one) & they are solid rides. Very confusing & fun but simple. However, I’m not seeing anything on this “leak”.

Nice! The only Vekoma madhouse I've ever rode was the one at Great Adventure but it was really unique and fun! Sadly I've never been out of teh Country, but Alton Towers looks like an awesome park![/quote]

It is my absolute favorite place after Great America (this is home after all ;)) The simple fact that they have these ridiculous restrictions but not be held back by them blows my mind. The theming & details of those rides are just incredible. Love love love it there! Def make a trip, you won’t regret it.

So let’s comment a simple answer. Who here thinks it’s a coaster? Who thinks it’s a water park expansion & is there anyone here who thinks it could be a flat? Comment your answer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I dream of the 400ft "Great American SkyScreamer". x
gottastrata33

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 28th, 2018, 5:29 pm
^ I say coaster. I really cannot see them theming some type of water attraction "Maxx Force". And a flat wouldn't make sense there in my opinion.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby gottastrata33 on August 28th, 2018, 5:52 pm
Water park expansion.

Setting my hopes low. Lol
gottastrata33

Postby IssaCoaster on August 28th, 2018, 6:17 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:Water park expansion.

Setting my hopes low. Lol

Fair enough. I'm going by the facts and what would be reasonable here. With that, a rollercoaster makes the most sense. Mostly because a rollercoaster like the one rumoured would be a way larger pay out than a water park addition in the empty lot. The space is valuable, there will most likely never be a space like this in the park again. Also, Great America has doing very well in attendance recently and can do even better. It is the third most profitable out of the whole chain while also being closed for most of it's season which is incredible. It makes sense for the chain to invest heavily into this park. A good sized rollercoaster is realistic and not too much of a stretch.
IssaCoaster

Postby Mean Streaker on August 28th, 2018, 6:22 pm
Based on evidence I'm predicting a coaster, but I'm expecting a water park expansion so I'm not disappointed.
Mean Streaker

Postby JackGlass on August 28th, 2018, 6:26 pm
Roller Coaster!
JackGlass

Postby Mean Streaker on August 28th, 2018, 7:59 pm
What time is the announcement? I can't find anything on Google or Facebook.
Mean Streaker

Postby JT2002 on August 28th, 2018, 8:34 pm
Mean Streaker wrote:What time is the announcement? I can't find anything on Google or Facebook.

5 AM Eastern (so 6 I think) Thursday morning. Magic Mountain is the day before at 7 pm (central). Carowinds will also announce Thursday at noon.
Edit: this is from reddit moderators of r/rollercoasters
Last edited by JT2002 on August 28th, 2018, 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 28th, 2018, 8:43 pm
I feel like it was earlier than that the past few years like 3 AM? Well, things can change, I know.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby gottastrata33 on August 28th, 2018, 10:25 pm
Yeah it’s always been 3-4am here.
gottastrata33

Postby jmanporty7 on August 28th, 2018, 10:39 pm
if its 5 eastern then its 4 here
jmanporty7

Postby ilrider on August 28th, 2018, 10:45 pm
JT2002 wrote:
Mean Streaker wrote:What time is the announcement? I can't find anything on Google or Facebook.

5 AM Eastern (so 6 I think) Thursday morning. Magic Mountain is the day before at 7 pm (central). Carowinds will also announce Thursday at noon.
Edit: this is from reddit moderators of r/rollercoasters

I thought MM is 11 central (9 pacific).
ilrider

Postby Mean Streaker on August 28th, 2018, 11:40 pm
11pm central and still nothing from Magic Mountain.
Mean Streaker

Postby JaminOut on August 28th, 2018, 11:43 pm
There seem to be a few misconceptions. SFMM’s announcement is Wednesday, August 29th at 9pm Pacific (11pm Central). Which means if Six Flags releases announcements at 4am Eastern on Thursday, August 30th, it would be 3am Central. Time moves from east to west.
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby IssaCoaster on August 28th, 2018, 11:44 pm
Mean Streaker wrote:11pm central and still nothing from Magic Mountain.

It's tomorrow, not today from what I believe.
IssaCoaster

Postby IssaCoaster on August 29th, 2018, 12:11 am
IssaCoaster

Postby gottastrata33 on August 29th, 2018, 1:19 am
IssaCoaster wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/lake-county-news-sun/news/ct-lns-six-flags-great-america-ride-speculation-st-0829-story,amp.html
Interesting

Getting press already. Hmm. God I’m so anxious.
gottastrata33

Postby JackGlass on August 29th, 2018, 6:14 am
Maxx Force kind of sounds like an old cartoon from the 60's or 70's about a street racer, lol. In the last teaser they kept referencing "Him" So I wonder if the coaster will be based on a fictional character.
JackGlass

Postby ilrider on August 29th, 2018, 6:48 am
IssaCoaster wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/lake-county-news-sun/news/ct-lns-six-flags-great-america-ride-speculation-st-0829-story,amp.html
Interesting

Ha! They quoted one of my posts to the SFGAm FB page in that article.
ilrider

Postby AirTimeDaz on August 29th, 2018, 7:41 am
Happy Announcement Eve everybody!! Ok, final last guess.

Raised Expectation: Launch coaster that has a 90 deg. (or near) vertical incline and decent. 175 ft tall. Under 2 sec launch. Themed to racing. (maybe 2 to 4 inversions? from the teaser, the 2 girls tracing 2 circles?). Hoping for some major ejector airtime FINALLY and a couple cool, new first of it's kind elements. Would like it to have sections of black & white striped track with red trains. (Striped track would visually emphasize speed).

Lowered Expectation: HH entrance moved to the 175 yards to sky trails plot, HFM moved or removed, and some water coaster with stats slightly better than the last one they built.

Reality: North Americas Fastest Lazy River! Can't you just feel the MAXX FORCE?!! :?
AirTimeDaz

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 29th, 2018, 8:15 am
My final prediction is a launch coaster that is 175 ft tall, the fastest acceleration in North America, 2 inversions, and it is called Maxx Force. I really doubt a water coaster or any HH expansion for that matter.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby jmanporty7 on August 29th, 2018, 8:29 am
So i may or may not have made my final prediction, don't feel like checking tho, so here we go! I probably have gone way to in depth, but I was trying to piece together every bit of evidence to make my prediction.

Basic Info
Name: Maxx Force
Ride type: S&S Air Launch Coaster
Location: Pictorium site and land behind Whizzer. They will use the pictorium entrance for the new ride.

Stats
Height: 175 ft
Speed: 80-85 mph (based on chinese models)
Length: 3280 ft or 4000 ft (1000 meters in ft OR 1000 multiplied by 4 girls)

Records Broken
Fastest Acceleration of any coaster in NA -- 1.8 seconds
Tallest vertical loop in NA (maybe even world) -- 175 ft (My reason behind this is in the 3rd teaser when they show the number 175, and they have the girls swinging there arms in a circular motion)
jmanporty7

Postby Muck Finnesota on August 29th, 2018, 9:35 am
^ I'd love a bigass loop, but I hope if speculation holds true, and this is an S&S launcher- I hope it gets launched right into a top hat first.
Last edited by Muck Finnesota on August 29th, 2018, 11:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Keep Eurofighters in Europe
Muck Finnesota

Postby JackGlass on August 29th, 2018, 10:03 am
If they decide to spend $20+ Million and give us a genuinely bad ass coaster, I would be totally shocked. It's not impossible under this current formula, but it just seems highly unlikely based on the trends in recent years.

I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings. This could either be another let down or one of the best coasters at the park. Time will tell
Last edited by JackGlass on August 29th, 2018, 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
JackGlass

Postby IssaCoaster on August 29th, 2018, 10:04 am
Muck Finnesota wrote:^ I'd love a bigass loop, but I hope if speculation holds true, and this is an S&S launcher- it gets launched right into a top hat first.

Yes... please. But the large loop makes me think premier though. They could possibly use the new vekoma looking track for this ride too. I can't wait for this announcement. This may finally be our signature rollercoaster.
IssaCoaster

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum