Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2019 rumors, thoughts, speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby coasterfanatic on August 27th, 2018, 4:08 pm
^^The park has long considered Eagle as two coasters. The red and blue are totally separate ride experiences and do not have the same layout. The park usually has both sides open for a good portion of the day, but because the ride is at the back of the park, it's not necessary to open both at the start of the day, since the crowds don't get to that section until later in the day. But the park definitely considers it two coasters. They always have.

In regards to the attendance comment I made earlier, I happen to know several people who at the park (many of whom are in supervisory/management roles) and they said that park attendance has been "poor". The fruitloop is not drawing attendance as you can go to any carnival down the street to ride it.

Six Flags does not release attendance, nor do many other major theme parks. So that company that creates that report (I forget their name) likely uses information in the annual reports to guesstimate attendance figures. The park's attendance will likely finish around last year due to the bump for HITP

I went to the park in mid July this year on a gorgeous sunny day and the park was very empty. Never made it the back lot and no line had more than maybe a 20-25 minute wait. July is typically the busiest time of the regular season (not counting FF) and it sure didn't look that way. Bull wasn't even running three trains because it didn't need it.
coasterfanatic

Postby ernstwhere on August 27th, 2018, 4:09 pm
Putting all the clues together I think it will be a record breaking launch coaster called Maxx Force. Cedar Point has been advertising in the Chicago market and the park needs a major addition after Steel Vengeance. I have friends in Indiana that haven't come to SFGAM in years because the new rides weren't a enough of a draw. They'd def come for for a major coaster.

I don't get the short rides, long lines, on the cheap strategy. We waited over an hour for Goliath a few weeks ago, in the heat, and that's one hour not spending money elsewhere in the park. I'd think SF would have this metric figured out. I don't have an MBA, just an observation.
ernstwhere

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 27th, 2018, 4:22 pm
I'm hoping this isn't a short gimmick coaster. I really hope it turns out to be bad*ss and a decent length ride that punches in a few inversions. I'd like to see a large loop as a main element to the ride. We'll see on Thursday!
SFGAM_Hog

Postby gottastrata33 on August 27th, 2018, 4:26 pm
Here comes another Gottastrata33 rant....
Yes, this counting coasters that aren’t coasters has been getting weird. If we want to be technical, AE is literally two separate tracks with slightly altered layouts. It is two coasters. But it’s listed as one big one. Hangover, cmon now. No. Had they placed LIMs/LSMs at the bottom half, I’d be like fine. But again - no. Rcdb lists Harley Quinn (DK) as one, still on the fence there & Cedar Point is the only park that started to call their disk-o rides a rollercoaster but fight me - I’ll agree with that. However that means Surf Dog at KI & Tiki Twirl at CAGAm amongst the many others out there are coasters too. But this topic has been messy for a few years now.

As for six flags being cheap I’ll say this - yes & no. I do Agree that this “every park gets something new every year” process isn’t the best. But that it also isn’t terrible. Like at all. It’s exciting because whether you admit this or not, they are constantly finding new products no one else has until they buy it in bulk. But they do find new things to thrill guests with. However they’re usually smaller products by cheaper companies than the elites like Intamin & B&M who are very much at this point, luxury companies.

Six flags is putting in a new ride every year while CF goes years without an addition leading up to one massive “billion” dollar coaster. Which yeah makes it worth while. It seems SF is spending just as much but spreading them out into smaller investments. BUT if CF used this strategy, a park like Michigan’s Adventure would be a much better park. By now they’d have a skyscreamer, superloop, a free spin &/or an RMC. But they put no effort into it at all. It’s actually awful. So I’m sure MAdv wouldn’t mind being with the “dollar tree of parks” as you put it. You have to see perspectives from both sides. Be happy you’re Six Flags, you could be a valleyfair or Michigan’s adventure.
gottastrata33

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 27th, 2018, 4:44 pm
ernstwhere wrote:Putting all the clues together I think it will be a record breaking launch coaster called Maxx Force. Cedar Point has been advertising in the Chicago market and the park needs a major addition after Steel Vengeance. I have friends in Indiana that haven't come to SFGAM in years because the new rides weren't a enough of a draw. They'd def come for for a major coaster.

I don't get the short rides, long lines, on the cheap strategy. We waited over an hour for Goliath a few weeks ago, in the heat, and that's one hour not spending money elsewhere in the park. I'd think SF would have this metric figured out. I don't have an MBA, just an observation.

Six Flags is more of a regional park, and they get a lot of people from Illinois or Wisconsin. I'm curious as to where those people go that are from Indiana than. I haven't really cared to visit Indiana Beach SINCE they took out the Chance Chaos, and they also had a Chance Flying Bobs. At the time, I had the choice of Cedar Point or Indiana Beach, and Cedar Point still had the Chance Chaos, so I went there. Obviously, Cedar Point has more than that (It's gone now though.) Holiday World is another Indiana park, and I'm not even interested in that place. We got free tickets one year, and we didn't even go.. They don't have many coasters, and the smaller rides didn't interest me.

Kentucky Kingdom (in Kentucky instead of Indiana), I don't think is that great of a park still. It just doesn't have a lot, but Lightning Run does look like a good ride.

What could stop people from coming is the let's make every flat ride have a really, really short ride cycle like Hometown Fun Machine, Triple Play, Rue Le Dodge, Big Easy Balloons.

If Hometown Fun Machine really does leave, now you know the real reason. The people didn't want to ride a really short ride cycle that will start really, really slow at first, go fast for 20 seconds, and than end. They did make it faster now though. It's still kind of a short though. I really like that ride, and they stopped me from going on it (until a day it rained, and I tried it again) because of the very poor ride cycle.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby ilrider on August 27th, 2018, 5:22 pm
^Holiday World is an awesome park. Not a ton of coasters, but the ones they have are all great (except for the kiddie one), and their waterpark is superb too, with their two watecoasters. You have to ride The Voyage at some point if you love coasters. Free parking, free drinks all day, friendly staff, good operations...give it a try sometime.
ilrider

Postby Jodon on August 27th, 2018, 7:00 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote:Holiday World is another Indiana park, and I'm not even interested in that place. We got free tickets one year, and we didn't even go.. They don't have many coasters, and the smaller rides didn't interest me.

Not to turn this thread into a Holiday World "love fest", but I feel that your view on Holiday World is short sighted. Sure they don't have the number of coasters as other larger parks, but Holiday World is special!All of their adult coasters would be welcome additions to SFGAm, plus HW maintains their wooden coasters better than almost every park I've visited. It's well worth the drive and you just feel great at the park. If possible, I would highly recommend attending their Holiwood Nights event the weekend after Memorial Day. It is my favorite enthusiast event as they cater to enthusiasts unlike any other park.
Jodon

Postby JackGlass on August 27th, 2018, 7:08 pm
Jodon wrote:
Ilovthevu' wrote:Holiday World is another Indiana park, and I'm not even interested in that place. We got free tickets one year, and we didn't even go.. They don't have many coasters, and the smaller rides didn't interest me.

Not to turn this thread into a Holiday World "love fest", but I feel that your view on Holiday World is short sighted. Sure they don't have the number of coasters as other larger parks, but Holiday World is special!All of their adult coasters would be welcome additions to SFGAm, plus HW maintains their wooden coasters better than almost every park I've visited. It's well worth the drive and you just feel great at the park. If possible, I would highly recommend attending their Holiwood Nights event the weekend after Memorial Day. It is my favorite enthusiast event as they cater to enthusiasts unlike any other park.

Agreed! The Voyage is probably one of the best Roller Coasters ever built in my opinion. Holiday World is a very well kept and beautifully run park!
JackGlass

Postby AirTimeDaz on August 27th, 2018, 8:31 pm
Is it the 30th yet? Who the heck slowed down the calendar? I hope these next couple days fly by! :?
AirTimeDaz

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 27th, 2018, 8:40 pm
^I think people should pray that this ride doesn't have to be redone like the S&S Galeforce. You would might have to wait till 2020 if that happens just to ride this thing. lol S&S is no B&M! Of course, this is IF it's from S&S.

https://coasterpedia.net/wiki/GaleForce
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby Muck Finnesota on August 27th, 2018, 8:44 pm
^ If it's an S&S launcher, I'm praying it isn't anything similar to Gale Force (without even considering the downtime, which was probably specific to that particular installation). That's a coaster that's a good fit for a shitty boardwalk park, not a large corporate park.
Keep Eurofighters in Europe
Muck Finnesota

Postby Mean Streaker on August 27th, 2018, 8:47 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote:^You must be really, really, really upset than since they also took down your ride - Mean Streak.

I will just put this out there. Remember, the detour teaser. Dark Knight has a sign that says Detour with 3 lights lit - 3rd "coaster" in a row, on purpose lit?????

After this new ride is released (teaser over), and you go to the park Saturday, don't say I lied because they turned all the bulbs back on with the Detour sign. I know what I've seen. I'm just saying. I mean, 3 lights lit is kind of pathetic out of how many are on that arrow - 30 maybe, unless it's on purpose.

I was upset last year, but the fact that Steel Vengeance pretty much got its name from all the hate that Meam Streak received over the years heals the wound a bit. Plus, it has become one of the most loved coasters in the park.

Hopefully Maxx Force will fill the void.
Mean Streaker

Postby staticshadows on August 27th, 2018, 8:48 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote:^I think people should pray that this ride doesn't have to be redone like the S&S Galeforce. You would might have to wait till 2020 if that happens just to ride this thing. lol S&S is no B&M! Of course, this is IF it's from S&S.

https://coasterpedia.net/wiki/GaleForce

I wouldn't worry about that, the track for GaleForce was made by a company in Italy that S&S no longer uses. The new track for Gale Force was made by Intermountain Lift Inc in Utah. They are also manufacturing Steel Curtain for S&S. They also build coasters for Premier and Chance.
staticshadows

Postby FParker185 on August 27th, 2018, 10:37 pm
Word on the street from locals, is that the new Gale Force track is significantly roughter/less pleasant than the original Italian track, which itself was absolutely god awful
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby JackGlass on August 28th, 2018, 6:19 am
August 30th.... :lol:
Attachments
bttf.0.0.jpg
JackGlass

Postby staticshadows on August 28th, 2018, 7:58 am
Apparently, radio advertisements in the San Antonio area are saying Fiesta Texas will be open year round in 2019.

Six Flags New England’s ride was leaked on sfneonline.org.
staticshadows

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 28th, 2018, 8:09 am
^ What did they get? I couldn't navigate that site at all.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby staticshadows on August 28th, 2018, 8:11 am
An indoor spinning dark ride called Cyborg. Link may not work on mobile.
https://sixflags.com/landing-page-block ... age-blurbs
Last edited by staticshadows on August 28th, 2018, 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby JackGlass on August 28th, 2018, 8:14 am
staticshadows wrote:An indoor spinning dark ride called Cyborg.

Cyborg Cyber spin in the dark? That would be really trippy, lol
JackGlass

Postby DejaVu2001 on August 28th, 2018, 8:33 am
I highly doubt it's the same type of ride as the Cyborgs that opened in 2018.
DejaVu2001

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 28th, 2018, 12:17 pm
I wonder if they are getting rid of that Houdini ride (It says closed for the season). Notice, it doesn't say coaster, but dark ride.

Wait a minute. This is Six Flags. They could literally get the Huss Troika from Six Flags Over Texas, put it indoors (in the Houdini building), call it Cyborg, and call it a new ride. It would be new to the park though.

Words don't really explain what ride this is going to be. An emphasis on spinning means a flat ride that is in the dark. Originally, I thought a ride like Justice League, but Cyborg themed instead.
Ilovthevu'

Postby JackGlass on August 28th, 2018, 12:41 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote:I wonder if they are getting rid of that Houdini ride (It says closed for the season). Notice, it doesn't say coaster, but dark ride.

Wait a minute. This is Six Flags. They could literally get the Huss Troika from Six Flags Over Texas, put it indoors (in the Houdini building), call it Cyborg, and call it a new ride. It would be new to the park though.

Words don't really explain what ride this is going to be. An emphasis on spinning means a flat ride that is in the dark. Originally, I thought a ride like Justice League, but Cyborg themed instead.

I rode Houdini at Great Adventure and it was a solid ride! Not the most thrilling but really fun. If it's anything like Great Adventures, there's always a park in Gurnee where it would be welcomed in New England decides to remove it, lol
JackGlass

Postby gottastrata33 on August 28th, 2018, 2:38 pm
JackGlass wrote:
Ilovthevu' wrote:I wonder if they are getting rid of that Houdini ride (It says closed for the season). Notice, it doesn't say coaster, but dark ride.

I rode Houdini at Great Adventure and it was a solid ride! Not the most thrilling but really fun. If it's anything like Great Adventures, there's always a park in Gurnee where it would be welcomed in New England decides to remove it, lol

I’ve ridden them at Great Adv, New England & Alton Towers (who had the superior one) & they are solid rides. Very confusing & fun but simple. However, I’m not seeing anything on this “leak”.
gottastrata33

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 28th, 2018, 4:14 pm
^I'm confused????

This is what it says on that link (Previous page on this forum is the link):
"Six Flags New England has over 100 rides, shows, attractions and is home to New England’s largest water park, Hurricane Harbor. New in 2019, the park will launch CYBORG™ a new indoor spinning dark ride!"

The people at Six Flags New England forum say that it could go in the Hall of Justice building. I was mentioning Houdini because it's closed for the season, and it's in a building also.

I personally like the idea of a Hall of Justice where you can meet characters - as long they have a BIG sign that says "Meet your favorite super heroes here."
Ilovthevu'

Postby JackGlass on August 28th, 2018, 4:58 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:
JackGlass wrote:

I’ve ridden them at Great Adv, New England & Alton Towers (who had the superior one) & they are solid rides. Very confusing & fun but simple. However, I’m not seeing anything on this “leak”.

Nice! The only Vekoma madhouse I've ever rode was the one at Great Adventure but it was really unique and fun! Sadly I've never been out of teh Country, but Alton Towers looks like an awesome park!
JackGlass

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum