Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2019 rumors, thoughts, speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby gottastrata33 on August 25th, 2018, 7:36 pm
Haha I’m in that Goliath photo. I really hope it’s good you guys.

I will NEVER forget the feeling I had He night before he announcement in 2011 when that pic of XF goin through the corkscrew got leaked & posted here. My heart dropped into my stomach I was so excited. I’m hoping for that same feeling. Butttt we will see lol
gottastrata33

Postby Tardis1972 on August 25th, 2018, 7:37 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:
RollingCoasting wrote:The Reddit guy also said this:

"It has a really steep hill both ways at its tallest point. It also goes upside down a couple times."

"It's red and black." (The color scheme)

Just thought I'd share

Why would it be red/black when we have a red & black coaster down the way? Also SFOG better not change Georgia Scorcher!!

I don't think Georgia Scorcher is getting the floorless conversion nor do I think it needs the conversion. No closing date has been announced and I haven't seen any rumors to what SFOG is getting in 2019 still and this includes Screamscape.
Tardis1972

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on August 25th, 2018, 9:09 pm
Final Prediction:

Coming in 2019 the park is proud to present Maxx Force. Maxx Force is a launch coaster from the manufacturer S&S, and after working with S&S for so many years on countless clones (lol) we are proud to present the most original thing in the company's history with Six Flags. Maxx Force will be a record breaking roller coaster for North America and will break the record for fastest acceleration in North America and the best name for S&S in North America (yes we are serious I'm looking at you Steel Curtain). So come to Six Flags Great America and buy your passes and memberships for outrageous prices.
How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby jmanporty7 on August 25th, 2018, 11:00 pm
JackGlass wrote:Well, looks like one of my wishes has been fulfilled! A launch coaster in Pictoriums plot! Now onto the next.... Buccaneer Battle! Bulldoze that piece of shit and throw in a Raptor for 2020! lol

God please no raptor. It's operations would be a nightmare for our park. T-rex tho on the other hand, want on of those so bad for 2021/2022.
jmanporty7

Postby IssaCoaster on August 25th, 2018, 11:13 pm
What's this leak everyone is talking about? Did I miss something?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
IssaCoaster

Postby IssaCoaster on August 25th, 2018, 11:13 pm
What's this leak everyone is talking about? Did I miss something?

IssaCoaster

Postby anewman35 on August 25th, 2018, 11:51 pm
IssaCoaster wrote:What's this leak everyone is talking about? Did I miss something?

There was a page on Sixflsgs.com that said Great Adventure was getting a Giant Discovery named Wonder Woman.
anewman35

Postby JackGlass on August 26th, 2018, 7:51 am
SFGAM_Hog wrote:
JackGlass wrote:Can't wait until Thursday :-)

Yeah I included the Hangover! I'm OCD and wanted an even number. Please don't hurt me, lol ;-)

HOW DARE YOU! Just kidding, good job putting that together! I think Maxx Force will become of the best coasters in our park IF it is actually a coaster lol.

lol. Thank you! I agree, this thing might turn out to be one of the best rides in the park! I really like the way Anderson is building up our arsenal! It just gives people more and more of a reason to come back and buy passes! I just wish they would spend more on general park improvements, lol. Hopefully the $17 million they are investing over the next few years will help the park out.

I'd love to see Six Flags Great America get some masonry treatment to their buildings. I did this years back to the exterior of my garage (It was wood at the time) and it looks a 100X better and saved money in the long run. Something like this would really help sharpen up the park
Attachments
Substrate_for_stone.jpg
JackGlass

Postby IssaCoaster on August 26th, 2018, 8:18 am
I heard there were shipment containers in the employee parking lot. Can anyone confirm this?
IssaCoaster

Postby gottastrata33 on August 26th, 2018, 1:40 pm
IssaCoaster wrote:I heard there were shipment containers in the employee parking lot. Can anyone confirm this?

They’re filled with Takis.
gottastrata33

Postby SFGAmFan12 on August 26th, 2018, 3:17 pm
IssaCoaster wrote:I heard there were shipment containers in the employee parking lot. Can anyone confirm this?

Most likely Fright Fest decorations being brought in from storage.
SFGAmFan12

Postby IssaCoaster on August 26th, 2018, 3:17 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:

They’re filled with Takis.

That's the good stuff though. I'm not complaining. Free Takis! :lol:
IssaCoaster

Postby IssaCoaster on August 26th, 2018, 3:42 pm
At this point, my final prediction is an S&S air launch coaster with the fastest acceleration in North America. I'm trying to be in denial, but the evidence is just too great at this point. I'm even going to say that it is going to have a custom layout fit just for Six Flags. And this may possibly be one of the biggest investments Six Flags has done in a while here. 20 million? Idk. But I think this will be the best ride in the park and possibly a world class coaster. The park is doing well too. It's in the top 20 most attended parks in North America and improving. An addition like this makes sense and I'm sure this investment will pay off almost immediately. This park has a great future and I can't wait see what else is on the horizon for this park. Now in the future, I see B Battle and Demon coming down for a new attraction and Eagle, as much as I hate to say it will most likely be RMC'd. And for Demon and Battle, You close off the path that goes between the two to connect the two spaces and make the park be the simple one loop with the southwest territory. Just an idea.
IssaCoaster

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 26th, 2018, 3:46 pm
Yes, I doubt it'll be a clone of some sort. Fiesta Texas is the one to get rides that end up being cloned.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby JackGlass on August 26th, 2018, 4:47 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:Yes, I doubt it'll be a clone of some sort. Fiesta Texas is the one to get rides that end up being cloned.

I'm really surprised they never cloned X-Flight or Goliath. But I'm glad at the same time. I would rather ours be unique designs.
JackGlass

Postby Revi on August 26th, 2018, 6:25 pm
JackGlass wrote:
SFGAM_Hog wrote:Yes, I doubt it'll be a clone of some sort. Fiesta Texas is the one to get rides that end up being cloned.

I'm really surprised they never cloned X-Flight or Goliath. But I'm glad at the same time. I would rather ours be unique designs.

I do believe Goliath is being cloned for Six Flags Dubai... not positive but i heard that rumor somewhere.
Revi

Postby ernstwhere on August 26th, 2018, 6:27 pm
A friend mentioned Whizzer's station is being re-painted. Is Hometown Square sprucing up for a new attraction? Is that why HFM makes a conspicuous appearance in the teaser? I looked at the site and it's clear of Whizzer's spiral lift to the opened land. Also, the last teaser mentioned a 'world race', breaking a world record? I did the name survey recently and there was a naming question specifically about a coaster with the 'world's largest inversion'.
ernstwhere

Postby ilrider on August 26th, 2018, 6:32 pm
Revi wrote:
JackGlass wrote:

I do believe Goliath is being cloned for Six Flags Dubai... not positive but i heard that rumor somewhere.

It was on the preliminary map for the park. Not sure if things changed with their plans.
ilrider

Postby gottastrata33 on August 26th, 2018, 6:43 pm
I hope its original. I’m very thankful to this day that we have Raging Bull, XF & Goliath while no one else does.

As for SF Dubai, a few clones are shown on the map. Hopefully they make each one unique but there is a “Great America” section coming to that park soooo idk

ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I dream of the 400ft "Great American SkyScreamer". x
gottastrata33

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 26th, 2018, 11:17 pm
I found interesting news out of FIESTA TEXAS. The pr guy confirmed Whirligig (the same one we have) and their Huss Top Spin are closing down. For Whirligig over there, remember they have a Skyscreamer which is also a swing ride.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... pe=3&ifg=1
AND
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby gottastrata33 on August 27th, 2018, 12:53 am
Ilovthevu' wrote:I found interesting news out of FIESTA TEXAS. The pr guy confirmed Whirligig (the same one we have) and their Huss Top Spin are closing down. For Whirligig over there, remember they have a Skyscreamer which is also a swing ride.

AND

Wait what’s interesting about these closures? Are they near one another?
gottastrata33

Postby Mean Streaker on August 27th, 2018, 1:07 am
gottastrata33 wrote:I hope its original. I’m very thankful to this day that we have Raging Bull, XF & Goliath while no one else does.

As for SF Dubai, a few clones are shown on the map. Hopefully they make each one unique but there is a “Great America” section coming to that park soooo idk

ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wouldn't it be interesting if they cloned a classic ride like Whizzer or Demon for the GA section?

I'm curious if there is a company that would even attempt to remake them in modern style.
Mean Streaker

Postby gottastrata33 on August 27th, 2018, 1:13 am
Mack, Premier or Intamin would attempt it I think. & to be honest, I think when it’s time for Whizzer to go here, the park will be intelligent enough to “pull a Hulk” & rebuild an exact replica of it to give it another 30+yrs of life.

Do we think any park is going to see a 4D freespin/fly & Raptor Thursday?
gottastrata33

Postby anewman35 on August 27th, 2018, 6:36 am
Really don't think that just because a park in Dubai has a "Great America" section that the rides in it would have any connection to what's actually at Great America (why would people in Dubai care?). Much more likely that they're just using names they already own...
anewman35

Postby gottastrata33 on August 27th, 2018, 10:18 am
anewman35 wrote:Really don't think that just because a park in Dubai has a "Great America" section that the rides in it would have any connection to what's actually at Great America (why would people in Dubai care?). Much more likely that they're just using names they already own...

But it seems like that’s what’s happening for the Great America section at least. There is clearly a Goliath & Kidzopolis in that rendering. So it literally looks like a Great America section. Yet fiesta texas & Magic Mountian have nothing to compare. So idk why the choose what they did. We will see in a couple years what starts goin up.
gottastrata33

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum