Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2019 rumors, thoughts, speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby gottastrata33 on August 23rd, 2018, 6:22 pm
JackGlass wrote:If they end up removing Home town Fun Machine, I hope they move it to Sky Trails old plot. It's a classic ride but it's location is really bad. Putting it over by Demon in that Sky Trail plot would definitely make it stand out more.

Yeah but it’s location is so beautiful. They’d just be slamming it on concrete. Sure it would get more ride time but losing all that water & trees would be sad. But if it’s for a coaster, I can only be sad for so long haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gottastrata33

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 23rd, 2018, 6:24 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:If we get the world’s tallest loop I’m gonna be so damn happy. Lol it sounds like it’ll have an inversion. That’s what I’m getting from the crowd flipping out.

Honey,
We already have that!!

This years addition....remember?

Hahahahaha

B&MGuy35

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 23rd, 2018, 6:27 pm
^ Somewhere in this new teaser did they mention anything about a loop? Worlds largest even? Lol I just want to know if I missed anything in it.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby ilrider on August 23rd, 2018, 6:34 pm
^”You can hear the crowd roar. They are FLIPPING OUT over his arrival.”

Could be an inversion. No real clues about record setting loop, but that spinning record seems to point to the ride setting a record of some sort.
ilrider

Postby gottastrata33 on August 23rd, 2018, 7:20 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:
gottastrata33 wrote:If we get the world’s tallest loop I’m gonna be so damn happy. Lol it sounds like it’ll have an inversion. That’s what I’m getting from the crowd flipping out.

Honey,
We already have that!!

This years addition....remember?

Hahahahaha

Oh darling, silly me how could I forget?! LOL
gottastrata33

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 23rd, 2018, 7:46 pm
Watch it be a Skywarp :/ XD
SFGAM_Hog

Postby RBullFan97 on August 23rd, 2018, 7:55 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:Watch it be a Skywarp :/ XD

(In Michael Scott voice) NO GOD NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Lol, but in all seriousness, I've really enjoyed this teaser campaign. It's left us all scratching our heads. Although I'm trying not to get my hopes up, the way they've described it make it seem right for a dry park coaster. I mean, reach for the sky, flipping out, this doesn't sound like a water coaster to me. It's also interesting that they went out of their way to show Hometown Fun Machine as that shot was pretty irrelevant to the story, so it makes you wonder if that'll be moved. I don't think it needs to be considering even if you kept HTFM there it's still a big plot of land, plus I feel like we might've heard something by now about its removal/relocation. Plus it's listed on the Fright Fest page meaning it's staying at least until the end of October.
SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
SFGAm Ride Count 2020: Well, ya know...
RBullFan97

Postby IssaCoaster on August 23rd, 2018, 11:04 pm
To be honest, I thought the guy was just encompassing where the attraction would be located in the park and how far the layout would reach out to. Who knows. I just hope that North America's best, means North America's best launch coaster :lol:
IssaCoaster

Postby bearcub12 on August 23rd, 2018, 11:16 pm
It could just be the day it was filmed, but I think it’s worth noting both of the videos in the Park were on days the ground was fairly obviously wet. May not mean anything, but I don’t think we can throw it out of our minds just yet.
bearcub12

Postby JT2002 on August 23rd, 2018, 11:23 pm
IssaCoaster wrote:To be honest, I thought the guy was just encompassing where the attraction would be located in the park and how far the layout would reach out to. Who knows. I just hope that North America's best, means North America's best launch coaster :lol:

Yeah, I mean, why else would they have chosen to do that "race" through that area of the park. They could've just had it in Hurricane Harbor to further the water park expansion speculation.
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby Mean Streaker on August 23rd, 2018, 11:56 pm
bearcub12 wrote:It could just be the day it was filmed, but I think it’s worth noting both of the videos in the Park were on days the ground was fairly obviously wet. May not mean anything, but I don’t think we can throw it out of our minds just yet.

I was thinking about that.

I going to say rain, I don't think the park would purposely wet that much ground as a hint.
Mean Streaker

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 23rd, 2018, 11:58 pm
Nevermind.
Last edited by Ilovthevu' on August 24th, 2018, 12:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby IssaCoaster on August 24th, 2018, 12:13 am
Ilovthevu' wrote:In every one of these videos, they keep mentioning or something deals with sky. Skyline, Sky Screamer (I really doubt it, but we are one of the couple Six Flags parks that doesn't have one), Skyrocket by Premier.

I wondered if premier could be another company that could come and make the launch coaster at our park. It wouldn't be a bad idea tbh.
IssaCoaster

Postby gottastrata33 on August 24th, 2018, 1:22 am
IssaCoaster wrote:
Ilovthevu' wrote:In every one of these videos, they keep mentioning or something deals with sky. Skyline, Sky Screamer (I really doubt it, but we are one of the couple Six Flags parks that doesn't have one), Skyrocket by Premier.

I wondered if premier could be another company that could come and make the launch coaster at our park. It wouldn't be a bad idea tbh.

Their launch coasters are great!!
gottastrata33

Postby JimPanky on August 24th, 2018, 4:18 am
The numbers tell us the most. We have:
2 seconds
175 yards
The 2 seconds leads me to believe it will be a launcher that reaches it's top speed in 2 seconds.

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk
JimPanky

Postby IssaCoaster on August 24th, 2018, 7:28 am
JimPanky wrote:The numbers tell us the most. We have:
2 seconds
175 yards
The 2 seconds leads me to believe it will be a launcher that reaches it's top speed in 2 seconds.

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk

This may not mean anything, but there were four people with the spf 1000 bottle. Could it be 4000ft? I doubt it, but it could be possible. And that 2 seconds is what leads me to believe this will be an S&S launch... unless premier beefed up their launch system. Now I have to wait until the announcement is made to see how exciting(or dissapointing) the attraction. For now, I'm going to dig deeper. They've been really good at keeping their new attractions a secret at Six flags. Oh yeah, I higly suspect something will happen with the hometown fun machine. That wave from the girl just standing in front of it is just too much to ignore. I think it will be scrapped tbh.
IssaCoaster

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 24th, 2018, 7:45 am
^ I still think they'll move the County Fair sign back and put HTFM in Sky Trail's place. The only thing is, where would the graveyard go?
SFGAM_Hog

Postby cliffhanger on August 24th, 2018, 8:23 am
SFGAM_Hog wrote:^ I still think they'll move the County Fair sign back and put HTFM in Sky Trail's place. The only thing is, where would the graveyard go?

Why would they need to move the sign?
cliffhanger

Postby JackGlass on August 24th, 2018, 9:51 am
If HTFM were moved to Sky Trails spot, they would probably just rename it to the County Fair Fun Machine, lol. Didn't HTFM used to be in Yukon Territory a long time ago?
JackGlass

Postby jmanporty7 on August 24th, 2018, 9:54 am
Yes as Saskatchewan Scrambler.
jmanporty7

Postby JackGlass on August 24th, 2018, 10:07 am
jmanporty7 wrote:Yes as Saskatchewan Scrambler.

Yes that's it! Those old skool flat rides just can't be beat. I really liked what they did with the East River Crawler, changing its name back to the Lobster.

Next time they decide to give us a flat ride package I would love to see them bring a flying scooter back to Yankee Harbor and just move Whirligig somewhere else. The Davy Jones Dinghies looked like it was a really fun ride.
Attachments
dinghies001.jpg
JackGlass

Postby Jodon on August 24th, 2018, 10:16 am
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I really believe that this coaster will have at least one giant inversion, likely a loop. At the end of the 3rd video, the girls do a weird looping motion when they are pointing the direction for the guy to run. Could be nothing, but it stuck out to me as planned as it's not natural.
Jodon

Postby Mean Streaker on August 24th, 2018, 10:55 am
Jodon wrote:Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I really believe that this coaster will have at least one giant inversion, likely a loop. At the end of the 3rd video, the girls do a weird looping motion when they are pointing the direction for the guy to run. Could be nothing, but it stuck out to me as planned as it's not natural.

Could it be something like Full Throttle? If so it's definitely not a clone of whatever MM is getting.
Mean Streaker

Postby JT2002 on August 24th, 2018, 11:06 am
Marcus Leshock gave his own 2 cents on what he thinks is cominghttps://wgntv.com/2018/08/24/wgn-marcus-leshock-speculates-on-whats-coming-to-six-flags-great-america/. He's always doing something with the park, so maybe this is true?
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby IssaCoaster on August 24th, 2018, 11:24 am
JT2002 wrote:Marcus Leshock gave his own 2 cents on what he thinks is cominghttps://wgntv.com/2018/08/24/wgn-marcus-leshock-speculates-on-whats-coming-to-six-flags-great-america/. He's always doing something with the park, so maybe this is true?

I wish this whole record breaking thing would stop. Breaking records is not everthing. I care about how good the ride is. A really good example, Maverick at CP. But it's Six Flags so idk.
IssaCoaster

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum