Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2019 rumors, thoughts, speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby IssaCoaster on August 21st, 2018, 2:57 pm
JaminOut wrote:Well, whatever we are getting will definitely be better than what Cedar Point, Kings Island, and likely what Valleyfair and Holiday World are getting...

LOL
IssaCoaster

Postby ilrider on August 21st, 2018, 4:14 pm
JaminOut wrote:Well, whatever we are getting will definitely be better than what Cedar Point, Kings Island, and likely what Valleyfair and Holiday World are getting...

Don’t forget Michigan’s Adventure. lol
ilrider

Postby gottastrata33 on August 21st, 2018, 5:31 pm
Yeah & 2020 they’ll blow our heads off. Six flags is really good about hiding their investments & it’s crazy. Hoping we have another Superman (SFDK) moment here. No one saw that coming.
gottastrata33

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 21st, 2018, 5:36 pm
Apparently Magic Mountain's announcement is on August 29th rather than August 30th.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby staticshadows on August 21st, 2018, 5:42 pm
I flipped Bullet Coaster and changed the angle of the second half of the coaster so it goes into the Sky Trail area.
staticshadows

Postby SFGAmFan12 on August 21st, 2018, 6:39 pm

Off subject but what is Holiday World getting? I can’t believe they left the Giraffica/Pilgrams Plunge area so visibly empty this long. I feel like they overextended themselves building Thunderbird and each year since has been extremely small additions compared to the years leading to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SFGAmFan12

Postby gottastrata33 on August 21st, 2018, 6:49 pm
staticshadows wrote:I flipped Bullet Coaster and changed the angle of the second half of the coaster so it goes into the Sky Trail area.

Whoa.
gottastrata33

Postby bearcub12 on August 21st, 2018, 8:04 pm
staticshadows wrote:I flipped Bullet Coaster and changed the angle of the second half of the coaster so it goes into the Sky Trail area.

It’s only 196 feet tall, so that part seems to add up. I just don’t see anything that correlates to any of numbers we’ve gotten in the videos so far.
bearcub12

Postby IssaCoaster on August 21st, 2018, 8:21 pm
bearcub12 wrote:

It’s only 196 feet tall, so that part seems to add up. I just don’t see anything that correlates to any of numbers we’ve gotten in the videos so far.

This leads me to believe that it will be a custom S&S launch coming Great America. If that's what it is. I highly doubt it though. I don't want to get my hopes up.
Last edited by IssaCoaster on August 21st, 2018, 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IssaCoaster

Postby JT2002 on August 21st, 2018, 8:44 pm

Cedar Point's addition looks pretty fun actually. Noting thrilling, but something that seems very well-themed and something you would find at Disney that the kids love (a.k.a. something Six Flags would never do or even think of).
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby gottastrata33 on August 22nd, 2018, 12:14 am
coaster cupcake uploaded a fun speculation video.
gottastrata33

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 22nd, 2018, 12:40 am
gottastrata33 wrote:coaster cupcake uploaded a fun speculation video.

Park Brothers has a good video about layout for Magic Mountain with tons of markings now visible. If we’re getting a clone of what they’re getting it will kind give you a idea on how large this installation will be.

Again this is only speculation we’re getting the same thing as we’re the only 2 parks teasing a racing theme and launch.

Only thing is their announcement is supposedly on the 29th before the chain wide announcement so that would indicate that maybe we aren’t seeing a cloned ride since nothing has been released on a early announcement for us.
B&MGuy35

Postby gottastrata33 on August 22nd, 2018, 1:21 am
B&MGuy35 wrote:

Park Brothers has a good video about layout for Magic Mountain with tons of markings now visible. If we’re getting a clone of what they’re getting it will kind give you a idea on how large this installation will be.

Again this is only speculation we’re getting the same thing as we’re the only 2 parks teasing a racing theme and launch.

Only thing is their announcement is supposedly on the 29th before the chain wide announcement so that would indicate that maybe we aren’t seeing a cloned ride since nothing has been released on a early announcement for us.

That makes me believe we’re about to see another SFFT vs CGAm situation. meaning - Magic Mountain wants to announce something right before someone else does to be the first. Idk

I’m gonna be honest, a friend of mine claims that while he’s unaware of what is actually coming, was told to not be too excited. The last time he told me I shoukd Be very excited was before Goliaths layout was shown. Sooo now I’m even more skeptical than before.

Maybe that plot of land will stay empty a year or so before something does go in much like Iron Wolf/SWF, & RaginCajun’s plots. Obv something much better went into all those plots but still. There’s so much up in the air at this point & im still leaning towards a water park addition. But that’s also mainly so I dont get disappointed.
gottastrata33

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 22nd, 2018, 1:27 am
^ I don’t agree that land will stay vacant. They have already stated the site is for 2019 and it’s posted on the sign in the park as well. Now don’t get me wrong this is Six Flags but still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

Postby gottastrata33 on August 22nd, 2018, 2:52 am
True. Lol

I will never forget Hank stoppin me over a T-shirt I made (Stupid 15yr old me) that read “RIP Déjà Vu. $&@! this, I’m headin to Cedar Point” & telling me “what goes in its place next year will be an inspiration to burn those shirts (friend was wearing one as well). Well I kept the damn shirt cause Battle went in in 2009. & I didnt get rid of it until 2012. ;) so it makes me wonder how often plans change or don’t go as well - planned. I really do feel we were ready for a waterpark year & if it really isn’t happening in 2019, there’s no way it’s not happening in 2020 & I expect it to be big. Cause whether you are a person who likes it or not, the water park does well & is a great addition I’m glad to have here. With that said, it deserves a new addition. Just not in that perfect plot of land we have cleared right now.
gottastrata33

Postby JackGlass on August 22nd, 2018, 3:51 am
gottastrata33 wrote:True. Lol

I will never forget Hank stoppin me over a T-shirt I made (Stupid 15yr old me) that read “RIP Déjà Vu. $&@! this, I’m headin to Cedar Point” & telling me “what goes in its place next year will be an inspiration to burn those shirts (friend was wearing one as well). Well I kept the damn shirt cause Battle went in in 2009. & I didnt get rid of it until 2012. ;) so it makes me wonder how often plans change or don’t go as well - planned. I really do feel we were ready for a waterpark year & if it really isn’t happening in 2019, there’s no way it’s not happening in 2020 & I expect it to be big. Cause whether you are a person who likes it or not, the water park does well & is a great addition I’m glad to have here. With that said, it deserves a new addition. Just not in that perfect plot of land we have cleared right now.

You weren't stupid, you were just expressing how you felt. I remember how upset i was back in 2002 when Whizzer was supposed to leave, I called the park and left them a message begging them not to remove it. I felt that Whizzer was the heart and soul of the park and removing it would utterly damage the park in the long run. Thank God enough people said something and they spared it. I probably would have never gone back to the park had they removed Whizzer.
JackGlass

Postby anewman35 on August 22nd, 2018, 6:56 am
The SFMM announcement is apparently the night of the ,29th at 9:00 PM Pacific, so it's really only like 6 hours before everyone else (and a lot of years some or all of the announcements have leaked by that point anyway). Point is, this may just be an attempt by SFMM to get a bigger story on the local nightly news (they have a different level of competition out there) and most of the country wouldn't see it until the same time the rest of the stuff comes out anyway. So I don't think it does anything to disprove the idea that we might get the same thing.
anewman35

Postby IssaCoaster on August 22nd, 2018, 9:20 am
gottastrata33 wrote:
B&MGuy35 wrote:

That makes me believe we’re about to see another SFFT vs CGAm situation. meaning - Magic Mountain wants to announce something right before someone else does to be the first. Idk

I’m gonna be honest, a friend of mine claims that while he’s unaware of what is actually coming, was told to not be too excited. The last time he told me I shoukd Be very excited was before Goliaths layout was shown. Sooo now I’m even more skeptical than before.

Maybe that plot of land will stay empty a year or so before something does go in much like Iron Wolf/SWF, & RaginCajun’s plots. Obv something much better went into all those plots but still. There’s so much up in the air at this point & im still leaning towards a water park addition. But that’s also mainly so I dont get disappointed.

Something tells me that they wouldn't clear all of this land for a huge let down. I hope Six flags knows how valuable this space is and utilizes it like it should be. There is no way we will get this kind of space again. Unless they use the space behind the employee parking lot and move the park outward. I'm still thinking this is a dry park addition. I'm just skeptical about the S&S launch.
IssaCoaster

Postby JackGlass on August 22nd, 2018, 9:46 am
This would probably cost close to $100 Million and almost certainly involve eminent domain. But they could purchase that entire block of houses, rebuild the employee parking lot and all of the buildings in the back of the park in the blue area, and have tons of room let over for an on site hotel and enough rides for the next 50 years.

Maybe if Kieran Burke and Premier Parks ever buy out Six Flags again, lol
Attachments
g13591mm17i001.gif
Last edited by JackGlass on August 22nd, 2018, 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
JackGlass

Postby staticshadows on August 22nd, 2018, 10:22 am
B&MGuy35 wrote:

On the Inside Universal forums, someone is claiming that the media invite for Magic Mountain says it's for a World's First. Our teasers seem to indicate some sort of record will be broken, but I see nothing indicating a world's first. Based on the markers at Magic Mountain, I do think they are getting a different ride.
staticshadows

Postby JT2002 on August 22nd, 2018, 10:34 am
staticshadows wrote:
B&MGuy35 wrote:

On the Inside Universal forums, someone is claiming that the media invite for Magic Mountain says it's for a World's First. Our teasers seem to indicate some sort of record will be broken, but I see nothing indicating a world's first. Based on the markers at Magic Mountain, I do think they are getting a different ride.

Don't they have markers out already that indicate supports? We have nothing like that yet. I would agree more and more that we are getting something different from Magic Mountain. This could be good or bad.
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby gottastrata33 on August 22nd, 2018, 10:53 am
Buying out people’s homes from them sounds exhausting. You’d have to offer them each so much money & the process would take years. It would be nice though to be able to expland, no doubt.

As for SFMM, um, exciting! Unless it’s a weird ass world’s first like the first suspended stand up lol

Here’s my thing - I was pretty positive we’d see another Raptor come in 2019 along with another 4D. That’s two coasters. Do we all really think that two other parks (SFMM & us) will get coasters as well? I’d be shocked if another raptor didn’t come out in the chain & pretty relieved if another 4D didn’t either.
gottastrata33

Postby benneluke on August 22nd, 2018, 11:41 am
gottastrata33 wrote:As for SFMM, um, exciting! Unless it’s a weird ass world’s first like the first suspended stand up lol

Or something stupid like the worlds largest "Loop Coaster" Oh, wait...
But a suspended stand-up would be quite the interesting ride.
What a day! What a place! What a smile on your face!
benneluke

Postby anewman35 on August 22nd, 2018, 12:38 pm
JT2002 wrote:Don't they have markers out already that indicate supports? We have nothing like that yet. I would agree more and more that we are getting something different from Magic Mountain. This could be good or bad.

It's also possible they'd have a different timetable to get it built just because of their year round schedule and the competition from different parks
anewman35

Postby gottastrata33 on August 22nd, 2018, 1:36 pm
Like we get a family coaster, they get the big b**ch ;)
gottastrata33

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum