Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2019 rumors, thoughts, speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby IssaCoaster on August 5th, 2018, 8:00 pm
Alright.... just give me the next teaser now. The suspense is killing me.
IssaCoaster

Postby JackGlass on August 6th, 2018, 1:43 am
The new Vekomas look really smooth and far superior to the older models. That Lech coaster in Poland is getting nothing but great reviews and it only cost $5 Million. Those Bermuda Blitz models would be perfect for smaller parks like the Great Escape or Six Flags America.
JackGlass

Postby Muck Finnesota on August 6th, 2018, 8:20 pm
While on the topic of Vekoma- Formula looks like a family coaster compared to this one.

One can wish...
Keep Eurofighters in Europe
Muck Finnesota

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on August 6th, 2018, 8:29 pm
^ While that is true, any Vekoma launch would be a win in my books.
Sucker for a launch | Coaster Count: 502
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby gottastrata33 on August 6th, 2018, 11:10 pm
Hopefully we get this next teaser today or ASAP cause all this launch racing coaster crap has gone a bit far & you’re all makin me crazy lol but if you’re all right I will apologize. ;) NEXT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I dream of the 400ft "Great American SkyScreamer". x
gottastrata33

Postby WolfRaging95 on August 7th, 2018, 1:18 am
[quote="gottastrata33"]Hopefully we get this next teaser today or ASAP cause all this launch racing coaster crap has gone a bit far & you’re all makin me crazy lol but if you’re all right I will apologize. ;) NEXT
If they follow the same pattern from the last few years, we should be seeing the next teaser Thursday.
WolfRaging95

Postby gottastrata33 on August 7th, 2018, 1:50 am
That’s too late!! [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY] when it ends up bein water park related, I’m already ready to read the 22 pages of s*** talk.

I dream of the 400ft "Great American SkyScreamer". x
gottastrata33

Postby JackGlass on August 7th, 2018, 1:58 am
gottastrata33 wrote:That’s too late!! [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY] when it ends up bein water park related, I’m already ready to read the 22 pages of s*** talk.

Worlds first launched Giga water coaster! :lol:

Joking aside, I was just reading the 2016 Financial report on Six Flags website and it states that Great America has approximately 30 acres of potentially developable land.... That's ALOT of room, larger than Hurricane Harbor. What land are they referring too? The Parking lot? The woods behind the employee parking lot? Because that's a huge chunk of land.
Attachments
38273644_10102626585079727_2345557957619482624_n.jpg
JackGlass

Postby jmanporty7 on August 7th, 2018, 8:48 am
I am pretty sure the current construction area is included in the 30 acres, I just can't how we would have 30 acres of land otherwise. Also Great Adventure tho my goodness :shock: :shock: :shock:
jmanporty7

Postby JackGlass on August 7th, 2018, 8:56 am
Great Adventure is massive! So they've got a lot of room left to work with! These numbers are from the official Six Flags 2016 annual repot, so they definitely see 30 acres of potential land at Great America!
JackGlass

Postby RandomDoof on August 7th, 2018, 9:35 am
For the developable land, I asked this question a while ago and Guy_With_A_Stick made this,
Oh boy here we go

Ok, so I think the most feasible way we can 'expand' our park is actually through Picnic Grove. In the past few years, I've seldom seen anyone use Picnic Grove for anything. Maybe two events a month. Seeing how the pathways are already(for the most part) in place, why not just open them up to the park? If all the picnic pavilion infrastructure is removed, I'm almost certain there's space for rides, shops, games, etc. It can run from Joker all the way through Wilderness Theater, and hook back up at Camp Cartoon/Logger's Run.

As you can see, the paths are comparable to Yankee Harbor and Yukon Territory combined. And while I don't expect them to leave any time soon, the Flumes take up enough space for a very sizable coaster or two. But even if that still isn't enough room, there's always room in the Employee lot area:

The red is the current Boneyard. The blue is the current Employee Parking Lot. The green is Undeveloped land that the park owns. I can definitely see the park moving the employee lot farther back(probably to the upper green area), shifting the bone yard up, and expanding into the leftover land. The Picnic Grove area is directly underneath the boneyard(and goes to show how much room there really is!), so expansion through there can be relatively easy. I doubt we'll be seeing a lot of capital thrown into one area in one year, but if we were to expand the park, this is definitely the way I see it going.

Something else interesting is that in the 2010 report it was only 20 acres
RandomDoof

Postby tribar on August 7th, 2018, 12:40 pm
Some of you are setting yourselves up for disappointment.
tribar

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 7th, 2018, 12:56 pm
tribar wrote:Some of you are setting yourselves up for disappointment.

That’s the thing though...
I’m never disappointed in what the park does. I’ve welcomed every addition we’ve had in the past and will continue to do so. So if it’s a water park addition then I will be happy. I waited years and years for the water park to get built since it never happened on the other side of the tollway along with the entertainment complex that was supposed to go up. So bring on whatever they’re gonna do because this is my home park and I’ve been going to it since it opened and will continue to do so no matter what they do. I love this park and the fact that we get something new each year is a blessing to me.

B&MGuy35

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on August 7th, 2018, 1:18 pm
I have a new theory what if when they were looking at dive bomber meant that was a clue for the angle of the drop. But I still keep thinking it will be a water park addition as of proof by this photo.
20180719_182221.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby Goku1910 on August 7th, 2018, 2:06 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:

I’m never disappointed in what the park does. I’ve welcomed every addition we’ve had in the past and will continue to do so. So if it’s a water park addition then I will be happy. I waited years and years for the water park to get built since it never happened on the other side of the tollway along with the entertainment complex that was supposed to go up. So bring on whatever they’re gonna do because this is my home park and I’ve been going to it since it opened and will continue to do so no matter what they do. I love this park and the fact that we get something new each year is a blessing to me.

Even ignite? Be honest, would you rather get something every single year even if that meant the addition sucked? Honestly, I'd be perfectly happy if we got nothing for a year and just got part infrastructure improvements. Refurbished buildings, removal of blacktop, cleaned up landscaping, whatever.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby Goku1910 on August 7th, 2018, 2:07 pm
_FuryBull_330_ wrote:I have a new theory what if when they were looking at dive bomber meant that was a clue for the angle of the drop. But I still keep thinking it will be a water park addition as of proof by this photo.

Where is that and why do you think that's proof?
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby Muck Finnesota on August 7th, 2018, 2:10 pm

Most likely. I probably will be. I'd like to believe Six Flags would make exceptions to their thrift with Great America because they've added X-Flight and Goliath since 2012. I'm also optimistic because this nice chunk of land in question belong(ed) to the dry side (the Pictorium entrance remaining is also encouraging). That said- for me, at least, there hasn't been anything at all to get excited about since Goliath. On top of that, the people this park attracts have been steadily getting trashier and trashier. I've been going to this park since I was a kid (when Batman was new), and have plenty of fond memories. I'd like to keep them coming. The recent trajectory on all fronts is not encouraging.

I'll definitely be disappointed with a water park addition. Wasn't thrilled that it was built in the first place. That's just me, though. The place is packed on any given day, so obviously there are people who enjoy it.
Keep Eurofighters in Europe
Muck Finnesota

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 7th, 2018, 2:22 pm
Goku1910 wrote:
B&MGuy35 wrote:

Even ignite? Be honest, would you rather get something every single year even if that meant the addition sucked? Honestly, I'd be perfectly happy if we got nothing for a year and just got part infrastructure improvements. Refurbished buildings, removal of blacktop, cleaned up landscaping, whatever.

Not sure why you think that’s proof it’s a water park addition? That is directly to your right as you’re walking into the water park. I’m almost positive that is where they brought in the equipment for the demo of the pictorioum. When the water park first opened the fences weren’t up exposing that whole side of demo site. After demo was done the fences went back up.

B&MGuy35

Postby JackGlass on August 7th, 2018, 3:48 pm
Goku1910 wrote:
B&MGuy35 wrote:

I agree, they need to dump this "Every park gets something new every year" strategy. It's a dumb self imposed constraint.

If Capex were increased to 13.5% from it's current 9% That would give Six Flags $100 Million a year for new rides and $100 Million a year for in park improvements and upkeep. $200 Million a year Capex

One year focus on the 11 small parks and the next focus on the 4 large parks. For example

Six Flags St Louis - $20 Million Mack hyper
Great Escape - $5 Million Lech clone
Darien Lake - $9 Million Free spin and Skywarp
Frontier City - $7 Million Raptor clone
La Ronde - $ 7 Million Freespin
Six Flags Mexico - $7 Million Sky Rocket 2
Six Flags Discovery Kingdom - $5 Million Lech clone
Six Flags New England - $9 Million Raptor clone and Skywarp
Six Flags America - $9 Million Freespin and skywarp
Six Flags Fiesta Texas - $7 Million Sky Rocket 2
Six Flags Over Georgia $15 Million Wing Coaster

Total = $100 Million.

Magic Mountain - $30 Million B&M Giga
Great America $30 Million B&M Giga
Great Adventure - $20 Million B&M Dive Machine
Over Texas - $20 Million B&M Dive Machine

Total = $100 Million

A simple change in strategy could yield much different results. Those smaller parks used to get much better numbers than they do today. This current strategy leaves them fighting over Super loops and rides that just won't encourage people to go there..... Six Flags America being a perfect example.... who get's excited about a lazy river upgrade? Come on guys they're adding scenery to the lazy river let's buy passes! Said no one ever, lol.
JackGlass

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on August 7th, 2018, 4:37 pm
^ That's actually a pretty good strategy but sadly we know Six Flags would never use that strategy for some excuse but you never know.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby JackGlass on August 7th, 2018, 5:20 pm
_FuryBull_330_ wrote:^ That's actually a pretty good strategy but sadly we know Six Flags would never use that strategy for some excuse but you never know.

Thanks! Those smaller parks are untapped gold and this current strategy gives people little to no incentive to visit them! Kentucky Kingdom was a perfect example of Good leadership under Ed Hart gone horribly wrong under Six Flags.

When Ed Hart first took over Kentucky Kingdom in the early 90's it was barely getting 300,000 guests per year. By the time he sold it to premier parks, it was getting over 1 Million guests per year and they projected that it could crack 2 Million! Ed kept the park clean, infrasturucture in great shape and added rides that actually made people want to visit Kentucky kingdom.

Premier Parks (Six Flags) took over and they started removing major attractions starting with the Vampire roller coaster and replacing them with junk rides. They let the infrastructure crumble and let the overall quality of the park decline. As a result attendance in 2009 plummeted below 400,000. Now that Ed Hart is back in control, and that old startegy is back, attendance is rising again and peope actually have an incentive to visit Kentucky Kingdom.

The shareholders wouldn't like the idea of raising Capex by 4.5% But they're only screwing themselves over by not tapping potential gold mines. Beautifying your parks and adding rides that actually make people want to go there seems crazy enough to work, lol
JackGlass

Postby WolfRaging95 on August 7th, 2018, 6:57 pm
Did anybody think that this new attraction will be themed to someone from the Justice League with the toll being in the teaser?
WolfRaging95

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 7th, 2018, 8:04 pm
WolfRaging95 wrote:Did anybody think that this new attraction will be themed to someone from the Justice League with the toll being in the teaser?
I'm really thinking this is simply a Wonder Woman Golden Lasso clone; the Justice League towel, the yellow and red in the logo too. The entire water park and racing theme is probably just trying to throw us off. I can't wait for the next teaser to find out more!

Sent from my SM-G550T2 using Tapatalk
SFGAM_Hog

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on August 7th, 2018, 8:47 pm
^ Or if it's a launched coaster it's The Flash.

_FuryBull_330_

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 8th, 2018, 7:03 am
^ Oh, I didn't think of that one.

Sent from my SM-G550T2 using Tapatalk
SFGAM_Hog

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum