Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2019 rumors, thoughts, speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby UnclePennybags on August 4th, 2018, 6:07 pm
My takeaway from the teaser is completely different. There are four women spraying down one guy. Three women are blonde, one is a brunette. They're all wearing sunglasses. The way I see it, this could only mean we're getting a new entrance to Viper via Carousel Plaza.

It's so obvious.
Last edited by UnclePennybags on August 4th, 2018, 6:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
UnclePennybags

Postby JT2002 on August 4th, 2018, 6:08 pm
ilrider wrote:^ Maybe I am missing something obvious, but do you have any specific ideas about the significance of the number 4 for the 4 women, or the 3 sprays? Just curious. I agree numbers can be significant in the teasers. The 1000 clearly is. Probably all is.

Nothing specific about the women, but the 3 sprays may suggest multiplying the 1,000 by 3 instead of just 1,000. I'm just saying that numbers in teasers can be really vague and misleading unless you have a great deal of clues (kind of like how Kennywood did the scratch off teaser for Steel Curtain).
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby CoasterNick3157 on August 4th, 2018, 6:13 pm
How about the thing they did for 2015 with the 40 years of sfgam the clues has nothing to do with that just stupid pick a right or left way

gottastrata33 wrote:Watch it be Wonder Woman & we’re all like what?! I don’t trust the clues anymore they make me jump to conclusions & then are no where near what we thought. I thought for sure AE was gonna be RMCd for the JLBFM teasers.
CoasterNick3157

Postby anewman35 on August 4th, 2018, 6:30 pm
Yeah, I hope people won't be too disappointed when it turns out 99% of the things they think are clues don't end up meaning anything at all...
anewman35

Postby JT2002 on August 4th, 2018, 6:46 pm
It's actually going to be a new service that you can order to have 4 women in black jumpsuits spray you down with spf 1,000 sunscreen.
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby staticshadows on August 4th, 2018, 7:57 pm
Some of the spray on sunscreens use compressed air for propellant.
https://www.drinkhint.com/sunscreen/hin ... een-spf-30
staticshadows

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 4th, 2018, 10:34 pm
I will go the other way now. The S&S launched like people are saying. At Sun Tzu Cultural Park, you have a ride that is painted like X-Flight (their uniforms). https://rcdb.com/12256.htm Than, above is saying about the compressed air. The slide they are looking at is a 90 degree drop. If this is a roller coaster, I do not like a teaser that is in the waterpark. They should find something in the dry park that teases this thing. The waterpark is a different park than the regular park. The people that want a coaster almost the hate the waterpark. The people that want a waterpark addition, might like either.

What changes my mind about this (maybe not being a waterpark thing) is that the Pictorium sign has not been demolished. Why does that sign still exist if it's a waterpark addition, and especially if the waterpark would have a separate gate?

S&S built hypersonic. People hated it. Kings Dominion took it out. S&S built the Joker ride, and people are disappointed by it. S&S was with X2 (after Arrow first built it), and that ride has so many maintenance problems. Expect more maintenance problems with this thing, if this is what it is. With 3 can shakes, it could mean 3 launches.

You also have this S&S ride (Bullet Coaster) which didn't open til July 28th in 2012, and than went SBNO later that year. It is weird though because it says November 11 - June 30th which in America, most parks are closed anyway (February, March, etc), but maybe it's warm enough in China, and that ride should have been open. Another maintenance problem S&S ride? https://rcdb.com/9442.htm
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby anewman35 on August 4th, 2018, 11:03 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote:What changes my mind about this (maybe not being a waterpark thing) is that the Pictorium sign has not been demolished. Why does that sign still exist if it's a waterpark addition, and especially if the waterpark would have a separate gate?

Because they don't want to do anything that's going to cause issues or look bad from the main midway if there's no need to at the moment? I really don't think that's evidence one way or another...
anewman35

Postby IssaCoaster on August 4th, 2018, 11:16 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote:I will go the other way now. The S&S launched like people are saying. At Sun Tzu Cultural Park, you have a ride that is painted like X-Flight (their uniforms). https://rcdb.com/12256.htm Than, above is saying about the compressed air. The slide they are looking at is a 90 degree drop. If this is a roller coaster, I do not like a teaser that is in the waterpark. They should find something in the dry park that teases this thing. The waterpark is a different park than the regular park. The people that want a coaster almost the hate the waterpark. The people that want a waterpark addition, might like either.

What changes my mind about this (maybe not being a waterpark thing) is that the Pictorium sign has not been demolished. Why does that sign still exist if it's a waterpark addition, and especially if the waterpark would have a separate gate?

S&S built hypersonic. People hated it. Kings Dominion took it out. S&S built the Joker ride, and people are disappointed by it. S&S was with X2 (after Arrow first built it), and that ride has so many maintenance problems. Expect more maintenance problems with this thing, if this is what it is. With 3 can shakes, it could mean 3 launches.

3 Launches?! At Six Flags Great America?! I highly doubt it XD. I'm sure this addition will be a dry park addition. I really don't see the point in adding a water park addition in this spot. It's just too good of a plot of land to give up for the water park. I like the idea of a launch coaster though. It would be nice to have our own little Maverick. I'm leaning toward the T-Rex launch because Six Flags seems to like working with RMC. About the coaster though.... I doubt that it will be the tallest in the park. I just can't see Six Flags making anything over 200ft tall in this day and age. If they do... I will be the first one in line to ride it. It would be nice if this coaster went faster than 80 mph too, but I still doubt that it will. I'm going to go ahead and say this again, I think this plot of land is way too good to pass up for a water park addition.
Last edited by IssaCoaster on August 4th, 2018, 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IssaCoaster

Postby IssaCoaster on August 4th, 2018, 11:32 pm
I keep watching the teaser over and over again, and I can't help but think how much it looks like a launched coaster now. It just gave me a Top Thrill Dragster vibe. Could SPF 1000 be like the Indy 500 or something like that? The crew looks up at Mega Wedgie, and then the guy runs toward it. I just can't help but think of launching a coaster train up a steep incline like that such as Dodonpa, Top Thrill Dragster, Kindaka, etc. The record thing does not really give me anything. It just seems to add to the theme of the new ride. And The Road to Glory... seems like racing to win. If it is a waterpark addition or rollercoaster, I think it's safe to say that the ride is going to be fast( not talking about ride duration). I did see that there were two slides which could signal a Dualing or a mobius loop coaster , but I don't have enough clues for that yet. Let me know if what I said makes sense.
IssaCoaster

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 4th, 2018, 11:40 pm
IssaCoaster wrote: 3 Launches?! At Six Flags Great America?! I highly doubt it XD. I'm sure this addition will be a dry park addition. I really don't see the point in adding a water park addition in this spot.

Technically, we do already... Vertical Velocity lol, but I get your point...

S&S does sell a "LSM Triple Launch Coaster", and it looks small, and on a cheap budget of what Six Flags seems to be building now. The ride was Galeforce, but I've heard that ride was really, really horrible in regards to maintenance. On rcdb "During the 2017-2018 winter season, the complete track of GaleForce was replaced. The support structure remained in place." https://rcdb.com/13346.htm
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby IssaCoaster on August 5th, 2018, 12:49 am
Ilovthevu' wrote:
IssaCoaster wrote: 3 Launches?! At Six Flags Great America?! I highly doubt it XD. I'm sure this addition will be a dry park addition. I really don't see the point in adding a water park addition in this spot.

Technically, we do already... Vertical Velocity lol, but I get your point...

S&S does sell a "LSM Triple Launch Coaster", and it looks small, and on a cheap budget of what Six Flags seems to be building now. The ride was Galeforce, but I've heard that ride was really, really horrible in regards to maintenance. On rcdb "During the 2017-2018 winter season, the complete track of GaleForce was replaced. The support structure remained in place." https://rcdb.com/13346.htm

My bad. And now looking more into the video, they sprayed the sunscreen on the guy sort of like a pit stop. Four people, four wheels? Most likely a car. That what that means to me. I think it will be a launch coaster of some type now. I just don't know by who. Oh yeah... I forgot V2 existed.
IssaCoaster

Postby JackGlass on August 5th, 2018, 4:05 am
Maybe something like Mr. Freeze with a 300 foot top hat right next to the Sky Trek Tower. It would break the record for tallest inversion, beating out Steel Curtain. Breaking the height limit isn't possible because of regulations and breaking the speed record isn't possible either because it would have to hit 150 mph and there's just not enough space for something to go that fast.
JackGlass

Postby AirTimeDaz on August 5th, 2018, 8:00 am
IssaCoaster wrote:I keep watching the teaser over and over again, and I can't help but think how much it looks like a launched coaster now. It just gave me a Top Thrill Dragster vibe. Could SPF 1000 be like the Indy 500 or something like that? The crew looks up at Mega Wedgie, and then the guy runs toward it. I just can't help but think of launching a coaster train up a steep incline like that such as Dodonpa, Top Thrill Dragster, Kindaka, etc. The record thing does not really give me anything. It just seems to add to the theme of the new ride. And The Road to Glory... seems like racing to win. If it is a waterpark addition or rollercoaster, I think it's safe to say that the ride is going to be fast( not talking about ride duration). I did see that there were two slides which could signal a Dualing or a mobius loop coaster , but I don't have enough clues for that yet. Let me know if what I said makes sense.

Hmm. Makes sense to me. I hope you're right! Now I can't wait to see the next teaser. I'm cautiously optimistic but I've been burned before :?
AirTimeDaz

Postby JackGlass on August 5th, 2018, 8:34 am
Now that the dry park is going to be open for 9 months, it would make financial sense to add something to the dry park and milk as much cash out of it as possible. That area is a potential gold mine and sadly, Pictorium offered no financial benefit to the park.

A record breaking roller coaster (With on ride photos) and possibly a new restaurant and a refurbished Carousel plaza gifts would be a huge money maker.
JackGlass

Postby IssaCoaster on August 5th, 2018, 8:53 am
JackGlass wrote:Now that the dry park is going to be open for 9 months, it would make financial sense to add something to the dry park and milk as much cash out of it as possible. That area is a potential gold mine and sadly, Pictorium offered no financial benefit to the park.

A record breaking roller coaster (With on ride photos) and possibly a new restaurant and a refurbished Carousel plaza gifts would be a huge money maker.

I doubt this coaster will be a record breaker tbh. I wonder if Sixflags is gonna have clones of a launch coaster layout or something. I hope this is a custom though. Putting in a clone here would waste the space.
IssaCoaster

Postby AirTimeDaz on August 5th, 2018, 10:04 am
Is there a launched dueling/racing coaster? maybe the 4 represents the 4 trains.. 2 racing at a time? Could the record be the first of it's kind? Ok now i'm going off into lala land but that would be kinda cool! :shock:
AirTimeDaz

Postby JT2002 on August 5th, 2018, 11:59 am
IssaCoaster wrote: Oh yeah... I forgot V2 existed.

Oftentimes I do too.
JT2002

Postby CoasterNick3157 on August 5th, 2018, 1:31 pm
whatever six flags is planning for 2019 it will not be expensive over 20 million for a ride so please stop coming up with these dumb ideas of a duel racing coaster or launch coaster lets be real here its six flags not cedar fair.
CoasterNick3157

Postby IssaCoaster on August 5th, 2018, 2:52 pm
CoasterNick3157 wrote:whatever six flags is planning for 2019 it will not be expensive over 20 million for a ride so please stop coming up with these dumb ideas of a duel racing coaster or launch coaster lets be real here its six flags not cedar fair.

There are launch coasters under 20 million my dude. And also you can have a mobius loop coaster that duels under 20 million. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think RMC T-Rexs and raptors are cheaper than most coasters because they use less supports. And if it isn't one of these, what do you think it will be?
IssaCoaster

Postby JaminOut on August 5th, 2018, 4:05 pm
CoasterNick3157 wrote:whatever six flags is planning for 2019 it will not be expensive over 20 million for a ride so please stop coming up with these dumb ideas of a duel racing coaster or launch coaster lets be real here its six flags not cedar fair.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Magic Mountain is speculated to get a $20 Million coaster, it may not be outside of the realm of what we could get. Unlikely, but possible.
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby AirTimeDaz on August 5th, 2018, 4:11 pm
Not sure if that "dumb" statement was directed at me, but I can come up with any "dumb" idea i please actually. Not hurting anyone to speculate, no matter how far out of the realm. We're trying to decipher the teaser here, so if you already know what it will be, then maybe enlighten us, other wise, we'll keep the guessing game going!
AirTimeDaz

Postby Revi on August 5th, 2018, 5:21 pm
Has anyone thought about this... the fact vekoma has been building some racing themed launch coasters? With excellent reviews I might add. Does anyone think it is out of the ballpark that we could get a vekoma launched coaster? Would be something none of the other parks have and Great America has been known for that. Just my thoughts but I am still not convinced to ruling out water park.
Revi

Postby Muck Finnesota on August 5th, 2018, 5:49 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote:

Don't think you're getting 3 launches with a pneumatic style launch. It would have to be LIM/LSM.

Revi wrote:Has anyone thought about this... the fact vekoma has been building some racing themed launch coasters? With excellent reviews I might add. Does anyone think it is out of the ballpark that we could get a vekoma launched coaster? Would be something none of the other parks have and Great America has been known for that. Just my thoughts but I am still not convinced to ruling out water park.

I brought up Vekoma earlier in the thread. I'd love to see a traditional looper like Lech Coaster, but Energylandia's launcher looks nice as well.
Last edited by Muck Finnesota on August 5th, 2018, 5:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Keep Eurofighters in Europe
Muck Finnesota

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on August 5th, 2018, 5:51 pm
A launch coaster could be well under $20m so it is not a dumb or unrealistic idea... the dueling racing concept, I think is a bit much, but hey people are entitled to their own ideas.

I love the vekoma launch rides that have been coming out recently. I would rather have a Vekoma launch than a S&S. Something like the Top gun or the one at Energylandia would be awesome.
Sucker for a launch | Coaster Count: 502
Dan The Coaster Man

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum