Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2019 rumors, thoughts, speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 3rd, 2018, 9:08 pm
^ I totally think that's possible. I'm hoping this will be every week like Goliath's teaser series!
SFGAM_Hog

Postby JackGlass on August 3rd, 2018, 9:08 pm
JT2002 wrote:Personally, I believe this has nothing to do with HH and riptide bay is a red herring. What makes most sense to me is that they go through the new attractions that they've added since riptide bay and they will say that this next addition will be their "best yet". The racing ideas definitely seem to indicate that this will be a racing coaster which tell me it will be a rmc t-rex.
The x-flight jumpsuits correlate with the idea that x-flight was added after riptide bay, so the next video will feature x-flight. I still wouldn't be to quick to make any FINAL presumptions, but I hope they come out with the next teaser very soon because I love all the clues they are giving us.

I hope so! X-Flight and Goliath were solid additions and in my opinion 2 of the best coasters at the park. Then they started up with 4D's and Superloops and they just don't hold a candle to what we got in 2012 and 2014. A T-REX would be amazing, so hopefully they don't blow it.
JackGlass

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 3rd, 2018, 9:49 pm
*I know this will most likely not happen*
I would love to see them add a launched T-Rex. It would be themed to racing. There would be a countdown on a launch track and the train would launch into a top hat. I would love to see it work with the terrian around Whizzer and go through the trees! But I won't get my hopes up for a custom coaster.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby gottastrata33 on August 4th, 2018, 12:04 am
Watch it be Wonder Woman & we’re all like what?! I don’t trust the clues anymore they make me jump to conclusions & then are no where near what we thought. I thought for sure AE was gonna be RMCd for the JLBFM teasers.
gottastrata33

Postby JackGlass on August 4th, 2018, 3:20 am
A parking garage in the overflow lot would be cool. But Six Flags would have to drastically change their strategy. I personally don't like the "Every park gets something new every year" strategy.

I would much rather Six Flags keep its 9% cap and one year Dedicate $100 Million to the 4 big parks (Magic Mountain, Great America, Great Adventure, Over Texas) while ignoring the 11 smaller parks. The year after dedicate $100 Million to the 11 smaller parks, while ignoring the 4 big ones.

That way a park like Magic Mountain could actually get a B&M Giga and smaller parks like The Great Escape could actually get something like an RMC Raptor or a Free spin. It's the way they try to cram everything into one year with such a tight budget that stops us from being true rivals to Cedar Fair parks.

I went to Six Flags St. Louis back in the day when Time Warner was running the show (The best management Six Flags ever had in my opinion) and it was a great park! I visited it recently and it's like a third world dump! Not even remotely comparable to what it used to be. There's a reason why these smaller parks don't get the numbers that they used to. It's really ashame
JackGlass

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on August 4th, 2018, 9:19 am
gottastrata33 wrote:Watch it be Wonder Woman & we’re all like what?! I don’t trust the clues anymore they make me jump to conclusions & then are no where near what we thought. I thought for sure AE was gonna be RMCd for the JLBFM teasers.

True that I thought the 2015 Hometown Park trailers were going to lead to something big and then I saw apparently not.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby gottastrata33 on August 4th, 2018, 9:25 am
That’s the point really - that Six Flags will tease & hype anything up, no matter the attraction. Remember that “big box” that wasn’t supposed to be open until August 2012 that ended up being ignight?

I have a huge feeling in my gut that this is a water park addition. I cant shake it. I’d love to be wrong in the most delightful way but I’m not convinced yet.
gottastrata33

Postby JackGlass on August 4th, 2018, 9:40 am
gottastrata33 wrote:That’s the point really - that Six Flags will tease & hype anything up, no matter the attraction. Remember that “big box” that wasn’t supposed to be open until August 2012 that ended up being ignight?

I have a huge feeling in my gut that this is a water park addition. I cant shake it. I’d love to be wrong in the most delightful way but I’m not convinced yet.

I'd love for you to be wrong too! lol. Don't get me wrong, water coasters look really cool and we could definitely use one...… but.... that plot of land is just too damn good, lol
JackGlass

Postby anewman35 on August 4th, 2018, 9:49 am
I feel like the next teaser is going to be really key. If it's related to the Water Park again, I feel like it would confirm that's what the addition is. Anything else keeps it more of mystery...
anewman35

Postby JT2002 on August 4th, 2018, 10:14 am
If this is a racing themed coaster, part of me is a little unconvinced about the theming in relation to the rest of carousel plaza. I know six flags could care less, but I wish they would theme it more to the area like they did with the Hangover, or they could re-theme part of the area to racing kind of like they did with the Justice League ride. It better be a big ride since it is one of the first things people will see when they enter the park.
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on August 4th, 2018, 10:30 am
Correct me if I'm a wrong but I think this teaser was for the additions of 2011 and 2012 and if I'm right the next teaser will have something with IgNight and Goliath combined.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby staticshadows on August 4th, 2018, 10:58 am
Dan The Coaster Man wrote:S&S launch? Sign me up.

Just for fun, here is what Extreme Rusher from Happy Valley Beijing would look like on the site.
https://rcdb.com/9140.htm
staticshadows

Postby JackGlass on August 4th, 2018, 11:16 am
Damn, that thing fits like a glove! Nice work!
JackGlass

Postby Coaster Critique on August 4th, 2018, 12:02 pm
Hi everyone, I've been an avid reader of this forum for years but never got around to making an account until I saw the 2019 teaser. Alright here we go. Everyone instantly says it’s a water park expansion because the video takes place in the water park. But I don’t think those people really understand the point of these teaser campaigns. As for the water park stuff, that’s exactly what they want you to think. Look at the race car theme. The last time they did an elaborate teaser like that was Goliath. And that thing was full of red herrings based on the skyscreamer and launch coaster rumors. More evidence is that the flags they put around the area show a much bigger plot of land than for a water slide or something. Also the land is very uneven and stretches back behind whizzer which seems like very awkward placement for anything but a coaster. Now on to the teaser itself. First notice the tire spinning and the race car theme shown with the people in jumpsuits acting like a pit crew. Then the guy takes off running (launch?? Maybe a stretch but who knows) toward the capsule slides. The four people in jumpsuits look up and say “good luck up there.” Here’s my theory, the water park thing was to mess with the people who think it will be a water park expansion. The next video will be a similar set up but featuring another tall or extreme ride in the park. The Road to Glory being the road through all of Great America’s most extreme rides leading to the new for 2019 addition which will claim to be the most extreme (tallest/fastest?) ride in the park. I’m thinking of turning this analysis into a YouTube video. What do you all think?
Does anyone else miss the X-Flight Music?
#1 Steel - Intimidator 305
#1 Wood - Lightning Rod
#1 Hybrid - Steel Vengeance
#1 at SFGAm - X-Flight
Coaster Critique

Postby JackGlass on August 4th, 2018, 12:35 pm
Coaster Critique wrote:Hi everyone, I've been an avid reader of this forum for years but never got around to making an account until I saw the 2019 teaser. Alright here we go. Everyone instantly says it’s a water park expansion because the video takes place in the water park. But I don’t think those people really understand the point of these teaser campaigns. As for the water park stuff, that’s exactly what they want you to think. Look at the race car theme. The last time they did an elaborate teaser like that was Goliath. And that thing was full of red herrings based on the skyscreamer and launch coaster rumors. More evidence is that the flags they put around the area show a much bigger plot of land than for a water slide or something. Also the land is very uneven and stretches back behind whizzer which seems like very awkward placement for anything but a coaster. Now on to the teaser itself. First notice the tire spinning and the race car theme shown with the people in jumpsuits acting like a pit crew. Then the guy takes off running (launch?? Maybe a stretch but who knows) toward the capsule slides. The four people in jumpsuits look up and say “good luck up there.” Here’s my theory, the water park thing was to mess with the people who think it will be a water park expansion. The next video will be a similar set up but featuring another tall or extreme ride in the park. The Road to Glory being the road through all of Great America’s most extreme rides leading to the new for 2019 addition which will claim to be the most extreme (tallest/fastest?) ride in the park. I’m thinking of turning this analysis into a YouTube video. What do you all think?

I think you're correct! We have to keep our eyes out for zonign meeting signs! I would love a launch coaster that rockets up next to the Sky Trek tower!
JackGlass

Postby anewman35 on August 4th, 2018, 1:45 pm
I personally don't buy the connection between ride size/importance and what the teaser campaign is like. Remember they had fairly extensive teasers for igNight and Hometown Park.

Also remember that this is a park that didn't bother sending anybody to No Coaster Con last year because it ess somebody's wedding or something? Point being, I'm guessing this kind of stuff is run by just a person or two, and what we get mostly depends on how ambitious that person is feeling that year or whatever (and if that person or two is busy, or getting married when something is happening, then we just get a tweet or two...)
anewman35

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 4th, 2018, 1:59 pm
Coaster Critique wrote:Hi everyone, I've been an avid reader of this forum for years but never got around to making an account until I saw the 2019 teaser. Alright here we go. Everyone instantly says it’s a water park expansion because the video takes place in the water park. But I don’t think those people really understand the point of these teaser campaigns. As for the water park stuff, that’s exactly what they want you to think. Look at the race car theme. The last time they did an elaborate teaser like that was Goliath. And that thing was full of red herrings based on the skyscreamer and launch coaster rumors. More evidence is that the flags they put around the area show a much bigger plot of land than for a water slide or something. Also the land is very uneven and stretches back behind whizzer which seems like very awkward placement for anything but a coaster. Now on to the teaser itself. First notice the tire spinning and the race car theme shown with the people in jumpsuits acting like a pit crew. Then the guy takes off running (launch?? Maybe a stretch but who knows) toward the capsule slides. The four people in jumpsuits look up and say “good luck up there.” Here’s my theory, the water park thing was to mess with the people who think it will be a water park expansion. The next video will be a similar set up but featuring another tall or extreme ride in the park. The Road to Glory being the road through all of Great America’s most extreme rides leading to the new for 2019 addition which will claim to be the most extreme (tallest/fastest?) ride in the park. I’m thinking of turning this analysis into a YouTube video. What do you all think?

I still say that’s it’s a record spinning and not a tire. See the gaps in it between the grooves? Those are the spaces in between songs on a record. Trust me I know....I’m a DJ
I say that record shatters in last teaser hinting to a record breaker of some sort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 4th, 2018, 3:03 pm
I just to want to mention the size. Somewhere, they said if it's for a waterpark addition, that they might add a restaurant, a new entrance, probably more chairs, and someone is saying on the facebook group (and they THINK they know what we are getting, sort of sure, almost), that THEY think, they would add another wavepool + the slide.

This is NOT a picture of the one at Fiesta Texas, but this is a water coaster. These things are NOT small like people think they are. It's NOT just a dinky waterslide. Look at the slide all the way on the right. Again, this is not the saucer one, but the original version.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Magic ... 88.9636695

I can't show you the one on google maps at Fiesta Texas because google maps didn't update it.

3 records could be largest waterpark expansion in history of the waterpark (They would go with space rather than number of attractions if they used this record). #2 is only water coaster in Illinois. (Before, you go correcting me about the above waterpark, they took that out- that water coaster) #3 is largest rocket blast water coaster.
Last edited by Ilovthevu' on August 4th, 2018, 3:47 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby ilrider on August 4th, 2018, 3:24 pm
The 1000 after SPF is an intriguing clue. Some have speculated a 1000 foot water coaster, or a 1000 meter coaster. How about a 1000 people per hour capacity coaster? What type might that signal?
ilrider

Postby AirTimeDaz on August 4th, 2018, 3:55 pm
If the teaser is trolling those of us that really want a dry park coaster edition, it's doubly trolling HH fans that are looking forward to something new but don't get it. I think the marketing dept. should consider how they can make an effective teaser campaign w/out trolling one camp or the other.

I'm brought back to how Jeffrey Siebert, president of SFFT stated SF will use FT to premiere "new rides and technology" for the foreseeable future, as demonstrated with Thunder Raids & the first raptor WWGLC, so im just gonna go ahead and say they got this in 2017, so it's probably some variation of one of these with a racing theme...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqbvngwRVpo

what will the record be? the worlds moistest? the worlds silliest world's record?

I'm not a waterpark enthusiast at all. 3 mins from magic waters and never even been there (even when they had the water coaster before it was taken down) HOWEVER i'm sure someone would like it. I just don't feel like the dry park has an inch of prime real estate to spare for a ride that's only really viable 3 months a year.

Jeffrey Sieber article
https://www.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/ ... ags-sa.htm
AirTimeDaz

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 4th, 2018, 4:14 pm
This is interesting....
1000pph - 1000spf?

B&MGuy35

Postby ilrider on August 4th, 2018, 4:18 pm
^What make/model is that?
ilrider

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 4th, 2018, 4:19 pm
ilrider wrote:^What make/model is that?

S&S Air Launched Coaster

B&MGuy35

Postby JT2002 on August 4th, 2018, 4:40 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:This is interesting....
1000pph - 1000spf?

Possible! If this teaser was supposed to be really in depth and have a ton of hidden clues, then why are there 4 women spraying the guy, why not 2 or 3, why did they show the spf 1000 3 times? Number clues could mean anything and everything.
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby ilrider on August 4th, 2018, 4:56 pm
^ Maybe I am missing something obvious, but do you have any specific ideas about the significance of the number 4 for the 4 women, or the 3 sprays? Just curious. I agree numbers can be significant in the teasers. The 1000 clearly is. Probably all is.
ilrider

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum