Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2019 rumors, thoughts, speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Goku1910 on August 2nd, 2018, 5:24 pm
As much as I hope it's a false lead I still think my original prediction of SFFT style water coaster is still the most likely addition.

My personal opinion: I hate it. So much so it might actually convince me not to renew my membership/season pass for the 1st time in the years since working there.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby SaveTheWAVE on August 2nd, 2018, 5:36 pm
^ I agree that the teaser screams water coaster or water park expansion of some kind. I was really hoping for a custom T-Rex.
SaveTheWAVE

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on August 2nd, 2018, 5:48 pm
I saw the video and I am glad they are making some kind of teaser campaign. Overall I am confused though as both the waterpark and some racing theme are relevant... I think its looking like a waterpark addition. Which I would not be a fan of, but can't say I didn't see it coming. Hopefully the videos are frequent!
Sucker for a launch | Coaster Count: 502
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby IssaCoaster on August 2nd, 2018, 5:51 pm
SaveTheWAVE wrote:^ I agree that the teaser screams water coaster or water park expansion of some kind. I was really hoping for a custom T-Rex.

I think it is too obvious to be a water park attraction. Wait until the second teaser. I think th drop slides were just the show the angle of the drop on a coaster.
IssaCoaster

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 2nd, 2018, 6:08 pm
Would they really start teasers this early for a waterpark addition? The last time it was this early was for Goliath (correct me if I'm wrong) which was a big record breaker ;) the idea of the record shattering at the end of the teaser series is possible.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby Goku1910 on August 2nd, 2018, 6:09 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:Would they really start teasers this early for a waterpark addition? The last time it was this early was for Goliath (correct me if I'm wrong) which was a big record breaker ;) the idea of the record shattering at the end of the teaser series is possible.
Even if the Water coaster was 1,000ft like it implies then it would break the record for longest water coaster so.....

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby ilrider on August 2nd, 2018, 6:11 pm
^But it wouldn’t. Mammoth at Holiday World is over 1700 feet long and holds that title.
ilrider

Postby Goku1910 on August 2nd, 2018, 6:12 pm
Oh, I totally meant to add the keywords "at a six flags park". I forgot Six Flags' definition of record breaker only applies to their own chain.

Ha.

Goku1910

Postby AirTimeDaz on August 2nd, 2018, 6:17 pm
I feel sick lol
AirTimeDaz

Postby anewman35 on August 2nd, 2018, 8:07 pm
I was always in the Water Park expansion camp (maybe with making the water park its own gate) but this teaser seems so obvious that I think I'm reversing that. I feel like if it was for the water park (and especially if the Water Park was becoming it's own park), the logo at the end might have said "Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor", but it doesn't...
anewman35

Postby RBullFan97 on August 2nd, 2018, 9:04 pm
I still think it's a false lead. It'll probably be a dry park addition. Perhaps they'll go through all the additions of the past 8 years or so (Riptide Bay was 2011), so X-Flight would be next.

As for the name, it looks like it's going to be racing themed of some sort. I thought Maxx Force was pretty much a safe bet for Magic Mountain (given the XX being 20 for their 20th coaster). Is it possible we could get the name Adrenaline Alley since I know Six Flags recently trademarked that one too? That would fit nicely with a race theme.
SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
SFGAm Ride Count 2020: Well, ya know...
RBullFan97

Postby ChicagoCoasters on August 2nd, 2018, 10:57 pm
Remember SF trademarked West Coast Racers and Maxx Force. Magic Mountain's coaster name would be West Coast Racers. And their Cyclone Bay area gets rethemed to Adrenaline Alley. Leaving our coaster to be named Total Mayhem. I'm just kidding. It would probably be Maxx Force. Still keeping my fingers crossed for an RMC T-Rex.
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby SaveTheWAVE on August 2nd, 2018, 11:31 pm
I’ve picked up rumors of an S&S launch coaster, these speculations are dubious at best. However, imagine a racing Dodonpa at SFGAm! Interesting angle, no?
SaveTheWAVE

Postby Johnska on August 2nd, 2018, 11:34 pm
Just curious seeing as how the rumor video takes place in the water park; when did Hurricane Harbor last get an addition? I feel like if it hadn't recently it would be a lot more likely for it to be a weirdly themed racing water slide/complex.
Johnska

Postby Goku1910 on August 2nd, 2018, 11:47 pm
Johnska wrote:Just curious seeing as how the rumor video takes place in the water park; when did Hurricane Harbor last get an addition? I feel like if it hadn't recently it would be a lot more likely for it to be a weirdly themed racing water slide/complex.
Riptide Bay. I forget the year.... 2010?

Goku1910

Postby jmanporty7 on August 3rd, 2018, 12:15 am
JaminOut wrote:Let’s dive into some of the details:
- They are calling this the “Road to Glory”
- In the video behind the R2G graphic, there is something black spinning. Maybe a tire or a record?
- The man is wearing a checkered swimsuit with a red accent (racing? cars?)
- SPF 1000 (1000 feet long? 1000 meters long?)
- There are four women (Four person racer? Four times 1000... 4000ft long?)
- “Good luck up there” (signifying height in general?)

First guess with details from the video:
I think we may see an attraction themed to racing. What kind of racing? Well, a race for the sky. I’m going to go two different routes with this...

1) This is a water park addition. Based off of where they were in the video, the seemed to be by the lounge chairs on the southeast side of the riptide bay pool. This could be an entrance/exit area for the new addition. As for what the addition is, I envision a water coaster slightly taller than MASSIV as Schlitterbahn (Galveston). The length of MASSIV is 936 feet, I’m going to guess the water coaster would have a length of 1000 feet. They would use four person tubes like Wildebeest at Holiday World does. It would be loosely themed to racing.

2) This is a dry park addition. A roller coaster, that is. It’s a launched coaster themed to racing (super original), it features four inversions, and is 1000 meters long (3280 feet). It would also be one of the tallest rides in the park (maybe the tallest? Still waiting for a Village board meeting agenda with Six Flags to pop up).

I agree with you for the most part when it comes to your coaster prediction. My guess is a Premier Rides launched coaster called Maxx Force. I have a different opinion on the whole height thing tho. Instead of being the tallest coaster in the park, it might have the record for tallest vertical loop of any coaster in North America, beating out Full Throttle.
jmanporty7

Postby JaminOut on August 3rd, 2018, 12:20 am
jmanporty7 wrote:
- In the video behind the R2G graphic, there is something black spinning. Maybe a tire or a record?

I think we may see an attraction themed to racing. What kind of racing? Well, a race for the sky. I’m going to go two different routes with this...

1) This is a water park addition. Based off of where they were in the video, the seemed to be by the lounge chairs on the southeast side of the riptide bay pool. This could be an entrance/exit area for the new addition. As for what the addition is, I envision a water coaster slightly taller than MASSIV as Schlitterbahn (Galveston). The length of MASSIV is 936 feet, I’m going to guess the water coaster would have a length of 1000 feet. They would use four person tubes like Wildebeest at Holiday World does. It would be loosely themed to racing.

2) This is a dry park addition. A roller coaster, that is. It’s a launched coaster themed to racing (super original), it features four inversions, and is 1000 meters long (3280 feet). It would also be one of the tallest rides in the park (maybe the tallest? Still waiting for a Village board meeting agenda with Six Flags to pop up).

I agree with you for the most part when it comes to your coaster prediction. My guess is a Premier Rides launched coaster called Maxx Force. I have a different opinion on the whole height thing tho. Instead of being the tallest coaster in the park, it might have the record for tallest vertical loop of any coaster in North America, beating out Full Throttle.

Steel Curtain says hi.

Also, Riptide Bay was 2011.
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby jmanporty7 on August 3rd, 2018, 12:22 am
Steel Curtain doesn’t have a vertical loop.
Last edited by jmanporty7 on August 3rd, 2018, 12:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
jmanporty7

Postby jmanporty7 on August 3rd, 2018, 12:23 am
Steel Curtain doesn’t have a loop

(EDIT: Phone was acting weird, sorry for double post)
Last edited by jmanporty7 on August 3rd, 2018, 12:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
jmanporty7

Postby JaminOut on August 3rd, 2018, 12:23 am
jmanporty7 wrote:Steel Curtain doesn’t have a vertical loop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgive me, thought you meant tallest inversion. That would a record Six Flags would market, too. Haha
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby gottastrata33 on August 3rd, 2018, 12:49 am
jmanporty7 wrote:

Honestly, I would LOVE a full throttle design here. That loop still fascinates me & I actually enjoyed the ride a lot.
gottastrata33

Postby anewman35 on August 3rd, 2018, 7:07 am
Something to keep in mind for anybody who hopes there's something super tall happening: anything over 200 feet has to be approved by the Gurnee Planning and Zoning board, and the only meeting they have before the announcement is August 15th. So watch the park for public hearing signs, or watch this webpage, and if nothing happens know we're not breaking 200... http://www.gurnee.il.us/government/plan ... tes-videos
Last edited by anewman35 on August 3rd, 2018, 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
anewman35

Postby ilrider on August 3rd, 2018, 8:23 am
^They put a sign about the upcoming meeting outside the park too. I saw it outside the Washington St. entrance before Goliath was announced. I did not notice one Monday when we drove by there.
ilrider

Postby Goku1910 on August 3rd, 2018, 8:27 am
ilrider wrote:^They put a sign about the upcoming meeting outside the park too. I saw it outside the Washington St. entrance before Goliath was announced. I did not notice one Monday when we drove by there.

Really? Got a picture of it? That changes things.... Big time. I'm not sure if you're referring to one you saw in 2013 before Goliath or if you have actually seen one recently.
Goku1910

Postby gottastrata33 on August 3rd, 2018, 9:12 am
I think they’re referring to 2013.
gottastrata33

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum