Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2019 rumors, thoughts, speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 2nd, 2018, 3:24 pm
benneluke wrote:
Bobthebuilder645 wrote:Road to Glory suggests the person might be going around the park and riding the biggest rides?

I have a feeling that is exactly what they're doing. The next will be either Goliath or Giant Drop.

Or perhaps the steepest rides? Which would also include Goliath.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby staticshadows on August 2nd, 2018, 3:26 pm
Goku1910 wrote:Could be a false lead. Great America loves to throw us off but either way.

Yeah, waterpark seems like a false lead in the video. I was getting more of a racing based theme from the video. People were dressed like a pit crew. The yellow part of the logo looks a bit like a gauge in a car.
staticshadows

Postby RollingCoasting on August 2nd, 2018, 3:26 pm
JackGlass wrote:Racing themed launch coaster MAXX Force.

I think this as well, but MAXX Force is the name for Magic Mountain's Mack spinner.

This is going to be a bold prediction but I honestly think we will be getting our fastest coaster next year. (An S&S Air Launch)
RollingCoasting

Postby Bobthebuilder645 on August 2nd, 2018, 3:30 pm
Worlds tallest drop slide confirmed :3

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
Bobthebuilder645

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 2nd, 2018, 3:32 pm
Let’s see where this goes but did anyone notice the thing spinning behind the logo is a record? Maybe the record will shatter at the end of all the teasers hinting it’s a record breaker of some kind?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

Postby JackGlass on August 2nd, 2018, 3:33 pm
ilrider wrote:^You just beat me to it.

I got a ride name survey back in the spring or early summer, and one of the names was a car racing theme, but I forget the exact name. I am sure one of you geeks will remember it (and I mean that in the most loving way possible). Maybe it was Maxx Force. Now, one of the options for a ride for that car racing theme was a launched racing coaster. I think the water slide shot is too obvious and is a red herring. They know a lot of us think it could be a water coaster. I would be disappointed if they made it that obvious.

So, my first call is a full circuit launched racing coaster, and possible removal of V2, which I would be fine with.

The dude is wearing a checkered flag swimsuit, and they're almost certainly just messing with us when it comes to the water park. I hope this turn out to be a launch coaster! That would be awesome flying through those trees by whizzer!
JackGlass

Postby Bobthebuilder645 on August 2nd, 2018, 3:35 pm
Edit: people said it first. My bad.
Last edited by Bobthebuilder645 on August 2nd, 2018, 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bobthebuilder645

Postby ilrider on August 2nd, 2018, 3:36 pm
^^And, the girls are wearing what sort of look like pit crew uniforms.

They are just sitting back laughing as the general public says water ride. Not buying it.
ilrider

Postby Bobthebuilder645 on August 2nd, 2018, 3:38 pm
ilrider wrote:^^And, the girls are wearing what sort of look like pit crew uniforms.

They are just sitting back laughing as the general public says water ride. Not buying it.
The rider was also wearing pitstop shorts with the checkered black and white. It's looking more and more like racing themed.

Bobthebuilder645

Postby benneluke on August 2nd, 2018, 3:39 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:Maybe the record will shatter at the end of all the teasers hinting it’s a record breaker of some kind?

Damn, that is a great subtle hint. Here I was thinking the record had something to do with the themeing of the new attraction.

Side note: I really hate when they put red herrings in the videos. Id rather just have a countdown or a picture clue instead. Remember for IgNight when they were looking at "Blueprints" in Hometown square? They purposely made it look like a roller coaster with hills. It would be awesome if they did something similar to what Cedar Fair is doing right now, and put up props around the park with hints and maybe a storyline.
What a day! What a place! What a smile on your face!
benneluke

Postby JackGlass on August 2nd, 2018, 3:39 pm
I can't be 100% certain, but when the guy first stands up he's sitting on a towel, is that a Speed Racer towel?
JackGlass

Postby benneluke on August 2nd, 2018, 3:40 pm
JackGlass wrote:I can't be 100% certain, but when the guy first stands up he's sitting on a towel, is that a Speed Racer towel?

Nope. Its a Justice League one.
What a day! What a place! What a smile on your face!
benneluke

Postby JaminOut on August 2nd, 2018, 3:40 pm
Let’s dive into some of the details:
- They are calling this the “Road to Glory”
- In the video behind the R2G graphic, there is something black spinning. Maybe a tire or a record?
- The man is wearing a checkered swimsuit with a red accent (racing? cars?)
- SPF 1000 (1000 feet long? 1000 meters long?)
- There are four women (Four person racer? Four times 1000... 4000ft long?)
- “Good luck up there” (signifying height in general?)

First guess with details from the video:
I think we may see an attraction themed to racing. What kind of racing? Well, a race for the sky. I’m going to go two different routes with this...

1) This is a water park addition. Based off of where they were in the video, the seemed to be by the lounge chairs on the southeast side of the riptide bay pool. This could be an entrance/exit area for the new addition. As for what the addition is, I envision a water coaster slightly taller than MASSIV as Schlitterbahn (Galveston). The length of MASSIV is 936 feet, I’m going to guess the water coaster would have a length of 1000 feet. They would use four person tubes like Wildebeest at Holiday World does. It would be loosely themed to racing.

2) This is a dry park addition. A roller coaster, that is. It’s a launched coaster themed to racing (super original), it features four inversions, and is 1000 meters long (3280 feet). It would also be one of the tallest rides in the park (maybe the tallest? Still waiting for a Village board meeting agenda with Six Flags to pop up).
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby Goku1910 on August 2nd, 2018, 3:42 pm
This is totally relatable: https://youtu.be/t_bT7x5lILU

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby Bobthebuilder645 on August 2nd, 2018, 3:43 pm
The way the four girls spray the dude definitely looks like a pitcrew working on a race car

Bobthebuilder645

Postby ilrider on August 2nd, 2018, 3:44 pm
The drop slides are also racing slides, just to add to the racing theme. One thing I am trying to remember is if the survey said it was a dual launched racing coaster. It may have, but I am not sure.
ilrider

Postby Goku1910 on August 2nd, 2018, 3:47 pm
ilrider wrote:The drop slides are also racing slides, just to add to the racing theme. One thing I am trying to remember is if the survey said it was a dual launched racing coaster. It may have, but I am not sure.
No way that could fit in that space.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby JaminOut on August 2nd, 2018, 3:52 pm
Does anyone remember the survey (a few years ago) with a concept for a mobius Koop dual-launch dueling coaster?
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby JaminOut on August 2nd, 2018, 3:57 pm
Double post BUT... this is the official T-Rex concept from IAPPA 2015. A dueling möbius loop coaster with a mid course launch and four inverting elements (five total inversions)...

https://youtu.be/EP1-OFEN81I
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby RollingCoasting on August 2nd, 2018, 4:01 pm
^ Don't think we'll get that coaster but that color scheme would be awesome

JaminOut wrote:- There are four women (Four person racer? Four times 1000... 4000ft long?)

Something kinda similar, the one lady shakes the can 3 times. 3000 ft long coaster? Seems a bit more reasonable for that plot
RollingCoasting

Postby ilrider on August 2nd, 2018, 4:02 pm
^^Oooooh, I think you are on to something here! I honestly thought we would get the first T-Rex, and I swore the survey said it was a dual launched racing coaster. I have seen that concept video before.
ilrider

Postby JaminOut on August 2nd, 2018, 4:15 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:^ Don't think we'll get that coaster but that color scheme would be awesome

JaminOut wrote:- There are four women (Four person racer? Four times 1000... 4000ft long?)

Something kinda similar, the one lady shakes the can 3 times. 3000 ft long coaster? Seems a bit more reasonable for that plot

Speaking of the color scheme... the sunscreen bottles were gray and blue (like the concept video).
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby Goku1910 on August 2nd, 2018, 5:24 pm
As much as I hope it's a false lead I still think my original prediction of SFFT style water coaster is still the most likely addition.

My personal opinion: I hate it. So much so it might actually convince me not to renew my membership/season pass for the 1st time in the years since working there.
Goku1910

Postby SaveTheWAVE on August 2nd, 2018, 5:36 pm
^ I agree that the teaser screams water coaster or water park expansion of some kind. I was really hoping for a custom T-Rex.
SaveTheWAVE

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on August 2nd, 2018, 5:48 pm
I saw the video and I am glad they are making some kind of teaser campaign. Overall I am confused though as both the waterpark and some racing theme are relevant... I think its looking like a waterpark addition. Which I would not be a fan of, but can't say I didn't see it coming. Hopefully the videos are frequent!
Sucker for a launch | Coaster Count: 502
Dan The Coaster Man

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum