Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Mardi Gras Hangover Discussion Thread

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby ChicagoCoasters on June 2nd, 2018, 9:04 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:Ok so I had a chance to ride this yesterday and I was pleasantly surprised! Yea I’ve been on them before but normal height so you really usually can’t see anything. Seeing the skyline and the curvature of the earth upside down was so freaking cool. When you change direction you also get some really good speed. All in all I’d say it’s a great addition to the park. Plus at night the lighting looks amazing!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rode Hangover today and it was alright. It didn't make me want to jump back in line right away. It was just okay. It was broke down almost all afternoon. My friend and I saw it testing after getting off Joker and ran right to it. We were on the second cycle out. Also, the skyline and the curvature was awesome. You were right about that.
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby Jodon on June 3rd, 2018, 1:36 pm
Yeah, seeing the curvature of the Earth doesn't happen at 100 ft. elevation. https://www.quora.com/At-what-altitude- ... -the-Earth

Jodon

Postby gottastrata33 on June 4th, 2018, 2:44 am
Finally rode it. It’s a giggle ride for me. Don’t hate it don’t love it but I like it. Just makes me laugh. The hangtime as many have said is a lot of fun & seeing the park from that perspective for that amount of time is really awesome. I think It livens up the area & is nice to see two big rides really enclose Mardi Gras.

I enjoy the sign & the colors as well as the light package. What I dislike is the slab of concrete que in front. Really sucks they got rid of the fountain. They made a much nicer area for chaos than this over hyped “world’s largest” attraction which will never make sense to me. So here’s a pic of me with the fun sign. Image
I dream of the 400ft "Great American SkyScreamer". x
gottastrata33

Postby AirTimeDaz on June 4th, 2018, 9:01 am
gottastrata33 wrote:Finally rode it. It’s a giggle ride for me. Don’t hate it don’t love it but I like it. Just makes me laugh. The hangtime as many have said is a lot of fun & seeing the park from that perspective for that amount of time is really awesome. I think It livens up the area & is nice to see two big rides really enclose Mardi Gras.

I enjoy the sign & the colors as well as the light package. What I dislike is the slab of concrete que in front. Really sucks they got rid of the fountain. They made a much nicer area for chaos than this over hyped “world’s largest” attraction which will never make sense to me. So here’s a pic of me with the fun sign. Image

Nice shot! T4P
AirTimeDaz

Postby Jackluver18 on June 4th, 2018, 11:05 am
I rode it yesterday after countless times saying I wasn't gonna ride it. I can honestly say I won't ride it again. Didn't do anything for me. The hangtime was literally 2 seconds if not 1 second. Not tops on my list. Maybe that's why I didn't ride the one at Georgia when I went.
SF trips 09 = 15
SF trips 10= 11
SF trips 11 =7
Jackluver18

Postby gottastrata33 on June 5th, 2018, 2:44 am
I didnt take it but thanks ;)
gottastrata33

Postby maxwellt on June 6th, 2018, 5:27 pm
Haven't been on here in a while....here goes nothing

I had my first visit on Monday. It was good right away with no lines, and had one of the first rides on Goliath (saw guy with a stick, didn't recognize me lol) after my friend and I rode goliath, Batman and v2 in the span of 45 minutes, we figured Mardi gras hangover wouldn't be too long of a wait

We waited 40 minutes for a super loop.....rip us

Overall, it was my first ever superloop, and we got on an end seat so not too shabby. Overall the ride was somewhat fun, but thats about it

Operations sucked and it took forever to load a train. It seemed that it was more of loading trains than the ride actually operating

We only rode it once on Monday, overall it's worth a 15 minute wait at max. It's a fun ride to an extent, but waiting long for it isn't worth it. It's not a must ride, but if you have time in your day, go for it. It won't completely disappoint you

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk
maxwellt

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on June 7th, 2018, 9:55 am
^ I went on Monday too. But I didn't wait 40 min for the ride,I ended up waiting 20 min for it. But like I said ride the other superloops and compare it to this one and you will probally agree that this is the best superloop.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby Sven18 on June 7th, 2018, 11:15 am
_FuryBull_330_ wrote:^ I went on Monday too. But I didn't wait 40 min for the ride,I ended up waiting 20 min for it. But like I said ride the other superloops and compare it to this one and you will probally agree that this is the best superloop.

The best superloop...lol...It's like celebrating being the thinnest kid at fat camp.
Sven18

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 7th, 2018, 7:28 pm
^ It isnt a bad ride. It's annoying how people call it a "carnival ride" yet a large collection of flats at our park are rides you'd find at a carnival.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on June 8th, 2018, 11:56 am
OMG I just made the ride operators admit it was a thrill ride. They showed me their cards for rides and stuff and it placed MGH at the Thrill Rides section.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby Jodon on June 8th, 2018, 3:49 pm
Was there a dispute that MGH is a thrill ride? It's even listed on the website as a thrill ride: https://www.sixflags.com/greatamerica/a ... rill-rides

Regardless, congrats on getting a random ride op to verify what seems to be pretty common knowledge.
Jodon

Postby [jonrev] on June 8th, 2018, 10:57 pm
[jonrev]

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on June 10th, 2018, 6:48 pm
Jodon wrote:Was there a dispute that MGH is a thrill ride? It's even listed on the website as a thrill ride: https://www.sixflags.com/greatamerica/a ... rill-rides

Regardless, congrats on getting a random ride op to verify what seems to be pretty common knowledge.

Not too common. The ride op asked who thought that MGH was a coaster 90% of the train rose their hand.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby Jodon on June 10th, 2018, 8:38 pm
You do realize that not all thrill rides are coasters and not all coasters are thrill rides, right? MGH regardless of being a coaster is still a thrill ride.

Jodon

Postby UnclePennybags on June 10th, 2018, 9:51 pm
I rode Hangover during my last visit. As flat rides go, it's a decent addition to the park. Compared to King Chaos, I'd say I prefer Hangover.

Now, with respect to whether it's a coaster or not, I'm somewhat interested in Bilbo's opinion on this matter...

Last edited by UnclePennybags on August 5th, 2018, 5:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
UnclePennybags

Postby AirTimeDaz on June 10th, 2018, 11:29 pm
bilbo knows his stuff
AirTimeDaz

Postby Viper 88 on July 7th, 2018, 9:53 am
Ok so how fluffy friendly we talkin? I can do DEMON, King Chaos, Viper, AE. Superman Batman V2 X Goliath are all no go's never attempted Bull.
Viper 88

Postby benneluke on July 10th, 2018, 9:04 am
When I went yesterday, the operator was telling people in line that they fill the train to capacity every time "no ands, ifs, or buts" and that doing this helps speed up wait times. Yeah, that doesn't really work with such a cramped queue like that unless you have a grouper. Multiple times, they would call out to the line for a single rider or a group of two. They would have to wait for some one to volunteer, and then wait for then to squeeze past everyone to get through.

The load times on this ride are slower (to me) than they should be. The worst is people climbing over the seats to store their items on the other side. If you are on the ends, its tricky to climb in and out.
What a day! What a place! What a smile on your face!
benneluke

Postby IssaCoaster on July 11th, 2018, 9:30 am
Idk if I mentioned this before, but I went on Hangover last week. It wasn't a bad ride. It was a little too tame for my taste, but it was a much more enjoyable ride than King Chaos. Btw, I don't really see the hate on the Joker coaster, sure it's a short ride, but other than the restraints, it was an interesting experience. I just wish there was a little more speed coming off the chain lift to give more forceful airtime
IssaCoaster

Postby CoasterRiderSC on July 13th, 2018, 2:51 pm
IssaCoaster wrote:Idk if I mentioned this before, but I went on Hangover last week. It wasn't a bad ride. It was a little too tame for my taste, but it was a much more enjoyable ride than King Chaos. Btw, I don't really see the hate on the Joker coaster, sure it's a short ride, but other than the restraints, it was an interesting experience. I just wish there was a little more speed coming off the chain lift to give more forceful airtime

JOKER to me just is NOT fun in my opinion. It's not fast, no big drops, no heavy duty forces, nothing really exciting. When I do ride it (because my 8 yo wants to go on it), I'm always thinking "Ok, let's get this over with", or "Oh, we could have been on Batman!".

It's just NOT thrilling or enjoyable and you pretty much have to hold on which I hate. I'd much rather ride Dark Knight (YES!), or Whizzer or even Demon!

Now that she's been on Batman I'm expecting her love of Joker will greatly diminish......
Last edited by CoasterRiderSC on July 13th, 2018, 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby CoasterRiderSC on July 13th, 2018, 2:52 pm
So it seems that the Super Loop (aka the Hangover) is just OK? It's not worth more than a 20 minute wait for?

I've been on Brain Drain in OK. Is this one basically just a taller version of that?
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby RollingCoasting on July 13th, 2018, 3:05 pm
I think it's a really fun ride. I'd totally wait longer than that (And have on multiple occasion), but I know many people don't share that opinion.
RollingCoasting

Postby TheBat on July 14th, 2018, 11:15 am
Hangover was closed the past two days. Anyone know what's up?
TheBat

Postby Goku1910 on July 14th, 2018, 11:22 am
CoasterRiderSC wrote:So it seems that the Super Loop (aka the Hangover) is just OK? It's not worth more than a 20 minute wait for?

I've been on Brain Drain in OK. Is this one basically just a taller version of that?
It really is just OK. Just a slower Fireball.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum