Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2019 rumors, thoughts, speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Wisco Woody on July 8th, 2018, 4:32 pm
Sorry to burst your bubble, but Eagle is not beating Steel Vengeance in height and speed if it gets the RMC conversion. Mean Streak already had a height of 161 ft and drop of almost 160 ft. AE only has a height of 127 ft and a drop of 147 ft which while insanely impressive for 1981 is nowhere near tall enough to be extended to the 200 ft drop of Steel Vengeance. Also topper track is quite more expensive than Ibox track since they have to prefabricate the wood and bolt it to the steel plates in a complicated pattern, so you'd definitely be looking at the Ibox track with results likely very similar to Twisted Colossus.
Wisco Woody

Postby Goku1910 on July 8th, 2018, 4:34 pm
A non racing double lift eagle would not be fun. Pass.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby JaminOut on July 8th, 2018, 4:57 pm
At the park today. In terms of the survey markers near Whizzer, all of them are pink. I know there was discussion earlier whether they were red or pink.
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby B&MGuy35 on July 8th, 2018, 5:02 pm
JaminOut wrote:At the park today. In terms of the survey markers near Whizzer, all of them are pink. I know there was discussion earlier whether they were red or pink.

Pink are temporary markers used while surveying is being done. Usually replaced with whatever color they are doing the survey for at a later time. USUALLY
This is Six Flags so who knows...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

Postby chicagoperson on July 8th, 2018, 7:30 pm
This is an awesome season in terms of speculation lol
1. Steel Vengeance 2. El Toro 3. Maverick 4. Millennium Force 5. The Beast
chicagoperson

Postby IssaCoaster on July 8th, 2018, 11:48 pm
Wisco Woody wrote:Sorry to burst your bubble, but Eagle is not beating Steel Vengeance in height and speed if it gets the RMC conversion. Mean Streak already had a height of 161 ft and drop of almost 160 ft. AE only has a height of 127 ft and a drop of 147 ft which while insanely impressive for 1981 is nowhere near tall enough to be extended to the 200 ft drop of Steel Vengeance. Also topper track is quite more expensive than Ibox track since they have to prefabricate the wood and bolt it to the steel plates in a complicated pattern, so you'd definitely be looking at the Ibox track with results likely very similar to Twisted Colossus.

I wouldn't say that you can't extend the height to 200ft. I would say that Six flags would never put in that much money to make the Eagle that good of a coaster. The Eagle definetly has the potential to be one of the best RMC conversions ever. It just needs money and time to do it, which are things Sixflags doesn't really seem interested in at the moment. Hopefully they prove me wrong. Btw... what is with this RMC speculation? I heard rumors that they were looking at the Eagle again and that they were at the construction spot.
IssaCoaster

Postby IssaCoaster on July 8th, 2018, 11:51 pm
Goku1910 wrote:The word confirmed does not belong in a speculation topic.

Lol. You're right. But I have a very good reason to why it won't be a water park addition
IssaCoaster

Postby Goku1910 on July 8th, 2018, 11:52 pm
You might be able to get above 200 feet if the drop was moved further back and one of the airtime Hills was removed.

This is a stretch though with the entrance that goes under it not to mention it's drop is slightly underground

"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby SaveTheWAVE on July 9th, 2018, 12:44 am
It may be possible to get AE to 180 ft tall by increasing the lift angle to 45 degrees and perhaps starting the lift closer to the station by X amount of feet. The underground portion of Eagle could theoretically still be used, so 180 ft lift + 20 ft underground = hyper drop length.
SaveTheWAVE

Postby Ilovthevu' on July 9th, 2018, 1:38 am
I don't get the Eagle talk. They are the ones painting the entire thing for, (someone said 5 years). If they didn't want to keep it, why waste all that money on painting that thing?
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby Goku1910 on July 9th, 2018, 6:57 am
That doesn't rule out an RMC. If anything, it further supports it.

Goku1910

Postby IssaCoaster on July 9th, 2018, 7:05 am
SaveTheWAVE wrote:It may be possible to get AE to 180 ft tall by increasing the lift angle to 45 degrees and perhaps starting the lift closer to the station by X amount of feet. The underground portion of Eagle could theoretically still be used, so 180 ft lift + 20 ft underground = hyper drop length.

Yup. I also noticed that the first drop on the Eagle is drawn out and not nearly as steep as the RMCs. I wonder how they would tweak that
IssaCoaster

Postby jmanporty7 on July 9th, 2018, 9:22 am
I'm still hoping that a RMC T-rex is what is coming next year. It's only fitting for our park to get the first, looking at the history of firsts we have.
jmanporty7

Postby SFGAmFan12 on July 9th, 2018, 10:40 am
Ilovthevu' wrote:I don't get the Eagle talk. They are the ones painting the entire thing for, (someone said 5 years). If they didn't want to keep it, why waste all that money on painting that thing?

I know some suburban Chicago towns have ordinances on how a property must be kept in good repair...I remember, for example, before Huntley Outlet Mall was torn down the parking lot was in bad shape, light poles were rusting, and the building was dirty so the village issued fines and warnings to clean the place up. I’d be surprised if Gurnee doesn’t have something similar, and I’d be a little upset if I was the town with the way Eagle was looking from the road with the peeling paint and dirt.

TLDR: the park may be painting it to stay within code for now and not be fined if Gurnee has anything similar. I HIGHLY doubt it and it will most likely be around at its 50th birthday, but still.

As for what’s new...I’d like to see a Gerstlauer family style launch ride similar to Firechaser Express at Dollywood. This would give the park a new great family ride and a full circuit launch coaster. I do think it’s some sort of coaster and I hope to god it’s not of a water variant.

My thoughts:
-New Hurricane Harbor dedicated entrance and abandon current path (aligns with past rumors)
-Reroute Vipers queue closer to exit (this is pretty cheap to do in the grand scheme of things)
-We are left with a nice chunk of land to build on. The current paths can be removed since HH would enter through its own gate, the road isn’t needed for the Pictorium, Bull is tall enough to build under its turn, there is enough room for a steep turn near STT, and the train tracks intersecting can be built over or around. I think a good family coaster could fit there.
SFGAmFan12

Postby IssaCoaster on July 9th, 2018, 12:32 pm
SFGAmFan12 wrote:
Ilovthevu' wrote:I don't get the Eagle talk. They are the ones painting the entire thing for, (someone said 5 years). If they didn't want to keep it, why waste all that money on painting that thing?

I know some suburban Chicago towns have ordinances on how a property must be kept in good repair...I remember, for example, before Huntley Outlet Mall was torn down the parking lot was in bad shape, light poles were rusting, and the building was dirty so the village issued fines and warnings to clean the place up. I’d be surprised if Gurnee doesn’t have something similar, and I’d be a little upset if I was the town with the way Eagle was looking from the road with the peeling paint and dirt.

TLDR: the park may be painting it to stay within code for now and not be fined if Gurnee has anything similar. I HIGHLY doubt it and it will most likely be around at its 50th birthday, but still.

As for what’s new...I’d like to see a Gerstlauer family style launch ride similar to Firechaser Express at Dollywood. This would give the park a new great family ride and a full circuit launch coaster. I do think it’s some sort of coaster and I hope to god it’s not of a water variant.

My thoughts:
-New Hurricane Harbor dedicated entrance and abandon current path (aligns with past rumors)
-Reroute Vipers queue closer to exit (this is pretty cheap to do in the grand scheme of things)
-We are left with a nice chunk of land to build on. The current paths can be removed since HH would enter through its own gate, the road isn’t needed for the Pictorium, Bull is tall enough to build under its turn, there is enough room for a steep turn near STT, and the train tracks intersecting can be built over or around. I think a good family coaster could fit there.

This sounds good, but I think Six flags would dedicate this area to a rollercoaster or thrill ride. Our park is pretty well balanced between the kids and older crowd. The park has spaces for the younger crowd and I'm sure that those spaces are enough(camp cartoon needs to be redone though). It's hard to saw what we will get, but I think it is going to be a T rex. Down the road, I think Six flags will convert the American Eagle. Btw, did you guys get anything from the Six Flags surveys that can help us? I heard about two names: Maxx Force and West Coast Racer and that's it.
IssaCoaster

Postby Jacklw6499 on July 10th, 2018, 1:03 am
According to Hardo-Hards7865, RMC trucks and a track walk commenced recently on Eagle.
Favorite Coasters I've Ridden:
Steel: 1. Maverick 2. Steel Vengeance 3. X2 4. Storm Chaser 5. Twisted Colossus
Wood: 1. The Voyage 2. Renegade 3. Mystic Timbers 4. The Legend 5. The Beast
Great America: 1. Maxx Force 2. Goliath 3. Raging Bull 4. Batman: The Ride 5. X-Flight

Coaster Count: 118
Go Hawks!
Jacklw6499

Postby B&MGuy35 on July 10th, 2018, 1:52 am
Double Post

Last edited by B&MGuy35 on July 10th, 2018, 2:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
B&MGuy35

Postby B&MGuy35 on July 10th, 2018, 1:52 am
Jacklw6499 wrote:According to Hardo-Hards7865, RMC trucks and a track walk commenced recently on Eagle.

While I believe this, obviously this is not for 2018 or even 2019. Watch for 2021 to be the year Eagle will be rehabbed or Converted! 40th Anniversary of the coaster!!

Last edited by B&MGuy35 on July 10th, 2018, 2:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
B&MGuy35

Postby ilrider on July 10th, 2018, 2:21 am
B&MGuy35 wrote:
Jacklw6499 wrote:According to Hardo-Hards7865, RMC trucks and a track walk commenced recently on Eagle.

While I believe this, obviously this is not for 2018 or even 2019. Watch for 2021 to be the year Eagle will be rehabbed or Converted! 49th Anniversary of the coaster!!

I think you meant 40th, since Eagle opened in 1981 (probably just a typo). That would be cool!
ilrider

double post
Last edited by ilrider on July 10th, 2018, 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
ilrider

double post (what is with this site lately?)
Last edited by ilrider on July 10th, 2018, 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
ilrider

Postby AirTimeDaz on July 10th, 2018, 7:13 am
Wow. Guess my "unpopular opinion" escalated quickly. :lol: And here I thought I would be pelted with tomatoes.

It's probably all just pure fantasy, but then again, maybe not... all I can say for sure is Alan Schike is a master. I think of him more as a "thrill artist". There is an art to the elements he comes up with and the sequence of forces he engineers. RMC's design software is becoming more refined and their hypothetical animation pov's are becoming increasingly more indistinguishable from real pov's in side by side comparisons.

All I can do for now is just imagine what type of madness RMC could come up with if given a proper budget. I don't know how much SteVe costs to convert, but some time down the road, if we were to spread, lets say 20M, over the course of 2 seasons, i don't think 10M for 2 years is out of the question. It doesn't have to be "taller or faster" than SteVe to be better or just as good. That's a misnomer. Maverick is half it's height and still an enthusiasts fave. Goliath's drop isn't as tall by 20ft but SV is listed as only 2 mph faster.

If they were to ever (and it's still a BIG IF), I don't think it should be a mobius loop like TC, however. I believe they should keep it as a 2-coaster racer, especially for capacity's sake (48 per dispatch people-eater) and as an added bonus, it could be the world's longest, fastest hybrid racer, and it would be a real record instead of ridiculous, made up six-flags records. "Iron Eagle" could definitely be an amazing mix between SV and TC, but I think some people will bemoan the very idea of it because they have this thing about nostalgia, but new nostalgia is made everyday by everyone that experiences memorable things. 8)
AirTimeDaz

Postby coasterjoy on July 10th, 2018, 12:58 pm

When RMC comes to a park and does a track walk like this, what all are the possibilities for what they would be doing? Like an estimate?

coasterjoy

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on July 10th, 2018, 3:12 pm
Can I have an actual source to this because I'm getting excited but not too sure.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby IssaCoaster on July 10th, 2018, 3:40 pm
_FuryBull_330_ wrote:Can I have an actual source to this because I'm getting excited but not too sure.

I second this. I need sources, proof, sites, pics, anything. Show me what you got.
IssaCoaster

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum