Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2019 rumors, thoughts, speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby ChicagoCoasters on July 3rd, 2018, 10:19 am
SFGAMNUT9302 wrote:If this does turn out to be a Roller Coaster...... Now that the Wild Mouse has been removed from Black Pleasure Beach, Great America could add one more wooden coaster and become the wooden coaster capital of the world.

Do you think they would add a GCI in that spot?

SFGAM used to have the most wooden coaster track out of any park in the world until Kings Island built Mystic Timbers.
1. Kings Island: 18,804 with 5 Woodies
2. Six Flags Great America: 16,558 with 5 Woodies
3. Hersheypark: 13,329 with 4 Woodies
I think the Pictorium spot will be used for a RMC Raptor. Maybe down the road they could add a GCI like Gold Striker in the Buccaneer Battle and Go-Karts spots. Hopefully it would be better than Gold Striker though. It's funny we build a wooden coaster where CGA built a Raptor and we build a Raptor where CGA built a woodie.
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby JT2002 on July 3rd, 2018, 11:03 am
Goku1910 wrote:Some people commented on the markers near the road as well but those could be for the railroad if it moves/gets reconfigured.

Like with X-Flight.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I would imagine that the Railroad is going to be closed for the rest of the season pretty soon once construction gets underway.
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on July 3rd, 2018, 2:39 pm
ChicagoCoasters wrote:
SFGAMNUT9302 wrote:If this does turn out to be a Roller Coaster...... Now that the Wild Mouse has been removed from Black Pleasure Beach, Great America could add one more wooden coaster and become the wooden coaster capital of the world.

SFGAM used to have the most wooden coaster track out of any park in the world until Kings Island built Mystic Timbers.
1. Kings Island: 18,804 with 5 Woodies
2. Six Flags Great America: 16,558 with 5 Woodies
3. Hersheypark: 13,329 with 4 Woodies
I think the Pictorium spot will be used for a RMC Raptor. Maybe down the road they could add a GCI like Gold Striker in the Buccaneer Battle and Go-Karts spots. Hopefully it would be better than Gold Striker though. It's funny we build a wooden coaster where CGA built a Raptor and we build a Raptor where CGA built a woodie.

After they removed Deja Vu I was hoping for a GCI Like American Thunder... I always felt that was a missed opportunity. Speaking of Deja Vu.... I wonder if they will pull a 2001 again... Adding a Coaster in the Pictorium plot and throwing a Skywarp in trail blazers old spot. 2 New coasters for 2019! lol
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on July 4th, 2018, 12:58 pm
^ Hmm it seems like a great idea and it still wouldn't effect our ride budget for some of us who care.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby Jacklw6499 on July 6th, 2018, 11:36 pm
Apparently, some RMC employees were at Eagle the other day looking at footers
Jacklw6499

Postby Goku1910 on July 6th, 2018, 11:44 pm
^Eagle RMC has been floating around for years. Park management even admitted they have explored ideas for it. Personally, I'd rather see Viper get it the RMC treatment.

"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby Coaster Justin on July 7th, 2018, 1:15 am

It is destroyed. Even Knoebel's couldn't get it (I asked).
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby IssaCoaster on July 7th, 2018, 10:25 am
Goku1910 wrote:^Eagle RMC has been floating around for years. Park management even admitted they have explored ideas for it. Personally, I'd rather see Viper get it the RMC treatment.

I'm telling you right now... something needs to be done about the Eagle. I rode it the other day and I didn't remember it being that rough. It is not even enjoyable to me anymore. The airtime is good, but everthing else just ruins the experience. Before the bumping and shakinf was manageable.... but now I can't get off without my neck or head hurting. I actually like the Viper a lot more than the Eagle now. I'd actually put it at third or fourth best in the park. The Batman actually surprised me. It is one of the best rides in the park if you sit at the back. If RMC does convert the Eagle though, Sixflags better put in the money to make the job done right. Better extend that drop by 90 ft.
IssaCoaster

Postby jmanporty7 on July 7th, 2018, 11:01 am
I personally have no issues with Eagle, although some regular retracking work would still improve the ride greatly.
jmanporty7

Postby B&MGuy35 on July 7th, 2018, 11:39 am
According to Screamscape, possible pre-forms for coaster footers have been spotted in the employee parking lot. Can anyone confirm?
B&MGuy35

Postby Ilovthevu' on July 7th, 2018, 3:16 pm
Just to mention this (I know he said that's Goliath's footers), water slides also have footers. So, let's say they put footers up, it doesn't mean (dry) roller coaster necessarily. Just saying.

https://www.sfftsource.com/thunder-rapids/
or Batman
http://www.coastergallery.com/1999/GA13.html

Smaller waterslide footers:
https://www.sixflags.com/sites/default/ ... sfww_6.jpg
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby IssaCoaster on July 7th, 2018, 5:44 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:According to Screamscape, possible pre-forms for coaster footers have been spotted in the employee parking lot. Can anyone confirm?

I can confirm. They are old though
IssaCoaster

Postby IssaCoaster on July 7th, 2018, 5:45 pm
I can semi confirm that the next addition will not be at the water park. I'm pretty sure this is confirmed, but I don't want to take any chances. That is what I have found out.
IssaCoaster

Postby RollingCoasting on July 7th, 2018, 6:07 pm
Anyone think we could get Kanonen next year? I know it's a long shot considering how unusual it would be for us to get a 13 year old relocated coaster, but I've been hearing some things that make me think there's a possibility. Afterall, it was apparently purchased by a park in the Midwest and seems to be a perfect fit for the Pictorium site. Thoughts?
RollingCoasting

Postby Goku1910 on July 7th, 2018, 6:11 pm
Seems unlikely. I can't even remember the last time Six Flags purchased any used ride. Let alone a Roller Coaster.

"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby Tardis1972 on July 7th, 2018, 6:46 pm
Goku1910 wrote:Seems unlikely. I can't even remember the last time Six Flags purchased any used ride. Let alone a Roller Coaster.

What about Chang? Wouldn't that count as a used ride?

Also Screamscape has another picture with markers in place. Although I can't exactly tell if they're red or pink markets.
Tardis1972

Postby Tardis1972 on July 7th, 2018, 6:47 pm
Double post
Last edited by Tardis1972 on July 7th, 2018, 6:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tardis1972

Postby Ilovthevu' on July 7th, 2018, 7:06 pm
^He said "purchased". Six Flags does take used rides out of their own parks (or a park they DID own), but he's talking about Six Flags buying a Cedar Point ride for instance, and than putting it in a Six Flags park.

Six Flags felt Chang was their ride, and took it out of "their" park. If you also remember, they took a wild mouse coaster out of that park too. T2, they thought was complete garbage, and left it. lol

Six Flags told the Kentucky fair board that they were taking Chang out, and going to put in a waterpark thing in it's place. What Six Flags did though is took that and the wild mouse coaster out of there, and than announced they are closing. The Kentucky fair board was mad at them. They snuck it out of the park fast. lol

It ties back to Great America though because we got the waterpark expansion that was supposed to go Kentucky Kingdom, and than Chang (instead of coming by us) went to Great Adventure.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby Tardis1972 on July 7th, 2018, 8:02 pm
Yeah I figured that. Just took a wild guess with that one. Well what about Little Dipper then? The park did purchase it after all.
Tardis1972

Postby IssaCoaster on July 7th, 2018, 11:52 pm
I'm now gonna go ahead and say that it is confirmed that the next addition will not be a water park addition.
IssaCoaster

Postby Goku1910 on July 8th, 2018, 5:39 am
The word confirmed does not belong in a speculation topic.

Goku1910

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on July 8th, 2018, 7:11 am
When it comes to the American Eagle and RMC. I would love to see it! It would be extremely expensive to use IBOX track on 9,000 + feet, so they would probably end up going with topper track.

The Great American Eagle would almost certainly be a GP magnet. Look what RMC did to Mean Streak. They took one of the worst wooden coasters in the world and turned it into one of the best Roller Coasters in the world.

Who ever thought Mean Streak would end up being one of the most popular rides at Cedar Point? lol
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby B&MGuy35 on July 8th, 2018, 9:51 am
SFGAMNUT9302 wrote:When it comes to the American Eagle and RMC. I would love to see it! It would be extremely expensive to use IBOX track on 9,000 + feet, so they would probably end up going with topper track.

The Great American Eagle would almost certainly be a GP magnet. Look what RMC did to Mean Streak. They took one of the worst wooden coasters in the world and turned it into one of the best Roller Coasters in the world.

Who ever thought Mean Streak would end up being one of the most popular rides at Cedar Point? lol

Honestly in my opinion I think we get a RMC conversion on Eagle in 3 years with that being the next major installment at our park. You gotta figure that Cedar Fair prolly has a clause in their contract with RMC stating they hold the world record for a min of 3 years.

Yes yes we all know Eagle would cost a fortune but it really is the only coaster in Six Flags arsenal that could compete with Steel Vengeance if that’s what they intend to do. I don’t think they would touch El Toro seeing how popular it is and well that’s technically a RMC anyways since they built it, right? They could easily steepen American Eagle’s lift hill slightly and add to the top to achieve the world record for height and speed not to mention to have it be dueling racing coaster hybrid. It would basically be like getting 2 coasters in one year budget wise but again with our proximity to Cedar Point it quite possible as we’ve always been competitor with them. And knowing Six Flags they’d go for silly records too like most RMC coasters in one park seeing we’re getting a Raptor or T-Rex this year! [FACE WITH STUCK-OUT TONGUE AND WINKING EYE]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

Postby jmanporty7 on July 8th, 2018, 1:23 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote: Yes yes we all know Eagle would cost a fortune but it really is the only coaster in Six Flags arsenal that could compete with Steel Vengeance if that’s what they intend to do.

Only coaster huh? The Boss at SFSL has probably the most potential out of any coaster in the world to compete with Steel Vengeance, if it were to be RMC'd.
jmanporty7

Postby B&MGuy35 on July 8th, 2018, 1:47 pm
jmanporty7 wrote:
B&MGuy35 wrote: Yes yes we all know Eagle would cost a fortune but it really is the only coaster in Six Flags arsenal that could compete with Steel Vengeance if that’s what they intend to do.

Only coaster huh? The Boss at SFSL has probably the most potential out of any coaster in the world to compete with Steel Vengeance, if it were to be RMC'd.

I honestly forgot about that coaster but my guess is still for Eagle and our park being that our park is the companies Premier Park in the chain (in my opinion) and if you don’t believe that then just look at everything we’ve gotten in the last 10 years compared to other parks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum