Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2019 rumors, thoughts, speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby _FuryBull_330_ on May 27th, 2018, 1:03 pm
^ Nice sighting. If Six Flags acquires it than its more likely we get a dry park addition.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on May 27th, 2018, 4:37 pm
Six Flags Magic Waters has a good ring to it!
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby AirTimeDaz on May 28th, 2018, 9:20 am
I've lived in rockford for 20 years and have never stepped foot in to Magic Waters. (nothing against the park, it look cool, jut not a waterpark guy) but i'm all for them acquiring it. From what the previous commenter said. If SF had a dry park addition in Rockford i would be among the HAPPIEST of campers! There's so much empty space out this way and land is pretty darn dirt cheap.
AirTimeDaz

Postby SFGAM_Hog on May 28th, 2018, 11:13 am
In my opinion, Demon should be removed and taken to another park that would help increase its ridership or refurbished. Yesterday, even though it was extremely crowded, Demon was a walk-on. It's getting old and it is obvious a large amount of guests don't even want to ride it. Maybe in the near future Demon will finally be taken down for a new addition.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby Goku1910 on May 28th, 2018, 11:16 am
SFGAM_Hog wrote:In my opinion, Demon should be removed and taken to another park that would help increase its ridership or refurbished. Yesterday, even though it was extremely crowded, Demon was a walk-on. It's getting old and it is obvious a large amount of guests don't even want to ride it. Maybe in the near future Demon will finally be taken down for a new addition.
When Demon goes it will not be relocated, Arrow has slowly been dying off and it's just not cost effective to keep them going.

As for Demon being removed, the head of ride operations has a thing for Demon so it is well protected. Rumors of Demons removal have been coming and going for years and nothing ever happens with it.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby CoasterDemon on May 28th, 2018, 11:40 am
Demon possessed the park in 1980 and it's here to stay. Even if they have to replace most of the ride, it's staying. Check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkXdBO5QpQc

My dream is to rebuild the ride as if Schwarzkopf built it. You know, super-comfy and practical trains. But add a longer pre-lift section... and maybe some updated effects. A modern system and mag brakes, of course.
CoasterDemon

Postby SFGAM_Hog on May 28th, 2018, 11:41 am
^^ Darn you, Damien! :lol:
SFGAM_Hog

Postby UWW-10 on May 28th, 2018, 12:02 pm
Demon can be a people eater if you have the right crew of people running it so a shorter line doesn't always mean that people aren't riding it (Whizzer could be too if it wasn't for the dispatch interval the park makes the crew use...although I do see from a safety standpoint where they are coming from). As long as the park can continue to maintain and find replacement parts and it is cost effective to do so, it will stick around.

I see the Pictorium space for nothing more than a water park expansion which would would likely include a separate gated entrance for HH next season as that seems to be current trend of the chain. I also wonder about STT as I can see the park parting ways with that as well.
UWW-10

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on May 28th, 2018, 12:05 pm
Demon needs some new age restraints, and it would be alot smoother. The Corkscrews are where the headbanging is the worst!
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on May 28th, 2018, 12:12 pm
UWW-10 wrote:I also wonder about STT as I can see the park parting ways with that as well.

Wait what. You did not just say that, the park would never remove it since on crowded days it has a longer line than Demon. The park knows if they remove it than they wouldn't be able to build anything in it's place.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby Ilovthevu' on May 28th, 2018, 2:44 pm
^I think Sky Trek Tower is on the chopping block. When you don't operate a ride from 2- 6pm, that's a really, really BAD sign. It's a family ride. I like this ride, but I like Condor way better.

To me though, it's not the ride that should leave. The battle water ride should leave. The black EVIL Arrow roller coaster should leave, and than Giant Drop should be taken out of the park. Add a pendulum ride, Backlot Stunt Coaster, and Tivoli Orbiter.

After those leave, next should be Fiddler's Fling.
Last edited by Ilovthevu' on May 28th, 2018, 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby MrsTaxi on May 28th, 2018, 2:45 pm
_FuryBull_330_ wrote:
UWW-10 wrote:I also wonder about STT as I can see the park parting ways with that as well.

Wait what. You did not just say that, the park would never remove it since on crowded days it has a longer line than Demon. The park knows if they remove it than they wouldn't be able to build anything in it's place.

Anything can be removed. STT seems to break down a lot as of late. Nothing in its place? :lol: Try a Sky Screamer.
MrsTaxi

Postby JaminOut on May 28th, 2018, 3:29 pm
Sky Trek Tower will not be removed. The height restriction is as high as it is because STT was grandfathered in. If STT comes down, then the height restriction will be lowered to either what the board suggested it to be set at or to the next tallest point in the park (Giant Drop). That a 100+ ft difference in height that we would no longer be allowed to build at...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby anewman35 on May 28th, 2018, 3:41 pm
JaminOut wrote:Sky Trek Tower will not be removed. The height restriction is as high as it is because STT was grandfathered in. If STT comes down, then the height restriction will be lowered to either what the board suggested it to be set at or to the next tallest point in the park (Giant Drop). That a 100+ ft difference in height that we would no longer be allowed to build at...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have ANY evidence of this? Or just making it up? Because I've never heard anything of the sort, and it doesn't really make any sense. If the board wanted to say that they would never allow anything taller than Giant Drop again, they could put that in law while stile grandfathering in STT. In fact, they've actually made the height limits less strict the last few years, not more.

I've often wondered how strict the STT limit even is. As far as we know, the park has never even tried to do anything approaching that tall. Yes, I know the STT limit is because of an airport, but that doesn't mean it's would be totally impossible to get something approved (laws can be changed, exceptions can be made), we just don't know..
anewman35

Postby cliffhanger on May 28th, 2018, 3:57 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote:^I think Sky Trek Tower is on the chopping block...I like this ride, but I like Condor way better...The battle water ride should leave. The black EVIL Arrow roller coaster should leave, and than Giant Drop should be taken out of the park...After those leave, next should be Fiddler's Fling.

Wow, what a loaded post.
I highly doubt that STT is leaving. It's air conditioned, family friendly and a great way to see the park for people who don't do thrill rides.
Condor is a totally different ride than STT. If anything, that carnival ride should go.
I agree with you on BB. It's past it's prime.
Demon, I can take it or leave it. But there is no other coaster with vertical loops like that.
Are you serious on GD? People LOVE that ride. It's easy to maintain and is a great draw.
FF is a strangely specific choice. Take out HTFM instead. At least Fling is unique.
cliffhanger

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on May 28th, 2018, 4:22 pm
If Great America wanted to install a 400+ foot Sky Screamer, how would they go about changing the height limit? Can they just get approval from the Gurnee zoning board? Or would they have to get approval from the FAA?
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby anewman35 on May 28th, 2018, 5:51 pm
SFGAMNUT9302 wrote:If Great America wanted to install a 400+ foot Sky Screamer, how would they go about changing the height limit? Can they just get approval from the Gurnee zoning board? Or would they have to get approval from the FAA?

I believe anything over the STT height does require approval from the FAA as well.
anewman35

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on May 30th, 2018, 4:08 am
From Screamscape regarding 2019.

2019 - New Attraction - Rumor - (5/30/18) So we know Six Flags Great America tore out the Pictorium as quick as they could, but the question of why still remains. According to one source, some kind of big project has been fast-tracked for the site, likely for the 2019 season, but no one seems to know what just yet. Is it time for a new coaster already? You never know, but the park did just open Joker in 2017, Goliath in 2014 and X-Flight in 2012, so the park hasn't exactly been hurting for a new coaster. The park has also been in near the front of the line when it comes to getting all the trendy rides that the corporate office wanted to spread throughout the chain like the Larson Super Loops, Justice League dark rides, S&S 4D Free Spin Coasters, and even has an RMC coaster. Newer trends in the making could include a giant flat ride or two, like the Cyborg Cyber Spin, or maybe a Raptor style coaster, but none of those seem big enough or urgent enough to start on right now for 2019. The park did skip out on the SkyScreamer trend though. Time to keep those eyes and ears open

In other words, they have no idea what's coming, lol. All I can say is this... given the trends over the past 8 years, I'm glad Great America is my home park! We've been blessed with the only new and non-relocated B&M post bankruptcy, and the only ground up wooden RMC. On top of that, we are getting Holiday in the Park plus a Large super loop this year, when they could have just given us one instead of both. Hopefully within the next few months we will get a teaser!
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby AirTimeDaz on May 30th, 2018, 11:06 am
SFGAMNUT9302 wrote:From Screamscape regarding 2019.

2019 - New Attraction - Rumor - (5/30/18) So we know Six Flags Great America tore out the Pictorium as quick as they could, but the question of why still remains. According to one source, some kind of big project has been fast-tracked for the site, likely for the 2019 season, but no one seems to know what just yet. Is it time for a new coaster already? You never know, but the park did just open Joker in 2017, Goliath in 2014 and X-Flight in 2012, so the park hasn't exactly been hurting for a new coaster. The park has also been in near the front of the line when it comes to getting all the trendy rides that the corporate office wanted to spread throughout the chain like the Larson Super Loops, Justice League dark rides, S&S 4D Free Spin Coasters, and even has an RMC coaster. Newer trends in the making could include a giant flat ride or two, like the Cyborg Cyber Spin, or maybe a Raptor style coaster, but none of those seem big enough or urgent enough to start on right now for 2019. The park did skip out on the SkyScreamer trend though. Time to keep those eyes and ears open

In other words, they have no idea what's coming, lol. All I can say is this... given the trends over the past 8 years, I'm glad Great America is my home park! We've been blessed with the only new and non-relocated B&M post bankruptcy, and the only ground up wooden RMC. On top of that, we are getting Holiday in the Park plus a Large super loop this year, when they could have just given us one instead of both. Hopefully within the next few months we will get a teaser!

I was just wondering when/if they would start teaser campaign since they've broken ground already. Harder to keep what it is under wraps once they get further into the construction.
AirTimeDaz

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on May 30th, 2018, 2:49 pm
Goliath's teasers started on August 1st with that "Follow the Journey" video! So hopefully by late July early August we'll get something! I'm still shocked that they didn't announce Holiday In The Park last year with the 2018 video, and instead waited until a few months ago. With Six Flags, who knows! lol

If RMC or B&M track starts appearing in the employee parking lot, we'll know for sure 2019 will be an awesome season!
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby anewman35 on May 30th, 2018, 8:14 pm
SFGAMNUT9302 wrote:Goliath's teasers started on August 1st with that "Follow the Journey" video! So hopefully by late July early August we'll get something! I'm still shocked that they didn't announce Holiday In The Park last year with the 2018 video, and instead waited until a few months ago. With Six Flags, who knows! lol

Advertising Holiday in the Park for 2018 in fall 2017 would have just confused people. People don't hear details, they just hear "Six Flags is open for Christmas!". And then it wouldn't be, and it would just be a big mess...
anewman35

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on May 31st, 2018, 3:39 am
anewman35 wrote:
SFGAMNUT9302 wrote:Goliath's teasers started on August 1st with that "Follow the Journey" video! So hopefully by late July early August we'll get something! I'm still shocked that they didn't announce Holiday In The Park last year with the 2018 video, and instead waited until a few months ago. With Six Flags, who knows! lol

Advertising Holiday in the Park for 2018 in fall 2017 would have just confused people. People don't hear details, they just hear "Six Flags is open for Christmas!". And then it wouldn't be, and it would just be a big mess...

True! I'm glad me and my friends can have new years Eve at Great America, lol Hopefully HITP works out well!
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby coasterfanatic on June 2nd, 2018, 3:14 am
It's been said MULTIPLE times. Great America can not build ANYTHING higher than Sky Trek Tower because of the Waukegan airport.

They would be very unlikely to get FAA approval to build something taller than it and quite frankly, there really don't need too.
coasterfanatic

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on June 3rd, 2018, 8:54 pm
Umm guys please check the entrance of Hurricane Harbor and look at the non-existence gate which is now blocked by a black metal fence. I've never noticed that before but this was the first time.
How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby jmanporty7 on June 4th, 2018, 11:42 am
FuryBull, got any pics of it?
jmanporty7

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum