Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2019 rumors, thoughts, speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Mr.EveryDaySFGA on May 16th, 2018, 7:34 pm
AirTimeDaz wrote:I was just joking about garbage the ride hopefully :lol:

I think whatever it is will be pretty cool. After they announced superloop, i thought, "ok well maybe we'll get something better for 2019 or 2020." Just for fun, I also wonder if there are any more roadmap clues in their "choose your path" series from 2014. They mentioned Pictorium and Demon, but we chose to hear more about Demon so we never got the chance to hear what they would have said re: Pictorium

We also didn't get to hear about Buccaneer Battle, the video for it was interrupted w/ vintage park footage so they basically just trolled us and left it in the air lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJbRWBA ... kKr7KTJnLq
I wouldnt mind if they closed buccaneer battle it isnt really a must ride attraction or even a good one idk if its me because i dont like water rides but it allways seems closed

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Mr.EveryDaySFGA

Postby SFGAM_Hog on May 16th, 2018, 7:36 pm
^ I enjoyed those teasers! I have to say, they made a huge deal for 3 kiddie rides. If they refurbished the trains on Demon with new lap bar or a vest restraint, I'd ride it more. The corkscrews are so painful and vest or a lap bar would be much better.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby Goku1910 on May 16th, 2018, 7:44 pm
Never seen an arrow with vest restraints. Even if I don't hit my head Demon still hurts my neck.

As long as Dameon is in charge at SFGAm he will fight to keep Demon. If corporate told the park they were dismantling Demon he would contest it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby Mr.EveryDaySFGA on May 16th, 2018, 7:48 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:^ I enjoyed those teasers! I have to say, they made a huge deal for 3 kiddie rides. If they refurbished the trains on Demon with new lap bar or a vest restraint, I'd ride it more. The corkscrews are so painful and vest or a lap bar would be much better.
Agreed

Mr.EveryDaySFGA

Postby SFGAM_Hog on May 16th, 2018, 7:51 pm
In those teasers, Southwest Ampitheater area is now Justice League, Aunt Martha's is Strutter's, and now an attraction may be going into Carousel Plaza ?
SFGAM_Hog

Postby Ilovthevu' on May 16th, 2018, 8:24 pm
^Well, really they show the Pictorium, and they just knocked that down. 2 more left to go. Maybe, we will be saying goodbye to the black Arrow roller coaster soon, and who knows about Buccaneer Battle not being listed for Christmas in the park. At least the park is not denying that these are the rides /restaurant / show area that need the most help. It sort of makes sense though because they plan this stuff years in advance.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby Mr.EveryDaySFGA on May 16th, 2018, 8:50 pm
If you were to see buccaneer battle be demolisned next season what do you want to see

Mr.EveryDaySFGA

Postby Goku1910 on May 16th, 2018, 8:53 pm
If we were to get a Wonder Woman clone I would much rather have it there than Pictorium. It think it would just barely fit in that area.

"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby SFGAM_Hog on May 16th, 2018, 9:10 pm
My problem with a major attraction in Pictorium's plot of land is that the entrance of the new ride should have a plaza. Carousel Gifts blocks the way for a big entrance. They also could have a sign pver the pathway by the exit of STT, but the traffic of this area would be very jammed. If only they would open up the area by removing Carousel Gifts and making a new gift shop for the area that this ride could exit through. I do understand Carousel Gifts is a cash cow and the chances of them moving it is small.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on May 17th, 2018, 7:23 am
SFGAM_Hog wrote:My problem with a major attraction in Pictorium's plot of land is that the entrance of the new ride should have a plaza. Carousel Gifts blocks the way for a big entrance. They also could have a sign pver the pathway by the exit of STT, but the traffic of this area would be very jammed. If only they would open up the area by removing Carousel Gifts and making a new gift shop for the area that this ride could exit through. I do understand Carousel Gifts is a cash cow and the chances of them moving it is small.

Well you could put the entrance near the quiet zone pathway. Sure it would no longer be a quiet zone but then again has that quiet zone always been quiet :D .
How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby Mr.EveryDaySFGA on May 17th, 2018, 3:03 pm
If six flags were to add a clone it most likely will be the harly quinn spinsanity that looks like the infinity sign or one of those zamparla rides

Mr.EveryDaySFGA

Postby Sven18 on May 17th, 2018, 4:00 pm
Mr.EveryDaySFGA wrote:If six flags were to add a clone it most likely will be the harly quinn spinsanity that looks like the infinity sign or one of those zamparla rides

Skwarps are likely coming to many parks, they are surely the new superloop. SF helped Skyline with the final design of Skywarps. so they are vested in a way. SF gave some help b/c they want to buy a bunch, they cost just 2M and they can "call them a coaster". Zamperla rides SF has bought clones of are just the Giant Discovery and Mega Disko, they never cloned the Endeavours for some reason, though they are a great ride. Anther great Zamperla flat is the Hawk. Zamperla flat ride package consisting of any 2 of the 3 -- Discovery, Endeavour or a Hawk would good. ABC Turbillion is also a flat that might eventually show up in my opinion.
Sven18

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on May 17th, 2018, 5:19 pm
Mr.EveryDaySFGA wrote:If six flags were to add a clone it most likely will be the harly quinn spinsanity that looks like the infinity sign or one of those zamparla rides

Well if so, we would need a lot of flat rides to fill up that space. If it was only one flat than it's a waste of space.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby TwistedSTEEL666 on May 24th, 2018, 4:33 am
So with the removal of the Pictorium, that open's up a fair bit of space between HH and the park itself. Do you think it's enough space for an RMC T-rex coaster?
Do you think they'd do that?
SECOND 2014 VISIT: May 24th, 2014.
2014 Season Pass Holder

"Would You Like A Jelly Baby?" - The 4th Doctor (Doctor Who).

Antonio Aguilera
https://www.facebook.com/BEAMER3K
http://beamer3k.deviantart.com/
View my artwork.
TwistedSTEEL666

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on May 24th, 2018, 5:50 am
TwistedSTEEL666 wrote:So with the removal of the Pictorium, that open's up a fair bit of space between HH and the park itself. Do you think it's enough space for an RMC T-rex coaster?
Do you think they'd do that?

Oh yeah, there's enough room for a custom T-REX or a very large raptor. As far as would they do it? All depends on what Corporate feels is appropriate for the park! They've been beefing up Great Americas Coaster lineup since 2012, so I don't see why they wouldn't do it again!
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on May 24th, 2018, 7:54 am
^ Hmm it intrigues me but I think a full circuit launch coaster would be better.

_FuryBull_330_

Postby Muck Finnesota on May 24th, 2018, 10:55 am
SFGAM_Hog wrote:If they refurbished the trains on Demon with new lap bar or a vest restraint, I'd ride it more. The corkscrews are so painful and vest or a lap bar would be much better.

Vest restraints are the work of the devil.
Keep Eurofighters in Europe
Muck Finnesota

Postby Goku1910 on May 24th, 2018, 11:04 am
If they're not too tight they're actually quite the opposite. X-Flight's are tight, Banshee's are better.

Goku1910

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on May 24th, 2018, 12:09 pm
_FuryBull_330_ wrote:^ Hmm it intrigues me but I think a full circuit launch coaster would be better.

I'm cool with that, lol. A large steel looper and a Full circuit launch are two attractions that this park sorely lacks... and a ferris wheel too, lol
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby Ilovthevu' on May 24th, 2018, 3:15 pm
Yah, you are right, post below. They phrased it really weird. Usually you don't go ON a parade (the Mardi Gras parade.) You usually WATCH a parade instead. Sure, they probably pick 10 people to ride those floats, but that's weird to me to say it that way.

Something else interesting is that their might be a buyer for the Magic Waters Waterpark in Rockford IF it does get sold. I wonder if Six Flags might be the ones because they did just buy 3 waterparks.
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2018/05/24/ ... ic-waters/
Last edited by Ilovthevu' on May 24th, 2018, 4:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby benneluke on May 24th, 2018, 4:15 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote:...they say go backwards on Batman, ride Justice League, and than they say go on the Mardi Gras coaster..... They don't have a Mardi Gras coaster at St. Louis. Is that spiel meant for us?

I think it's saying "Go crazy for the Mardi Gras Parade". Who knows, they could very well use the same audio clip for SFGAm as well. We are having a Mardi Gras parade too (probably the same floats they have). It would be great to have Batman go backwards as well. From what I've heard, the backwards train travels around the different chains. It might stop at GAm this summer...
What a day! What a place! What a smile on your face!
benneluke

Postby jmanporty7 on May 24th, 2018, 6:09 pm
From my knowledge, the Namtab train hasn't served a single park multiple times. I might be wrong tho...
jmanporty7

Postby coasterjoy on May 25th, 2018, 7:33 pm
Goku1910 wrote:If they're not too tight they're actually quite the opposite. X-Flight's are tight, Banshee's are better.

Yes!! X-Flight's vests are extremely tight, and can even become painful, especially when sitting on the break run once they've tightened up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterjoy

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on May 26th, 2018, 11:58 am
Vest restraints are great (as long if it's not X-Flight's) so if we got a raptor with those restraints win. A launch coaster with those restraints win win, but I think a lap bar is better.

_FuryBull_330_

Postby staticshadows on May 27th, 2018, 12:53 pm
Hurricane Harbor Rockford, New for 2019?

https://www.sanluisobispo.com/entertainment/celebrities/article211803539.html
Rockford Park District mulls sale of well-known water park

May 24, 2018 02:38 AM

Updated May 24, 2018 02:39 AM

ROCKFORD, Ill. —

The Rockford Park District is considering selling a well-known water park because of financial challenges.

The Rockford Register Star reports someone approached the district recently about buying or leasing Magic Waters water park.

Park District Executive Director Jay Sandine says the district has explored a sale before because the park's business is so weather-dependent. He says if there's a bad summer it can affect the whole district's finances.

Under state law, the district must get voter approval to sell the park. Some local lawmakers are pushing legislation to allow a sale if four of the five district board members approve, and if the sale price is at or above the average of three independent appraisals.
staticshadows

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum