Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Buy or Build your own theme park???

Talk about anything that has to do with the amusement park industry here.
Postby CoasterRiderSC on July 3rd, 2017, 11:14 am
Coaster Justin wrote:From Screamscape.com about My Great America

2019- While the park is releasing various hints regarding 2018's new attraction, We've heard rumors that 2019 will be something for the waterpark with minor attractions in 2020 and 2021.

2022- According to a source of mine, The park has chosen this year for their next major coaster. All I know is that it's not an Intamin as recent news stories (Falcon's Fury, Shoot the Rapids, Inferno, Splash Canyon) have scared the park President from adding any of their attractions.

Future- I've heard from more than a few people that the park is conducting surveys on classic rides and if there's any they don't need, Which makes me think that some classic rides (Carousel, Sky Trek Tower, Whizzer, Demon, Ricochet, Sky Whirl, Yankee Clipper, Loggers Run, Rue Le Dodge, Whirligigs, Scenic Railway, Antique Cars) might be on the chopping block in the near future.

Sky Whirl has been gone since 2000 .....
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on July 3rd, 2017, 12:18 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:

2019- While the park is releasing various hints regarding 2018's new attraction, We've heard rumors that 2019 will be something for the waterpark with minor attractions in 2020 and 2021.

2022- According to a source of mine, The park has chosen this year for their next major coaster. All I know is that it's not an Intamin as recent news stories (Falcon's Fury, Shoot the Rapids, Inferno, Splash Canyon) have scared the park President from adding any of their attractions.

Future- I've heard from more than a few people that the park is conducting surveys on classic rides and if there's any they don't need, Which makes me think that some classic rides (Carousel, Sky Trek Tower, Whizzer, Demon, Ricochet, Sky Whirl, Yankee Clipper, Loggers Run, Rue Le Dodge, Whirligigs, Scenic Railway, Antique Cars) might be on the chopping block in the near future.

Justin has his own version of SFGAm. In his scenario, He buys the park back in the 90s, and makes different decisions than what actually happened. This post shows if Screamscape reported on his version of the park.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby CoasterRiderSC on July 3rd, 2017, 1:36 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:
CoasterRiderSC wrote:

Justin has his own version of SFGAm. In his scenario, He buys the park back in the 90s, and makes different decisions than what actually happened. This post shows if Screamscape reported on his version of the park.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Cam, Thanks for straightening me out!! I forgot what thread I was reading :oops:
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby Coaster Justin on July 3rd, 2017, 2:55 pm
Sorry to confuse everyone. Edited to prevent confusion
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby Coaster Justin on September 1st, 2017, 12:09 am
My Official Announcement regarding my 2018 addition:

Great America will take guests to a new ride in 2018. The historic amusement park has announced plans for a new roller coaster for next summer named Silver Flash. Located in County Fair, Silver Flash will treat riders to inversions, airtime hills, and terrain-hugging elements that have never been experienced on a Great America roller coaster. The ride is being built by Mack Rides of Germany and will join the park's other Mack ride, Pirate Beach.

The trains on Silver Flash are also very unique. For one, there are four of them, more than many roller coasters, leading to a very high capacity for the ride. The restraints on the ride utilize a lap bar that comes down from above, which sounds similar to the Over the Shoulder Restraints featured on many coasters, but the restraints do not cover the shoulders. This restraint style represents modern thrills as well as only lighting the 124 foot Vertical Loop to enhance the already thrilling ride.

The ride begins with a slow turn to build suspense for the ride, and all the suspense releases in one thrilling climax- a 0-65 mph launch in an incredibly short 2.5 seconds. The launch is achieved through Linear Synchronous Motors and is one of Mack's fastest roller coasters they've built.

The riders blast out of the factory and into the light, racing down the track, through a rock wall, and into the first element, a large, turn that climbs to 124 feet 8 inches and leaves its riders dangling at 90 degrees before racing back down. This leads to the first inversion of four- a forceful 124 foot vertical loop. From there, the train will hug the terrain as it twists and banks around hairpin turns with quick but smooth changes in direction. Throughout the 2-minute, 30-second ride, passengers will also experience several “airtime-filled hills,” three more inversions, spiral curves, and two dark tunnels that will leave them in awe as they reach speeds of over 60 mph!

In addition to this, The ride will be the only one of it's kind in North America to offer both forward and backward facing seats while it launches and loops. Offering 2 very different ride experiences.

Situated on several acres around 2015's Extreme Eagle roller coaster, 2017's Professor Fizz's and Opening Day's Fiddler's Fling, Silver Flash will be Great America's 13th coaster, offering more than 7 and a half miles of coaster track. Silver Flash will cost over $25 million to build, making it one of the single largest investments in the park’s history. Since acquiring the park in 1996, Justin and his team have added or converted nine roller coasters, 26 rides, and one of the largest waterparks in America with over 35 rides and slides. While that is a large investment, The park has said they're already planning something larger.

“We listened and our guests kept telling us they wanted a launched coaster. Silver Flash represents a new brand of roller coaster,” said Justin., Park President of Great America. "Silver Flash is the only one of it's kind in North America. It is only right that it be built at Great America.”

The rides name and theme are another throwback to classic Riverview. Along with Aladdin's Castle, Strat O Stat, and Comet, Silver Flash will fit in and carry over 1,500 riders an hour. The ride's main highlight is a nearly 125ft vertical loop, One of the tallest inversions in the Midwest. The ride will be only the second launch coaster in the parks history. "We expect over five million riders this year alone" Says Justin.

At the end of the 2017 season, Iron Wolf will be removed from the park. The ride and park will close in October just before the Second Annual Holiday Event. The final ride will include two train full of Chicago Wolves teammates. "We hate to see rides removed but when you don't have alot of room left, you have to remove to add. We would like to thank the over 20 million riders that have ridden the Wolf." Park officials have not announced what will happen to Iron Wolf.

Regarding the height, Justin said "The park will take advantage of the height ceiling of 125 feet by making the ride a few inches shorter. By being just under that ceiling we can avoid the meeting and approvals from the village of Gurnee, Saving time and money" says Justin. "We're pretty good at that. We haven't had to get approval for anything since 2008's Comet."

While Iron Wolf will be removed, the ride’s station and most of the queue line will be reused for Silver Flash. Throughout the winter and spring of 2017, construction crews prepared and made marks for Silver Flash, even before the park opened for the season. Speculation grew throughout the summer as to what Great America was planning for the future. Up until this time, SFGAmWorld.com- the official Great America fansite, has only teased the public and worldwide audience of coaster enthusiasts about the latest happenings at the site.

Guests who crave fun and excitement can ride Silver Flash when Great America opens for the 2018 season in April. (Guests must be at least 52 inches tall to ride.)

“As a coaster enthusiast, I can’t wait to ride Silver Flash,” stated Jerry Willard, president of American Coaster Enthusiasts, a worldwide club of coaster enthusiasts. “I believe Silver Flash will delight its riders with many surprising elements, including its compact layout and incredible inversions.”

Guests will be able to follow the construction progress of Silver Flash at the park’s Web site, GreatAmericaThemePark.com. Exclusive webcams will help keep thrill-seekers up-to-date on the happenings at the ride site throughout the construction process.

Don't forget to come by for Food & Fun Fall Festival, New Haunted Houses for this years Great aSCAREica and Celebrate the most wonderful time of the year with our Second annual Great aMERRYca Winter Event.

Coaster Justin

Postby Viper 88 on September 13th, 2017, 9:49 am
This is Alot different than my dream park thread I should revive it I started it and got extremely busy and haven't gone back to it in ages I really should.
Viper 88

Postby Coaster Justin on October 12th, 2017, 4:35 am
Viper 88 wrote:This is Alot different than my dream park thread I should revive it I started it and got extremely busy and haven't gone back to it in ages I really should.

Would love to hear it.

Great aSCAREica 2017 Lineup (Details Coming Soon as I'm sick)

Great aSCAREica is Held from September 29th to November 5th
• Haunted House- HospiTROLL (Southwest Territory Arcade)
• Haunted House- Princess Of Pain’s Terror Island (Picnic Grove House) (Wonder Woman Ripoff)
• Haunted House- Nikki & Missy’s Mansion Of Mayhem (Games Gallery Arcade) (From Last Year)
• Haunted House- Medusa’s Misery (Southwest Amphitheater VR) (From 2002)
• Walk Through- Werewolf Woods (Roaring Rapids)
• Walk Through- Kingdom Of the Apes (Picnic Grove Walk Through) (Kong Skull Island Ripoff)
• Walk Through- City Of A Thousand Tortures (Hawaiian Waves)
• Simulator- Dracula 4D (Pictorium)
• Parade- The Jack O’ Lantern League
• Show- Party at the Graveyard (Grand Music Hall)
• Show- Torturous Tricks (Theatre Royale)

Buy Your 2018 Passes and Save $20 Per Pass, After GREAT aSCAREica (Excluding Dining Pass), Prices go up
Individual Season Passes (1-2) are $124.00
Family Season Passes (3+) are $100.00 Each
Season Dining Passes are $95.00

Coaster Justin

Postby Coaster Justin on November 6th, 2017, 6:50 pm
Update:

Trudy's Sweet Shop will be updated, renovated and renamed "Carol's Confectionery"
Mardi Gras Recording Studios is gutted and becomes "Bayou Boutique" (A Gift shop)
Antique Photorium in Yankee Harbor will be converted into a Gift shop named "Lighthouse Landing"
Pretzel Stand in Yukon Territory will become "Lil' Orbits" selling Fresh Hot Mini Donuts
Last edited by Coaster Justin on November 14th, 2017, 6:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Coaster Justin

Postby Coaster Justin on November 7th, 2017, 4:27 am
Great aMERRYca's Attraction List

From November 24th to January 1st

New This Year
Screaming Sleigh (Witch Doctor VR)
Kringle’s Factory (Professor Fizz Overhaul)
Lights Drive Thru (Antique Cars)- Great America Raceway
Ice Age- Mammoth Christmas (Simulator)- In The Pictorium
The 12 Cats Of Christmas (Pet Show)- In Theater Royale

Returning
Carousel Skating (Ice Skating) [*]- Entrance area
Snowball Fight Zone (Snowball area)- Southwest Action Theater area
Santa Trek Tower (Lights)
Lucky’s Mini America (Model Train)- Mooseburger Lodge area
Presents Of Fun (Parade)
Santa’s Wacky Elves (Show)- Grand Music Hall
Karaoke Carolers (Show)- Snowshoe Saloon
Winter Wonderland Express (Train Ride)
Reindeer Ranch (Petting Zoo) [*]- Picnic Grove
Santa’s Landing (Meet & Greet) [*]- Loggers Run station
Frosty’s Igloo (Meet & Greet) [*]- Yankee Clipper station
Moose Tracks (Walk Through)- Picnic Grove
Hawaiian Holiday (Walk Through)- Hurricane Harbor

[*] Upcharge attraction with 90% going to various charities

Coaster Justin

Postby Coaster Justin on March 11th, 2018, 3:50 am
2019 Hints:
Can't Have Wet without Wild
Height and Width
Splash and Suds
Not June or August

01- Brave
05- The
10- Whitewater
11- Action
15- and
16- cool
19- A
22- the
24- Temple

Every Month, 2 Words will be added. Any Guesses?
Last edited by Coaster Justin on May 2nd, 2018, 7:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Coaster Justin

Postby Coaster Justin on April 1st, 2018, 1:26 pm
Updated

Coaster Justin

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on May 17th, 2018, 2:46 pm
^ I'd buy Six Flags Great America

2019- B&M Dive Coaster in Pictorium's spot.

2020- Waterpark Expansion

2021- Minor additions

2022- B&M Giga Out and Back layout.
How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby CoasterDemon on May 18th, 2018, 9:58 am
I would buy Great America and make it one of the best-run, user-friendly parks in the country (motivation thanks to Holiday World, Cedar Point and Knoebels).

- Fix up American Eagle: restore the 1981 "classic trains" - plain PTCs with buzz bars and a seat belt, no "wings" or headrests - fix clearances in the helix, etc. Bring the entrance of the ride directly in front of the ride (on the other side of the tracks)... which would connect to the new walking path between Demon and the Eagle "tent."

- Build a new Demon! But as if Schwarzkopf had built it originally... Schwarzkopf trains and a modern system, mag brakes, etc. Longer, winding and themed tunnel to the lift.

- Connect the path between the Viper station area to the former Pictorium entrance. Clearly a practical path to link up the park. Put entrance to Viper in front of Viper (similar to above change to Eagle). There is enough space for queue under the station and in the courtyard for both rides. You haven't lived until you have pushed someone in a wheel chair to and from both of those wooden coasters.

- Whizzer needs mag brakes so no more rain woes.

- Remove "holding pens" from flat ride entrances. Those may have been good when the park was new and rides had an extra ride op to "count in" the number of riders for the next spin, but nowadays it creates an "eat or be eaten" race when the ride gate is opened. Splitting up groups, etc. Guests shouldn't have that extra burden. I don't think any of those holding pens have been used properly since the 80s.

Basically, fix up what they already have and make the park able to operate better. More places to sit and end the Six Flags tradition of "passive-aggressive queues" to rides and similar intentionally-long walk paths from rides. Treat people with respect and show them a good time. Respect their time and they will be back and WANT to spend money. This is where Six Flags as a whole company dropped the ball sometime in the 90s. And finally, stop letting people in for cheap/nearly free.

(Similar plans for Magic Mountain! Conneaut Lake Park and La Ronde are also dreams waiting to happen.)
Last edited by CoasterDemon on May 18th, 2018, 10:15 am, edited 4 times in total.
CoasterDemon

Postby CoasterDemon on May 18th, 2018, 10:05 am
And Mt. Olympus. What a place that could be. Everyone who ever worked there would have to be replaced, though.
CoasterDemon

Postby Ilovthevu' on May 19th, 2018, 11:44 pm
I would buy Six Flags Over Texas. I would take out Titan & Texas Giant. Put in Kumba from Busch Gardens Tampa in Titan's spot. In Texas Giant spot, I would put in Deja Vu, a Tilt-A-Whirl, Eyerly Spider, Zamperla Balloons (like Saint Nicholas Village), a Chance Century Wheel. Change the Justice League ride to Scooby-Doo.

Never buy the Turbillon. Put an Alpine Bobs in that spot. Put back the Troika. I would definitely put money into the lighting. The lighting stunk on it. Change the Chance Yo-Yo's name to something with no guns (Not a gun themed name), and make it tilt like it should. The Chance Yo-Yo would also get classic Chance Yo-Yo lighting again with the middle fiberglass intact again instead of stupid barebones. Take out the Rodeo, and put in a Tivoli Orbiter.. Take out the Trabant, and put in a Chance Wipeout instead. Take out the Teacups, and put in a Tivoli Spin Out. Take out the boat ride and the Zamperla Rockin Tug junk. The Rockin Tug could be replaced with a Hi-Lite Scat ride. Take out S&S Superman and put in Zamperla Power Surge and a Huss Swing Around.

The Pand ride would be called Skateboarder instead. I would knock down the Oil Derrick and put in a Tivoli Force 10. A waste of space in my opinion. Would call the Joker ride Wonder Woman Lasso, and make it have 5 magnets that make the thing flip. Go-Karts would be free with admission.

Since their is a big show arena, I'm bringing back the Batman Stunt Show. Batman / Batgirl vs Mr. Freeze.
Last edited by Ilovthevu' on May 19th, 2018, 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby Coaster Justin on May 19th, 2018, 11:48 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote:I would buy Six Flags Over Texas. I would take out Titan & Texas Giant. Put in Kumba from Busch Gardens Tampa in Titan's spot. In Texas Giant spot, I would put in a Tilt-A-Whirl, Eyerly Spider, Zamperla Balloons (like Saint Nicholas Village), a Chance Century Wheel, and a Tivoli Force 10. Change the Justice League ride to Scooby-Doo.

Never buy the Turbillon. Put an Alpine Bobs in that spot. Put back the Troika. I would definitely put money into the lighting. The lighting stunk on it. Change the Chance Yo-Yo's name to something with no guns (Not a gun themed name), and make it tilt like it should. The Chance Yo-Yo would also get classic Chance Yo-Yo lighting again with the middle fiberglass intact again instead of stupid barebones. Take out the Rodeo, and put in a Tivoli Orbiter.. Take out the Trabant, and put in a Chance Wipeout instead. Take out the Teacups, and put in a Tivoli Spin Out. Take out the boat ride and the Zamperla Rockin Tug junk. The Rockin Tug could be replaced with a Hi-Lite Scat ride. Take out S&S Superman and put in Zamperla Power Surge and a Huss Swing Around.

The Pand ride would be called Skateboarder instead. I would knock down the Oil Derrick. A waste of space in my opinion. Would call the Joker ride Wonder Woman Lasso, and make it have 5 magnets that make the thing flip. Go-Karts would be free with admission.

Since their is a big show arena, I'm bringing back the Batman Stunt Show. Batman / Batgirl vs Mr. Freeze.

Sounds like your building a whole park.

Coaster Justin

Postby Ilovthevu' on May 19th, 2018, 11:54 pm
^Well, to me Over Texas has some amazing coasters (except I don't care for Titan or Texas Giant), but not a ton of great flats in my opinion.

I want to keep Mr. Freeze, Joker (with a renaming / fixing it), Batman, the Skateboarder ride, Judge Roy Scream, Mine trains, Runaway Mountain, La Vibora, and Shockwave. Keep Looney Tunes, Aquaman, Log Flume, Chance Yo-Yo, Carousel, Skyscreamer, Go-Karts, Pendulum, New Orbit type of ride, Rapids ride, Scrambler, Boots Scootin, Train, stunt show. 24 things isn't nothing, and I wouldn't touch the "kiddie area". I didn't even think of that area.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby Coaster Justin on May 21st, 2018, 12:09 am
Ilovthevu' wrote:^Well, to me Over Texas has some amazing coasters (except I don't care for Titan or Texas Giant), but not a ton of great flats in my opinion.

I want to keep Mr. Freeze, Joker (with a renaming / fixing it), Batman, the Skateboarder ride, Judge Roy Scream, Mine trains, Runaway Mountain, La Vibora, and Shockwave. Keep Looney Tunes, Aquaman, Log Flume, Chance Yo-Yo, Carousel, Skyscreamer, Go-Karts, Pendulum, New Orbit type of ride, Rapids ride, Scrambler, Boots Scootin, Train, stunt show. 24 things isn't nothing, and I wouldn't touch the "kiddie area". I didn't even think of that area.

Wow. I loved New Texas Giant

Coaster Justin

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on May 21st, 2018, 5:58 pm
Continued...
2023: Minor Additions, Buccaneer Battle, and Go Karts get removed.

2024: RMC T-Rex

2025: Hometown Park Expansion toward storage

2026: Iron Horse American Eagle

2027: GCI retrack of Viper and more ride duration.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby Coaster Justin on September 4th, 2018, 3:47 pm
THE OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT for MY Great America

Bigger, Better, Wilder, Wetter
We have decided to focus on our already gigantic waterpark and are going to make it even bigger and better. In 2019, The guests can encounter 12 waterpark attractions from little kids to thrill seekers to adults. Our centerpiece will be the Manoa Falls with 7 tube and body slides 100ft above the ground containing wicked and twisted slides that are enclosed from the very top to the bottom. For those who aren't as brave can enjoy Gulch Stream on an exciting 1,000ft river attraction around the gigantic Manoa Falls wearing only life vests and water effects around every corner including geysers, sprays, mists, and tipping coconuts. At Hawaiian Waves, We realize that not everyone can handle all our insane rides and would rather just relax. For those people we are introducing the Waka Temple where those 21 and over can enjoy an alcoholic beverage in our new swim up bar. There will also be a seating area inside the pool and we are also offering non-alcoholic drinks for those who just want to relax but aren't old enough.

This expansion comes a year after fan favorite Silver Flash was added which has already sent more than three million passengers through over 3,000 feet of loops, hills, and tunnels. When asked about the waterpark expansion; Park President Coaster Justin says that our guests have been complaining that lines were too long at the waterpark over the years. We also needed to have something family friendly after the big thrill coaster of Silver Flash. We took advantage of both problems at once.

We will also plant 20 more palm trees, add more misters, and add more shade to make those hot summer days a little more enjoyable for guests of all ages.

These 12 rides will thrill and enjoy over 4,500 people an hour, representing our 7th and largest expansions to our waterpark since it opened in 2002. We estimate you will probably need at least three days to see and enjoy everything in the theme and waterpark. The Waterpark opens in May of next year with all of these attractions.

Fast Facts:
Manoa Falls will be one the of Nation's tallest and largest slide complexes
Gulch Stream will be the fastest and only action river in the Midwest
Waka Temple will be the first Swim Up Bar in the State of Illinois

Riders must be at least 48" to ride Manoa Falls. There will be no height requirement for Gulch Stream or Waka Temple but ID's will be required for Alcholic purchases.

All of the Attractions are being designed and provided by Proslide of Ottawa, Canada

Other Things Going On
Pirates Pizza & Pasta is renamed “The Plank” and turned into a Pizza & Pasta Buffet with a completely rebuilt and rethemed food place
America The Beautiful is performed at Grand Music Hall containing some of the best songs about America
13 Magic is performed at Theatre Royale containing new and incredible magic that has never been attempted before
Smoke’s Poutinerie is added to Farmer’s Market, Replacing Pizza Express
Splash & Bubbles Plays in the Pictorium. Based on the hit PBS KIDS Series, Experience a kelp forest, whale migration, and underwater volcano with the stars of the show in a 4D 12 minute experience.
Adventures Of Princess Alexis will explore the fan favorite character through nonstop action, comedy, and stunts in our Southwest Action Theater

Admission is $68.00 next year for anyone 48" and above
Junior/Senior Admission is $40.00
Individual Season Passes are $127.00
Family Passes are $100.00 Each
Season Dining Passes are sold for $95.00

Manoa Falls

Gulch Stream

Waka Temple

Coaster Justin

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on September 6th, 2018, 11:23 am
^ That looks so amazing, maybe you should actually be the CEO of Six Flags instead of Jim Meme Anderson :lol: .

_FuryBull_330_

Postby Coaster Justin on September 7th, 2018, 1:01 am
_FuryBull_330_ wrote:^ That looks so amazing, maybe you should actually be the CEO of Six Flags instead of Jim Meme Anderson :lol: .

Only if they pay at least $100,000 a year

Coaster Justin

Postby Coaster Justin on September 20th, 2018, 4:49 am
Update:

We have noticed and heard complaints about long lines for Coke Freestyles, So we are adding 2 new locations:

Great Southwest (In Boomtown Buffet)
Yukon Territory

Meaning there are now Coke Freestyle Locations in:
Hometown Square (2010)
Great Southwest (2019)
County Fair (2012)
Yukon Territory (2019)
Yankee Harbor (2010)
Hawaiian Waves (2015)

Coaster Justin

Postby Coaster Justin on August 5th, 2019, 5:38 am
Family Fun Is Job One

Great America in Gurnee, Illinois is proud to announce two major family additions in 2020. Both of these rides will be able to thrill over family members 1,500 people an hour representing another incredible expansion year.

In Yukon Territory, Experience the incredible new coaster Gentle Grizzly. Using VR Technology will allow guests of all ages on over 1,000 feet of twists and turns for the entire family while riding on a bunch of bears around the Pacific Northwest.

"I can't wait to experience this unique coaster" says European Coaster Weekly President Emily Claire. This will be the only one of it's kind in the region where you get to experience virtual reality while on a coaster.

"This represents our 14th and one of our more unique coasters" says Justin Coasters, President of Great America. Worried about the problems of additional wait times, The park has modified the coaster to run two trains at all times. Guests must be at least 48" to ride Gentle Grizzly alone or 36" with a parent. Unlike Hurricane (Batman), The trains will offer only Lapbar Restraints. Vekoma of the Netherlands is providing the attraction.

"While this is another year without a major coaster, That will not be the same, The next coaster will be the only one of it's kind in the Region."

Elsewhere in the park will be Sand Island, A 20,000sqft Splash Play area for kids and families. Jets, Sprays, and Fountains will entertain the younger kids in our Hawaiian Island Waterpark. Whitewater is providing the attraction.

Both additions should provide hours of fun and entertainment in 2020. Construction is expected to start in November for Sand Island and January on Gentle Grizzly. Both attractions are planning to open on opening day of the theme and waterpark respectively.

More New Things for 2020:
The New Millennium II= Experience 10 of the greatest songs from 2010-2019 (Grand Music Hall)
Fun-O-Lympics= Watch Pets re-enact the 2020 Summer Olympics (Theater Royale)-- Sponsored by PetSmart
Chaos in Wonderland 4D= Ed and Edda try to save a Theme park that comes to life with Dinosaurs, Pirates, and other Fairytale characters. (Pictorium)
Pink Princess 2= 16 years after her debut in 2004, Pink Princess is back to take on villians in a show filled with action, suspense, comedy, and surprises. (Southwest Action Theater)
Party Mobiles Parade will take 12 Cars themed to various parts of America on an amazing Nighttime Parade Experience-- Sponsored by Johns Cars of Texas.
In Honor of the parks 45th Anniversary, We are adding Fireworks45. An Incredible show celebrating the past, present, and future of this wonderful park.

Park Prices for 2020:
One Day Admission- $70 (2 Dollar Increase)
Junior/Senior Admission- $42 (2 Dollar Increase)
Parking- $15 (3 Dollar Increase)
1-2 Season Passes- $130 (3 Dollar Increase)
3+ Season Passes- $100
Family Dining Passes- $95

Coaster Justin

Postby Coaster Justin on August 28th, 2019, 11:19 pm
Also Bourbon Street Cafe will be overhauled and renamed Big Easy Eatery

Coaster Justin

PreviousNext

Return to General Coaster Talk