Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2019 rumors, thoughts, speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Goku1910 on May 16th, 2018, 11:31 am
Sven18 wrote:
Goku1910 wrote:]Ah, here we go again with his superior knowledge of how Six Flags Corporate works. How about thinking from a park visitor perspective just once?

Parks don't think like enthusiast and the common patron. So, you think putting in 9 superloops and 6 Free fly clones and the many other ubiquitous clones of cheap rides in the SF chain are what visitors want?
I'm not disagreeing with the clone wars argument, I'm questioning your insider knowledge of Six Flags corporate since you seem to know so much.

I hate the clones as much as you do and I already know SF will continue this trend since it's been affecting other parks for many years. During the time that everyone was getting sky screamers I was honestly surprised we didn't. Great America only recently started getting these clone additions and it was only a matter of time until the superloop came our way.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby Goku1910 on May 16th, 2018, 11:33 am
astucks18 wrote:
Sven18 wrote:
astucks18 wrote:Gigas will be coming in the future to six flags parks. But not in the next few years. Why would a park buy a $30m giga when they can buy a $10m RMC, yet still pull in the same amount of people.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

You disprove your first statement with the second.
Six flags will stop mass buying RMC's and Gigas will become more affordable. The park president of SFMM even said themselves when twisted collossus had its opening ceremony that a giga will come, It just wont be for a few years, like I said.

I'd like the clip of that ceremony. Time to plan a trip to SFMM. Ha.

I'd be down for them tearing out Goliath for that.

"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on May 16th, 2018, 11:33 am
astucks18 wrote:Gigas will be coming in the future to six flags parks. But not in the next few years. Why would a park buy a $30m giga when they can buy a $10m RMC, yet still pull in the same amount of people.

There is a slim chance of getting a giga in the next few years. However as more attendance means more money and as they get more money their ride budget may go up a couple million and as it does they may have money to put in a custom giga.
How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on May 16th, 2018, 1:32 pm
Here we go again :-) Next he'll be arguing that they should hire fat girls at Hooters and serve bacon at Islamic diners.

Sven18 wrote:
SFGAMNUT9302 wrote:When it was first built, it increased attendance by 25\%

Source other than hearsay..ie..SF, news article, etc...

SFGAMNUT9302 wrote:At the end of the day it's all about keeping their shareholders and guests happy.

Actually it's all about shareholders. SF has cultivated a base of people that value cheap passes over big coasters.
SFGAMNUT9302 wrote:When they see dollar signs and growth potential coming from a specific park, they will invest heavily into it.

No, they don't, They have record revenue and EBIDTA, meanwhile are planning to start reducing the cap exp below the current 9% of north american revenue. These are Wall Street people running SF, not amusement park veterans that are looking for the greatest customer experience like Disney, CF, etc.. They spent 500M on stock buybacks last year, 300M+ the year before, and already green llit 300m+ more for 2018. Meanwhile , they are littering their parks with 6-7M cheap 4D coasters, superloops, etc...

Sources and hearsay? You need to get off the phone with those Six Flags executives and learn how to use Google man! https://www.deseretnews.com/article/635 ... -2005.html You literally said "It's all about the shareholders" when I said It's about the shareholders and the Guests...... This clearly shows BBD not only lacks communication and personable skills, but fails to understand basic business decisions..... Without guests you wouldn't even have shareholders, or Six Flags for that matter. The entire point of a business is to draw in as many paying customers as possible to maximize profit, enrich their share holders and reduce debt (If it even has any)

I need to correct myself on one thing... Hurricane Harbor gave Great America a 24% boost in attendance when it was built, not a 25% boost like I had originally posted. I say this now, because that will be the entire focus of BBD's next Ritalin withdrawing, stating opinion as fact post...... LOL you said 25% and it was 24% LOOOOL.

As far as Record Revenue and the Cap being lowered.... That's what tends to happen when you have record revenue, you need a smaller slice of the pie. Again, the Cap expense formula allocates a specific amount that can be spent on new attractions for the entire chain.... it DOESN'T allocate "X" amount to each park, or decide what type of rides each park is going to get! Capital is added accordingly based on potential ROI for each individual park. Alot of parks got clones in 2016 and 2017.... so what? There's no specific strategy to keep buying cloned rides, only your opinion. Which is 100% useless.

Six Flags Over Georgia just built their own Hurricane Harbor a few years back, post bankruptcy.... Why would they do that when they could have installed a cheap tilt a whirl? Simple... Because someone saw growth potential by specifically adding a Hurricane Harbor to that specific park! .... Why did Great America get X-Flight and Goliath, when they could have easily added a large kids area where X-Flight stands and simply kept Iron Wolf? Because someone saw potential for growth by adding those specific rides to that specific park.

As for the future of Great America? I don't know! I don't state my opinions as fact or pretend to know what is going to come to each park in the future. All I know is that there's a big ass plot of land being cleared, and the Coaster right next to it is being repainted for the first time in 20 something years. It's all a guess at this point.
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby Sven18 on May 16th, 2018, 1:47 pm
astucks18 wrote:
Sven18 wrote:

Six flags will stop mass buying RMC's and Gigas will become more affordable. The park president of SFMM even said themselves when twisted collossus had its opening ceremony that a giga will come, It just wont be for a few years, like I said.

Giga's become affordable...Lol. You do know the prices have been going up. Just like a hyper in 2018 costs more than a hyper in 2000. Giga's are not mass produced clones where time and volume lowers costs like the 150 Vekoma Boomerangs.

Please oh please link to the interview or article of this "giga SF statement. Of course we know why you won't and can't...you made it up.
Sven18

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on May 16th, 2018, 2:07 pm
^ Are we seriously arguing over this again. But even though I'd agree with you astucks I have to agree with Sven. We need actual proof that MM or Six Flags themselves actually said that. This could be crucial information over the future of Six Flags parks. Also can we please go back on topic, do we really have to argue over business strategies even though we know Six Flags decided a strategy. Sven I know you like to to talk about strategies or logic (even though you put a thousand LOLs) but we already know what strategy Six Flags is doing. We are here to discuss about 2019, if you want to make a buisness strategy thread than do it. Based on the land we are given a waterpark expansion seems more likely. However the land that is given is a pretty good chunk so we might as well think it could be a coaster. Maybe a launch or raptor, or maybe something like Hangtime at Knotts.
How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby Sven18 on May 16th, 2018, 2:31 pm
SFGAMNUT9302 wrote:
Without guests you wouldn't even have shareholders, or Six Flags for that matter. The entire point of a business is to draw in as many paying customers as possible to maximize profit, enrich their share holders and reduce debt (If it even has any)

LOL..Your big comeback is they have customers. Yes, they have cultivated people like you that love $60 passes and put up with the bad service and small investments. SF does as little as possible for guests and shows little concern with cheap ride investments, bad operations, food service, below industry standard employees, etc.. Sf does this b/c they know people like you will show up no matter. It's the deal SF Fanboys like you bought into. Really cheap prices and neglect of all the things mentioned before to enhance the actual experience. It's just the opposite of places like Disney, CF, BGW, etc.. that have a higher cost park entry model. They are about the experience and the patron pays more for it, there are no $60 passes and 100 bring a friend for free day. When people pay more they expect more from the many aspects of the experience beyond ride.

SFGAMNUT9302 wrote:As far as Record Revenue and the Cap being lowered.... That's what tends to happen when you have record revenue, you need a smaller slice of the pie. Again, the Cap expense formula allocates a specific amount that can be spent on new attractions for the entire chain.... it DOESN'T allocate "X" amount to each park, or decide what type of rides each park is going to get! Capital is added accordingly based on potential ROI for each individual park. Alot of parks got clones in 2016 and 2017.... so what? There's no specific strategy to keep buying cloned rides, only your opinion. Which is 100% useless.

No, actually after record revenue companies increase the cap exp as you can still retain the margin. They reinvest more, which will at least keep the investment % the same or actually increase it. Companies don't rest on their laurels and cut their investments that will effect the future. Having record revenue and cutting cap exp is all about shareholders and enriching themselves. SF is gold for shareholders, not for patrons. T

The thing that is the basis of what you hate about the things said is SF largely takes people like you for granted, They have tested things and their patrons will show up regardless. You're like a fan for a team that sells out every home game though they are annually a mediocre team, with no chance for winning the title. The management thinks I could spend another 75M on players, but if the games are all sold out and attendance is increasing regardless, why should I? You're the fan that will show up to ever home game no matter how poorly they do for how many years. You will once in a while moan about something, but the team knows you're showing up next year. It's called taking patrons for granted which SF largely does by it's actions

SFGAMNUT9302 wrote:Six Flags Over Georgia just built their own Hurricane Harbor a few years back, post bankruptcy.... Why would they do that when they could have installed a cheap tilt a whirl? Simple... Because someone saw growth potential by specifically adding a Hurricane Harbor to that specific park! .... Why did Great America get X-Flight and Goliath, when they could have easily added a large kids area where X-Flight stands and simply kept Iron Wolf? Because someone saw potential for growth by adding those specific rides to that specific park.

Please don't talk about SFOG b/c they like SFOT expenditures are governed by a minimum required investment over a 5 yr running period. Those 2 parks got 24.7M in 2017 and expected to get 15.6M in 2018 Those parks are "partnerships" in which there are distributions required and SF is buying the units for full ownership over a long period of time. So SFOG HH was governed by entire different set of parameters. I know this is beyond you but Xflight isth cheapest B&M wing and Goliath the cheapest topper track. They are not big investments as sub 14M coasters. The fact, you think they are big coasters, shows how well SF has cultivated a complaint patron base in their cheap cost/high volume model.
Last edited by Sven18 on May 16th, 2018, 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sven18

Postby B&MGuy35 on May 16th, 2018, 2:36 pm
Take it for what you want but just spoke to operators at Sky Trek Tower and she said they’ve been informed it will be a coaster. But they have no idea what type.

Believe what you want I guess...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

Postby astucks18 on May 16th, 2018, 2:51 pm
Sven18 wrote:
astucks18 wrote:
Sven18 wrote:[quote="astucks18"]Gigas will be coming in the future to six flags parks. But not in the next few years. Why would a park buy a $30m giga when they can buy a $10m RMC, yet still pull in the same amount of people.

Giga's become affordable...Lol. You do know the prices have been going up. Just like a hyper in 2018 costs more than a hyper in 2000. Giga's are not mass produced clones where time and volume lowers costs like the 150 Vekoma Boomerangs.

Please oh please link to the interview or article of this "giga SF statement. Of course we know why you won't and can't...you made it up.[/quote]Waittt lmaoo your the guy who proposed they could run 4,5, or 6 trains on wonder woman

astucks18

Postby Mr.EveryDaySFGA on May 16th, 2018, 2:58 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:Take it for what you want but just spoke to operators at Sky Trek Tower and she said they’ve been informed it will be a coaster. But they have no idea what type.

It will most likely be a vekoma or intamin since they are cheaper than b&m but it would be cool to see viper or American eagle get an rmc treatment but i doubt it

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Mr.EveryDaySFGA

Postby Sven18 on May 16th, 2018, 3:07 pm
_FuryBull_330_ wrote:

There is a slim chance of getting a giga in the next few years. However as more attendance means more money and as they get more money their ride budget may go up a couple million and as it does they may have money to put in a custom giga.

To raise the ride budget by 5.4M requires a 100M increase in North American revenue. FYI, revenue growth the last 3 years 80M, 60M, 40M....downward trend in growth amount.

The revenue from park admissions is decreasing going from 40M year over year for 3 year stretch to about 26M the last 2..ie...SF has plateauing on how many cheap season passes they can sell, as the people that want them appears to have them. Any growth will likely be a small increment and has been trending down with attendance growth of 3M, 1.5M, and last year just 300K. Hence, SF is trying to increase prices with memberships b/c they see the plateau in attendance happening. Food & Merchandise is on an even sharper down trend from increases of 40M to 21M to just 4M in 2017. All, this being said, the big revenue growth is going to be the foreign license deals which grew by 30%, while admissions grew by 4% and food by 1%. Problem with foreign deals being the big revenue grower is it's not included in the revenue for cap exp formula.
Last edited by Sven18 on May 16th, 2018, 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sven18

Postby Goku1910 on May 16th, 2018, 3:37 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:Take it for what you want but just spoke to operators at Sky Trek Tower and she said they’ve been informed it will be a coaster. But they have no idea what type.

Park operations don't know jack so don't bother them with questions like this.

Often times park management doesn't know until late in the process. And they're tight-lipped.

Source: I worked for the park.

Goku1910

Postby Mr.EveryDaySFGA on May 16th, 2018, 3:38 pm
Goku1910 wrote:

Often times park management doesn't know until late in the process. And they're tight-lipped.

Could you tell your experiences and what rides you worked at

Mr.EveryDaySFGA

Postby Goku1910 on May 16th, 2018, 3:44 pm
Mr.EveryDaySFGA wrote:
Goku1910 wrote:

Could you tell your experiences and what rides you worked at

No but I can tell you I was there for 4 years.

Goku1910

Postby B&MGuy35 on May 16th, 2018, 3:51 pm
Goku1910 wrote:

I didn’t bother them
The ride was down and maintenance was working on it. They heard us talking about the demolition and came and volunteered this information too us. I’m not a idiot and know not to ask stupid questions like this especially since I’ve been going to the park since it opened in 1976.

B&MGuy35

Postby SFGAM_Hog on May 16th, 2018, 3:55 pm

Ill just tell myself that's true :lol:
SFGAM_Hog

Postby SFGAM_Hog on May 16th, 2018, 3:56 pm
Mr.EveryDaySFGA wrote:

It will most likely be a vekoma or intamin since they are cheaper than b&m but it would be cool to see viper or American eagle get an rmc treatment but i doubt it

Double Post, sorry, It'll most likely be a raptor clone.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby Ilovthevu' on May 16th, 2018, 4:10 pm

Well, a water coaster still has "coaster" in the model name, so if they were really told that by someone that knows, that could be true. So, don't get your hopes up unless you want a water coaster. A water coaster simulates what a coaster does. It has a lift. It goes up hills, and it goes down hills. It's just on water. A water slide though usually just starts from the top, and just goes down hill. With a great water coaster, you will get airtime - like the one that was originally at Magic Waters in Rockford, IL.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby B&MGuy35 on May 16th, 2018, 4:30 pm

#sfgam2019

B&MGuy35

Postby Ilovthevu' on May 16th, 2018, 4:56 pm
^Something stupid, I just have to say. :lol: Why 3 garbage cans? Did the 4th garbage can get left behind in the back? More serious though (though it's still kind of stupid), they could have just had 2 garbage cans. Does an extra garbage can (can #3) actually block so much better than 2 would? Isn't a chain with danger good enough to block the way?

:lol: :lol: Okay. You can get back to your super serious talk. :)
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby Mr.EveryDaySFGA on May 16th, 2018, 5:04 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote:^Something stupid, I just have to say. :lol: Why 3 garbage cans? Did the 4th garbage can get left behind in the back? More serious though (though it's still kind of stupid), they could have just had 2 garbage cans. Does an extra garbage can (can #3) actually block so much better than 2 would? Isn't a chain with danger good enough to block the way?

The 4th one is with mr.six

Mr.EveryDaySFGA

Postby AirTimeDaz on May 16th, 2018, 5:45 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote:^Something stupid, I just have to say. :lol: Why 3 garbage cans? Did the 4th garbage can get left behind in the back? More serious though (though it's still kind of stupid), they could have just had 2 garbage cans. Does an extra garbage can (can #3) actually block so much better than 2 would? Isn't a chain with danger good enough to block the way?

Maybe they're using the 4th one as scenery for their 2019 thrilling new attraction, Garbage: The Ride! :)
AirTimeDaz

Postby SFGAM_Hog on May 16th, 2018, 5:50 pm
You can't just get disappointed and doubtful so early. I don't think our park has given us garbage in the past 5 years. We have gotten 2 roller coasters, a thrilling flat, and restored kiddie flats (yeah, isnt the best, but is nostalgic). Also, a dark ride that the park needed.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby Goku1910 on May 16th, 2018, 5:54 pm
I liked Justice League more than I expected to but over time it has been malfunctioning a bit. Dark screens, lasers not working, Etc.

But yes, we did need it.

Goku1910

Postby AirTimeDaz on May 16th, 2018, 7:18 pm
I was just joking about garbage the ride hopefully :lol:

I think whatever it is will be pretty cool. After they announced superloop, i thought, "ok well maybe we'll get something better for 2019 or 2020." Just for fun, I also wonder if there are any more roadmap clues in their "choose your path" series from 2014. They mentioned Pictorium and Demon, but we chose to hear more about Demon so we never got the chance to hear what they would have said re: Pictorium

We also didn't get to hear about Buccaneer Battle, the video for it was interrupted w/ vintage park footage so they basically just trolled us and left it in the air lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJbRWBA ... kKr7KTJnLq
AirTimeDaz

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum