Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Minor Updates, Rumors, and Happenings

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby coasterfanatic on May 4th, 2018, 4:45 pm
For what it's worth, the park has finally released their FULL operating schedule on their website.

Took them long enough.
coasterfanatic

Postby astucks18 on May 5th, 2018, 5:26 am
Lizardgi wrote:Does anybody have insight as to when Whizzer plans to open? It leaves a major hole in the park by not being open. Hopefully they don't use the painting as an excuse to keep it closed until summer.
My guess would be memorial day weekend

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
astucks18

Postby RBullFan97 on May 5th, 2018, 7:18 am
Thank goodness about X-Flight. Now I can go one it more than just the start of the day when the lines are short! And I was able to take a look at the painted parts of Whizzer, and it looks great. It's not really that noticeable yet, but I think once they paint the whole structure it'll really pop.
SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
SFGAm Ride Count 2020: Well, ya know...
RBullFan97

Postby Wisco Woody on May 5th, 2018, 4:37 pm
Can someone tell me how fast and smooth the coasters have been running? Particularly Eagle Red, Viper, and Raging Bull and how much airtime they are providing? Last May and June they were running at their best and were airtime machines, and they held their pacing throughout most of the season better than any year prior. I'll finally be able to visit next Thursday the 10th.
Wisco Woody

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on May 5th, 2018, 7:43 pm
Wisco Woody wrote:Can someone tell me how fast and smooth the coasters have been running? Particularly Eagle Red, Viper, and Raging Bull and how much airtime they are providing? Last May and June they were running at their best and were airtime machines, and they held their pacing throughout most of the season better than any year prior. I'll finally be able to visit next Thursday the 10th.

I know right. X-Flight actually felt forceful (I grayed out), I was flying out of my seat on Raging Bull, and Viper was actually smooth to me for the first time in 2 years. Sadly there were long lines because of cheer and Music in the Parks but overall good experience(aside the fact food lines were horrendous and I kept hearing "Burger King Foot Lettuce" over and over again.)
How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby JimPanky on May 6th, 2018, 9:45 am
The schedule is on the Six Flags app.

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk
JimPanky

Postby HCF on May 8th, 2018, 8:31 am
Welp, the pictorium is gone
Some time, on way to successful, first of steps of all of the steps to being successful steps are hardest of all of the steps to successing.
HCF

Postby Ilovthevu' on May 9th, 2018, 9:45 pm
V2 was shutdown all day last Sunday. Rue Le Dodge has 2 cars (still are older cars) that are painted blue. I think they must be painting over the orange cars as it seemed like less orange cars.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on May 10th, 2018, 7:26 am
^ Yeah I saw the paint wearing off on Rue Le Dodge last year. As for V2 I think they had issues with the launch, again :roll: .

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby CoasterDemon on May 10th, 2018, 10:28 am
Hey guys, how is the park on Mother's Day? I can't remember... holidays can swing either way. Any predictions for this Sunday? I'm inclined to head up to the park after about 3pm.
CoasterDemon

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on May 10th, 2018, 10:44 am
It's usually fairly light. Most people would rather spend mother's day with their mothers than go out to a theme park.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby CoasterDemon on May 10th, 2018, 11:52 am
^Sure thing, thanks for your input.

I'm thinking of heading up today to catch a couple hours. Open til 5 stinks, but should be empty.
CoasterDemon

Postby Jodon on May 10th, 2018, 12:27 pm
I went a couple years ago and was able to take a lap on every coaster in under 3 or 4 hours. It's a great day to go to the park.
Jodon

Postby RollingCoasting on May 12th, 2018, 4:10 pm
RollingCoasting

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on May 12th, 2018, 7:17 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:Big Lou's is open

Oh, wow I thought it wouldn't open until Memorial Day. Thanks RC :D .

_FuryBull_330_

Postby Ilovthevu' on May 12th, 2018, 8:57 pm
I know someone is going to complain, but whatever. Get over it. It's an update for the area of Gurnee.

Carnival at Gurnee Mills Mall till Sunday (May 13):
Has:
Sizzler
Matterhorn (or called Wisdom Himalaya)
Century Wheel (Medium Ferris Wheel)
Freak Out
Kite Flyer
Tilt-A-Whirl
Zipper
Pharaoh's Fury
Bumper Cars
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby RollingCoasting on May 13th, 2018, 8:13 pm
Is the park not playing the Carousel song this season? I've stayed til closing twice so far this year (April 22nd and today) and didn't hear it either day. Not even the "May we have your attention please. SFGAm is now closed. We invite you to visit again soon" message that they play right before
RollingCoasting

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on May 13th, 2018, 8:16 pm
I've heard it this season. Not sure why it's not being played everywhere this time around.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Ilovthevu' on May 13th, 2018, 9:14 pm
Raging Bull NEEDS security guards at the end of the night. You have this certain family of enthusiasts that won't get off of the ride because they want the absolute last ride of the night. In my row I was in, there were 3 people in it (including me), and all of a sudden, my row is FULL (2 people got on - I didn't, because random people filled it which is NOT right!), and I can't get on the ride. This literally happens to no other ride other than Raging Bull. If people are in your row, you get up and get off of the ride, or you find an empty row. Not only is it the guests fault, but the employees need to be trained better. You can't just let people keep riding if rows have people in them.
Ilovthevu'

Postby RollingCoasting on May 13th, 2018, 9:49 pm
^^ Hmmm, that's a bit odd that they aren't playing it consistently. I should mention I've exclusively visited the park on Sundays this year (Earlier closing time than other days) so maybe the music isn't synchronized to play at the same time every day or something? :? On a side note, the pop music is somehow more annoying this year. I'm pretty sure I heard Flo Rida's "My House" atleast 10 times today

Ilovthevu' wrote:You have this certain family of enthusiasts that won't get off of the ride because they want the absolute last ride of the night.

Sounds like The Raging Bull Lovers are back :lol:

That is pretty BS that you didn't get to ride. I would've definitely notified the ride ops about it. If someone is waiting for your row then you should get the hell up or find an open seat like you said. If they wanted the last train of the night so bad, they shouldn't have entered the line until the last 3 minutes before closing, or just loitered in the queue. Sucks that they screwed you over
RollingCoasting

Postby SFGAM_Hog on May 13th, 2018, 10:05 pm
Music In The Parks ceremony was held in the Grand Music Hall, and I heard that inside the stage is set with different gears and a steampunk-like theme. Was this what the show last year included or is this for a show this year?
SFGAM_Hog

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on May 14th, 2018, 7:54 am
^ No the last show had a sci-fi theme. I think we are getting a bit of Screampunk District from SFMM :lol: .

_FuryBull_330_

Postby Ilovthevu' on May 14th, 2018, 9:06 am
Train fire at Six Flags Over Georgia - might affect our train opening on time over here.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atlant ... /748458216
Ilovthevu'

Postby Ilovthevu' on May 14th, 2018, 11:08 am
RollingCoasting wrote:^^ Hmmm, that's a bit odd that they aren't playing it consistently. I should mention I've exclusively visited the park on Sundays this year (Earlier closing time than other days) so maybe the music isn't synchronized to play at the same time every day or something? :? On a side note, the pop music is somehow more annoying this year. I'm pretty sure I heard Flo Rida's "My House" atleast 10 times today

A family park, and they play Jennifer Nettles Sugar song:
"Gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme something sweet
They want my sugar and spice and everything nice
And they’re begging for a taste of my CHERRY PIE". lol

The my house song sounds like they can do whatever they want. That's why they play it so much. It's their "house", and since they don't have a lot of competition except carnivals, they can do whatever they want.

Also, their website is wrong. Their calendar says that they are open on this Wednesday - the 16th, but on top of the homepage https://www.sixflags.com/greatamerica , it says join us Thursday - Sunday.
Ilovthevu'

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on May 14th, 2018, 12:10 pm
^ Yeah and since it's their house they can give us whatever raise in passes and countless clones :lol: .

_FuryBull_330_

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum