Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2019 rumors, thoughts, speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby benneluke on May 9th, 2018, 10:24 am
SFGAM_Hog wrote:Wonder Woman Golden Lasso Coaster sounds like it's pretty dang good! I definitely see Six Flags adding more of them next year. If we got one themed to Harley Quinn, id be happy!

While the ride would be a nice addition, I really hope they do something NOT themed around DC. The DC themed rides are slowly taking over the parks. Even though I really dislike the name MardiGras Hangover, its great to see something actually fit into a themed area. Joker is alright, because its in the same area of Batman/Gotham Park. Superman has no business being in Orleans place and neither does TDK.
What a day! What a place! What a smile on your face!
benneluke

Postby RBullFan97 on May 9th, 2018, 12:02 pm
benneluke wrote:
SFGAM_Hog wrote:Wonder Woman Golden Lasso Coaster sounds like it's pretty dang good! I definitely see Six Flags adding more of them next year. If we got one themed to Harley Quinn, id be happy!

While the ride would be a nice addition, I really hope they do something NOT themed around DC. The DC themed rides are slowly taking over the parks. Even though I really dislike the name MardiGras Hangover, its great to see something actually fit into a themed area. Joker is alright, because its in the same area of Batman/Gotham Park. Superman has no business being in Orleans place and neither does TDK.

I agree with you wholeheartedly, but if we were to get a Raptor themed to Wonder Woman I'd be fine with it going in the Pictorium 's spot since Carousel Plaza doesn't really have any specific theme to it.
SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
SFGAm Ride Count 2020: Well, ya know...
RBullFan97

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on May 9th, 2018, 12:41 pm
A Wonder Woman clone would actually look really good in that plot of land, overlooking Hurricane Harbor. The capacity might suck, but that's just more flash pass sales in the eyes of Six Flags, and it would be replacing a theater that barely anyone used. I remember when people were complaining about Ragin Cajuns capacity.... and I was like.... It replaced a suspension bridge, ANY capacity is better than a bridge! lol
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby RBullFan97 on May 9th, 2018, 12:57 pm
^I agree. Hopefully if we got a Raptor there it could be a unique layout, not themed to DC to set it apart you know, but this is Six Flags so I won't get my hopes up. But I'm still not sure if we need another coaster so soon. We got X-Flight, Goliath, and Joker in the past 6 years (and remember they think MGH is a coaster :P ). It sounds like that spot is going to be filled next year so I actually hope it is a coaster there since it's a nice plot of land, don't get me wrong, but I would like to see some other additions/improvements to the park before we get another coaster.
SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
SFGAm Ride Count 2020: Well, ya know...
RBullFan97

Postby B&MGuy35 on May 9th, 2018, 1:19 pm
My hopes is that since Wonder Woman was the first that the next models will be taller and have more inversions and maybe eventually even be launched. Hopefully if that’s what’s going there it’s a different layout with more height and more inversions.

I’d also like to see higher capacity so maybe a bigger stations that alows the loading of Murillo was trains at a time with separate unloading platform. Similar to the way Top Thrill Dragster. I know....I’m asking too much so you don’t have to tell me how delusional I am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

Postby staticshadows on May 9th, 2018, 1:57 pm
I am still thinking we are getting a waterpark expansion where the Pictorium was. I could also see a cheaper flat like a 40 person Zamperla Mega Disk'O in the former Trailblazer or Sky Trail location for 2019.
staticshadows

Postby jmanporty7 on May 9th, 2018, 2:02 pm
Instead of the RMC raptor track, SFGAm should get a their t-rex track. I still have a huge problem with the raptor track's capacity. And with a park like SFGAm, in which crowd levels can get just straight up nasty sometimes, we would benefit much more with a t-rex coaster.

Raptor track capacity (i.e. Wonder Woman, Railblazer) - 3 trains with 8 cars per train. Riders are arranged inline in a single row for a total of 8 riders per train. Knowing six flags and their operations, they probably would only run 2 trains and have a third for maintenance purposes.

Assumed t-rex capacity (still just a concept) - 2-3 trains with 4 cars per train. Riders are arranged 2 across in 3 rows for a total of 24 riders per train. Again like the raptor track, only 2 trains would run with a third for maintenance purposes.

Just something to think about....
jmanporty7

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on May 9th, 2018, 2:12 pm
jmanporty7 wrote:Instead of the RMC raptor track, SFGAm should get a their t-rex track. I still have a huge problem with the raptor track's capacity. And with a park like SFGAm, in which crowd levels can get just straight up nasty sometimes, we would benefit much more with a t-rex coaster.

Raptor track capacity (i.e. Wonder Woman, Railblazer) - 3 trains with 8 cars per train. Riders are arranged inline in a single row for a total of 8 riders per train. Knowing six flags and their operations, they probably would only run 2 trains and have a third for maintenance purposes.

Assumed t-rex capacity (still just a concept) - 2-3 trains with 4 cars per train. Riders are arranged 2 across in 3 rows for a total of 24 riders per train. Again like the raptor track, only 2 trains would run with a third for maintenance purposes.

Just something to think about....

It would be much more useful then the raptor Fiesta Texas is getting. Perhaps make the T-Rex have 5 inversions 2 airtime hills and a 90 degree drop. It would be great for our park.
How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on May 9th, 2018, 2:39 pm
staticshadows wrote:I am still thinking we are getting a waterpark expansion where the Pictorium was. I could also see a cheaper flat like a 40 person Zamperla Mega Disk'O in the former Trailblazer or Sky Trail location for 2019.

Damn! That would look really good in the Trail Blazers old spot! Great America seems to be in a "Fill in the blank" phase at the moment. Getting rid of costly and unpopular attraction and filling them in with inexpensive yet major rides, and plugging up empty holes around the park. That Disk'o would fit in very nicely with the pattern over the last 8 years.
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby Goku1910 on May 9th, 2018, 3:30 pm
I've been on the disco at St. Louis and it honestly bore me to death. Maybe if it spun faster it would be better.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby staticshadows on May 9th, 2018, 3:41 pm
Goku1910 wrote:I've been on the disco at St. Louis and it honestly bore me to death. Maybe if it spun faster it would be better.

No surprises there. What ride could they actually put in that spot that you wouldn’t complain about?
staticshadows

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on May 9th, 2018, 4:01 pm
staticshadows wrote:
Goku1910 wrote:I've been on the disco at St. Louis and it honestly bore me to death. Maybe if it spun faster it would be better.

No surprises there. What ride could they actually put in that spot that you wouldn’t complain about?

Me, maybe a Skywarp and we are good with flat rides besides a Zamperla Giant Discovery or a Skyscreamer.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby Goku1910 on May 9th, 2018, 4:07 pm
A giant Discovery is a bit of a stretch for that spot. The skywarp intrigues me but I'm a little skeptical on it.

I think I would be okay with a disco if Six Flags did not advertise it as a coaster because it's not.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on May 9th, 2018, 4:35 pm
Goku1910 wrote:A giant Discovery is a bit of a stretch for that spot. The skywarp intrigues me but I'm a little skeptical on it.

I think I would be okay with a disco if Six Flags did not advertise it as a coaster because it's not.

I meant putting a giant discovery somewhere else. I also have to agree with you since it would be nice we got a flat ride not named a coaster *cough* Mardi Gras Hangover *cough*.

_FuryBull_330_

Postby Ilovthevu' on May 9th, 2018, 9:57 pm
staticshadows wrote:I am still thinking we are getting a waterpark expansion where the Pictorium was. I could also see a cheaper flat like a 40 person Zamperla Mega Disk'O in the former Trailblazer or Sky Trail location for 2019.

I don't think this park would do that. I think they like the empty spots, so they don't have to fill in rides in every spot. Yes, we want every spot filled with a ride, but they see rides as costing them more money. Now, they rather get rid of a ride, and replace it with a new ride, than just put more rides in.

I do agree with the other person though that says that a Disko is boring. I think it was very, very boring, and also very slow. Revolution / slow version is the Disko. If Revolution was spinning super, super fast all the time, I would probably ride that every single visit, but with how slow it is; I might not even ride it once a year. You can have a ride, but if it's not programmed good, what's the point of having it? That's the ride, that could have been.... in my opinion.

For that person that asked about Holiday in the Park, and why the Battle water ride is not on the list of closed rides, to me that's something.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on May 10th, 2018, 7:23 am
Ilovthevu' wrote:

I don't think this park would do that. I think they like the empty spots, so they don't have to fill in rides in every spot. Yes, we want every spot filled with a ride, but they see rides as costing them more money. Now, they rather get rid of a ride, and replace it with a new ride, than just put more rides in.

I do agree with the other person though that says that a Disko is boring. I think it was very, very boring, and also very slow. Revolution / slow version is the Disko. If Revolution was spinning super, super fast all the time, I would probably ride that every single visit, but with how slow it is; I might not even ride it once a year. You can have a ride, but if it's not programmed good, what's the point of having it? That's the ride, that could have been.... in my opinion.

For that person that asked about Holiday in the Park, and why the Battle water ride is not on the list of closed rides, to me that's something.

I BB isn't in the list of closed rides this means something. We know water rides close at certain temperatures and if its not in the list then we could be seeing at two possible places of construction for the future. Like some of us said they can use the BB area for an RMC raptor.

_FuryBull_330_

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on May 10th, 2018, 8:57 am
Or, you know, they just forgot to include it? Someone probably just messed up when compiling the list of closed rides during that time. I wouldn't think anything of it.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby coasterfanatic on May 10th, 2018, 1:22 pm
Or...its only May and the park just gave a generic answer of the rides that they know for sure will be closed.

All the rides listed were kind of obvious, as the flumes are already closed for Fright Fest, which means they won't re-open them.

I would take everything with a grain of salt, as mainetenace schedules and the condition of the rides throughout the season will play a role in what opens and doesn't...and of course weather.
coasterfanatic

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on May 10th, 2018, 1:41 pm
coasterfanatic wrote:Or...its only May and the park just gave a generic answer of the rides that they know for sure will be closed.

All the rides listed were kind of obvious, as the flumes are already closed for Fright Fest, which means they won't re-open them.

I would take everything with a grain of salt, as mainetenace schedules and the condition of the rides throughout the season will play a role in what opens and doesn't...and of course weather.

True, with Gurnee anything is possible :lol: .

_FuryBull_330_

Postby ChicagoCoasters on May 10th, 2018, 3:25 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote:

I was the one who asked the park those questions and the reason why I asked them why BB wasn't on the list was because I knew it was a water ride and that there is a possibility of it being removed soon. I put the answer in that forum and that was all the park said. Unfortunately, they don't have all the details worked out for HITP, so there is a very good chance they may have just forget to put it on the list.
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on May 10th, 2018, 3:54 pm
If we get a Hurricane Harbor expansion in the near future, you can almost bet that they will use alot of that themeing from Buccaneer Battle. The ride itself sucks and should definitely be removed.... But the themeing is really cool and could be put to good use in Hurricane Harbor!
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby jmanporty7 on May 11th, 2018, 12:23 am
With pictorium now gone, this most likely will be the plot of land SFGAm is working with for the 2019 attraction. As for predicting what it will be, I hope it's dry park. And I hope it's either a RMC t-rex (no raptor) or a Premier launch coaster.
Attachments
2019newride.PNG
jmanporty7

Postby B&MGuy35 on May 11th, 2018, 2:21 am
jmanporty7 wrote:With pictorium now gone, this most likely will be the plot of land SFGAm is working with for the 2019 attraction. As for predicting what it will be, I hope it's dry park. And I hope it's either a RMC t-rex (no raptor) or a Premier launch coaster.

There’s actually a lot more land then what you have marked. Whizzed does not for all the way up to train tracks and that space could totally be utilized and the train could pass through whatever attraction is put up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on May 11th, 2018, 3:45 am
Great America lacks a large steel looper and a full circuit launch coaster. So either one would be a welcomed addition as far as I'm concerned. As much as I like Superman, it's a weak entrance coaster. It lacks the "Wow" factor that Shock Wave had. So I hope they use Pictoriums plot of land for a large steel looper (A T-Rex would be the best in my opinion)
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby LordMagnus101 on May 11th, 2018, 8:48 am
I see Great America getting a Tourbillon (spelling?) in the next couple of years. That looks like a very thrilling and visually appealing and somewhat unique flat ride. I'd love that.
LordMagnus101

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum