Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2019 rumors, thoughts, speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Ilovthevu' on May 1st, 2018, 10:02 pm
staticshadows wrote:This could be for any Six Flags park in the country. There is a recent trademark filing for something called ADRENALINE ALLEY.

To me, it sounds like Magic Mountain.
From screamscape:
"allow for that odd-ball corner of the park to get a new cohesive THEME to blanket it, removing the ancient traces of Psyclone Bay. A new coaster in 2019 sounds about right as well"
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on May 2nd, 2018, 7:21 am
Sadly MM always get the cool stuff but my spirits are still high for a dive coaster. If not then I shouldn't have said to my coaster friends about the dive coaster I predicted in the next 5 years :oops: .
How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby Sven18 on May 2nd, 2018, 8:18 am
_FuryBull_330_ wrote:Sadly MM always get the cool stuff but my spirits are still high for a dive coaster. If not then I shouldn't have said to my coaster friends about the dive coaster I predicted in the next 5 years :oops: .

NO SF park is getting a dive coaster, too expensive and way beyond SF under their capital expenditure formula/strategy. There is a reason SF has bought no big and expensive coasters post bankruptcy. Btw, they have no reason to now, the cheap pass and inexpensive cloned rides strategy is producing year over year revenue/EBIDTA growth.
Sven18

Postby FParker185 on May 3rd, 2018, 12:22 am
Besides 21 year old technology (Dive Coaster) is not exactly the sort of thing that's at the forefront of technology that's going to drive gate revenue besides the basic "new ride, lets go" thing
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on May 3rd, 2018, 1:14 am
When Premier owned Six Flags, the spending was out of control. In 2006 alone they spent $20 Million on Goliath at Six Flags Over Georgia, $25 Million on El Toro at Great Adventure, $18 Million on Goliath a La Ronde and $21 Million on Tatsu at Magic Mountain..... $84 Million in total just on those coasters..... The current formula is WAY more restrained, and fiscally responsible. It doesn't necessarily rule out a large expensive coaster, it just means if they spend $20 Million on a Large Coaster for one of their parks, they will most likely install relocated coasters, cheap flat rides or water slides at their other parks. 1 Tatsu ($21 Million) = 3 Jokers ($7 Million)
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on May 3rd, 2018, 7:02 am
^ Okay then what about something like Full Throttle. That costs 6 million but the Joker costs 7 million. Hmm better than the Joker and cheaper I'll take it :lol: .

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby Wisco Woody on May 3rd, 2018, 10:23 am
_FuryBull_330_ wrote:^ Okay then what about something like Full Throttle. That costs 6 million but the Joker costs 7 million. Hmm better than the Joker and cheaper I'll take it :lol: .

Wikipedia is usually inaccurate on unsourced coaster cost claims. A Premier Skyrocket II, much shorter and smaller than Full Throttle, costs about 7 million, while Full Throttle itself probably cost between 10 and 12 million which is also about the cost of our full sized Justice League. X-Flight and Goliath at 3,000 ft long and both being very new coaster models at the time probably cost 14-16 million each.

It is possible after spending 10 million or less for the last 2 years on new rides that they could be saving for a larger $16-20+ million addition in 2020 or 2021 to be competitive with CP and King's Island, but I wouldn't get our hopes up.
Wisco Woody

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on May 3rd, 2018, 12:17 pm
^ True we shouldn't get our hopes up and I apologize for doing that. But based on the strategy Six Flags is doing by putting new material when the rides their putting are decreasing in popularity is going great. The next big thing a GAM is going to do is probally a launch coaster that doesn't take up much space.

_FuryBull_330_

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on May 3rd, 2018, 1:02 pm
I would love to see something like Full Throttle come to Great America! It might have been a trick pony at Magic Mountain, but I think it's a fun ride and something that would fit great in our line up. It's not the greatest on capacity... but I don't think Six Flags cares about capacity, because they want to sell as many flash passes as possible.
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on May 3rd, 2018, 1:38 pm
SFGAMNUT9302 wrote:I would love to see something like Full Throttle come to Great America! It might have been a trick pony at Magic Mountain, but I think it's a fun ride and something that would fit great in our line up. It's not the greatest on capacity... but I don't think Six Flags cares about capacity, because they want to sell as many flash passes as possible.

Also they're dumb enough to add Raptors to our parks so yeah :lol: .

_FuryBull_330_

Postby jmanporty7 on May 3rd, 2018, 9:03 pm
I've been saying this for a long time, a premier rides launch coaster would go down very well here. What I think they should do is replace V2 and the flumes with this and call it Riddler's Revenge.

What they could also do is (prepare to be triggered) retheme Yankee Harbor and rename it Gotham Harbor. Just think about it, Yankee Harbor just isn't Yankee Harbor anymore. With Joker opening last year right next to BTR, a Gotham Harbor retheme would make a lot of sense. With this retheme will also bring a couple new rides. First they can relocate Whirligig to where Revolution is, then replace Whirligig's old spot in Yankee (now called Gotham in my head of mine) with a Larson tilt-a-whirl called Catwoman's Whip. Now you may ask why close Revolution? A Zamperla Giant Discovery called Harley Quinn's Spinsanity would be built behind Capone's Kitchen where Yankee Clipper's station currently is today, space that would be left over from Riddler's Revenge.
jmanporty7

Postby jmanporty7 on May 3rd, 2018, 9:04 pm
Sorry for the long post btw.... :lol:
jmanporty7

Postby anewman35 on May 3rd, 2018, 9:49 pm
jmanporty7 wrote:I've been saying this for a long time, a premier rides launch coaster would go down very well here. What I think they should do is replace V2 and the flumes with this and call it Riddler's Revenge.

What they could also do is (prepare to be triggered) retheme Yankee Harbor and rename it Gotham Harbor.

Great America is themed after parts of America. Gotham, being not a real place, is not a part of America. Therefore, not a fan of this idea.
anewman35

Postby JaminOut on May 3rd, 2018, 10:04 pm
^Have you met Metropolis Plaza or Hurricane Harbor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby staticshadows on May 3rd, 2018, 10:10 pm
anewman35 wrote:
jmanporty7 wrote:I've been saying this for a long time, a premier rides launch coaster would go down very well here. What I think they should do is replace V2 and the flumes with this and call it Riddler's Revenge.

What they could also do is (prepare to be triggered) retheme Yankee Harbor and rename it Gotham Harbor.

Great America is themed after parts of America. Gotham, being not a real place, is not a part of America. Therefore, not a fan of this idea.

Gotham is actually a nickname for New York City and Batman was based in New York City in the early comics. I don’t see any of those ideas happening for 2019 since we already know where construction will take place and the flumes are being painted.
staticshadows

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on May 4th, 2018, 4:07 am
Yeah, now that the flumes are being repainted, that probably means they're here to stay for a while. I doubt they would waste the money painting them only to tear them down in the near future.
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on May 4th, 2018, 7:22 am
SFGAMNUT9302 wrote:Yeah, now that the flumes are being repainted, that probably means they're here to stay for a while. I doubt they would waste the money painting them only to tear them down in the near future.

True, the recently painted rides would never get removed yet the non painted rides actually have a chance of being removed. Hear that Superman, Batman, Demon, Viper... you're probally next.

_FuryBull_330_

Postby Sven18 on May 4th, 2018, 7:43 am
_FuryBull_330_ wrote:
SFGAMNUT9302 wrote:Yeah, now that the flumes are being repainted, that probably means they're here to stay for a while. I doubt they would waste the money painting them only to tear them down in the near future.

True, the recently painted rides would never get removed yet the non painted rides actually have a chance of being removed. Hear that Superman, Batman, Demon, Viper... you're probally next.

The only ride on that list that has any chance of going is Demon.
Sven18

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on May 4th, 2018, 7:56 am
^ Yeah especially since if they run two of those coasters backwards it's a crowd blazer. Like I said Superman needs that repaint and I kept asking the park that so many times I couldn't even count :lol: .

_FuryBull_330_

Postby benneluke on May 4th, 2018, 8:56 am
_FuryBull_330_ wrote:True, the recently painted rides would never get removed yet the non painted rides actually have a chance of being removed.

I know this was kind of a joke, but repainting doesn't mean a whole lot.They haven't painted RB, X-Flight, or Little Dipper either. Just because the rides don't need paint, doesn't mean they're going away. It seems like they are keeping up the maintenance on Demon, and honestly, it doesn't need new paint like Superman.
What a day! What a place! What a smile on your face!
benneluke

Postby onyxhotel08 on May 4th, 2018, 10:32 am
Raging Bull was last repainted in early 2008...X Flight is still pretty new all things considered...Dipper has a long way to go...American Eagle waited how long?
13 Years with SFGAm World!
onyxhotel08

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on May 4th, 2018, 12:28 pm
^ True, not to mention that Little Dipper was added in 2010 so it got a repaint.

_FuryBull_330_

Postby anewman35 on May 4th, 2018, 1:12 pm
JaminOut wrote:^Have you met Metropolis Plaza or Hurricane Harbor?

I just knew somebody would bring up Metropolis Plaza. Considering that Metropolis Plaza doesn't even actually have any signs, I'm pretty sure the park itself likes to pretend it doesn't exist.

And Hurricane Harbor BASICALLY is a separate park. You know it, I know it.

And yes, Gotham is a nickname for New York. I know. But a"Gotham City" area with all Batman themed rides isn't really a proper reflection of New York.
anewman35

Postby great america fan on May 4th, 2018, 1:59 pm
JaminOut wrote:^Have you met Metropolis Plaza or Hurricane Harbor?

U.S virgin islands?
great america fan

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on May 4th, 2018, 2:18 pm
The only reason Metropolis plaza exists is so we wouldn't complain about it "not fitting" in Southwest Territory. But alas, people still complain. There's no way to please everyone.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum