Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

February 13th Announcement

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby gottastrata33 on February 13th, 2018, 5:21 am
Mardi Gras Hangover, I love It haha
gottastrata33

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on February 13th, 2018, 5:23 am
gottastrata33 wrote:Mardi Gras Hangover, I love It haha
Almost like they were reading this forum ;-) lol. I like this way better than Hurricane Force!
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby cliffhanger on February 13th, 2018, 11:25 am
Really? Mardi Gras Hangover? I don't like it at all. Talk about trashy. I can only hope they bring out the puking zombie props from fright fest and have giant bottles of booze as decorations. Bizarre choice overall for an area that has a kiddie ride called "Big Easy Balloons" right next to it. However, the parade looks like fun. So that's something...
cliffhanger

Postby anewman35 on February 13th, 2018, 2:35 pm
cliffhanger wrote:Really? Mardi Gras Hangover? I don't like it at all. Talk about trashy. I can only hope they bring out the puking zombie props from fright fest and have giant bottles of booze as decorations. Bizarre choice overall for an area that has a kiddie ride called "Big Easy Balloons" right next to it. However, the parade looks like fun. So that's something...

It had two meanings. Obviously any adult is going to think of the drinking meaning, but there's no way the park will play up that part of it (honestly, that sort of goes for Mardi Gras in general). Here's how the park explains it:

"Naming such a unique and record-breaking coaster required out-of-the-box thinking," Park President Hank Salemi said in a news release. "Riders will experience multiple moments of hang-time on Mardi Gras Hangover, with the addition of our Mardi Gras Festival debuting this summer, it was the perfect fit."
anewman35

Postby mugnezz on February 13th, 2018, 2:50 pm
opening in summer? but they are crazy
must be open from the day of opening
mugnezz

Postby anewman35 on February 13th, 2018, 4:29 pm
mugnezz wrote:opening in summer? but they are crazy

Six Flags likes to wait until Memorial Day to open things. It's annoying, people complain every year... But I can't think it any actual negative effects it has for them, so I don't expect them to stop.
anewman35

Postby cliffhanger on February 13th, 2018, 5:28 pm
anewman35 wrote:"Naming such a unique and record-breaking coaster required out-of-the-box thinking," Park President Hank Salemi said in a news release. "Riders will experience multiple moments of hang-time on Mardi Gras Hangover, with the addition of our Mardi Gras Festival debuting this summer, it was the perfect fit."

I tried to see it that way, but there is no doubt that the term Hangover was clearly meant to be a double entendre. in my opinion it sounds like Hank is trying to cover his butt on a name he wasnt 100% sold on...
cliffhanger

Postby anewman35 on February 13th, 2018, 8:04 pm
cliffhanger wrote:
anewman35 wrote:"Naming such a unique and record-breaking coaster required out-of-the-box thinking," Park President Hank Salemi said in a news release. "Riders will experience multiple moments of hang-time on Mardi Gras Hangover, with the addition of our Mardi Gras Festival debuting this summer, it was the perfect fit."

I tried to see it that way, but there is no doubt that the term Hangover was clearly meant to be a double entendre. in my opinion it sounds like Hank is trying to cover his butt on a name he wasnt 100% sold on...

Of course it's a double entendre, and of course he's not going to actually admit that. What do you expect him to say, "this great new ride celebrates the Mardi Gras tradition of drinking until you pass out and feeling miserable the next day"?
anewman35

Postby LordMagnus101 on February 14th, 2018, 9:36 am
They obviously changed the name. Early teasers said "Chase the storm" or something like that. That being said, I'm glad its not the stupid hurricane name, even if I think the ride is a poor addition in general.
LordMagnus101

Postby Wisco Woody on February 14th, 2018, 12:44 pm
My big question and fear has been with the addition of the Mardi Gras festival and parade, will they ignore putting a new show in the GMH and/or Pictorium? It will be an awful shame after the success of Ringmasters Cabaret and LAFF both showing several times a day if they dont have at least one new show in the GMH, preferably a stunt show.
Wisco Woody

Postby anewman35 on February 14th, 2018, 2:37 pm
Wisco Woody wrote:My big question and fear has been with the addition of the Mardi Gras festival and parade, will they ignore putting a new show in the GMH and/or Pictorium? It will be an awful shame after the success of Ringmasters Cabaret and LAFF both showing several times a day if they dont have at least one new show in the GMH, preferably a stunt show.

They seem to have abandoned the Pictorium generally, so I don't have any hopes for that, but have they ever not have SOMETHING in the GMH? I wouldn't worry about that, it's their only real theater anymore...
anewman35

Postby CoasterRiderSC on February 14th, 2018, 4:45 pm
cliffhanger wrote:Really? Mardi Gras Hangover? I don't like it at all. Talk about trashy. I can only hope they bring out the puking zombie props from fright fest and have giant bottles of booze as decorations. Bizarre choice overall for an area that has a kiddie ride called "Big Easy Balloons" right next to it. However, the parade looks like fun. So that's something...

Cliff, I agree with you on the name.. I don't like it either. Something with hurricane or even Tidal Wave would have been better. Or Bourbon Street Fireball and have tracer lights on the outside of the track!

However, I'll still ride the thing at least once. It can't possibly be any less enjoyable than that purple and green thing we got last year :)
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby Tardis1972 on February 14th, 2018, 7:34 pm
anewman35 wrote:

Six Flags likes to wait until Memorial Day to open things. It's annoying, people complain every year... But I can't think it any actual negative effects it has for them, so I don't expect them to stop.

Yeah the only new attraction that's going to open before Memorial Day is Wonder Woman GLC.
Tardis1972

Postby gottastrata33 on February 14th, 2018, 8:24 pm
Tardis1972 wrote:
anewman35 wrote:

Yeah the only new attraction that's going to open before Memorial Day is Wonder Woman GLC.

& that’s only to ensure it opens as the worlds first if I’m not mistaken.
gottastrata33

Postby Tardis1972 on February 14th, 2018, 8:35 pm
^ That's most cerently the reason.
Tardis1972

Previous

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum