Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2018 rumors, thoughts and speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby anewman35 on August 27th, 2017, 10:08 am
B&MGuy35 wrote:Longest season ever?
Could that be confirmation that we're getting Holiday In The Park next year? I mean if our season was any longer it would be into thanksgiving so it sure seems like it too me!

I was wondering that too. The link goes to a page about this year's "Last Call Fall Festival", so they're probably meaning this season, but it's worth noting that the links weren't necessarily going the right places (like, the Flash Sale link didn't go to a Flash Sale page), so it's possible there's some other page about next year that's not uploaded yet.
anewman35

Postby anewman35 on August 27th, 2017, 11:45 am
gottastrata33 wrote:Hurricanes happen all the time.

This is true, but they do have the bad timing of seemingly having a bunch of new/expanded "Hurricane" themed things being announced while a lot of people are suffering through the aftermath of what's looking like a really bad one.

The park just posted this to Twitter:

Today is the last day to ride King Chaos! Stay tuned for a big announcement Thursday! #ChaseTheStorm2018

And one of the responses was:

Probably not best # to use given situation in TX.
anewman35

Postby n9yty on August 27th, 2017, 2:02 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:However, I don't know how successful Joker really is. Each visit to the park, I've seen the line be shorter and shorter. All the people I've asked how they like Joker have said "it's just OK", and that included some teens, in addition to people in their 30's and 40's. One friend that I rode it with said it's too violent with the artificially forced flips and that he's done riding it.

My issue with Joker is that it is a very short ride, and on top of that it is advertised as having, what, six "head over heels flips"? I have been on it at least a dozen times and don't think I've ever gotten more than one full flip, and most often just one with most of the rest of the time just doing moderate rocking. All in all, it is a dud that I keep hoping the "next time" will be better. I'm a heavier guy, so maybe it just can't handle the weight, but my three children, 11-14, just yawn at it. We were so looking forward to it, but in the end, for us anyway, it just didn't deliver.
n9yty

Postby staticshadows on August 27th, 2017, 5:17 pm
Last edited by staticshadows on August 28th, 2017, 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby rb1 on August 27th, 2017, 6:51 pm
Well I guess there goes our chance of getting a 250ft dive machine :-) in the Mardi gras area. Not really expecting anything huge for next season.
rb1

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 27th, 2017, 7:56 pm
We are probably getting one thing this year. And there is a 99% chance it's going in King Chaos's spot. In the teasers, there was that orange tube (forgot the name) and that probably meant nothing or it could mean it's a superloop. Then the alligators had life jackets and hard helmets. I don't know what that could mean. Maybe there might be some type of expansion with Hurricane Harbor? We'll just have to wait and see what it is on Thursday!
SFGAM_Hog

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on August 27th, 2017, 8:13 pm
And that's that. Long live the King!

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Tardis1972 on August 27th, 2017, 8:34 pm
Well I did. Rode the last cycle on King Chaos. Can't wait to see what replaced it now.
Tardis1972

Postby RollingCoasting on August 27th, 2017, 8:55 pm
Last cycle was lit! Nice meeting some of you. Excited to ride Hurricane Force 5 next year :lol:
RollingCoasting

Postby Tardis1972 on August 27th, 2017, 9:02 pm
^ I don't know if you saw me but I was wearing a Kings Dominion shirt.
Tardis1972

Postby RollingCoasting on August 27th, 2017, 9:26 pm
Probably did but didn't know it was you, soz. Next time (Closing day?) we should all post what we're wearing/etc. before the meet-up haha
RollingCoasting

Postby BCarroll on August 27th, 2017, 10:29 pm
Also rode on the last cycle tonight! At first they had the line chained off with only about 20 people in the queue, then it was opened and the first 20 people were allowed in for the last ride! RIP KIng Chaos!
Been to may theme parks, in many countries. However, SFGAm is my home park and I love it!
BCarroll

Postby Tardis1972 on August 27th, 2017, 10:29 pm
^ That and pick a good meeting place.
Not to take credit but I was one of the riders that started the one more ride chant.
Tardis1972

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on August 27th, 2017, 10:51 pm
Haha, tonight was a nice night to send the ride off. Glad to hear that so many people here were on the last cycle(even though we might not've directly met :P ).

If we can organize a closing day meetup, I'm totally down.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby RollingCoasting on August 28th, 2017, 1:17 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grgXjXX ... e=youtu.be

Video footage of the final ride if anyone's interested
RollingCoasting

Postby WolfsterJ on August 28th, 2017, 10:32 am
Definitely glad to see a lot of people there for the final cycle. I was able to get my last rides in on Saturday. I'll always remember the flips and how disoriented I get after them... R.I.P.
WolfsterJ

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 28th, 2017, 4:25 pm
So no final teaser today?
Was hoping for something!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

Postby RollingCoasting on August 28th, 2017, 4:44 pm
IIRC last week's teaser was posted at 6 so it's still possible
RollingCoasting

Postby gottastrata33 on August 28th, 2017, 6:52 pm
Guess not ;) which also leads me to believe it's not too big of a deal.
gottastrata33

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 28th, 2017, 7:09 pm
I really could be possible for 2 flats. 0ne in Sky Trail and one in KC spot. I'm thinking this just because they said KC is moving for new "thrills" plural

Or maybe Sky Trail' s spot is the official cemetery location.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby anewman35 on August 28th, 2017, 7:26 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:I really could be possible for 2 flats. 0ne in Sky Trail and one in KC spot. I'm thinking this just because they said KC is moving for new "thrills" plural

Or maybe Sky Trail' s spot is the official cemetery location.

Eh, I don't know if I buy this theory, just because "thrills" in that context is basically always plural. They wouldn't say "New thrill coming!" That just sounds weird.

I'm not too worried about not getting another teaser, because I'm 99% sure it would have just been another picture of King Chaos anyway.
anewman35

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 28th, 2017, 9:12 pm
Looks like Six Flags America might be getting a new rollercoaster. Just maybe. Their Instagram talks about their Blizzard River raft slide leaving and their whole Gotham City area leaving too? Don't have pictures, but it's more Grim Reaper things.
Edit: or it could be a water coaster who knows.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 28th, 2017, 9:58 pm
^I only see them doing something like Magic Mountain, and changing the themed area to DC Universe. They have too much Batman in that area though: Joker's Jinx, Batwing, a Riddler Ride, and the Penguin ride.

I definitely do see them tearing out the Penguin ride. I've been on that ride at another park, and it just wasn't fun at all. And they have the Round-Up (Riddler) in the same area, so that's a reason the Penguin can leave also.

They did add a Wonder Woman ride, and Superman is around that area also. Right now, they (Six Flags) are just becoming to obsessed with the Joker villain. If they get a S&S 4D, I hope they don't theme it to Joker. Everything and anything is Joker at these parks now. Too much of Joker. At Six Flags America, you can use any DC character like Aquaman, Robin doesn't even have his own ride, Supergirl, Black Canary, Nightwing, Flash, Supergirl, Batgirl, Mr. Freeze, Bizarro, Green Arrow, Lex Luthor (They don't have a Justice League), Scarecrow, Catwoman, Harley Quinn, Parasite, Darkseid, Sinestro, Green Lantern, Starro, Grodd, etc. Personally, I rather ride a ride that is themed to a good hero than a bad hero. I'm more likely to buy a shirt based on a good super hero than a villain. The world needs more good in it, even though super hero / villains are fake. So, I rather see Batgirl get a ride than Catwoman for instance.
Last edited by Ilovthevu' on August 29th, 2017, 12:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby RollingCoasting on August 28th, 2017, 10:02 pm
I think for 2018 we won't be seeing any more Joker themed rides. Nearly every park already has a Joker themed coaster/major attraction or doesn't have rights to the name.

Can't say the same for Wonder Woman though... :lol:
RollingCoasting

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 29th, 2017, 10:39 am
Ilovthevu' wrote:^I Personally, I rather ride a ride that is themed to a good hero than a bad hero. I'm more likely to buy a shirt based on a good super hero than a villain. The world needs more good in it, even though super hero / villains are fake. So, I rather see Batgirl get a ride than Catwoman for instance.

I totally agree with this 100% ! Maybe this is just another reason why I don't like the Joker (aka the purple/green S&S Coaster) ??
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum