Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2018 rumors, thoughts and speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby gottastrata33 on August 25th, 2017, 1:25 pm
That last line LOL trueeee
gottastrata33

Postby JimPanky on August 25th, 2017, 1:35 pm
True. Alot of the speculation posts tend to be more like Roller Coaster Tycoon and less like reality.

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk
JimPanky

Postby gottastrata33 on August 25th, 2017, 1:53 pm
But I swore we were getting a Kingda Ka mirror clone to replace V2.
gottastrata33

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 25th, 2017, 1:53 pm
coasterfanatic wrote:At this point in time, King Chaos is the only announced ride that is closing. With very little room in the park to add anything without taking something down, where would they put these "multiple" rides that everyone keeps talking about.

At this point, Susan Rosen will be back in the Pictorium for FF. A water park expansion in the Pictorium doesnt seem feasible because they wouldnt be able to start construction til at least November (maybe later since park is open for 3 weekends in November) and to get all that land cleared out, dug out, and ready for a water park expansion by Memorial Day seem unfeasable at this point.

So the only logic place for a ride is King Chaos spot, the World's Tallest and Fastest SuperLoop would fit perfectly there.

We need to be realistic about rumors and speculation and not just pull stuff out of our ass (like the V2 rumor).

I want to know what is going on with Trailblazer spot. What is that for?

A Six Flags America separate entrance to me doesn't make sense. The regular park is too small of a park to not have the waterpark included. At Great America, that waterpark could stand on it's own, and so could the regular park.

1 Waterslide (maybe) would take way less time to build than a roller coaster. Even Justice League had to take longer because you had to build a huge building. If the Pictorium was demolished, realistically how long would that take to get a big construction truck to just level the thing with a bunch of swings of a wrecking ball?
Here's some wrecking ball fun:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMomToOWUfs
This person says they don't use a wrecking ball A LOT though.
I would like to point out though this doesn't mean they couldn't work on other parts of the waterpark other than the water coaster. They would have to clear out other stuff also. Build a new entrance to the waterpark. Tear down a bunch of trees near the Pictorium. If they did get a new restaurant, that might go in part of the "older section" of the waterpark already. Than, they wait until the park completely closes to work on tearing down the Pictorium / building the water coaster.

Who really knows what we are getting? Jiddgy says tall swing ride, and that can mean Skyscreamer or as someone said a pendulum. Screamscape rumors are Larson Looper & a water coaster. Usually, Jiddgy knows about stuff because he has some friends at the park. And it's only a week away, so he really should know just like he knew King Chaos is closing, and even knew what date King Chaos was closing. He knew about Orbit closing also.

If he says tall swing ride, I believe in his tall swing ride.
Last edited by Ilovthevu' on August 25th, 2017, 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby anewman35 on August 25th, 2017, 2:07 pm
There's not much they could do that I would be mad about. But if they only build a SkyScreamer at 200 feet or less (because they're cheap? Or didn't want to bother with the board?), I'll be mad.

For various reasons, we'll never be a park with a ton of really tall things. So if they have an incredibly easy opportunity to put in something at 300 feet or whatever and choose not to so it, grr...
Last edited by anewman35 on August 25th, 2017, 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anewman35

Postby JimPanky on August 25th, 2017, 2:09 pm
The board will not approve anything taller than sky strek tower. Since there are skyscreamers taller than sky trek tower a skyscreamer at this park is unlikely.

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk
JimPanky

Postby Viper 88 on August 25th, 2017, 2:14 pm
I'm thinking its going to be a water slide and KC's spot will be for 2019's ride.
Viper 88

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 25th, 2017, 2:19 pm
coasterfanatic wrote:1 Waterslide (maybe) would take way less time to build than a roller coaster. Even Justice League had to take longer because you had to build a huge building. If the Pictorium was demolished, realistically how long would that take to get a big construction truck to just level the thing with a bunch of swings of a wrecking ball?
[/quote]

Yes, but with construction then not starting till November because of Pictorium being used for Fright Fest that would play a major issue. Remember if this is a waterpark addition then the ground would have to be dug up for pipe work and Pictorium is built into a hillside so that would be a lot of land removal and work that would have to be done before the ground were to freeze during the winter. In all sense Pictorium is prolly not going anywhere....at least this year, especially since the park is now open 3 weekend into November.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

Postby anewman35 on August 25th, 2017, 2:26 pm
There wouldn't be anything stopping them from tearing down Pictorium and starting to work on it from the HH side while the park was still open in November.
anewman35

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 25th, 2017, 2:28 pm
^Yeah, your right. Fright Fest ends Halloween, but the park is still open for the "regular season" after that.
Last edited by Ilovthevu' on August 25th, 2017, 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby anewman35 on August 25th, 2017, 2:31 pm
They've really gone all out making sure people know KC is going, and they've even gotten some news stories out of it. That's unusual - typically when they remove something, it just sort of leaks out and the park doesn't really go on record with the news. That really makes me think they'll fill the spot - it's one thing to leave a spot empty and kind of hope nobody notices, but it seems dumb to call attention to a spot that's going to empty for a season or more.
anewman35

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 25th, 2017, 3:11 pm
^ I agree 100%!
It's obvious with the space size that Z-Force is returning as Hurricane Force 5!

B&MGuy35

Postby gottastrata33 on August 25th, 2017, 8:28 pm
What's that ride type where it's a tower & you "fly" your own plane? Kinda like TMNT at Nick Universe in MOA.... Canada's Wonderland & FujiQ have one. Well I'd love see one of those here.
gottastrata33

Postby Tardis1972 on August 25th, 2017, 11:36 pm
^ Those rides are from Gerstauler. TMNT is Sky Fly while the one at CW is a Sky Roller. Not sure what the difference is between the two though.
Tardis1972

Postby gottastrata33 on August 26th, 2017, 12:43 am
Well I know rides like TMNT are on a rotating arm while the others are rotating towers. I think one clearly takes up more space (TMNT). They look so fun, that would be such an interesting ride here.
gottastrata33

Postby jmanporty7 on August 26th, 2017, 1:02 am
A Sky Roller would actually be a nation's first I believe. I'm probably wrong tho....

jmanporty7

Postby gottastrata33 on August 26th, 2017, 3:27 am
The only ones I've ever seen are at CW & FujiQ so idk.
gottastrata33

Postby RollingCoasting on August 26th, 2017, 2:44 pm
The announcement will be at 5:00 A.M. Thursday morning according to the Six Flags New for 2018 Page

Going to be an exciting week! :mrgreen:
RollingCoasting

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on August 26th, 2017, 2:51 pm
At the end of the day.... this is all about Johnny Rockets and those games in Mardi Gras! By removing King Chaos and installing a major new attraction in it's place, that will almost certainly draw more crowds to that area of the park and boost sales at the Games gallery and Johnny Rockets! If they decided to demolish Bucky Battle and install a new attraction (That actually gets riders) their main focus would be boosting sales at Demon Funnel Cakes, Totally Kickin Chicken and the games!
Nothing to see here....
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 26th, 2017, 7:42 pm
Now that Hurricane Harvey is a thing, could that potentially anger people if the name had hurricane in it?
SFGAM_Hog

Postby gottastrata33 on August 26th, 2017, 8:20 pm
Hurricanes happen all the time.
gottastrata33

Postby anewman35 on August 26th, 2017, 9:15 pm
SFGAMNUT9302 wrote:At the end of the day.... this is all about Johnny Rockets and those games in Mardi Gras! By removing King Chaos and installing a major new attraction in it's place, that will almost certainly draw more crowds to that area of the park and boost sales at the Games gallery and Johnny Rockets! If they decided to demolish Bucky Battle and install a new attraction (That actually gets riders) their main focus would be boosting sales at Demon Funnel Cakes, Totally Kickin Chicken and the games!

Not sure I buy this at all. Our park is a circle. Even if that corner of Mardi Gras is a little dead, people have to walk by it if they want to go to other rides in the park. Obviously there may be slight differences in which way people turn first depending on what the new ride is that year, but with our layout we never have weird dead end sections that nobody gets to...
anewman35

Postby anewman35 on August 26th, 2017, 9:21 pm
Looks like Six Flags leaked some Flash Sale into via Google Ads - nothing surprising, but it confirms the price at $65.99...

anewman35

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 27th, 2017, 6:54 am
Longest season ever?
Could that be confirmation that we're getting Holiday In The Park next year? I mean if our season was any longer it would be into thanksgiving so it sure seems like it too me!

B&MGuy35

Postby JaminOut on August 27th, 2017, 9:05 am
I think they are talking about this year (along with the fright fest page).

I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum