Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Official 'The Joker' Topic

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby SFGAM_Hog on May 18th, 2017, 4:47 pm
When was the commercial shoot today?
SFGAM_Hog

Postby RollingCoasting on May 18th, 2017, 4:48 pm
8:30 to 5:00 I believe
RollingCoasting

Postby gottastrata33 on May 18th, 2017, 5:53 pm
We just got back to the employee lot, filming ended about 20min ago. After 14 rides on Joker today (believe it or not but most of my group had 20+), I will say this - it's fxxkin fun!!

After all the negativity this offseason from every forum across the board to the haters, I say just try it for yourself & see what you think. I found it to be much more intense & crazy than I was expecting. Every ride truly is different & both sides are very different. I find the green side to flip the most while purple delivered a more unique odd experience. Twice I was upside down for an entire hill on purple but would flip or rock on green. The first & last drops are the most intense throw you into your seats quick flips you'll experience on the ride each & every time.

All in all, this ride brings a fun experience to our park we obv didn't have before. I really really like it. At times it can be total insanity screaming your head off & the next you'll just laugh the whole ride. While it's no Goliath of a ride, it is fun & I hope everyone else enjoys it as much as I do.
gottastrata33

Postby RollingCoasting on May 18th, 2017, 10:11 pm

Could that be the Single Rider Line on the left?
RollingCoasting

Postby stergmi on May 19th, 2017, 8:21 am
RollingCoasting wrote:Image

Could that be the Single Rider Line on the left?

Likely, GAm confirmed we would have a SRQ for Joker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stergmi

Postby momlovescoasters on May 21st, 2017, 10:46 am
Just saw on Good Morning America that The Joker was stuck for hours and people had to be rescued in Texas. No injuries and it sounded like it was weather related, high winds. I wonder if it will affect the opening?
momlovescoasters

Postby SFGAM_Hog on May 21st, 2017, 1:53 pm
I heard about that too. Last year the Joker at Great Adventure got stuck while testing. Seems like a bad ride in weather.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby JaminOut on May 21st, 2017, 2:56 pm
*Que doubleb's response about how bad a free spin is*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby stockboy300 on May 21st, 2017, 8:40 pm
Picked up my Joker shirts today! I'm ready for the 25th! Who's all going?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
stockboy300

Postby gottastrata33 on May 21st, 2017, 11:59 pm
I'm so excited to hear everyone's view on this thing this weekend! I honestly really enjoyed Joker a lot. I'll be there the 26th for season pass preview. :)
gottastrata33

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on May 22nd, 2017, 7:53 am
gottastrata33 wrote:I'm so excited to hear everyone's view on this thing this weekend! I honestly really enjoyed Joker a lot.

Glad to hear the rave review! I'll be there friday. Still working on getting my dad to ride it though, he is still mortified after Green Lantern at SFMM hahaha
Sucker for a launch | Coaster Count: 494
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby gottastrata33 on May 22nd, 2017, 1:51 pm
Dan The Coaster Man wrote:
gottastrata33 wrote:I'm so excited to hear everyone's view on this thing this weekend! I honestly really enjoyed Joker a lot.

Glad to hear the rave review! I'll be there friday. Still working on getting my dad to ride it though, he is still mortified after Green Lantern at SFMM hahaha

So was my bf & I! Seriously. GL is nothing like this thing. It's a lot smoother. The first flip is really intense but it's nearly impossible to brace for it. We rode it 14-22 times each so he's a little "Jokered" out & doesn't think he wants to ride it Friday cause we're still a little sore from the continuous riding but I'm down haha it really is really really fun! #runonsentence
gottastrata33

Postby CD5 on May 22nd, 2017, 5:55 pm
For those of you who have ridden it (or clones), just how bad is the flipping? I'll admit that I'm not particularly excited about riding (but I'll try anything once). The POVs alone have left me disoriented. I'm just not a fan of flipping over and over and over - that's why I stay away from those types of flats if at possible.

Maybe it won't be as bad as I'm anticipating...but I have a feeling it'll be a one-and-done ride for me.
CD5

Postby Jacklw6499 on May 22nd, 2017, 6:48 pm
The Joker was AWESOME!
Favorite Coasters I've Ridden:
Steel: 1. Maverick 2. Steel Vengeance 3. X2 4. Storm Chaser 5. Twisted Colossus
Wood: 1. The Voyage 2. Renegade 3. Mystic Timbers 4. The Legend 5. The Beast
Great America: 1. Maxx Force 2. Goliath 3. Raging Bull 4. Batman: The Ride 5. X-Flight

Coaster Count: 118
Go Hawks!
Jacklw6499

Postby momlovescoasters on May 22nd, 2017, 7:03 pm
I'm also wondering about the flipping. It seems more like a carnival ride. I get motion sickness and can't go on anything that spins. I'd hate to miss out trying it but I don't want to puke! I do not get sick on any of the current coasters at the park. I'm thinking I'm going to have to pass on this one....but still excited for it to open so some of the other lines will be shorter!! :D
momlovescoasters

Postby gottastrata33 on May 22nd, 2017, 7:20 pm
Here's my take on it - I cannot do spinning like tea cups & cant tolerate an excessive amount of flips on a zipper. The Joker is nothing like either of those to me, I can handle it. It doen t flip over & over again. You may go upside down but won't do a full 360degree flip per se every time. The first & last flips (I seemed to flip on the first & last drop every single time) are what I would say the most intense ones cause it feels "forced" but none the less is still much more smooth than a Zacspin to me.
gottastrata33

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on May 22nd, 2017, 7:37 pm
Joker was really fun! I personally think it's in the park's top 5(which means Bull is out!). Super smooth, completely random, and just a heck of a lot of fun!

By the way, Green side is better.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on May 22nd, 2017, 7:41 pm
gottastrata33 wrote: So was my bf & I! Seriously. GL is nothing like this thing. It's a lot smoother. The first flip is really intense but it's nearly impossible to brace for it. We rode it 14-22 times each so he's a little "Jokered" out & doesn't think he wants to ride it Friday cause we're still a little sore from the continuous riding but I'm down

I was thinking about this too. I don't think this will be the easiest coaster to ride again and again. I imagine it's smooth and all, but I think it will get to a certain point where you are "Jokered out". Fine by me though.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby WolfsterJ on May 23rd, 2017, 4:41 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:Joker was really fun! I personally think it's in the park's top 5(which means Bull is out!). Super smooth, completely random, and just a heck of a lot of fun!

Wondering how you guys got on already. I thought T-shirt day was on the 25th. Did I miss a soft-opening?
WolfsterJ

Postby gottastrata33 on May 23rd, 2017, 5:24 pm
As I've posted, I was in the commercial shoot. Got 14rides to test it out. Don't know about anyone else though.
gottastrata33

Postby Whizzer Whiz Kid on May 23rd, 2017, 5:55 pm
NOTE: I do not work at the park, but I believe they had an employee ride night.
Favorite @ SFGAm - Eagle ~ Favorite Steel - Skyrush ~ Favorite Wood - El Toro
35 Rides on Eagle in 2015
68 Rides on Eagle in 2016
102 Rides on Eagle in 2017
9 Rides on Eagle in 2018
Whizzer Whiz Kid

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on May 23rd, 2017, 8:50 pm
Top 5 is exactly what I was hoping for. Like the reviews and thoughts of the Joker that I've seen!
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby Tardis1972 on May 24th, 2017, 10:57 am
stockboy300 wrote:Picked up my Joker shirts today! I'm ready for the 25th! Who's all going?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I'll be there. Wait didn't someone say the Joker shirts aren't arriving until the 25th itself?
Tardis1972

Postby CoasterRiderSC on May 24th, 2017, 12:50 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:Joker was really fun! I personally think it's in the park's top 5(which means Bull is out!). Super smooth, completely random, and just a heck of a lot of fun!

Cam,
Isn't that a little hasty to make it Top 5 already?? I haven't ridden it yet but will next trip to the park. Also, Raging Bull (even with the trim brakes) is still an awesome ride.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby CoasterRiderSC on May 24th, 2017, 12:51 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:Here's my take on it - I cannot do spinning like tea cups & cant tolerate an excessive amount of flips on a zipper. The Joker is nothing like either of those to me, I can handle it. It doen t flip over & over again. You may go upside down but won't do a full 360degree flip per se every time. The first & last flips (I seemed to flip on the first & last drop every single time) are what I would say the most intense ones cause it feels "forced" but none the less is still much more smooth than a Zacspin to me.

Would you say this ride is similar to King Chaos with the flips?
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum