Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Official 'The Joker' Topic

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby JaminOut on May 8th, 2017, 2:43 pm
Whizzer Whiz Kid wrote:That's odd, especially considering that the area grid doesn't have ERC or Cajun anymore. I wonder how much more power Joker needs compared to those two.

Braking system for the last drop (train comes in fast), magnetic fins along the course of the ride, hydraulic locking mechanism for rotating seats in station. Trains are also released more frequently.
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby DejaVu2001 on May 9th, 2017, 10:37 am
https://twitter.com/SFGreat_America/sta ... 5269626881
Commercial shoot Thursday May 18th, 8:00am-5:00pm.
DejaVu2001

Postby RollingCoasting on May 9th, 2017, 12:50 pm
Surprised they're even doing a shoot this time since they can use GADv's footage
RollingCoasting

Postby RollingCoasting on May 9th, 2017, 5:17 pm
Sorry for the double post but we've got some sign progress:
Screenshot_20170509-171508.png

From Snapchat
RollingCoasting

Postby gottastrata33 on May 9th, 2017, 6:13 pm
We just applied! I did the Goliath one & have been waiting for a new opportunity to be a part of another.
gottastrata33

Postby Wisco Woody on May 10th, 2017, 11:47 am
In the pass holder announcements: "With no track above or below you, you'll flip head-over-heels at least six times". Now that's a bold statement that could definitely not apply to Great Adventure's Joker, but looking at the way that New England's and Great America's Jokers spin constantly, this might actually be possible.
Wisco Woody

Postby RollingCoasting on May 10th, 2017, 12:35 pm
Screenshot_20170510-123149.png

More sign progress (Looks about done) and new update video coming soon
RollingCoasting

Postby sixflagsstalker on May 11th, 2017, 8:06 pm
This image of The Joker's queue recently surfaced:
sixflagsstalker

Postby great america fan on May 12th, 2017, 7:33 pm
ImageImageImageImageImage
Joker updates from today
great america fan

Postby SFGAM_Hog on May 12th, 2017, 8:27 pm
I wonder what the Joker Cam is.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby stockboy300 on May 12th, 2017, 8:31 pm
Was at the park today looking for the Joker t-shirt and was told they probley won't get the shirts till the 25th.
stockboy300

Postby X-Flight2012 on May 12th, 2017, 11:32 pm
When is season pass day for the Joker?
X-Flight2012

Postby RollingCoasting on May 12th, 2017, 11:34 pm
^May 26th

https://www.sixflags.com/greatamerica/s ... -ride-time

SFGAM_Hog wrote:I wonder what the Joker Cam is.

Just thought of something - Maybe it's a screen similar to the one TDK has in it's queue
RollingCoasting

Postby gottastrata33 on May 13th, 2017, 2:22 am
Cant wait to see this in person all put together. Who will be attending the commercial shoot next Thursday?!
gottastrata33

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on May 15th, 2017, 10:24 pm
^ not me, I'll be at Season Pass Preview though. Debating if I want to get to the park super early or not... might sleep over at my aunts that lives 1/4 of the way between me and SFGAm for a kickstart. driving to SFGAm on weekdays for me is horrendous, hoping the joker is worth it!

Also, my friend was at the park this last Saturday and was stuck on whizzer. When they finally got off they got inconvience passes to skip the line for The Joker. It actually looked nice too, much better than the ones they had for Goliath. Anybody else get a hold of one?
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby RollingCoasting on May 15th, 2017, 10:52 pm
I'm actually kind of hoping to get stuck on something between now until when The Joker opens so I can avoid the line. :D

My plan is to go on May 27th (Saturday, Public opening of The Joker). Anyone who went to the park the week Goliath opened knows that every other ride has no line basically when a new coaster opens. So yeah, I'm not sure if this is going to work or not, but I'm thinking I'm going to take advantage of the empty lines all day and then enter The Joker's line right as they're roping it off for the night (Which I assume will be at 8:58 P.M.).
Will probably be under 20 minute wait + Night ride

The only way I could see this backfiring is if they close the line off earlier. Of all the times I've stayed until closing, I've never seen a certain ride close significantly earlier than others, but I feel there's a chance it could happen since the queue will probably be full until at least 8 or so.

Does anyone know if Goliath's line was closed early in 2014? X-Flight in 2012?
RollingCoasting

Postby Wisco Woody on May 15th, 2017, 11:37 pm
If you're hoping for a 20 minute wait on Joker at any point on opening day, or any weekend day for the first month, you are mistaken. Do you honestly expect to enter the que at 9 pm on opening day, if it's still open, and expect anything less than a 90 minute wait? The general public crowds will be mostly chomping at the bit for this 25-30 second ride, but I think even they will be disappointed with the ride given how long the waits will be, given an actual capacity of 500-600 pph. My advice, wait until a June weekday, but if you can't wait then ride early and enjoy the shorter lines on other coasters the rest of the day.
Wisco Woody

Postby RollingCoasting on May 16th, 2017, 12:00 am
Alright, 20 minutes is quite an exaggeration, but I can't fathom it being more than an hour if the line was still open at 9:00. (No way they'd go past that - employees need to go home) About an hour before closing last year, Justice League had a nearly full queue, and then 5 minutes before closing (7:58 on that particular day) it was only 1 or 2 people outside of the building and the line was still open to enter. Another example: Goliath having a full queue an hour before closing and then having a stair wait at actual closing. (Have seen this also) Granted those weren't on the opening weekends of both rides, but still, not everybody stays all the way until the end of the night, so I'd imagine it being at least a bit shorter. Here's a video of Goliath with a 20 minute wait at closing, 2 weeks after it opened: https://youtu.be/kr-ZSVxH6yQ

Looking a bit more into it, they honestly probably will close the line off around 7:30 or 8:00, but hey, I'd rather wait 90 minutes v.s. the 4 hour line earlier in the day. I'd still like to see if anyone has insight on whether other new coasters had their lines open at closing or not, just in case I'm wrong

This obviously could be completely wrong since it's so far ahead, but accuweather currently says there a few showers possible for Gurnee on May 27th, so maybe that'll scare most of the crowds away, lol.
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/gurnee ... 098?day=12

Talking about the (probable) long queue times reminds me, where will the temporary overflow queue go for the Joker? Maybe it'll use Batman's for the season?
RollingCoasting

Postby staticshadows on May 16th, 2017, 2:12 pm
Edit: Removed from forum.
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby Skankhunt42 on May 16th, 2017, 3:24 pm
What's up schoup/bbd/doubleb? I knew this sounded familiar
bbd's post from Page 5 of this thread on September 2nd, 2016 12:45pm.
bbd wrote:First, I find it hilarious how upset you are over any critique. It's a poor ride, one and done with interest per visit as it's underwhelming on the thrill meter. The absence of any lateral movements, makes real enthusiasts not to consider the rides 4th dimension roller coasters due to the fact that all movement is restricted to a 2 dimensional plane. It's a gimmick of marketing. Try looking for other opinions, but it seems diverse views and actual critique clearly riles you up.

I have been to parks that have, I have road it. The views of people at the park was blah by most. SF had people out at the front gates doing interviews at SFGAdv trying to hype it. "Are you going to ride the Joker?" They were blatantly trying to hype it as people waited for the gates to open. This is a a ride they just added and the fact it Kingda Ka, El Toro and others were getting bigger lines than the ride that was new and they were hyping. Worrisome for them and they know it. They are concerned it won't hold up over time in interest. Btw, the ride line for it was largely do to it's low per hr capacity over massive interest. Their new "great hyped ride" had a 15 to 20 min wait on a busy midday in August, while many other rides had longer waits. Troublesome and SF has added 3 more of these things.

Your last post to this thread.
doubleb wrote:The queue won't be long as the season progresses. GAdv is a perfect example. The thing is word of mouth spreads that the ride is not good. That was the common them over hearing conversations waiting for Kingda ka, nitro, etc...last august when I visited. Only the 1 time a yr people were really in line, and the line was topping out at 45 minutes. Season pass holders lose interest after they do it on their early season visits. Most people feel it's a one and done ride, over hearing conversations. It's something to try and the consensus is it's not something you want to redo with any urgency like a good woody, hyper, invert, etc...
Skankhunt42

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on May 16th, 2017, 4:32 pm
Just give it up. We knew it was you from day 1. Nobody else on this forum has the audacity to call everyone 'Typical SF Customers' in a mocking tone other than someone with a background of mocking this forum.

Also, BB(d), Double B. Strikingly similar names with very similar posts. Just be sure you take a Seroquel before you try to make us clutch our pearls again.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby SFGAM_Hog on May 16th, 2017, 8:52 pm
I really hope the park adds some shade in the queue. Justice League's queue outside is terribly hot.

Edit: SFGAM's snapcbat shows a video of the ride and the queue with lights. The sign looks great when lit. I don't have any pictures.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on May 16th, 2017, 9:37 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:I really hope the park adds some shade in the queue. Justice League's queue outside is terribly hot.

I was thinking the same thing. Don't forget the rain too.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby RollingCoasting on May 17th, 2017, 12:37 pm

I guess this is what The Joker Cam is

Edit:

To clarify -
I did not stalk schoup and look up his reddit account, I received a private message from the user on Reddit practically indicating it was him.

No need to comment further on the subject
Last edited by RollingCoasting on August 26th, 2017, 9:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
RollingCoasting

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on May 17th, 2017, 5:21 pm
Ok, while not all of us may like schoup/bbd/doubleb, you don't have to publicly show his reddit profile and stalk him. That's not only an invasion of privacy, but is seriously creepy.

And for doubleb, that is a bit much for a reddit profile. We get that RC was being intrusive, but no need for name calling. If it really wasn't you, you could've just said it and be over with it. And if it was, it's ok, most of us use Reddit anyway.

Let's just stop this before it goes to any extremes.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum