Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Wish List

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Coaster Justin on October 29th, 2016, 6:26 am
gottastrata33 wrote:Before anything, I really think we are gonna see a water coaster/waterpark addition in HH for 2018. 2011 was a huge extension to the waterpark but nothing has gone in since. Great America has seen XFlight, BlahNight, Goilath, Hometown park, JLBFM & Joker in those years.

I'd love to see the kiddie coaster cred come in the park with that but when was the last time both a water park & dry park got an addition the same year? I really do think 2018 will be big though. cause if they want, we may see Holiday in the park introduced, a waterpark addition comes to cool off in the summer while HITP will bring an extended season in the winter.

Why do you want a Kiddie Coaster? We already have 2 with Spacely and Little Dipper.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby gottastrata33 on October 29th, 2016, 9:37 am
Why do you want another coaster for you to ride when you have 14? I think it's important to have more options. Magic mountain gets it. Granted they have more options than anyone on Earth but a smaller one would give yet another option for those thinking even Spacelys was too big for a first step. The area home town park is in would be a perfect spot for one in the center but "beginning" of the park people pass through. You can't say me wanting more availability for guests/families is a bad decision when we have 7x more options than a child does.
gottastrata33

Postby RollingCoasting on October 29th, 2016, 5:45 pm
2 is a pretty good number. Our neighbors in Missouri have 0
I'd rather us get another family coaster than a kiddie coaster (Yes, there is a difference)

Perhaps a spinning coaster?
RollingCoasting

Postby Tardis1972 on October 29th, 2016, 6:02 pm
I wouldn't mind a spinning coaster as long as its either a Mack or Maurer spinner.
Tardis1972

Postby Coaster Justin on October 29th, 2016, 9:37 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:Why do you want another coaster for you to ride when you have 14? I think it's important to have more options. Magic mountain gets it. Granted they have more options than anyone on Earth but a smaller one would give yet another option for those thinking even Spacelys was too big for a first step. The area home town park is in would be a perfect spot for one in the center but "beginning" of the park people pass through. You can't say me wanting more availability for guests/families is a bad decision when we have 7x more options than a child does.

I never said I wanted another coaster. I'd rather a Star Flyer or Giant Discovery as opposed to Joker. I think we need 5 things before another coaster:

1. Proslide Hydro Magnetic Waterslide
2. Zamperla Giant Discovery
3. Funtime Star Flyer
4. Removal Of Go Karts for Bugs Bunny Boomtown
5. Soft Straps added to Demon

I would rather we get RMC to Topper Track the Helix's on Eagle than a new coaster.

Also yes we have 2 junior coasters but when you include "family" (42-48") then that adds Dark Knight and Whizzer, Raising it to 4 coasters. Please don't compare us to SFMM, Yes they have 4 junior coasters but when you take away the 4 junior coasters, families don't have much to do. We on the other hand, When you take away the 2 junior coasters still have many family attractions.

Coaster Justin

Postby gottastrata33 on October 30th, 2016, 2:50 am
Magic Mountain is a pretty bad park to compare us to as I foolishly did. They do have the greatest lineup of coasters in my opinion but we're a better park in my opinion as well.
I'm actually going to agree with you cause if you look at my signature as it's remained the same for a couple years or read into some of my previous posts, I do want/think we need a water coaster & a star flyer.

With that said, I'm not gonna retract my thoughts that another kiddie coaster is also necessary. I know there's a difference between a family & kiddie coaster which is why I'd like another KIDDIE one. I also said with the addition of the little one, that it'd be nice to see a family coaster such as a Disko "coaster" or family invert.

Since you've listed some things you'd like to see our park receive I'll list mine regardless of reality & fantasy.
1. Proslide hydro magnetic water coaster.
2. Hit the absolute height max they can with the "Great American Skyscreamer.
3. Remove go karts & put in the family invert/a new family land called "Kiddieland" next to LD.
4. Hometown park addition of two new attractions consisting of kiddie coaster/disko coaster or family flat ride alongside Demon.
5. That B&M giga dream.
6. Full circuit launch coaster similar to Full Throttle.
7. An actual water coaster whether that be a Mack or Intamin possibly connecting the two parks for guests to enjoy, introduce Aquaman into the park.
gottastrata33

Postby RollingCoasting on October 30th, 2016, 4:15 am
gottastrata33 wrote:5. That B&M giga dream.

You misspelled Intamin :wink: (I wouldn't want it to be anything like MF though)
RollingCoasting

Postby gottastrata33 on October 30th, 2016, 5:22 am
Haha while Intamin do make some insane creations, the two best coasters I've ever been on are Fury325 & Leviathan. I personally think B&M have really proven themselves with the gigas. When it comes down to it, if I was told we were getting a giga, I obviously wouldn't mind either. I say we pull an Energylandia & vote between a B&M & Intamin ;)
gottastrata33

Postby Wisco Woody on November 1st, 2016, 2:36 pm
Now that it's their off season, many of the CP fanboys on TPR are whining about the lack of their RMC announcement. What is most striking is that several of them are complaining that their Ripcord upcharge ride might likely be replacing their old log flume instead of building a 3rd massive coaster in 3 years next to MF. But others than lashed back claiming that CP is not nor will it ever run out of space for them to build 10+ new massive coasters by 2030.

Let's not fall into that same trap as the CP fanboys. We need to recognize that SFGAm is even more landlocked and lacking in space than CP, and if SF wants to build any massive coaster like the grand mythical giga or even a full circuit launch coaster like Full Throttle, one or more coasters or major attractions will have to be permanently removed. I know I've said it before, but I believe next year might be the last for Whizzer, as it will be 15 years overdue for removal in the eyes of park management and maintenance.

Now on a positive note, I would be totally happy if the only thing they add for 2018 is a giant Discovery or Huss giant Frisbee, even if it replaces the Revolution. I also think if enough of us ask for this one specific thrilling flat addition, the Park might alter their 2018 or 2019 plans if it's not already in their plans.
Wisco Woody

Postby gottastrata33 on November 1st, 2016, 3:30 pm
....oh boy. I can't repeat myself anymore about land so moving on.

I'm telling you, 2018 is really pointing towards a water park addition. 2011 was the last time. I already listed all the additions Great America has received from 2011-2017.
gottastrata33

Postby RollingCoasting on November 1st, 2016, 3:36 pm
2019 will probably be our flat ride year, though we're long overdue for both.

Maybe in 2020 Viper will get converted to a T-Rex :D (It's called a wish list for a reason :wink:)
RollingCoasting

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on November 1st, 2016, 3:55 pm
We're fine with land. CP is literally surrounded by water. We at least can attempt to buy some land.

Anyway, 2018 is most likely going to be a waterpark addition. The gap between 2006 and 2011 is shorter than 2011 and 2018. My guess is a Water Coaster.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Wisco Woody on November 1st, 2016, 8:53 pm
"More land" isn't happening, the Park is landlocked by highway, homes, and private businesses. There is no more ideal free land except for parking lot space, so it's almost guaranteed that any major sized additions in the future will require things to be removed. As for the water park, if they do add a water coaster I hope we will not be required to enter HH in proper swim gear in order to ride. A proslide coaster with a complete circuit would eliminate the need of having to walk or wade through water.
Wisco Woody

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on November 1st, 2016, 10:05 pm
^At least we actually have land. CP is literally landlocked, in that they're surrounded by water. We have plenty of room. If it came down to buying houses, at least we can try. You can't buy one of the Great Lakes.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Coaster Justin on November 1st, 2016, 11:45 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:^At least we actually have land. CP is literally landlocked, in that they're surrounded by water. We have plenty of room. If it came down to buying houses, at least we can try. You can't buy one of the Great Lakes.

My solution to both: Build a Parking Garage and BOOM More Land.

Also I hope some of the locals are getting old and tired and willing to sell their land for cheap

Coaster Justin

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on November 2nd, 2016, 12:29 am
I'm not saying we will, but if it came to that point, we could at least try.

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby JaminOut on November 2nd, 2016, 12:19 pm
Wisco Woody wrote: I believe next year might be the last for Whizzer, as it will be 15 years overdue for removal in the eyes of park management and maintenance.

This guy's a comedian!
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby CoasterDemon on November 2nd, 2016, 12:46 pm
Whizzer will be at Great America for a very long time. The entire ride can be replaced in whole or on an as-needed basis.

As far as my Wish List:
1. Better operations.
2. Don't run out of regular ass Coke all over the park. I mean, really? Happens every single year.
3. Don't run out of ice, both in the summer, spring or fall. See #2
4. Don't run out of napkins... see 2 and 3.

There is a reason the season pass is 1/3rd the cost of a "regular" season pass (Cedar Fair, Holiday World, etc.).
I still love my home park, but they seem to master the art of pissing people off. And I think we have the best park in the chain..

If you treat people with respect and show them you value their time, they will come back. They will WANT to spend money in your park.

It's not the price of food and drink that prevent me from spending money in the park... it's the 57 minute wait for crappier-than-fast-food food; it's the running out of coke and ice after I've waited in a 20 minute line for a drink. It's the general "user-unfriendly" atmosphere of a Six Flags park. It's the lack of places to sit...
CoasterDemon

Postby CoasterRiderSC on November 2nd, 2016, 1:23 pm
JaminOut wrote:
Wisco Woody wrote: I believe next year might be the last for Whizzer, as it will be 15 years overdue for removal in the eyes of park management and maintenance.

This guy's a comedian!

I agree with Ben! Whizzer is not going anywhere anytime soon. Maybe once I'm retired it will be replaced (i plan on working 20-25 more years!). V2 and Demon will be gone long before Whizzer. See the earlier posts about another company making the parts and trains that will work on Whizzer.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby Wisco Woody on November 3rd, 2016, 3:54 am
You don't WANT Whizzer to be removed, but that has little bearing if the Park still wants to remove it. You assume that a Mack or Premier can easily provide every part to keep the ride operating forever, but it is clear that Demon is the Park's favorite between the two. And unlike with Whizzer, S&S still produces every part used on the old Arrow coasters, which is probably why they were originally going to remove Whizzer instead of Shockwave.

The Plaza/Hometown midway and front of the park is in desperate need of a new ride and aesthetic, whether that be a water ride/water coaster, flat ride package, or major coaster like a Premier launch. Either way, Whizzer will have to come down to allow for major expansion or transformation.
Wisco Woody

Postby RollingCoasting on November 17th, 2016, 1:24 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeZocVRdsV8

This could fit in Sky Trails spot, right??
RollingCoasting

Postby FParker185 on November 17th, 2016, 10:07 pm
Ride is OK, only needed to ride it once, it'd fit basically anywhere, but would be the best fit in a kids section.

Edit now that I'm on a computer again, Thrill Wise, it's on par with a Rockin Tug or similar.
Last edited by FParker185 on November 20th, 2016, 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby RobSFGAm on November 18th, 2016, 12:30 pm
In regards to the land lock situation, I think it is more fans wanting a bigger park, but the park is happy with the size. Additional acres means more security, more upkeep, more employees, more insurance, etc.

1) They had the land across from the tollway and sold it (10+ years ago).
2) They could easily build over rides (example: land over Roaring Rapids and Yankee Clipper could be built over and still leave these ride.
3) There is land across from Washington Street / Eagle where yet another two houses were town down. IT is a triangle/pie share with little structures left on it. If they wanted to they could move some (no all) of the backlot area across the street.Kind of like Busch Gardens Tampa. They could also move the employee parking lot there as well.
https://www.google.com/maps/@42.36227,-87.9301545,2353m/data=!3m1!1e3
4) The other thing that I am surprised that they do not do is to incorporate the full time office/management above existing buildings (granted building on the Goliath side was scarce).
When you look at Goliath, they could have easily make it go straight out of the station and towards the Eagle along the RR tracks and then turn and come back They would have acheived along ride and nothing would have to have been moved.

CP is Water locked (like other have said) which is a bigger problem
GA in CA is land locked but Levis stadium and office buildings with high rent. Cheaper to purchase a house then an office building...though I do not believe either are considered by the park being non-year round
RobSFGAm

Postby maxwellt on November 19th, 2016, 9:54 pm
Sorry RC, but it'll never happen (at least that's what I think)

Also, I'm sorry for me being really inactive, school sucks, oh well. I'll try to be a but more active now

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk
maxwellt

Postby Jacklw6499 on November 27th, 2016, 4:21 pm
The new energylandia Intamin Hyper looks sweeeeet! Would much rather have that than Bull
Favorite Coasters I've Ridden:
Steel: 1. Maverick 2. Steel Vengeance 3. X2 4. Storm Chaser 5. Twisted Colossus
Wood: 1. The Voyage 2. Renegade 3. Mystic Timbers 4. The Legend 5. The Beast
Great America: 1. Maxx Force 2. Goliath 3. Raging Bull 4. Batman: The Ride 5. X-Flight

Coaster Count: 118
Go Hawks!
Jacklw6499

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum