Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Wish List

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on October 20th, 2016, 5:55 pm
Here's what I think is on the chopping block, going in a circle of the park:

Carousel Plaza:
-Pictorium. It's old, rarely used, outdated, and is a massive eyesore. Could be used for Waterpark expansion or a new coaster(combined with the area behind Whizzer?)

Hometown Square:
-Hometown Fun Machine. While the ride isn't unpopular, nor hard to maintain, it sits in a pretty bad spot for a flat ride. Sure, you get good views of Whizzer, but it's also on the same plot of land Pictorium and the space behind Whizzer sit on. It could possibly get relocated within the park(Sky Trail's spot?)

-Whizzer. I do think it's days are numbered, but it's not going for a long time. Mack and or Gerstlauer still provide parts, it still draws in large crowds, and of course has that ACE Landmark status.

-3 Point Challenge. It's not exactly an attraction per say, but I can certainly see this going soon. It can be used for Hometown Park expansion, or maybe another flat(JWR?). If it is returning, the old Basketball Game is SWT by JB's or X-Flight's Seating area seem like good plots of land.

Southwest Territory:
-Ricochet. This thing rarely gets crowds. The only time I've seen it with a line is during FF, and even then it's only 1 switchback. The thing isn't the most efficient when it comes to space(seriously, there's a good 15-20 feet between the fence and the actual ride). A larger ride could easily fit in the space and not adjust any of the path/fence. While HUSS is still in business, this ride type doesn't seem like it's going to be supported anymore, especially with HUSS's new push to get more of their newer rides sold.

County Fair:
-Demon. Much like Whizzer, I doubt this is going soon, but I can still see it going. While not the smoothest ride in the world, it's still pretty good for what it is- a family-based looper. Vekoma or S&S can still provide parts, and can even be Blue Hawk-ed.

-Buccaneer Battle. uuuuuuugggggggghhhhhhh. Waste of water, space, money, workers, effort. This thing never has a line. The longest I've seen it is maybe 10 people out of the station. The giant queue block is never used(has it ever been used?(and speaking of which, can also be Hometown Park expansion)). Anything is an improvement to this.

-Revolution. If we're getting a Giant Discovery, this has 0 chance for Survival at our park, at least. I don't believe SFA has a pendulum ride. ;)

-Dare Devil Dive. While I do love the thing, it doesn't get too big of a crowd. One time, I went to ride it, and was told that I was the first customer in an hour and a half. They even asked me to act like I was having more fun to get more people to ride it. Pretty dire if you ask me. It could be used for a nice flat, or even a small coaster, if you combine the old GAR track and a bit of space between Eagle and X-Flight. Maybe even Kidzopolis expansion?

-Fiddler's Fling. While the ride is still fairly popular, I'm not too sure the mechanical upkeep is keeping up(lolwut). It was down for like 2 months this season, and I'm fairly certain it's been down like that before. I like the ride, but I think it'll be gone within 10-15 years.

Yukon Territory/Yankee Harbor:
-Camp Cartoon. Ok, maybe not the area, but at least the Hanna-Barbera license. The only show kids today know is MAYBE Scooby Doo. No kid in this day and age has heard of the Jetsons or Yogi Bear. Maybe retheme it to Bugs Bunny Boomtown?

-Logger's Run and Yankee Clipper. Part of the reason I combined Yukon and Yankee into one category is because of these two rides. They are most certainly nearing their final few season(s). However, it's going to be both going at once, not one or the other. While they're still great water rides, I just can't see them staying much longer without a major overhaul.

-V2. See my post above for my reasoning.

Mardi Gras:
-Everything except RR. This area was dead in 2003 after Powerdive left, only leaving RR in the whole area. The addition of Mardi Gras brought in a new breath of air into the area. However, half of the rides have since been removed. King Chaos isn't looking too well, and BEB can easily be put in storage, relocated within the park, or shipped to another park. I'd say a Larson Flying Scooters to replace BEB is a great replacement, and either a Superloop or another thrilling flat.

Orleans Place
-The Dark Knight. This either needs a refurb, needs to be unboxed, or it just needs to come down. If done correctly, we could even get Theater Royale back. I understand it's a nice family coaster, but the popularity is dwindling, especially considering that The Dark Knight Trilogy has been over for quite some time. This can be such a nice coaster if it were outdoors. Otherwise, this is a pretty useless ride(especially considering that it can flood in the rain...)

-Condor. I've said it multiple times, and I'll say it again. A SkyScreamer does everything this does, but better(except for capacity, but Condor was never that popular anyway). Refer to one of my many posts stating why I'd like this gone for more insight.

And yeah, that's about it. There are probably a few rides I missed, but whatever.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby jmanporty7 on October 21st, 2016, 6:13 am
Ah balls I forgot the Pictorium in my post....Lawl!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jmanporty7

Postby CoasterRiderSC on October 21st, 2016, 8:17 am
CoasterRiderSC wrote:^ In my opinion, V2 can go for these reasons :
* it frequently breaks down
* has very low capacity
* line can look short but take while to get on
* isn't really very thrilling

I don't HATE V2. I can take it or leave it. But if something MUST go, I'd vote for it to go if something can fit in it's space. Also, maybe SF can sell it and use the proceeds for a new ride? I have no idea what these rides can get when they're sold to a smaller park.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby CoasterRiderSC on October 21st, 2016, 8:46 am
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:Here's what I think is on the chopping block, going in a circle of the park:

Orleans Place
-The Dark Knight. This either needs a refurb, needs to be unboxed, or it just needs to come down. If done correctly, we could even get Theater Royale back. I understand it's a nice family coaster, but the popularity is dwindling, especially considering that The Dark Knight Trilogy has been over for quite some time. This can be such a nice coaster if it were outdoors. Otherwise, this is a pretty useless ride(especially considering that it can flood in the rain...)

I agree with most of what you wrote. BB is taking up space and manpower to operate. If people want to get wet, there's RR and HH. That ride is kind of annoying because you're a sitting duck out there getting nailed from all directions! One time, a guy on shore was even flinging Big Gulp cups of water at us. Maybe they could put something like Poseidon in its place (or use its space and Demon's)?

However I'm gonna have to disagree about TDK. I honestly don't understand why people hate that ride so much. It's still a popular ride! We waited an hour or hour and 15 for it on a BAFF day right before school started. It usually has a 30-45 minute wait. That ride fills several purposes:
1) Family coaster
2) Dark Ride
3) Entry level coaster
4) Indoor ride (can cool off on a hot day)

Also, it's very fun and super reliable with excellent theming. It's a smile inducing ride (at least for me). I honestly don't ever remember a time when it's broken down! You can't say that about Goliath :)

CoasterRiderSC

Postby JaminOut on October 21st, 2016, 9:23 am
CoasterRiderSC wrote:
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:Here's what I think is on the chopping block, going in a circle of the park:

Orleans Place

I agree with most of what you wrote. BB is taking up space and manpower to operate. If people want to get wet, there's RR and HH. That ride is kind of annoying because you're a sitting duck out there getting nailed from all directions! One time, a guy on shore was even flinging Big Gulp cups of water at us. Maybe they could put something like Poseidon in its place (or use its space and Demon's)?

However I'm gonna have to disagree about TDK. I honestly don't understand why people hate that ride so much. It's still a popular ride! We waited an hour or hour and 15 for it on a BAFF day right before school started. It usually has a 30-45 minute wait. That ride fills several purposes:
1) Family coaster
2) Dark Ride
3) Entry level coaster

Also, it's very fun and super reliable with excellent theming. It's a smile inducing ride (at least for me). I honestly don't ever remember a time when it's broken down! You can't say that about Goliath :)

Demon and Dark Knight have about the same ridership. The only difference is Demon is actually a people eater, therefore it doesn't produce a line.
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on October 21st, 2016, 10:51 am
I get that TDK is a good family coaster with a bit of popularity, but I think the biggest gripe I have with it is the theming it has. Quite a bit of the theming doesn't even work, the theming and box create a huge claustrophobic feeling, the camera blinds you, the train at the end is VERY unnecessary, and just doesn't really flow well. I think the park can make the ride a lot better by unboxing it, and giving it a New Orleans theme. Maybe Dark Blue supports with Purple and Gold track? Maybe a few Fluers-de-lis on the switchbacks? It could look very nice if they got rid of that giant eyesore of a box.

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby RollingCoasting on October 21st, 2016, 3:07 pm
Why not just keep the box and remake the coaster into "Le Meurtrier" (The Murderer) and add more theming and maybe some new floorless trains?
RollingCoasting

Postby CoasterRiderSC on October 21st, 2016, 11:47 pm
JaminOut wrote:
CoasterRiderSC wrote:

Orleans Place

1) Family coaster
2) Dark Ride
3) Entry level coaster

Demon and Dark Knight have about the same ridership. The only difference is Demon is actually a people eater, therefore it doesn't produce a line.

Where do you find the ridership data? I was searching today but couldn't find any real data. I know in another post someone actually pulled stats about CP rides.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby CoasterRiderSC on October 21st, 2016, 11:49 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:Why not just keep the box and remake the coaster into "Le Meurtrier" (The Murderer) and add more theming and maybe some new floorless trains?

Why not just keep TDK as it is?? Also, I actually like the train horn at the end! It reminds me of the Blackhawks when they score a goal! And I think the trains are kind of cool that you ride in.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby RollingCoasting on October 21st, 2016, 11:58 pm
I mean if they're going to remove the building I don't really see the point in keeping the coaster. The park could've removed TDK in 2013, kept RC, Orbit, ERC, and JWR and put Joker in TDK's spot with a Bizzaro theme. The only reasons I think they chose RC are:

-TDK is newer
-TDK is more popular
-TDK seems more reliable
RollingCoasting

Postby gottastrata33 on October 23rd, 2016, 2:02 pm
The Dark Knight has one of the best capacities in our park. The line was right out of the preshow room & the line was just over 5min on Friday. The ride is constantly moving. & so is the line. I feel like so many of you go along with one thing that has been stated & spread it like wildfire. Understand what you're saying. Dark knight does not have horrible capacity & as stated, it fills the indoor dark ride coaster concept. It's fun, smooth as the day it opened & a great family addition. The only thing in surprised no one has "complained" about is when you really break it down the Joker will be our third attraction themed to the Joker. That's something much more interesting to point out over unnecessary hatred for the ride itself.

Understand that everything we have, we have for a reason. The park doesn't care that you don't like Buccaneer Battle. It's not a waste of space to them. They put in a lot of efforts with themeing. You all complain so much about themeing yet don't see the qualities in this? Sure it's line isn't sprawling but the entire area is interactive & packed with children running & laughing during the summer. You're so quick to hate on something simply because you don't like it that you can't see past why the hell its actually here!
gottastrata33

Postby CoasterRiderSC on October 24th, 2016, 2:28 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:The Dark Knight has one of the best capacities in our park. The line was right out of the preshow room & the line was just over 5min on Friday. The ride is constantly moving. & so is the line. I feel like so many of you go along with one thing that has been stated & spread it like wildfire. Understand what you're saying. Dark knight does not have horrible capacity & as stated, it fills the indoor dark ride coaster concept. It's fun, smooth as the day it opened & a great family addition. The only thing in surprised no one has "complained" about is when you really break it down the Joker will be our third attraction themed to the Joker. That's something much more interesting to point out over unnecessary hatred for the ride itself.

Understand that everything we have, we have for a reason. The park doesn't care that you don't like Buccaneer Battle. It's not a waste of space to them. They put in a lot of efforts with themeing. You all complain so much about themeing yet don't see the qualities in this? Sure it's line isn't sprawling but the entire area is interactive & packed with children running & laughing during the summer. You're so quick to hate on something simply because you don't like it that you can't see past why the hell its actually here!

I agree with what you wrote, gottastrata! My only point about BB is that if something had to go to make space I wouldn't be shedding any tears over that ride. But I agree that kids LOVE it, including my 6 yo!

CoasterRiderSC

Postby gottastrata33 on October 24th, 2016, 2:52 pm
Same with my 8yo cousin. It's a very interactive area for families.

I still think they need to expand Hometown Park with a kiddie coaster. If I had to put in something new, before anything else (I'm gonna get so much crap for this) I would take out the ladders by Hometown park & install a "Hot Rod Racers" coaster & install a small family invert (if that was planned intricately) or a Zamperla Disko Coaster where the cemetery now is going along demon & "The Lobster". That area becomes our version of the Gemini midway at CP.
gottastrata33

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on October 24th, 2016, 3:06 pm
I think the best location for expansion would be the BB queue block. I have NEVER seen that thing used. Never. Even on the hottest days, the line for BB is maybe 20 people outside the station. Never is it more than 15 minutes.

As for the actual expansion, I'd love a Disko Coaster and a Larson Flying Scooters. I doubt a small family invert would fit in Sky Trail's spot, but hey, they fit X Flight and Goliath into a space nobody would've imagined. Another solid family coaster is always a good addition.

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby RollingCoasting on October 24th, 2016, 3:54 pm
I have rarely seen BB's line over 10-15 minutes since 2012 at least, it seems like it randomly gained popularity this summer. I think the queue was left over from Deja Vu and BB did not get as many riders as they initially expected hence the queue being empty.

I'd say BB would be a perfect spot for a family invert (Or any family coaster), it seems like a decent amount of space, and it is relatively close to Hometown Park as pointed out
RollingCoasting

Postby gottastrata33 on October 24th, 2016, 5:52 pm
The oval layout kiddie coaster could also easily fit into BBs overflow plot. It takes up such little space, so I'd go with that plot too but really feel where the ladders are the coaster would look less invasive & compliment that area better. The park could even call it "Little Devil" since it's near Demon. Omg how cute. Haha

Deja Vus que was actually under yellow tarps on the right side of where BB is now along side the game stand.
gottastrata33

Postby CoasterRiderSC on October 25th, 2016, 3:11 pm
^ Something like Steel Lasso and they could call it Wonder Woman's Lasso (to save from having to come up with a new name!)

CoasterRiderSC

Postby gottastrata33 on October 25th, 2016, 3:26 pm
Eh if anything I'd rather them theme it to something we don't have in the chain like a coaster to Tweety. Tweety can be on the front car with Sylvester on the back on the train "chasing" him. There's so much you can do that's cute & unique.
gottastrata33

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on October 26th, 2016, 12:13 pm
And it can fit! I made a quick little image with Freedom Flyer from Fun Spot America in the Sky Trail spot. If we remove those boats next to the SWT Brdige games, we can fit it. I could try and get in a few other positions later, but that's all I had time for rn.

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby gottastrata33 on October 26th, 2016, 1:51 pm
Awesome! & those turns can be over the midway cause ridding the path obviously won't happen. Now imagine a Hot Rod Racers, this suspended, & Hometown park all in one area. I think it's perfect for the thrill seekers in training.
gottastrata33

Postby CoasterRiderSC on October 26th, 2016, 2:20 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:Awesome! & those turns can be over the midway cause ridding the path obviously won't happen. Now imagine a Hot Rod Racers, this suspended, & Hometown park all in one area. I think it's perfect for the thrill seekers in training.

I love the "thrill seekers in training" title!! Also, do those toy boats even operate anymore? Those things have been there for as long as I can remember! I never see anyone using them.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on October 26th, 2016, 2:56 pm
They still work, but I think the park can count the number of people who use it daily on 2 hands. They removed quite a few others(i.e. ones where X-Flight is now, in front of pictorium exit). I doubt the income is larger than the operating cost. I wouldn't be surprised to see them go soon.

I'll see if I can add a Zamperla Single Helix to the area soon.

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby gottastrata33 on October 26th, 2016, 4:00 pm
I say just keep the water area without the boats. I actually forget they're there quite often. But like I said everything is here for a reason so the park must want them there obviously.

Try placing it over the ladders & the BB overflow que. See what works best for the area with Hometown park there.
gottastrata33

Postby X-Flight2012 on October 26th, 2016, 9:09 pm
This is one of my personal desires for the park...

After a full circuit launch coaster, for our next family coaster I would love to see a Mack Spinning Family Launch Coaster with a stronger layout than Cobra's Curse

Also I would love to see a Mack Power Splash on BB's spot
X-Flight2012

Postby gottastrata33 on October 28th, 2016, 8:40 pm
Before anything, I really think we are gonna see a water coaster/waterpark addition in HH for 2018. 2011 was a huge extension to the waterpark but nothing has gone in since. Great America has seen XFlight, BlahNight, Goilath, Hometown park, JLBFM & Joker in those years.

I'd love to see the kiddie coaster cred come in the park with that but when was the last time both a water park & dry park got an addition the same year? I really do think 2018 will be big though. cause if they want, we may see Holiday in the park introduced, a waterpark addition comes to cool off in the summer while HITP will bring an extended season in the winter.
I dream of the 400ft "Great American SkyScreamer". x
gottastrata33

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum