Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

V2's Last Year?

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Viper 88 on September 26th, 2016, 11:59 pm
Who is bugging on my Viper :evil: Viper is much much better than AE also Viper is less maintenance because it is natural wood and not painted. I will agree with getting rid of Joker its the love child of XFlight and King Chaos, so you've basically done it already. While we're pulling things out take out the King shakes like a mother.
Viper 88

Postby Goku1910 on September 27th, 2016, 12:03 am
Viper is good but not great. It's in dire need of a retrack just like Eagle. The only difference with Eagle is that it's in much worse shape.
Goku1910

Postby RollingCoasting on September 27th, 2016, 3:41 pm
This is where I somewhat agree with the person who questioned how any coaster is rough. (Note: Somewhat Agree, only with the wooden coaster part)

I don't see how a person under 40 can't enjoy a good ol' ride on American Eagle or Viper. I think the shakiness in the helix adds to the out-of-control experience you're supposed to get on wooden coasters. And I've said it multiple time before, but if you really want a rough ride, go ride American Eagle's neighbor. American Eagle and Viper are now B&MS
RollingCoasting

Postby Wisco Woody on September 27th, 2016, 4:10 pm
AE's neighbor? I hope you're not referring to Goliath as being "rough". If you are, it proves that you are soft.
Wisco Woody

Postby RollingCoasting on September 27th, 2016, 4:15 pm

You can't seriously not know which ride I'm referring too... Goliath??
RollingCoasting

Postby Wisco Woody on September 27th, 2016, 4:21 pm
OK if you're referring to Demon it makes more sense, but it's not really AE's neighbor as much as X-Flight and Goliath, so I thought you were referring to one of those 2.
Wisco Woody

Postby RollingCoasting on September 27th, 2016, 4:33 pm
Sorry for the confusion. Still, when you add up the factors, Demons is the only rough coaster out of those 3 nearby :p

Also, I wouldn't really consider Goliath AE's neighbor. It's not THAT close compared to X-Flight and Demon. Kidzopolis, Funnel Cake Foundry, bathrooms, Johnny Rockets, and Fairground Junction separate them, whereas Demon and X-Flight get pretty close to AE
RollingCoasting

Postby Wisco Woody on September 27th, 2016, 4:40 pm
Still though, the roughest ride on a wooden coaster at a 5+ coaster elite park I've been on is back row on AE blue, can be twice as bad as Mean Streak was. Most other seats are just fine, but that back row on blue's tighter final helix can cause the most brutal jackhammering from side to side.
Wisco Woody

Postby RollingCoasting on September 27th, 2016, 4:46 pm
I'll agree with you that back-row on AE Blue is probably the roughest row on the ride, but it's not that bad when you're used to it
RollingCoasting

Postby CoasterCale on September 28th, 2016, 8:24 am
How did we get from V2 to Eagle and Viper? Anyways, I will this time in and time out. Be glad there are non wheel seats. So many wooden coasters only have two rows per car now.
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby RollingCoasting on January 5th, 2017, 4:32 pm
Ironically, an Intamin Impulse coaster is on CGA's master plan

I know relocating to a different major chain is a stretch, but you never know...
RollingCoasting

Postby staticshadows on January 5th, 2017, 5:28 pm
Edit: Removed from forum.
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby RollingCoasting on February 8th, 2017, 5:14 pm
Not that it has any substance, but here's Coaster Studio's analysis on the V2 rumor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzi2Ze-1NoA
RollingCoasting

Postby gottastrata33 on February 9th, 2017, 3:05 am
I've gone back & forth on that "Pulsar" idea once his rumor hit. So I'll say this - I don't know who started this rumor or why but I do know that I really don't want V2 to leave our park. I've said it before I'll say it again, I like the coaster. I like it's location & I love everything else about it from the noises it makes, it's name to its kick ass logo. Sure I miss the holding brake. But I don't think it's life is limited at this park. The gp still get intimated by it & like it. It's the only launched coaster in our park & I think it looks fantastic in the skyline. Unless they want to contact Intamin to build us a bigger better more "energy efficient" twisted impulse, it's gonna be really hard saying goodbye to the ride whenever that may be.
gottastrata33

Postby JaminOut on February 9th, 2017, 8:15 am
It will be interesting to see what happens. Maybe the park is ready to put the flumes on the chopping block. This would open up a large space, especially if you tossed the rapids too. It's highly unlikely due to their popularity during the summer, but you never know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby staticshadows on February 9th, 2017, 2:27 pm
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby gottastrata33 on February 11th, 2017, 2:24 am
I don't see SFNE removing GCG yet. It's a family coaster that seems to do well there & really isn't that old...for NE.
gottastrata33

Postby stergmi on February 12th, 2017, 12:17 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:Not that it has any substance, but here's Coaster Studio's analysis on the V2 rumor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzi2Ze-1NoA

Just a Flash Fact here but many of the pics featured in this video are mine [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stergmi

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on February 12th, 2017, 7:56 pm
http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/l ... olumn.html

In the article Claussen says V2 hasn't been touched nor will it be. Rumor put to rest?

If not though, I don't think I would mind seeing S&S triple launch concept in V2's spot.
Last edited by Dan The Coaster Man on February 12th, 2017, 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby RollingCoasting on February 12th, 2017, 8:09 pm
I don't think it means anything. Hank also said Iron Wolf wasn't leaving 2/3 weeks before it's removal was confirmed. Not to mention the article says there are no plans to make changes to the ride as is, it nevers mentions removal overalll

Not saying V2 won't be here in 2018, but I still think it's a possibility :p
RollingCoasting

Postby Jacklw6499 on March 14th, 2017, 11:20 am
http://screamscape.com/html/six_flags_america.htm
Welp, Screamscape now has added the rumor to Six Flags America's page. Usually, Screamscape is pretty reliable but yes it is still a rumor.
Favorite Coasters I've Ridden:
Steel: 1. Maverick 2. Steel Vengeance 3. X2 4. Storm Chaser 5. Twisted Colossus
Wood: 1. The Voyage 2. Renegade 3. Mystic Timbers 4. The Legend 5. The Beast
Great America: 1. Maxx Force 2. Goliath 3. Raging Bull 4. Batman: The Ride 5. X-Flight

Coaster Count: 118
Go Hawks!
Jacklw6499

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on March 14th, 2017, 12:00 pm
(Dreaming out loud) If this does come true, I say to hell with it! Knock down both of those flumes and give us a floorless B&M looper! Great Adventure got Chang, so how about we take Bizarro off your hands? lol. That's pretty much the last plot of land left at Great America that could house a large, high capacity looper! Something that we have lacked for almost 15 years now!
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby tribar on March 14th, 2017, 12:13 pm
SFGAMNUT9302 wrote:(Dreaming out loud) If this does come true, I say to hell with it! Knock down both of those flumes and give us a floorless B&M looper! Great Adventure got Chang, so how about we take Bizarro off your hands? lol. That's pretty much the last plot of land left at Great America that could house a large, high capacity looper! Something that we have lacked for almost 15 years now!

Another park's leftovers are not the best use for that spot. I think a Mack launched coaster like Helix would be best for that spot. If they remove V2, they would not have a launch coaster. I'd like to see the flumes stay and have the coaster interact with them but that probably won't happen.
tribar

Postby staticshadows on March 14th, 2017, 1:08 pm
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on March 14th, 2017, 1:50 pm
Hey... They could always move the flumes to Six Flags America too ;-) lol I would love to see a Mega Looper take that plot of land, and a few years down the line, a Mack/premier Launched coaster placed right at the front of the park where the Pictorium currently stands...... If we got a mega looper and a full circuit launched coaster.... In my opinion that would pretty much make our coaster collection rock solid and complete! .... However, if they found a way to wedge a few more in there, I wouldn't mind, lol
SFGAMNUT9302

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum