Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Official 'The Joker' Topic

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on September 4th, 2016, 8:51 pm
I'm in line for Goliath rn, will walk past Joker site on way back

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby great america fan on September 4th, 2016, 9:28 pm
https://youtu.be/WLC0zUcmTEE
Video I took today I forgot to get ragin Cajun pad there no change though.
great america fan

Postby SFGAM_Hog on September 4th, 2016, 9:32 pm
Forgot to say, but while I was there yesterday, I ran into JiggidyNDG on my way to V2! Yeah, it was cool meeting him :) Looks like the Joker will change Mardi Gras's look for sure
SFGAM_Hog

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on September 4th, 2016, 9:41 pm
Nothing changed as of yet, but this thing will DOMINATE over YH and MG.

Also, both Orbit and ERC's cars are gone. I've seen ERC without cars before, but Orbit was a sight to see. No pics tho.

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby RollingCoasting on September 4th, 2016, 9:46 pm
^^^ Man that video brings back memories. I really miss Cajun :cry: I really need to go to Six Flags America
RollingCoasting

Postby Goku1910 on September 4th, 2016, 9:55 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:Nothing changed as of yet, but this thing will DOMINATE over YH and MG.

Also, both Orbit and ERC's cars are gone. I've seen ERC without cars before, but Orbit was a sight to see. No pics tho.

I've seen it raised in the air with no cars. :lol:
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby Mean Streaker on September 4th, 2016, 9:56 pm
I wish they would've left RC's station and used it for a compact coaster instead of putting the Joker there. I'll also miss the bridge but I'll get over that.
Mean Streaker

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on September 4th, 2016, 10:00 pm
I love how 13 years ago, people here were going wild over the Suspension bridge leaving. Now nobody gives a crap about the covered one.

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby SFGAM_Hog on September 4th, 2016, 10:11 pm
As much as I like the covered bridges, it doesn't bug me because there are 2 more.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby Mean Streaker on September 5th, 2016, 1:10 am
SFGAM_Hog wrote:As much as I like the covered bridges, it doesn't bug me because there are 2 more.

NO!!! NO!!! THERE WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER BRIDGE LIKE THE YANKEE HARBOR/ MARDI GRAS COVEREDBRIDGE!!!!

#RIPCoveredBridge2016
Mean Streaker

Postby gottastrata33 on September 5th, 2016, 1:48 am
It is actually sad though cause it's an original part of the park. Its very well built.

& I know this is silly, but in the video I saw banners. Can anyone post a pic if you have one of the area with the banners?
gottastrata33

Postby FParker185 on September 5th, 2016, 1:42 pm
I still miss the suspension bridge that Ragin Cajun replaced
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby great america fan on September 5th, 2016, 1:47 pm
Does anyone know if SF outfitters is gonna get torn down or turned into the jokers gift shop
great america fan

Postby RollingCoasting on September 5th, 2016, 2:04 pm
^ There's an interview with Katy Enrique today, so it'll probably be mentioned there
RollingCoasting

Postby gottastrata33 on September 5th, 2016, 3:16 pm
When & where?
gottastrata33

Postby RollingCoasting on September 5th, 2016, 3:38 pm
I saw it on SFGAm's Twitter. Details there
RollingCoasting

Postby gottastrata33 on September 5th, 2016, 5:47 pm
It won't be posted till later this week.
gottastrata33

Postby anewman35 on September 5th, 2016, 8:23 pm
ERC cars are sitting behind Condor...
anewman35

Postby dlmtechnology on September 5th, 2016, 9:16 pm
It amazes me how slow things take at this park, now I know nothing about what it all takes to do this, but I know I'm all "lets do this" and want to get everything done right away. When I hear the cars are off and behind condor and I see the rest of it is still up I'm all "wtf, why are the arms and main column still up, its been 5 days now"

When I hear they are over at condor I have to remind myself "Winter Storage" and not "why are they not over in orbit land"

But in all seriousness, what would it take to remove the ride completely from it's original location within a day, down to the concrete, all metal gone, just electrical wires left running to the panel.? 1,2,10 people no interruptions?
dlmtechnology

Postby Goku1910 on September 5th, 2016, 9:24 pm
I'll answer your question with other question. Why take it down and put it back up when it'll only operate for a short time? As a business decision, that's just stupid.
Goku1910

Postby dlmtechnology on September 5th, 2016, 9:31 pm
Goku1910 wrote:I'll answer your question with other question. Why take it down and put it back up when it'll only operate for a short time? As a business decision, that's just stupid.

Are you assuming I want it moved and operating in time for FF? Because if so thats really stupid and not what I intended. If your talking about how long it takes them to assemble the ride into the operating season like this past year, then I agree thats stupid.

I'm just curious, theoretically, how quickly can a team of people dismantle the thing so the ride is in pieces that could be put back together at a later date.
dlmtechnology

Postby gottastrata33 on September 5th, 2016, 9:59 pm
I honestly have no clue but I'm with you on let's get his goin! Cause they have a lot of work to do & like you said, I'd wanna be like let's get this goin cause I'm excited for a new addition. I cannot wait to see what this looks like. I hate that we don't have the usual animation & renderings to get a solid take on what this will look like here.
gottastrata33

Postby anewman35 on September 5th, 2016, 10:03 pm
When I was at the park today, I was wondering if today was the last say we ever see the old RC station. Wouldn't be surprised at all if they use the downtime of the next few weeks to demolish it...
anewman35

Postby anewman35 on September 5th, 2016, 10:40 pm
It's annoying enough that they're not even going to try to get the ride open for opening day, and it'll be Memorial Day weekend if we're lucky, but that's really going to be stupid is if (who am I kidding, when) they don't have the new path done and the path just dead ends for a few weeks...
anewman35

Postby SFGAM_Hog on September 5th, 2016, 10:42 pm
I'd love to see them start construction, but you know Six Flags...always starts construction during the winter.
SFGAM_Hog

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum